Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,838 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:47 PM

Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors (1918 Views)

Court Stops Diezani From Leaving UK Till Next April / Jonathan Visits Late Yar’Adua’s Family & Emir Of Katsina During Rally (Photos) / Ekweremadu,34 Other Senators Who May Not Return In 2015 [see List] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Depilot(m): 4:37am On Nov 29, 2009
http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.sunnewsonline.com/"

Yaradua needs to have enough time to recover from his condition. Depending on how the illness progresses, then the issue of continuing in office, which is bound to generate political heat, will have to be confronted. But for now he needs to recover his health back, both the renal function, cardiac function and the causative factor that might have led to the pericarditis have to be dealt with. From there, after the assessment then the issue of continuing in office can be debated. But knowing what this country is, it is likely to generate a lot of sensitive political maneuverings and I don’t think that we are ready for that now. The nation is not ready for such now. At least there is a government on ground, let us keep managing the way we have been. After all the man has not been very active all these past months due to his clinical condition that has been clouded with a kind of mist till now that the chicken is coming home to roost.”
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Kobojunkie: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2009
WOW!!!

@Depilot, this is your reaction to news that your president will probably not return to the duty for another month??

Do you have any clue what your rights as a Nigerian or even a Human being are?

Do you realize that even your constitution calls for him to hand over power to his deputy whenever he is off for a period of time on Vacation of any sort? Do you know that many of these trips of his can be considered unconstitutional in some way?
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by komekn(m): 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2009
In a presidential system that we purport to operate if the president is indisposed to the point that he cannot carry out his normal duties, he must step down for his deputy for all intents and purposes right now Jonathan Goodluck is the president by strict definition.

However, there is a always a gap between practice and theory and in Nigeria that gap is like a wide open sea.

Kobojunkie, the reality is for Jonathan to step in but i suspect say, "He no get the Liver"
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Depilot(m): 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2009
@Depilot, this is your reaction to news that your president will probably not return to the duty for another month??

Do you have any clue what your rights as a Nigerian or even a Human being are?

Where is my reaction?
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Kobojunkie: 4:53pm On Nov 29, 2009
@Depilot, you forgot you started this thread here with your comment above?
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Kobojunkie: 4:55pm On Nov 29, 2009
komekn:

In a presidential system that we purport to operate if the president is indisposed to the point that he cannot carry out his normal duties, he must step down for his deputy for all intents and purposes right now Jonathan Goodluck is the president by strict definition.

However, there is a always a gap between practice and theory and in Nigeria that gap is like a wide open sea.

Kobojunkie, the reality is for Jonathan to step in but i suspect say, "He no get the Liver"

Exactly!!! That makes up about 99.9% of the Nigerian problem. We have theories that could potentially work out in our good if ONLY WE PRACTICED some of them. Yar adua is able to step out of the country on vacation, after vacation, and the house has yet to determine if it is not time now to call for his removal from office We, the Nigerian people, have not even had enough to demand this from our reps? LACK OF PRACTICE that is what all this is about.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by debosky(m): 5:02pm On Nov 29, 2009
I am surprised - Jonathan has no liver? It's not about liver - he knows that he is tehre only as a pawn to fill in the gaps and assuage ND sentiments. He will not even get a shot at the presidency whenever Yar'adua dies or leaves office.

The question here is, does Yar'adua feel he is incapable of running government? If the answer is no, then there will be a need to establish whether being absent from Nigeria for x number of months constitutes not being able of fulfilling his role.

The lawyers amongst us must institute a case at the Supreme Court to determine what exactly constitutes being unable to hold office due to ill health.

But then again, Nigerians being 'spiritual' are praying for him to get well, not considering what is happening as the country is slipping backwards and wasting time.  sad
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Nchara: 5:05pm On Nov 29, 2009
Kobojunkie,

If both Yaradua and Jonathan goes, whom do you consider suitable? Is it Mark - who by right should step in- who is even more corrupt and useless?
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Kobojunkie: 5:20pm On Nov 29, 2009
Nchara:

Kobojunkie,

If both Yaradua and Jonathan goes, whom do you consider suitable? Is it Mark - who by right should step in- who is even more corrupt and useless?

In my opinion this administration (Yar adua, AND his BRICK boy, Jonathan) has failed the Nigerian people, WOEFULLY I might add. I am not really concerned who deciding who comes next now. I am more for us putting this all behind us and moving forward with potentially better candidates that could actually work for the people.

