Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,013 members, 7,817,986 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? (2075 Views)

But What Do Ibos Really Want? / Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos / To: OnlyNONtruth, Ded1: Why Do Ibos Have A Death Wish? Thanatos? Answers Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 6:49am On Nov 29, 2009
ok @ the amaka i'm guessing youre ibo, actually not guessing, im sure of it cus u seem to be really pissed that i posted such a topic. and Nchara u also remind me of that dummy in cali
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:50am On Nov 29, 2009
all i see is hot gas
no one is pissed, if youve been on NL long enough (which you havent) youll get tired of topics like this.
i bet if you type in the search engine 50 if not more topics will come up just like this one
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by Beaf: 7:27am On Nov 29, 2009
brooklyn99:

@ the amaka u remind me of this benin idiot i met in Cali a while back. i was there with my boys from england one was full ibo through his parents(had visited nigeria,probably,only twice in his life, the other was of jamaican ancestry; never been anywhere near africa in his life http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4512203.stm). how is it this morose benin man, like a thousand yrs old, would go spreading rumors that they were both Nigerians and that they were'nt really british and that they had nigerian accents.fools!!!!just when a person tries to be nice and not impose or "feel" better, Nigerians take u for a dummy. i notice that the only group yall respect is those that talk down on u and treat u like crap.

So you, a fuc.king hispanic think you can come here and say Africans are pieces of sh.it?
Have you sorted the reason why your parents, brothers, sisters , aunties and uncles are all high on coke and gunning each other down over drugs? You are probably too drugged up to fit into society.

Ungrateful bastard that was picked from the gutter by a Nigerian step dad.

Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 8:16am On Nov 29, 2009
@Beaf, ive been waiting for ur ugly ass and been wondering to myself "where the hell is that manliness face that i fantasize so much about blowing a load in his face". u piece of shi.t, why the hell are you twisting my words. did i come out specifically to call nigerians pieces of shit or did i pick the offending individual out. freakn homo internet ninja, did i generalize?did i insult the whole population. u know what, i wont even descend to ur level U PIECE OF SH.IT!!!!
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by SEFAGO(m): 8:23am On Nov 29, 2009
where the hell is that manliness face that[b] i fantasize [/b]so much about blowing a load in his face

Kai shocked shocked shocked
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by donjon: 9:27am On Nov 29, 2009
@poster,
sorry! U can always jump off a clif
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by hoodboy(m): 12:07pm On Nov 29, 2009
brooklyn99:

@Beaf, ive been waiting for your ugly ass and been wondering to myself "where the hell is that manliness face that i fantasize so much about blowing a load in his face". u piece of shi.t, why the hell are you twisting my words. did i come out specifically to call nigerians pieces of shit or did i pick the offending individual out. freakn homo internet ninja, did i generalize?did i insult the whole population. u know what, i wont even descend to your level U PIECE OF SH.IT!!!!

Guy you must think from your ass, you just make some stupid remark about a whole tribe and you say you did not generalize
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by olafolarin(m): 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2009
Can we go back to the topic and stop all these personal attacks.KIDS!!!!!!!!

Personally, the tensioon between ibos and Yorubas is something i never noticed at home.I lived in lagos and i know that Ibos in Lagos have controlled disdain(when aT ALL) for yorubas.In the privacy of their living rooms,they might express their anger or hatred but it is not shown outside.In general,Yorubas have been great accommodaters of the IBOS.

Historically,The Ibos believe the ill-concieved civil war was lost because of the yorubas.The continous marginalisation of the Ibo nation is also blamed on the yorubas.

But antecedents has shown and proofed otherwise.

