Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors (1921 Views)

Court Stops Diezani From Leaving UK Till Next April / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Ekweremadu,34 Other Senators Who May Not Return In 2015 [see List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Kobojunkie: 2:16pm On Dec 01, 2009
princekevo:

What happened to an impeachment by the National assembly under section 143 of our Constitution? Yarasick failure and refusal to temporarily relinquish power to his vice nor voluntarily resigning from office, constitute a serious breach of the oath of office of the president. Every privates and Tom in Nigeria knows our president is seriously sick to death and refusing to voluntarily resign, this is not at the best interest of Nigerians. I think the National Assembly have a constitutional right and owe us a constitutional obligation to commence an impeachment proceedings against the president.

Exactly!!!  I can, to a point, stand someone like Bankole( he is a registered failure in my opinion) NOT stepping up to the plate to do what he ought to, in light of what the constitution says about all that has taken place in just this year alone with this administration( I have no vote of confidence in that man, and so expect nothing meaningful from him in all this), but someone like the VP out to be out there campaigning for the constitution to be respected in this if he REALLY sees anything wrong in how the country has been run for the past 2.5 years.

princekevo:

Sadly again ,we have a national Assembly that is not representing us, but themselves, their pockets, and families.
Stupid and yeye country!! sad sad sad

Goodluck Jonathan!!! Please can you wake up from your slumber for once and start making a move? when shall you stop being a political robot for Yaradull and his aides

NO Need!! I think we have given him TOO MUCH TIME to do just exactly that. I mean how much more do we have to give the VP, Jonathan? 4 more years to wake up from his Slumber; 4 more years to grow a conscience and a heart of flesh? It is obvious at this time that the man is a certified political robot and no good for the future of this country. A Jonathan presidency should be out of the question. If we are going to call for Yar adua’s removal, while we are at it, we might as well call for Jonathan to pack his bags as well.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by asha80(m): 2:18pm On Dec 01, 2009
Southern nigerians are probably the dumbest set of people you can encounter in the world when it comes to their right.They think everything starts and ends with speaking grammer or displaying ego.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by komekn(m): 3:41pm On Dec 01, 2009
Nex,
Theory and practice have always had a gulf, the theory of representation in democracy is that your representative will represent you, in practice he will represent the party line, any deviation and he will be a back bencher for life (UK parliamentary system). Comparatively, the same principle applies to the Presidential system, however, what all of these systems bow to using the UK and the US as benchmarks is public opinion. Now this is the problem with Nigeria, public opinion counts for almost nothing therefore it means nothing, unfortunately.

JC will be president (IF THE SITUATION ARISES) and he will, grow liver and heart by force as he rides on the back of a lion. The south south will dictate the agenda to him and not the Northern cabal, this is what they fear ,the loss of power and the dismantling of their power base.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by muhsin(m): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2009
I kinda start getting irritated with all these craps about the president 'Yar Adua.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by mrofficial(m): 4:04pm On Dec 01, 2009
bjmighty:

Good luck is nothing but a BAD LUCK! angry angry angry angry

Thank you. He's nothing but the antonym of his name.

And now Federal government ask us to pray for Yar'adua.

Until they kill him, that's when they will do somfin.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by bjmighty(m): 5:13pm On Dec 01, 2009
mr.official:

Thank you. He's nothing but the antonym of his name.

And now Federal government ask us to pray for Yar'adua.

Until they kill him, that's when they will do somfin.

Pray for a man that has refused to pray for himself? Abeg, make hin commot for road jare, after all no be him go be the first presido to die for aso rock. Either he lives or pai, Nigeria will remain. I hate the fool he sucks. I hate that figure head Good luck the most, he is a BAD LUCK to the Niger Delta people. He does not have the power to appoint a cleaner in aso rock. Yar'dua and Good luck are full of foolish-dity! grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by debosky(m): 5:28pm On Dec 01, 2009
An executive council with members who largely owe their new found prosperity to Yar'adua's appointment will NOT remove him from office, because they are, by extension, removing themselves from positions of wealth and privilege. This is the stark reality of the matter. That requirement is one of the most vexatious in the so called constitution.

When 'elected' representatives have failed to be objective and act in the nation's interest, how can such a delicate task be designated to people whose loyalty is clearly to the president is unbelievable.

Furthermore, there would need to be tacit support from the National Assembly AFTER the decision of the council in order to set up the independent medical committee to determine whether the president was indeed unfit for office - will they do that? Your guess is as good as mine.

Unfortunately, it is not in the interest of the legislature to impeach him either - they currently have a 'say' in the affairs and can virtually do as they wish since the presidency is weak. This is unlike OBJ's time when he was clearly engaged in undermining the legislature and keeping them guessing while he executed his own agenda. They are so 'powerful' now that each house succeeded in forcing a lame duck president to bow to their whims and present the appropriation bill to them separately.

In addition, the constitution doesn't require him to be removed simply due to temporary ill health - clause 2 states

Where the medical panel certifies in the report that in its opinion the President or Vice-President is suffering from such infirmity of body or mind as renders him permanently incapable of discharging the functions of his office, a notice thereof signed by the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives shall be published in the Official Gazette of the Government of the Federation.

In essence, he must be permanently incapable - your guess is as good as mine regarding whether that can be established in this case.

My view is that the political class must sort this out - the most intractable political issues in Nigeria have been sorted out, not by legislation or following 'the constitution' as such, but by agreements and pacts outside of official lines of communication. I believe that will be the way this gets resolved, IF it gets resolved.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by bjmighty(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2009
Nice One!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jim Ovia, N IRABOR are From Agbor but Sunny IRABOR from Benin / Reps Insincere On Planned Amendment To The EFCC Act / Naija Scammers Live On Youtube

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.