If you had a bad employee, would you out of fear of who might replace him not fire the unproductive person? If Mark David is to sit there for 3 months and then we have an election to potentially get something better, why not?

I understand the vice takes the seat when the President steps down, but I am not for just the president stepping down in this case. If possible, I believe the president and his vice ought to be called to step down as they have both shown that they are incapable of running this country.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by KnowAll(m): 5:31pm On Nov 29, 2009
By not formalling handing over to Jonathan, any other miscreants, wives and concubines can carry out official duties whilest claiming to representative of Yardua. What we now have is the exploitation of a name in other to fast forward some individuals personal agendas and aggarandizment, the name of Yardua is only use  as a refrence point to open doors.

The Irony is that the said Yardua might be in a coma or better still,  under intesive care, alive only by the aid of machines unaware of the shinanigans happening around him even in the hospital ward.  
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by nex(m): 5:33pm On Nov 29, 2009
If Nigerians feel they want the Vice President to take over from the President, all they need to do is call on their Representatives and Senators who would then demand the medical reports of the President and vote on whether he can carry on or not. But trust the 150 million Nigerians, they don't know how to approach the officials they have elected to manage their government. They can't even be bold enough to allow the people they employed with their votes to be aware of their concerns. In fact, let's be more blunt, "the 150 millions electorate dey fear their elected officials".

So please, somebody tell me, whose fault is that? Jonathan? Yar'Adua? Mark? Obasanjo?
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Jaybee2412(m): 5:34pm On Nov 29, 2009
who is in charge of Nigeria now?
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by tunnytox(m): 6:24pm On Nov 29, 2009
Depilot:

http://www.ngex.com/cgi-bin/frame/frameit2.plx?link="http://www.sunnewsonline.com/"

Yaradua needs to have enough time to recover from his condition. Depending on how the illness progresses, then the issue of continuing in office, which is bound to generate political heat, will have to be confronted. But for now he needs to recover his health back, both the renal function, cardiac function and the causative factor that might have led to the pericarditis have to be dealt with. From there, after the assessment then the issue of continuing in office can be debated. But knowing what this country is, it is likely to generate a lot of sensitive political maneuverings and I don’t think that we are ready for that now. The nation is not ready for such now. At least there is a government on ground, let us keep managing the way we have been. After all the man has not been very active all these past months due to his clinical condition that has been clouded with a kind of mist till now that the chicken is coming home to roost.”

typical Nigerian way of thinking, e go better today e go better tommorow continue to manage, all i know is that government business is a serious business that require a leader very sound physically and mentally
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by ozalogbo: 6:47pm On Nov 29, 2009
Ideally, the Vice President 'takes over' in the 'absence' of the president. We can only pray that the president gets well and finishes his first tenure. The implications of his 'absence' are complex. It is about the interest of Nigeria
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by nex(m): 6:52pm On Nov 29, 2009
@Jaybee2412

Goodluck Jonathan.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by OAM4J: 8:11pm On Nov 29, 2009
In times like this, i miss Gani more!!! Had he been alive, am sure there would have been a case in d court to solve some of these mess we are in.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by otokx(m): 8:41pm On Nov 29, 2009
Very interesting
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by komekn(m): 9:32pm On Nov 29, 2009
Ozalogbo, tell me about his present continuous impact and delivery outcomes, the implication for his continued absence (interest of Nigeria) what interest

As it stands nothing is happening in terms of the reasonable delivery expectations of governance, so if he is continuously absent the status quo remains “nuttin deh happen”

Debosky and Nex, the onus lies in the VP to exercise his constitutional right as in the prerogative of the office of VP (section 144 N.C.), if he has integrity, but then if he is self seeking, he will be seeking a big payout and step down. It’s not for the Nigerian electorate to teach legislators the purpose of their elected office, i.e. uphold the constitution, not your pocket.

