Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,724 members, 7,827,634 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 02:34 PM

10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music (47186 Views)

Fans Reacts As Nicki Minaj Retires From Music To Start A Family / DJ Cuppy Plans To Retire From Music, Fans Say No / Davido To Retire From Music At Age 30 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by ijebuloaded(m): 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2017
Because we don't want them to spoil the good memories of them that we have.

Like they say, all good things must come to an end. For some of these artistes, the end has come for a few years.

Because we really like them and we don’t want the good memories we have of them to be tainted, we’ll like to respectfully recommend them for retirement. There’s no shame in that, is there?

1. Sound Sultan

You’ve been a mentor and big brother to many artistes. Your songwriting ability has never been in doubt but the arrangement just no dey gel again. As you probably noticed with the cold reception of your seventh album, it’s time to free the music jare.

2. 2face Idibia

When artistes start changing names, you know there’s not much music to give again. And after all of 2baba‘s achievements, who can blame him? Now that his kids are growing up, maybe now is the time to spend more time with them.

3. 9ice

When 9ice decided to enter politics, he knew what he was doing. Being involved in politics is likely to pay him (pun unintended) more than music. 2019 is around the corner. Now is the time to start campaigning o!

4. Ice Prince

When was the last time Ice had a hit? It’s been a long while. He seems to not to be sure of what to do; rap or pop. But Chocolate City has given him his own label, Super Cool Cats. Time to learn how to recruit new stars.

5. Ruggedman

There was a time when Rugged had rhymes, wit and punchlines. But that was long ago.

Daddy, take time off, go for vacations, tour the world, and focus more on the clothing business. This rap thing is not werking again.

6. D’Prince

To be honest, if it wasn’t for this video Don Jazzy shared on Sunday morning about him going to church with DPrince, most people have completely forgotten about his younger brother.

7. Kayswitch

We are still trying to look for another job description for you sir; since the only biography you had went with Mohits Records.

8. D’banj

At this juncture, it is clear to the Kokomaster that he needs to pay more attention to his agric ventures and forget about music. There’s nothing to prove anymore- he’s not very good at making hits anymore.

9. Banky W

Thank God he knows how to direct now; perhaps it’s time to join Kemi Adetiba, and possibly feature in more movies. If that was good enough for Will Smith who left his somewhat lukewarm music career for Hollywood, then it’s most definitely good for Mr Capable.

10. Ill Bliss

The self acclaimed ‘Oga Boss’ who is only a boss at Capital Hill. Phyno has gone. Chidinma has gone. Even Suspekt has moved on. On behalf of Nigeria new school youths, we award you the permission to retire. Those two Headies plaque were retirement gifts in disguise, just in case you didn’t know.

Source : http://ijebuloaded.com/enews-10-nigerian-artistes-retire-music/

36 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by ReneeNuttall(f): 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
I swear I av even forgotten that, ruggedman, kayswitch, and illbliss still exist. if not for the feud btwn oritse femi and quilox club bouncers,i wouldn't have known that sound sultan still exists

21 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by Donexy16(m): 2:39pm On Jan 23, 2017
11. You, OP... You really need to retire from giving too many fvcks on people's lives.

247 Likes 10 Shares

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by Jimi23(m): 3:40pm On Jan 23, 2017
Calling Ruggedman "Daddy" made me reel out in serious laughter and D'Prince's video description with his brother. Hahahahaha. Op u wicked dieeeeeee!

17 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by WebSurfer(m): 6:38pm On Jan 23, 2017
grin
Donexy16:
11. You, OP... You really need to retire from giving too many fvcks on people's lives.

32 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2017
ijebuloaded:

Like they say, all good things must come to an end. For some of these artistes, the end has come for a few years.

Because we really like them and we don’t want the good memories we have of them to be tainted, we’ll like to respectfully recommend them for retirement. There’s no shame in that, is there?

1. Sound Sultan

You’ve been a mentor and big brother to many artistes. Your songwriting ability has never been in doubt but the arrangement just no dey gel again. As you probably noticed with the cold reception of your seventh album, it’s time to free the music jare.

2. 2face Idibia

When artistes start changing names, you know there’s not much music to give again. And after all of 2baba‘s achievements, who can blame him? Now that his kids are growing up, maybe now is the time to spend more time with them.

3. 9ice

When 9ice decided to enter politics, he knew what he was doing. Being involved in politics is likely to pay him (pun unintended) more than music. 2019 is around the corner. Now is the time to start campaigning o!

4. Ice Prince

When was the last time Ice had a hit? It’s been a long while. He seems to not to be sure of what to do; rap or pop. But Chocolate City has given him his own label, Super Cool Cats. Time to learn how to recruit new stars.

5. Ruggedman

There was a time when Rugged had rhymes, wit and punchlines. But that was long ago.

Daddy, take time off, go for vacations, tour the world, and focus more on the clothing business. This rap thing is not werking again.

6. D’Prince

To be honest, if it wasn’t for this video Don Jazzy shared on Sunday morning about him going to church with DPrince, most people have completely forgotten about his younger brother.

7. Kayswitch

We are still trying to look for another job description for you sir; since the only biography you had went with Mohits Records.

8. D’banj

At this juncture, it is clear to the Kokomaster that he needs to pay more attention to his agric ventures and forget about music. There’s nothing to prove anymore- he’s not very good at making hits anymore.

