Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,989 members, 7,835,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? (2090 Views)

But What Do Ibos Really Want? / Buhari First Tactical Bullet Against The Ibos / To: OnlyNONtruth, Ded1: Why Do Ibos Have A Death Wish? Thanatos? Answers Needed! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 4:39am On Nov 29, 2009
I have come to the conclusion that Ibos are very tribalistic. Although, not all of them are that way, obviously, but I find that in my conversations with Nigerians the ones always quick to spew tribal hatred (mostly unjustified) are the ibos. Since joining NL a few days ago, I've read many posts and noticed that when ever a tribalistic issue is brought up its usually the ibo throwing it against a yoruba. i'm not nigerian, so dont accuse me of being anti-ibo or being yoruba. My (Step)Father raised me for 23 yrs he's Nigerian(ibo), my sisters are Nigerian so relax on the impending insults. I asked my step-dad why it seemed like ibos unjustifiably hate despise the yorubas and he the explanation he gave me was that the ibo's blame their loss of the civil war on the yorubas. I've read a few books on the Nigerian civil war and i think the war was ill-conceived on the part of the ibo leaders at the tme so they have themselves to blame. Understandably, the ibo's "might" have a reason to view the yorubas with suspicion, but should that always amount to the hatred i see them exhibiting from time to time. PLEASE, INSTEAD OF INSULTS, BE HONEST IN YOUR REPLIES as I expect this to be a touchy subject and I know some people might want to insultingly deny the obvious truth!!!!
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by Nchara: 4:43am On Nov 29, 2009
overflogged matter and a fake poster. Not worth discussing over and over again.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 4:44am On Nov 29, 2009
oh really? i just joined a few days ago and have made that observation. so if it's overflogged, i guess there must be some truth to what i stated then.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by Nchara: 4:47am On Nov 29, 2009
You are a Nigerian and a Yoruba so quit the useless pretence. Nobody is buying your obvious lies about not being Nigerian and having an Ibo step father blah blah blah.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 4:51am On Nov 29, 2009
Nchara:

You are a Nigerian and a Yoruba so quit the useless pretence. Nobody is buying your obvious lies about not being Nigerian and having an Ibo step father blah blah blah.
no he is African American or Black American, WAIT! he is Colombian.
dont worry next week he'll be Jamaican.
but yeah its recommended that all new people use the search button, so as not to repeat old topics.
there have probably been at least 50 topics like this before.
but all jokes aside, the search button is a good idea.

ON TOP OF ALL THAT, WRONG SECTION!
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by sjeezy8: 4:57am On Nov 29, 2009
Lol The thing is no one should hate anyone. to tell the truth

When Nigeria asked for independence Awo(who represented yorubas) didnt want to join Nigeria with the northerners but Zik(an igbo) entered the agreement anyway, which basically put Nigeria in the situation its in now.
During that time IGBOS were enjoying Nigeria !!! grin grin
Lol maybe igbos dont like yorubas because they didnt join them in the civil war, but did they join yorubas against the idea of being with the North before independence? NO
They sat enjoyin Zik  and then Ironsi(igbo) as presidents who introduced military regime into Nigerian polity.
The Igbos want to break away Now BUT that shit aint happening.
TOO late now igbos aint going nowhere oil is in their region and North Nigeria wont let it go.

So we are all in Nigeria having a ball!!! grin grin
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by sjeezy8: 5:05am On Nov 29, 2009
The poster is american in another thread he didnt know things a Nigerian would know.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:06am On Nov 29, 2009
the guy said he is Colombian now.
ah ahn.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by becomrich15: 5:16am On Nov 29, 2009
the yorubas do not dislike the igbos really, we get alone very well. apart from location of oil, which if we remove the whole of the south into benin republic. the north would get zero revenue, the solution would have been to remove the igbos alone with the yorubas into benin republic. but that leaves the north with no revenue.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:23am On Nov 29, 2009
becomrich,:

the yorubas do not dislike the igbos really, we get alone very well. apart from location of oil, which if we remove the whole of the south into benin republic. the north would get zero revenue, the solution would have been to remove the igbos alone with the yorubas into benin republic. but that leaves the north with no revenue.

and you say you want to be President?
im outta here.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by becomrich15: 5:31am On Nov 29, 2009
yes amaka, i want to be president. even look at my statement. I could be greed and say we remove the yorubas and igbos into benin republic and leave the north with no revenue. President do not do that. As president , you think what is best for a nation . And how to avoid a civil war . You dont think of your own selfishness and desire for second term over the lifes of the people.

The people of Nigeria comes first. What is best for majority  of the people.

If I am president, I would never discriminate against northerner. God made them northerner. They are human being you know. They want to live and take care of thier children. oil is a gift of God amaka, no man made oil.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:34am On Nov 29, 2009
i forgot, you think you can talk to God, tooo funny!!
grin
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by becomrich15: 5:41am On Nov 29, 2009
Look amaka, seen the satellite pictures, if I was greed, i would call for electoral reform, since we are majority and  impose democracy that would be against  the north. The same way, they impose an unfair system on us  for 40 years. I have not done so in any of my post. I have said, let us be fair. And make the north  majority by removing the yorubas, edo, delta and bayelsa state into benin republic.

That is what President do. They make good decision which is best for the majority. And not impose system that would lead to civil war for thier own selfishness.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by becomrich15: 5:42am On Nov 29, 2009
what is prayer amaka. ? Prayer is talking to God.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 5:44am On Nov 29, 2009
you talk as if you and God just had a conversation.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by becomrich15: 5:46am On Nov 29, 2009
i have no regret, in trying to make the north majority. I stand before God and he see my heart, that I am doing the right thing knowing the history of Nigeria.

I say may God judge me for this.