The south-west was against the move for seccession being agitated by Ojukwu.SW leaders at the time felt Nigeria (despite its diversty)should remain one.
Ojukwu and his co-horts felt otherwise and wanted unfailingly to be alone.This automatically pitches the yorubas with Hausas against  the seccession agitators(SE).Hence the civil war.
It is still a Yoruba man who was highly instrumental in ending the war they it did.
But afterwar development of the Ibo nation was mainly scuttled and hijacked by the Ibo leadership.The Federal Govt's ineptitude or lack of commitment to SE's economic independence also helped in wrecking the Ibo economy.
But years after the civil war,ZIK was the leader of the whole country and had opportutnity to at least develop his area but he didnt do that with utmost conviction and agility compared to what AWolowo did to SW when he was Premier of the SW.

There is one more reason the Ibos should be appreciatrive of the Yorubas:
Every Ibo indigene should should compare Yoruba friendliness to the Ibos compared to Hausas hostilities.There is constant attack and violence on Ibos in the Northern part of the country compared to the complete peace and tranquility,commercial bouyancy and economic independence enjoyed by the same Ibos in SW.Ibos feel at home in lagos and even have a high chief and tradistional ruler in Lagos.Traditrional marriages,August meeting,etc is now being held in Lagos.Is it the same in the conservative North?

I sincerely dont want to picture a situation where the Yorubas will send all Ibos in their land packing.It will be population and economic tsunami for the Ibo nation.Much morse than what happened before and after the civil war.

Disdain for each other will never bring good results.We now have inter-tribal marriages,appointments etc.It is unfortunate the civil war happened but we should grow above tribal sentiments and move to a more harnessing platform.

With my comments,i expect so much peeps and slaps but truth remains the truth.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by bilymuse: 1:02pm On Nov 29, 2009
Yoruba are tribalist, just like their distant Ibo (Jewish!) cousin and their Hausa (Arab) relative.

The 3 major Nigeria tribes dont like each other. Hausa shows their hatred by killing; using religion as a facade. Igbo people use naked armed robbery, selling fake drugs products, and maliciously dominating the economy of the other tribes using mafia style racketerring, blackmail and criminal conspiracy. They see it as a revenge for what they suffered in the civil war. Yoruba on the other hand are more diplomatic and insidious, they pinch you and blow some cool air to ease the pain. Its a jungle among the tribes: dog eat dog.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by otokx(m): 1:26pm On Nov 29, 2009
One thing some of us don't like is the reality of facts. The typical Yoruba man is loud and very cunning; we in the niger delta have observed how they have flooded all the oil companies with their fellow Yoruba's. The Ibos woke up a little late but have none the less joined in this nepotistic behaviour. Ibos don't generally dislike the person of the Yoruba, they hate some of the evil that seems to stick like glue.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 1:31pm On Nov 29, 2009
@ hood boy u say i disparaged a whole tribe (clearly in ur stupid boneheaded refusal to read deeper, u ignored the fact that i asked a question as the start of this thread), but then u use beaf's quote. show where i dissed the ibos u lying son of a gorilla. yall need to start being real with the truth, come to grips with it.nigerian jews. cant even see the truth when it sits on ur face, sticks its balls in ur mouth and farts on ur forehead. anyone that seeks the truth is an enemy. anyone that asks a question regarding your clear hatred is the bad  guy. i look at it from the point of a neutral observer. i look at it from the eyes of my dad's friends and what i used to hear them say. i look at it from the eyes of my friends of either tribe that i grew up with here here in New York. lemme tell u something, growing up, and even till now, i recall my yoruba friends usually be on some talking mad shit about the ibos.but guess what, its usually done in jest and when the ibos are around; u know just straight clowning them. all in good fun. the ibos on the other hand NEVER say nothing about the yorubas in their presence (neither the young'ns nor the adults), but wait till theres no yoruba around before they start spewing mad venom. not jocularly either, the talk always goes back to some ancient history. u know what that tells me?sneaky!!!divisive!!! hate!!! one looks at the other as "that brother" i can make fun of (probably thinking to hisself "no harm done, im just teasing him, he'll understand"wink, while the other looks at him and in his mind thinks "damn, i wish i could just murk this fool right now". thats hatred right there. ive asked around, ive read blogs and ive read books and ive even seen that most of what the ibos blame the yorubas for is unfounded (im not saying there arent elements that dont/wont hate the ibos for no reason among the yorubas.clearly, tribalists, bigots and their cohorts abound in every facet of life.im just saying my observation, both on NL and in life is that its more prevalent among the ibos towards the yorubas.) see the frederick foresyth documentary about the civil war on on youtube and tell me most of their blames against another as the reason why they lost aint just crap. i spoke to my ibo friend that just moved to Canada a few weeks ago about it last night(and while i'll grant that he's not a bigot) u'll see clearly that the suspicion exists. but for what, and why?