9. Banky W

Thank God he knows how to direct now; perhaps it’s time to join Kemi Adetiba, and possibly feature in more movies. If that was good enough for Will Smith who left his somewhat lukewarm music career for Hollywood, then it’s most definitely good for Mr Capable.

10. Ill Bliss

The self acclaimed ‘Oga Boss’ who is only a boss at Capital Hill. Phyno has gone. Chidinma has gone. Even Suspekt has moved on. On behalf of Nigeria new school youths, we award you the permission to retire. Those two Headies plaque were retirement gifts in disguise, just in case you didn’t know.

Source : http://ijebuloaded.com/enews-10-nigerian-artistes-retire-music/
banky w is a hit maker, i guess op just voiced out his opinion

26 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by ijebuloaded(m): 8:39am On Jan 24, 2017
lalasticlala , Mynd44
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by Nobody: 9:56am On Jan 24, 2017
I totally concur with that of Dprince grin That guy no get career again

5 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by Franky826: 10:01am On Jan 24, 2017
shocked
So op if one is not in their prime they should retire

Mikel was never at his prime in Chelsea he never retired. Got shipped to china and guess what he is at his prime financially.

My name is not ben Bruce and I just wanted to add my 2cents

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by Nobody: 10:09am On Jan 24, 2017
who is D Prince
is he selling rice? :-/

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by ijebuloaded(m): 10:28am On Jan 24, 2017
comradespade:
who is D Prince

is he selling rice? :-/

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by Mikylopez(f): 11:13am On Jan 24, 2017
wah about kcee? vic o should be chased out of the industry

17 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by ijebuloaded(m): 11:19am On Jan 24, 2017
Mikylopez:

Vic O na artist?? U sef funi.... ddem dey tok artist, u dey tok Vic O

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by ajoskele(m): 11:40am On Jan 24, 2017
Op, seems you do not know about good music.
Check out 'Oya Come Make We go' and 'Officially Blind' of 2baba in 2016 and the nice tunes from BankyW. These men are still hot.

I concur with you on D'Prince. He has had nothing to offer.

Ruggeddybaba only came out of retirement recently. Illbliss has retired already.

Bros, noh mention 9ice. He gave us some nice tunes in 2016.

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 11:49am On Jan 24, 2017
Mikylopez:
cheesy

13 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by wHyyyyyyyyyY: 11:50am On Jan 24, 2017
ajoskele:
Check out 'Oya Come Make We go' and 'Officially Blind' of 2baba in 2016 and the nice tunes from BankyW. These men are still hot.

Ruggeddybaba only came out of retirement recently. Illbliss has retired already.

And his 'Ancestor' album is still very hot

8 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by Yemike(m): 12:25pm On Jan 24, 2017
ijebuloaded:

Vic O na artist?? U sef funi.... ddem dey tok artist, u dey tok Vic O
abeg who be vic 0? Since 2face and banky are listed what of kcee, iyanya and oritse femi? I think they should be offloaded especially kcee and o'femi.

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by ijebuloaded(m): 12:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
Yemike:
abeg who be vic 0? Since 2face and banky are listed what of kcee, iyanya and oritse femi? I think they should be offloaded especially kcee and o'femi.

Wu shld b subtitute for dem in d list With reason

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by FILEBE(m): 12:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
ajoskele:

That 2face's chorus in that "oya come make we go" na damnnnnnnnnnnn two sweet! I heard it once and wished the chorus will just continue .

17 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by Yemike(m): 12:52pm On Jan 24, 2017
ijebuloaded:

Wu shld b subtitute for dem in d list With reason
why the substitution? They can all retire for all i care. I only meant they should be ahead of 2face and banky on the list.
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by onemmanuel(m): 1:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
Franky826:
shocked

Mikel was never at his prime in Chelsea he never retired. Got shipped to china and guess what he is at his prime financially.

Music is not football

1 Like

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by gabi101(m): 3:53pm On Jan 24, 2017
Franky826:
shocked

lmao this aboki sef cheesy

5 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by princeemmma(m): 5:03pm On Jan 24, 2017
u mean all this people

6 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by EKITI001: 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
LOL

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by xynerise: 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
Will you pay them pension? grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by Rapmoney(m): 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
H
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
It's like something -- fake knowledge and pompous conceit is affecting this op. If I understand correctly: He wants these heavyweights to retire mostly because they have been there for a while, or perhaps because they are approaching their forties?

I call bullshit.

Creativity has no age. If they still want to make music, the stage is theirs and there is nothing your hating can do to them

ijebuloaded:

Like they say, all good things must come to an end. /

No you are wrong. Good things do not come to an end. Wine tastes better with age just to mention one. Stop the generalizations.

15 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by iamkingzlee(m): 5:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
I agree! but Banky still gives us some good music. He stays!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by googlepikins: 5:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
Like seriously, OP

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by steppin: 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2017
I agree completely. They should all retire.
Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by CXLVII: 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
Take 2 face out of that list and replace him with Davido!

Moreover, Dbanj should top that list

14 Likes

Re: 10 Nigerian Artistes That Should Retire From Music by bestspoke: 5:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
stale lies...op should resign blogging

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Davido Walks Runway For Puma At New York Fashion Week / I Go Dye’s Mansion For Mum Valued At 5.4 Million Dollars / Donjazzy Shares His Experience At The Mayweather Vs Pacquiao Vegas Fight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.