I have to go, tomorrow is sunday.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by SEFAGO(m): 5:50am On Nov 29, 2009
I have to go, tomorrow is sunday.

What an exit
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by becomrich15: 6:04am On Nov 29, 2009
Look amaka, I have in-law that igbos. My cousin is married to an igbo woman. She has the same last name or surname with me.  I have cousin who are igbo. my cousin is married to an igboman , her lastname or surname is igbo name. I have nephew and niece who are igbo. In-law too who are igbos. So how can I hate igbos. No.
Look my inlaw are igbos.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:16am On Nov 29, 2009
becomrich,:

Look amaka, I have in-law that igbos. My cousin is married to an igbo woman. She has the same last name or surname with me. I have cousin who are igbo. my cousin is married to an igboman , her lastname or surname is igbo name. I have nephew and niece who are igbo. In-law too who are igbos. So how can I hate igbos. No.
Look my inlaw are igbos.
this is so irrelevant!
please i think you need to get some sleep. abeg.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 6:17am On Nov 29, 2009
@ THE AMAKA ur starting to piss me the hell off u ignorant cyber stalking ho. wut the Bleep u want me to say i'm hispanic-african-american with a lil touch of white from my mother's side?oh wait, i also know that we got native in us somewhere and that my great grandfather was St.lucian. ho!!!! maybe, next time i'll just past my effing family tree on here u slowpoke. u piece of shit!!!!my real father is hispanic and black u as.s hole!!! i'll describe myself as colombian or african american depending as i see fit u slut. u get on my fuckn nerves. do u even have a job u crippled u a welfare recipient? or just a dumb slut? why r u always on herewhy the Bleep u always on my nuts u AIDS infested ho. Puta.u neva cease to harrass me with u ignorance. my daughter is Hispanic,African-American,got white in her, Her mom is of Nigerian and Trinidadian ancestry. if she describes herself in the future as colombian or nigerian or trinidadian does that make her a liar u village jumpoff.

@ the fool that said i know things that only nigerians should know thats like the most ignorant statement i've heard in ages, slowpoke. i probably know more about Nigeria than your shallow self does. u malnourished pelican!!!.pendeho.mamaguevo!!! hell, i probably know more about the world than ur ignorant ass does. u think i'm like those fucking morons that would rather say they hispanic instead of saying they black even when they as dark as sammy sosa or even darker than flavor flav??fools, u guys just got on my bleeping nerves
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by sjeezy8: 6:19am On Nov 29, 2009
^^^^ psycho shocked shocked shocked grin cool
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by SEFAGO(m): 6:22am On Nov 29, 2009
God bless America
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:22am On Nov 29, 2009
lmao!! dont have a COW!  cheesy
hahaha
simply state you are mixed and go your way.
youve said your piece, bye bye!
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by sjeezy8: 6:24am On Nov 29, 2009
hes not mixed hes black
just hispanic and a crazy man aswell
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:26am On Nov 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

hes not mixed hes black
just hispanic and a crazy man aswell
lolol
dont mind him, he is new here. he shall soon know his place.
confused ass mofo cool
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by sjeezy8: 6:30am On Nov 29, 2009
lol he called you a village jump off yo dat was funny tho no lie. Crazy ass mofo
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:33am On Nov 29, 2009
i really dont care what he said its like blah blah blah try and say as much as you want and vent your frustrations.
next! cool
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 6:33am On Nov 29, 2009
lol@sjeezy. im not crazy. it just pisses me the Bleep off when i meet ignorance. and its usually the illiterate, low life Nigerians that get on my nerves the most. no matter how u try to be nice to them they always show ignorance. growing up these fcukers had the nerve to say i was trying to "fit in". fit in with who? i was just doing me being comfortable with who i was/ and was with (ie my sisters). these fools just piss me off!!!!
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by Fhemmmy: 6:35am On Nov 29, 2009
I know it will be asking for too much, to advice that we stay away from tribalistic stuff like this, we all one Nigerian, and we need to find a way to stay united, at least, let us have a Mini Nigeria here on nairaland that we would like the main Nigeria to model after.
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 6:37am On Nov 29, 2009
yeah @ the amaka ur nothing but a village jump off. i said it again. ure like the secnd most ignorant person i ever met and ive never even met ur (i'm sure) fat, acne infested, ugly, self. stalking a nigga like no man's biz.arrrggggghhhh
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by THEAMAKA3(f): 6:40am On Nov 29, 2009
brooklyn99:

yeah @ the amaka your nothing but a village jump off. i said it again. ure like the secnd most ignorant person i ever met and ive never even met your (i'm sure) fat, acne infested, ugly, self. stalking a nigga like no man's biz.arrrggggghhhh
"arrrrggghhhh"
do i hear a heart attack?
(sings) "SOMEONE PLEASE CALL 911!"
hahahahaha
"I SAID IT AGAIN" just scream it to the world why dont you. lol
Re: Is It Just Me Or Do Ibos Simply Dislike Yorubas?!? by brooklyn99: 6:47am On Nov 29, 2009
@ the amaka u remind me of this benin idiot i met in Cali a while back. i was there with my boys from england one was full ibo through his parents(had visited nigeria,probably,only twice in his life, the other was of jamaican ancestry; never been anywhere near africa in his life http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/4512203.stm). how is it this morose benin man, like a thousand yrs old, would go spreading rumors that they were both Nigerians and that they were'nt really british and that they had nigerian accents.fools!!!!just when a person tries to be nice and not impose or "feel" better, Nigerians take u for a dummy. i notice that the only group yall respect is those that talk down on u and treat u like crap.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Women Living In London Don’t Care About Nigeria / Obasanjo Farms And Delta State The Marriage! / How Come No White Or Asian Nigerian Is In Politics In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.