Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,621 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) (29412 Views)

Wedding Invitation Card Of Ibrahim Babangida & Maryam In 1969 (Photo) / Buhari With His Friends During The Civil War In 1969 (Throwback Photo) / Yakubu Gowon And His Wife Victoria As A Young Couple (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by Moshkom(m): 2:39pm On Jan 24, 2017
THE GENERAL!!!
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by mccoy47(m): 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
Evil man! angry

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by moscobabs(m): 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2017
h
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by SuperBlack: 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
iambabaG:
Edakun.. how is this beneficial to we nairalanders?
You should have skip it.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by CXLVII: 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
Life4Varnity:
Back in the days when one naira eguals to one dollar

Small children all over the thread...
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by nkemdi89(f): 2:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
Nice one, it was a privilege working with him.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by Chiedu4Trump: 2:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by wellmax(m): 3:00pm On Jan 24, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

http://dailypost.ng/2013/05/19/abubakar-mamman-ngulde-the-igbos-will-never-rule-nigeria-again/
Thank you. Did you read the news from the link you provided?
I have read it, and I will help you with the last sentence.

..... If the Yoruba could deliver President Goodluck Jonathan of PDP in 2011 despite having their own party’s candidate as a result of alliance with the South South , I see no reason why the Igbos cannot do the same but until then; the Igbo will never rule Nigeria again.

Do you really get what the writer is saying here?

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by mayorchelsea(m): 3:17pm On Jan 24, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

Oga one Nigeria where they kill IPOB with impunity

They say Igbos will never rule Nigeria.
Are really part of Nigeria?

See link

http://dailypost.ng/2013/05/19/abubakar-mamman-ngulde-the-igbos-will-never-rule-nigeria-again/
Sorry to mention you,there were threads and links where Sanusi said Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria and some people masturbated over such brandishing it to our faces and hailing Northerners.Like you know,both men who said Igbos will never rule Nigeria and the one I quoted are from which region?If Sanusi was a hero for saying that,shouldn't this man be a hero too by the same logic?
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by buchilino(m): 3:37pm On Jan 24, 2017
lifezone247:
The IPOB nightmare.

WITH D WAY FULANI HERDS MEN R KILLING HIS PPLE, AM SURE HE WOULDN'T AGREE WITH U.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by Orikinla1: 4:00pm On Jan 24, 2017
He remains the best Head of State of Nigeria since independence.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by kacchy(m): 4:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
Cute
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by wazobia2017: 5:14pm On Jan 24, 2017
WE ARE NOW IN THAT YARADUA TIME ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by 9jaRonin(m): 5:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
Icon4s:
Nice. No be like now wey Africa wives dey dress like...

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by walosky(m): 5:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
Yeye man
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by Chiedu4Trump: 6:08pm On Jan 24, 2017
mayorchelsea:
Sorry to mention you,there were threads and links where Sanusi said Yorubas are the problem of Nigeria and some people masturbated over such brandishing it to our faces and hailing Northerners.Like you know,both men who said Igbos will never rule Nigeria and the one I quoted are from which region?If Sanusi was a hero for saying that,shouldn't this man be a hero too by the same logic?

Bros I am 100% igbo.

From what i can see, this country is dead.

Personally, I'd rather pitch my tent with yoruba's than the North.

At least I know that you won't kill me.

That's my views, but the way things are developing Nigeria as we know it is DEAD!

Buhari made sure that the South East suffered.

You see ur guy OBJ, they should have left the man to continue.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by Life4Varnity: 6:27pm On Jan 24, 2017
Plus234:

indome pikin, no naira then

Na real indomie pikin o but nobody can tell it to my face right now

so tell me wetin dem dey spend then
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by Igboid: 7:26pm On Jan 24, 2017
wellmax:

Thank you. Did you read the news from the link you provided?
I have read it, and I will help you with the last sentence.

..... If the Yoruba could deliver President Goodluck Jonathan of PDP in 2011 despite having their own party’s candidate as a result of alliance with the South South , I see no reason why the Igbos cannot do the same but until then; the Igbo will never rule Nigeria again.

Do you really get what the writer is saying here?

How exactly did Yorubas deliver GEJ in 2011, what type of " fuckery" is this? Why do you people revel in outright lies and falsehoods?

It is a known fact that despite not being Igbo or from the SE, GEJ main block Vote in 2011 came from the SE.
The turnout for presidential elections in 2011 in SW was poor, simply because none of the candidates were Yorubas. Despite GEJ not being Igbo, Ndiigbo turned up in mass and delivered him. How dare you treacherous people try to re write a history as recent as 5yrs ago, what sort of madness is this?

In 2003, despite Buhari fielding an Igbo VP, ObJ won the SE.
Yaradua also in 2007, despite Buhari picking an Igbo VP, won more Igbo votes.

Between 1999 to 2015, Igbos had voted for A Yoruba president( OBJ), Northern president ( Yaradua) and a Southern minority president( GEJ).

We owe no Nigerian group any votes as it stands, they all owe us One, which we know will not be given.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by Igboid: 7:33pm On Jan 24, 2017
Orikinla1:
He remains the best Head of State of Nigeria since independence.

Of course, see how Nigeria is a failed state, I understand why Her best head of state by international standard is also an incompetent fellow like Gowon. It all makes sense now.

1 Like

Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by Emperormartin(m): 7:43pm On Jan 24, 2017
In 1969!!! That means he got married when his soldiers were fighting the Biafrans.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by ISAACOLOYEDE(m): 8:11pm On Jan 24, 2017
The black and White photo. The camera which have three angle stand . Pls can somebody testify to this.
Re: Yakubu Gowon And His Wife, Victoria In 1969 (Throwback Photo ) by wellmax(m): 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2017
Igboid:

How exactly did Yorubas deliver GEJ in 2011, what type of " fuckery" is this? Why do you people revel in outright lies and falsehoods?

It is a known fact that despite not being Igbo or from the SE, GEJ main block Vote in 2011 came from the SE.
The turnout for presidential elections in 2011 in SW was poor, simply because none of the candidates were Yorubas. Despite GEJ not being Igbo, Ndiigbo turned up in mass and delivered him. How dare you treacherous people try to re write a history as recent as 5yrs ago, what sort of madness is this?

In 2003, despite Buhari fielding an Igbo VP, ObJ won the SE.
Yaradua also in 2007, despite Buhari picking an Igbo VP, won more Igbo votes.

Between 1999 to 2015, Igbos had voted for A Yoruba president( OBJ), Northern president ( Yaradua) and a Southern minority president( GEJ).

We owe no Nigerian group any votes as it stands, they all owe us One, which we know will not be given.

Calm down. That was an excerpt from an article your brother quoted and gave a link to. I didn't write the article. Take your fight elsewhere. You can't change history. You do not need to agree either but facts are facts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: I Never Promised To Fix Apapa Gridlock In 60 Days / Protesters Want Saraki Expelled From APC, Storm APC Headquarters / Makarfi Weeps Over Bad Roads In S-east.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.