@beaf , remember stupid, im the neutral observer here!!!
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 29, 2009
brooklyn99, whatsup son??

Just a quickie,  . .
Whats the relationship between you and your stepfather like??
Do you get along??
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 1:56pm On Nov 29, 2009
@otokx thanx for validating my point about yalls bigotry. notice, that each ibo that responds to my question continually exhibits it?!!!?? "the average yoruba man is loud and cunning" "he floods his people into government". i dont know ur definition of loud or ur definition of average, what i do know is that THE AVERAGE NIGERIAN IS LOUD AS HELL AND CUNNING AS A FOX!!!! so, dont you think thats more about who u guys are than what a certain "part" of u guys are?
@billymuse,u clearly are right that they view each other with suspicion and that they all hate each other. u just might as well be right that the yorubas are more diplomatic, hence they "hide" their "hatred properly. who knows? im just going on what i SEE .

@OLAFOLARIN u hit the nail on the head. yeah, what i saw all these years was "controlled disdain" for the yorubas. and  ure right about them not showing it on the outside, but in the living rooms. pheewww!!!

read up and down NL,other nigerian blogs, and a place i also just got hipped to a few days ago (saharareport), once a crime is  reported the ibos are quick to claim "victory" by stating that it was a yoruba that committed the crime, forgetting that when others look at the criminal they see "a NIGERIAN", not a certain tribe member. to show u how, bigoted i found out the are, most of the drug (and even fraud arrests) i see in the papers (free local new york/new jersey), or on the internet are ibo names!!!! i believe to a freakn large extent i recognize an ibo name when i see one. but, i dont see the yorubas gloat when an ibo gets arrested. a friend even showed me that most of the drug smugglers busted at the airport in nigeria are ibos, most of the drug dealers facing death sentences in far off asian countries are ibos, u dont see the yorubas thumping their chest about that.
   now, scour the internet, a creditcard ring was busted apparently comprising of mainly yorubas; read the comments and u'll see that the ibos were quick to gleefully  point out that the culprits were yorubas; like the average american cares what tribe the criminal was.pshhh
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 2:01pm On Nov 29, 2009
@omo ibo the relationship between us is cool. he's my dad, what can i say? of course, grown up i had my times rebelling but he's been there for me all my life. he doesnt treat me any different than he'll treat his own son. lol. no im not asking this maybe cus i "hate"him.no, not at all. on the contrary im asking cus its something i always noticed. my dad's been here since he was 18, i think, so he's very open minded he's in his 60s now (the old fart.lol). he's the most reasonable person u can ever have a conversation with
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2009
@ how loud the average Nigerian is, check it, being around them so much i picked up the habit of yelling into the phone whenever im on it.lol. my friends thnk im half deaf of something.lol wink
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by Nchara: 4:49pm On Nov 29, 2009
Is it not clear now that the poster is Yoruba. See how he defends them the way no neutral outside can do. Hahahahah!
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by tunnytox(m): 6:20pm On Nov 29, 2009
anybody can say or type what they like, Yoruba are tribalist blah blah blah, Ibo are tribalists blah blah blah, Hausa are extremists blah blah blah, the question is are you a racists or tribalists? check yourself before accusing others.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 7:07pm On Nov 29, 2009
@nchara r u blind,deaf or just simply retarded and stupid. my comments sound like i'm defending a certain group defending them that what; it helps cali, medellin, bogota, bonaventura,or san andres in anyway? oh, lemme guess, its cus the yorubas are primarily from redhook, east new york, bay ridge, astoria, williamsburg, richmond hill, s.jamaica etc. u slowpoke. i could care less. im only going by wut i seen over the yrs.choke on it!!!!
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by Sunnybobo3(m): 7:11pm On Nov 29, 2009
Poster is a product of a leaking condom and does not deserve a response!
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 7:15pm On Nov 29, 2009
of course i would be the product of a leakn condom once u dont have a valid reason to help me understand that im wrong. i mean take a look at the fineprint underneath ur profile>>> IBO MAN FIRST, BEFORE BEING A NIGERIAN. i rest my case!!!!
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by nex(m): 7:40pm On Nov 29, 2009
I really love the way this thread is going?