It still comes down to Liver, Jonathan simply no get.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Rukkayat(f): 9:47pm On Nov 29, 2009
evrybodi see our country, upon d well we have already entered , we still have more wahala coming our way, dis politics tin will now start to cause killing, wat can we do? but pray 2 God
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by mesings: 11:28am On Nov 30, 2009
Depilot:

No be only to manage ekwensu!!!!!!
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by chisomquee: 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2009
@nex
Do you mean elected officials or imposed officials.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by bjmighty(m): 1:53am On Dec 01, 2009
Good Luck Jonathan is a Bad Luck to the Niger Delta people. He is just sitting in aso rock like a zombie, he no get any liver at all like a Niger Deltan. His last biggest official duty was the U17 world cup in Abuja. He does not even have the power to appoint a cleaner or driver in aso rock. That guy is a dummy!! grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Kobojunkie: 6:37am On Dec 01, 2009
bjmighty:

Good Luck Jonathan is a Bad Luck to the Niger Delta people. He is just sitting in aso rock like a zombie, he no get any liver at all like a Niger Deltan. His last biggest official duty was the U17 world cup in Abuja. He does not even have the power to appoint a cleaner or driver in aso rock. That guy is a dummy!! grin grin grin grin grin grin

I sort of agree, and that is why I think the Ijaws are best sticking to the "Obasanjo installed him" fable when it comes to Jonathan because all I have seen in the last 2 and half years is a BRICK. If he is really alive, then why has he yet to shut down his boss or something? I mentioned somewhere that even Atiku, was more outspoken and we all knew where he stood on his superior's actions. This one just sitdown like say IT IS NOT HIS BUSINESS AT ALL. I mean come on!!!

What will he tell us is his reason for not saying something or even TRYING at least (even if he gets put his place each time)? Would he say “because he was not installed as PRESIDENT, he did not see reason for him to even move a muscle, seeing the state in which the one that sat on the head seat put the nation in?” Would we hear something like “If you make me president THEN I will do something, otherwise, I will do nothing for you” ? TUFIA !!! roflmao!!
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Beaf: 6:48am On Dec 01, 2009
Kobojunkie:

I sort of agree, and that is why I think the Ijaws are best sticking to the "Obasanjo installed him" fable when it comes to Jonathan because all I have seen in the last 2 and half years is a BRICK. If he is really alive, then why has he yet to shut down his boss or something? I mentioned somewhere that even Atiku, was more outspoken and we all knew where he stood on his superior's actions. This one just sitdown like say IT IS NOT HIS BUSINESS AT ALL. I mean come on!!!

What will he tell us is his reason for not saying something or even TRYING at least (even if he gets put his place each time)? Would he say “because he was not installed as PRESIDENT, he did not see reason for him to even move a muscle, seeing the state in which the one that sat on the head seat put the nation in?” Would we hear something like “If you make me president THEN I will do something, otherwise, I will do nothing for you” ? TUFIA !!! roflmao!!

Infantile.

No amount of hyperventilation will change the constituition or make anyone commit criminal acts by foolishly "shutting down his boss or something".
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Nobody: 6:51am On Dec 01, 2009
when he was well, Nigerians complained

when he was sick, Nigerians complained.

whatever.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Kobojunkie: 6:53am On Dec 01, 2009
Beaf:

Infantile.

No amount of hyperventilation will change the constituition or make anyone commit criminal acts by foolishly "shutting down his boss or something".

So, it has yet to occur to you, by now, that your continued attempt to denigrade me for having a view contrary to yours, rather than actually attacking the points made, is what is infantile at best?

Keep trying to make up some meaningful excuse for Jonathan's incompetence as a VP! When you get a real one, I will let you know!  Till then, more palmoil to aid you in your quest grin

Dumbo!!!
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by nex(m): 7:50am On Dec 01, 2009
@Komekn

the electorate has the duty to always instruct their Senators and Representatives on the stance to take and the decision to make in the Parliament.

There is no decision that should be single-handedly made by any Senator or Representative, that is why when a new issue comes up, there's always room for adjournment so that those Parliamentarians who have not been duly instructed on such a matter can then be advised by the Senatorial District or Constituency.

During the third term debate, if you had watch and seen the speeches by Wabara and Saraki, you will understand that no individual has any rights to declare personal judgement in the Parliament.

Sometimes, I believe it is because we have left our Senators and Representatives that they choose to do whatever they wish in Abuja. You cannot abandon the workers you employ and expect them to perform you heart desire which remains in your heart.

@chisomquee

did you vote? How can you claim that the people who voted have imposed their elected on you? If you're trying to insinuate rigging, then we've seen some other constituents who recalled their elected and reelected Representatives and Senators under more scrutinized elections. Why not your constituency? Please you people should let me hear word with these old gist of imposition and selection.

