Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,880 members, 7,838,151 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Another Bad Year For Investors On NSE. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Another Bad Year For Investors On NSE. (329 Views)

Greedy And Fake Investors On Nairaland / Airtel Africa Lists On NSE With N1.36trn / Investdata Market Updates For Investors And Traders Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Another Bad Year For Investors On NSE. by kelvee(m): 6:18am On Jan 23, 2017
It is sad that in 2017, one has to repeat the same warnings to those with investments on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, NSE. For three or four years in a row, it has been in steady decline. Yet some people still place their funds in it or leave them there. Last year, investors lost over N1 trillion on the aggregate. They are set to lose more in 2017. but first read a previous warning. Then we meet again next week. ARE YOU LOSING MONEY ON THE NSE? YOU DESERVE IT. “The really awful days aren’t when I think I can’t write. They are when I wonder whether any writing is worthwhile at all.” F Scott Fitzgerald, 1896-1940. Millions of Nigerians are, once again losing billions of naira on the Nigerian Stock Exchange. In the last three weeks alone, about ten per cent of the value in January had been lost and more losses are on the way. It is on occasions such as this when I wonder if writing for Nigerians is not a bloody waste of time. File photo: The floor of Stock exchange A warning is issued each time the Stock Exchange is about to experience its periodical hiccups, or a banking crisis is around the corner. And My Fellow Countrymen ignore it – until they lose trillions. The same is happening now. So permit me to remind our readers about what was published in October 2013 concerning the current turbulence on the NSE. In November 2013, I went to each of my Stockbrokers and asked them to sell large quantities of securities. If I had waited till today, I would have lost a lot of money. They were shares I bought when the market was depressed in 2009.

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/01/another-bad-year-investors-nse/

(1) (Reply)

Which Section Of Nairaland Hits Front Page More Easily Than Others? / Financial Assistance? Lowest Interest Rate Ever!!! / Global Telecommunication Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.