Where are those Nairalanders whose only hobby is cussing? They should come in and get cure.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by Abagworo(m): 8:12pm On Nov 29, 2009
being an igbo myself,i will present only my personal view from experiences and direct info from my elders.growing up in a middle class home i never knew about tribalism and self-denial.it was during my youth service that i experienced it for the first time.i served in a south-western state and they refused to give all igbos accomodation.the only igbos that got accomodation needed self-denial.one was from agbor in delta and had to prove that he was not really igbo.the second was from ndele which is in rivers state.my second experience was nddc interview in port-harcourt where i was attacked by some ijaws because i seemed to have done well.they said that i was from imo which is igbo and not niger-delta.being someone that grew up in a mixed environment i can recall that we loved ourselves irrespective of tribes and till this day my friends are mixture of all ethnic groups.my third experience was on nairaland.most of these tribalists are of low life and never inter-married or mingled with other ethnic groups.i sometimes out of anger make some tribalistic remarks but they are usually in self defence.the difference between igbos and yorubas is that igbos know yorubaland more than yorubas know igboland.i travelled with my friend(a yoruba) to aba and he was stunned at the size and population.he told me that he never knew that a town of that size existed in the heart of igboland.he even said that with the population of igbos in the south-west,he thought igboland would be empty.this is just one guys view but it represents the view of many.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by sjeezy8: 8:44pm On Nov 29, 2009
lies lies lies

It doesnt take a genius to know the igbos dont like yorubas.

Im yoruba and i have igbo family in/from umuahia/delta state and its no secret they dont like yoruba people.  Whether yoruba people live in the east or not doesnt make a difference because if you ask ANY person in Nigeria what region is the most hospitable before the war and after the war, THEY WILL tell you the WEST. point blank

Me ohh igbo people are fine to me but CAN be very malicious and tribalistic IN GENERAL just more towards yorubas. They dont have to like yorubas or think they are fine it doesnt really matter. Most yorubas dont care cause they are like me 100 yoruba friends and about 25 igbo ones,mostly igbo babes anyways.  cool
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 8:47pm On Nov 29, 2009
uhm i think you should say
"It doesnt take a genius to know that biafrans dont like yorubas."
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by otokx(m): 8:53pm On Nov 29, 2009
Abagworo raised a lot of serious points. The one that strikes me most is when IBOS in my state being delta say that they are not IBOS. It really gets me worried. Somebody is answering Obioma and she says she is not ibo but from ASABA and i just tire. In all of these lets be conscious that there are still some select few who are not tribalistic or racist.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by rhymz(m): 9:10pm On Nov 29, 2009
Becomrich picture and satelight Psycho,Sjeezy irredeemable tribalist bastard.U re lucky am very busy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nine Years After, Court Orders Supreme Court To Enrol Lawyer / Nigeria - Church Leaders Back Gadaffi / Sanusi, Ohanaeze And Timidity Of Igbo Public Servants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.