Generally, any confusion in this succession or non-succession thing is originally a PDP issue, so why do all these other opposition parties and their members from the North decry this? They have joined in now. Why won't Buhari and the ANPP come out and pronounce their support for justice and the succession of Yar'Adua by Jonathan. Because it is now a tribal matter, they're all mum.

Nigerian are waiting for Jehovah himself to step down from Heaven and lead Jonathan by the hand to the Office of the President as if we're still in the Old Testament. Una go wait die.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Beaf: 8:08am On Dec 01, 2009
Kobojunkie:

So, it has yet to occur to you, by now, that your continued attempt to denigrade me for having a view contrary to yours, rather than actually attacking the points made, is what is infantile at best?
. . .

You have made no points apart from quack loudly like you're going to burst into flames.

All I have done is point out the foolishness in supporting criminal acts against the constituition and encouraging a belief that is right for Goodluck Jonathan to  commit a criminal act by foolishly "shutting down his boss or something". Are you inciting a violent act?
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by princekevo(m): 9:15am On Dec 01, 2009
sad sad sad sad sad What can we say in a country where we have a dumb and cluesless vice who doesn't know his constitutional rights and duties. A vice who walks sheepishly with the president. I don't know if  he needs people spell what his right and duties are. Do he need anyone to come tell him the right thing he is supposed to do before he could stood up to them?

I might not be a lawyer , but i know there is something called Voluntary relinquishment of power, under section 145 of 1999 Constitution. This gave a provision for the president to remove himself voluntarily from office temporarily, when he is unable to continue the discharge of the functions of the office.
For 3 times now in more than 2 years Yaradul took over office is now confirmed that he has travelled to Saudi  for his health problems. These times nothing like this provision came into play, instead he place his aides, wife to discharge his duties and our dear vice Jonathan did nothing to challenge this either. I still doubt if this man is a true son of ND.
What happened to Voluntary resignation and letting section 146 come into play?

I also think there is something like 2/3 majority by the federal executive council in (section 144). we know that this section created a provision to remove our incapacitated sick president from office who will not willingly step down despite his life threatening medical certifications. But even the so called members of our federal executives council just like their master Yaradull has no national interest at heart. It has never occurred to them that the interest and future of 150million Nigerians is on jeopardy. They put their own personal interest by refusing to invoke this provision made by the Constitution in a time like this.
These are the same people that swore to us an oath to discharge their duties to the best of their ability and to defend the Constitution to the best of their respective ability, not allowing their personal interest influence their official conduct and decisions.

What happened to an impeachment by the National assembly under section 143 of our Constitution? Yarasick failure and refusal to temporarily relinquish power to his vice nor voluntarily resigning from office, constitute a serious breach of the oath of office of the president. Every Dick and Tom in Nigeria knows our president is seriously sick to death and refusing to voluntarily resign, this is not at the best interest of Nigerians. I think the National Assembly have a constitutional right and owe us a constitutional obligation to commence an impeachment proceedings against the president.
Sadly again ,we have a national Assembly that is not representing us, but themselves, their pockets, and families.
Stupid and yeye country!! sad sad sad

Goodluck Jonathan!!! Please can you wake up from your slumber for once and start making a move? when shall you stop being a political robot for Yaradull and his aides
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by wiseguy(m): 10:35am On Dec 01, 2009
Jonathan does not need anybody to hand over to him. If that is what he expects then he is even a mature slowpoke than i thought.
The constitution is very clear. In the absence of the President, the vice acts as president. handover or no handover. And right now, the president is not only absent from the country, he is absent from his constitutional duties.
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by bjmighty(m): 11:14am On Dec 01, 2009
Good luck is nothing but a BAD LUCK! angry angry angry angry
Re: Yar’adua May Not Return Till Next Year — Doctors by Kobojunkie: 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2009
wiseguy:

Jonathan does not need anybody to hand over to him. If that is what he expects then he is even a mature slowpoke than i thought.
The constitution is very clear. In the absence of the President, the vice acts as president. handover or no handover. And right now, the president is not only absent from the country, he is absent from his constitutional duties.

One would think that ought to be understood!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Hausa And Igbo Work Very Well Together / Nigeria Senator Sani Ahmad Yarima, I Have Not Broken Any Law. / BokoHaram Top Secret Publication "It Is Time To Blast The Infildels" (PIC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.