Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,704 members, 7,865,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 05:49 AM

PROTEST: Buhari In Face To Face With 2face - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PROTEST: Buhari In Face To Face With 2face (832 Views)

Pictures Of Osinbajo With 2Face, Mo Abudu and Laolu Senbanjo In Hollywood. / Lagosians Line Up To Welcome Buhari In Lagos Today (Photos) / Fear, Not Trust Is Why Nigerians Didn’t Protest Buhari’s Fuel Price Hike, Omokri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

PROTEST: Buhari In Face To Face With 2face by Chizgold: 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2017
I’m afraid Buhari and his handlers are about to create another Nnamdi Kanu. What is all this noise about not allowing 2Face Idibia to lead a protest in Lagos?

When will African leaders recognize that protest is a protected human right? Protest is a negotiation tactic employed by the masses in their political engagement with their government. People go on protest when they believe their conditions are hopeless and they cannot get their government’s attention otherwise.

A government that cracks down on peaceful protests is an irresponsible government. It is impeachable. And it is the clearest evidence of a government that does not feel secure in its policies and performance.

When government engages in suppressive and oppressive tactics, it unwittingly canonizes ordinary folks. I don’t remember ever hearing the name 2Face Idibia, but now I’m writing about him. I’m writing about him because the Buhari government is persecuting him for engaging in the political process.

What will be next, arrest 2Face and throw him in jail? And make him a hero? If people discover that the shortest path to fame is being jailed by a government that feels very insecure in its own skin, more and more people will embrace protest and go to jail. The last mistake Buhari and his handlers don’t want to make is to create an atmosphere where being jailed by government for protest is seen as a badge of honor.

Allow 2Face Idibia to lead his protest. Deploy police, fire service, and medical team to ensure order and safety of the protesters. Buhari government not only must allow the protest to hold, it has an obligation to ensure the safety of the protesters. Nnamdi Kanu is enough headache for the government as it is, adding 2Face Idibia is a....

Credit: http://ikengachronicles.com/protest-buhari-in-face-to-face-with-2face/

Re: PROTEST: Buhari In Face To Face With 2face by fistonati(m): 8:14pm On Feb 02, 2017
Almost all what fela anikulapo kuti said years back as songs(prophecies) are all happening to Nigeria just as if he is Still alive.

If the youth's did not rise up to the challenges, then we will never get it right.

Whoever against the peaceful protest is against democracy and our national development.

Voting for change is not enough but ensuring the sustenance of the change is the most important but difficult and ensuring that sustenance is by putting pressure on government and it's agencies which is by voicing out as it is everywhere.

We can't continue to be suffering and smiling
Enough is enough
I stand with tubaba

(1) (Reply)

Bokoharam Attacks Thursday Night / Emulate Buhari’s Doggedness, Aisha Buhari Urges Nigerians / A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.