Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,088 members, 7,821,758 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

Stop Using Southern Kaduna Crisis to Advance Your Relevance -balarabe Musa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Using Southern Kaduna Crisis to Advance Your Relevance -balarabe Musa (828 Views)

”seek Other Avenues For Your Relevance”: Nigeria Army Blasts Gov Fayose / "Real Reason Igbos Want To Leave Nigeria" – Ex Governor Balarabe Musa / Why North’ll Continue To Be Problem To Nigeria –balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Using Southern Kaduna Crisis to Advance Your Relevance -balarabe Musa by faaz24: 11:20pm On Jan 22, 2017
Former Governor of defunct Kaduna State, Alhaji Balarabe Musa had asked the former minister of aviation,Chief Fani Kayode and other elites to stop using Southern Kaduna killings as an avenue to make money and advance their political relevance while victims were still in pains and trauma.

Speaking with journalists at his residence in Kaduna,the former governor who described Fani Kayode as a trouble maker warned that inciting Southern Kaduna people against others in the state would be destructive.

He also warns Senator Danjuma La’ah and others who called for self defence in Southern Kaduna, saying it would rather bring more crisis. The former governor called on the entire people of Kaduna State irrespective of religion and ethnicity to come together as brothers and sisters to end the killings which he said started since 1986.

He tasks governor Nasir el-Rufai to revive Kachia Ginger factory and other companies in Southern part of the state, a move he says will address the high poverty and backwardness of the zone. He further accused the Southern Kaduna elites of collaborating with their Northern Kaduna elites in destroying the industries built in the zone like Kachia Ginger factory, adding that Southern Kaduna elites prefer money and appointments to being governor of the state.

The former governor, however, said he do not believe President Muhammadu Buhari and Governor Nasir el-Rufai are behind the killings in Southern Kaduna, stressing that he was also a victim of cattle rustlers in the northern part of the state.

His words: “Those elites, including Senator Danjuma Laah, calling for self defence in Southern Kaduna are making the situation to be worst and self destructive. To Fani Kayode, I know he is a trouble maker. Kayode always mislead people, even the government he served. Kayode calling on Southern Kaduna to carry arms is condemnable. He is making money from his utterances, but it is unfortunate.

"Those elites making money from such utterances are making the issue worst. Some of the elites are even using the situation in Southern Kaduna for political relevance. The Southern Kaduna elites are the problem of the area. They prefer money and appointments rather than governing the state. They always conspired with their Northern Kaduna elites to cheat ordinary Southern Kaduna people.

"Let me give you an example, my party, the Peoples Redemption Party (PRP) nominated their own Tom Maiyashi as our governorship candidate severally, but the same Southern Kaduna elites worked against him. They voted for a Northern Kaduna candidate for money and appointments. I established ginger industry in Southern Kaduna but the same elites collaborated with Northern elites and destroyed the industries.

"The Southern Kaduna violence is unfortunate. I think this is something that has been going on since 1986. It has been going on since then and each time it gets worse. But, let us go to the root of the matter. The root of the matter is comparative poverty, lack of enlightenment and manipulation by the elites. The level of poverty in the Southern part of the state is much higher than the rest part of the state. For example, the Southern part consists of eight local government areas, but there is not a single industry in the area. The industries that were established in the area during the second republic were destroyed by the elites in Southern Kaduna in collaboration with their counterparts in Northern part of the state. So, with this situation, what do you expect?

"Secondly, the level of enlightenment in the southern part of the state is much lower and therefore, it is very easy to manipulate people and engage them in self destruction.

“The third root of the problem is the bankruptcy of the elites in both the Southern-Kaduna and other parts of the state, with higher bankruptcy in the southern part of the state. Let me tell you, one of the issues that has always caused problems in Kaduna State is the legitimate agitation of the people of Southern-Kaduna for the opportunity to have a Governor from the zone.

"But, in spite of their legitimate desire to produce a Governor from the zone, they don’t vote for the candidate when they get one, they instead go for money and position for themselves. Just as I earlier stated, on two occasions the PRP nominated Mataimaki Tom Maiyashi from the southern part of Kaduna, but they refused to vote for him. They voted for another party that gave their elites money and positions. Now, is this not bankruptcy?

"Now, with such situation nothing can change, unless you have a determined and progressive situation in the state, where people will concern themselves with the dignity of the human person first, then it would not matter whether you are from the south or you are from the north.

“On the allegation that the President of Nigeria and the sitting Governor are the sponsors of the killings in Southern Kaduna, I don’t think that is possible. I don’t believe that because I was a Governor in this state.

“The Southern Kaduna people must resist incitements from some people in the Southern part of Nigeria who are misadvising them to carry arms. Instead, they should come together and join hands with some of the honest people they identify in Kaduna North and central to end the crisis. Accusing Hausa/Fulani of being behind the attacks in the area is very dangerous. Let's all come together as one irrespective of our religion and ethnicity to end the killings. When you are accusing Hausa/Fulani and their religion, it will end up being destructive. Let’s come together as one and deal with those criminals” Balarabe Musa said.

Source: John Femi Adi
Re: Stop Using Southern Kaduna Crisis to Advance Your Relevance -balarabe Musa by agya1: 11:29pm On Jan 22, 2017
Including you too Mr. BALARABE MUSA.
Re: Stop Using Southern Kaduna Crisis to Advance Your Relevance -balarabe Musa by DIKEnaWAR: 11:39pm On Jan 22, 2017
Mcheeew!

Balarabe Musa too is looking to make money from theBay killings. I expected him to condemn, and call for the arrest and prosecution of the fulani herdsmen involved in the killing and put a stop to nomadic cattle rearing.

He is looking for money to buy gworo and continue talking yawu...yawu

2 Likes

Re: Stop Using Southern Kaduna Crisis to Advance Your Relevance -balarabe Musa by softmind24: 2:49am On Jan 23, 2017
sad
Re: Stop Using Southern Kaduna Crisis to Advance Your Relevance -balarabe Musa by Omudia11: 5:36am On Jan 23, 2017
Lol
Re: Stop Using Southern Kaduna Crisis to Advance Your Relevance -balarabe Musa by dokyOloye: 7:39am On Jan 23, 2017
Typical northern muslim.
Southern Kaduna indigenes should be discouraged from self defence so U and Ur bloo thirsty jihadists can wipe them off d face of d earth.

(1) (Reply)

How Come Please..??? / NDIGBO: Our Case, A Ticking Time Bomb. ~ By Nnia / Nigerian Govt Insists On Secret Trial Of Ex-nsa Sambo Dasuki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.