Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,683 members, 7,837,523 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:23 AM

Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? (1758 Views)

Jesus Was Not From The Lineage Of David! / Be Free From Masturbation In The Name Of Jesus Christ. / "Statue Of Jesus In Anambra Drops Water Miraculously"(Photos Shared On Facebook) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by MrMontella(m): 2:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
felixomor:

Says the person who calls genealogy "bloodline".... grin
disgrace yourself more okay?
Viewers are viewing.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by felixomor: 3:24pm On Jan 24, 2017
MrMontella:

disgrace yourself more okay?

Viewers are viewing.

Quiet abeg. grin
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jan 24, 2017
johnydon22:

jeez #Sighs..

You never see anything grin

The last thing I will do is argue with this religious people. They are so myopic. I wonder if they can even read and understand.

Or they just say anything to support there beliefs.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by johnydon22(m): 10:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
izublingz:

You never see anything grin
I have seen it all brother, you have not the slightest idea how much I have argued here.

The last thing I will do is argue with this religious people. They are so myopic. I wonder if they can even read and understand.

Or they just say anything to support there beliefs.

This one weak me.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
johnydon22:

jeez #Sighs..
grin..... Sorry bro, I know, almost certainly, how it feels. Their case is a serious one.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by jonbellion(m): 3:05pm On Jan 25, 2017
Analice107 prove yourself here

1 Like

Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by Makaveli08: 6:54am On Feb 15, 2017
LadanOdion:

Mary was a virgin

Joseph is the one from the lineage of David as we see in Matthew 1

Jesus was born from a virgin
In the bible, lineage is followed through the father's side not the mother's

Matthew gives the genealogy of Joseph, Jesus as his adopted Son became his legal heir - as far as his inheritance was concerned.

LadanOdion:

2 Samuel 7:12-16 is where we find the prophecy that Jesus will be from David's lineage, from his seed, his blood but, as stated above Joseph is the one who is related to David and not Mary.

If Jesus was born from a virgin who was not impregnated by Joseph, how is he related to David?

Mary is the one who gives Jesus his blood relation to David, this is why the bible still refers to him as a descendant of David even though he was virgin-born.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by sonmvayina(m): 8:01am On Feb 15, 2017
When cardinal Worsley discovered that a certain german has invented the printing press. he said and i quote " If we dont distroy this invention now, this invention will one day distroy us",,....
Cardinal Worsley was the one negociating a truce between king james anf the pope.
the catholic church never wanted for the bible to be in peoples hand. FOR THIS REASON AND OTHERS.
Re: Can Someone Please Explain The Lineage Of Jesus? by Kobojunkie: 3:57am On Aug 04, 2023
LadanOdion:
Mary was a virgin. Joseph is the one from the lineage of David as we see in Matthew 1. Jesus was born from a virgin
In the bible, lineage is followed through the father's side not the mother's
2 Samuel 7:12-16 is where we find the prophecy that Jesus will be from David's lineage, from his seed, his blood but, as stated above Joseph is the one who is related to David and not Mary.
■ If Jesus was born from a virgin who was not impregnated by Joseph, how is he related to David?
There is no truth to the claim that lineage is followed through the father's side and not the mother's. If you read carefully through the Law of Moses, you will exceptions exist indicating that it is perfectly acceptable to consider the mother's side when necessary. undecided
Given that Jesus Christ was related by blood to Mary, the reasonable conclusion would be that the connection to David comes from Mary's bloodline. undecided

(1) (2) (Reply)

Surprised To See Many Atheist In NL But Never Met One In Real Life In Nigeria / What You Must Know Before Accepting Jesus As Your Lord And Personal Saviour / 10 Frightening True Life Stories Of People Possessed By Demons- Get Shocked!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.