Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,350 members, 7,957,932 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:39 AM

Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana (3194 Views)

Buy Your Dwarf Seedling Orange,lemon,mango,cashew, Pawpaw,ogbono,palm,bittercola / Get Up To 1000 Free Hybrid Suckers/grafted Seedlings. T&C Apply / The Plants And Animals I Saw In My Uncle's Compound (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 24, 2017
Friends,
I am known as Happybrother here on Nairaland. I retailed Jain Irrigation kits. Apart from that I also engage in grafting and budding of fruit trees. I also do micro propagation of banana and plantain.

Am about to review some of my earlier works which I showcased here then.

[b]Friends,
I am known as Happybrother here on Nairaland. I retailed Jain Irrigation kits. Apart from that I also engage in grafting and budding of fruit trees. I also do micro propagation of banana and plantain.

[/b]Friends,

Mango
This mango was grafted insitu( ie where it was geminated) on the 15th of July 2014,

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
This mango had earlier flowered in Feb 2015 just 7 months after grafting,Though not much.

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 24, 2017
C
This year 2017,precisely on the 17th of January it bursted with plenty of flower buds. I then applied potassium Nitrate spray to enhance the production of the fruits.

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jan 24, 2017
D Full bloom on the 23rd January 2017

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 24, 2017
Avocado https://www.nairaland.com/1871058/grafted-avocado-photo#25720362 From the propagator and ready for the plastic bag

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 24, 2017
https://www.nairaland.com/2173288/grafted-soursop-avocado-mango-pic#31196938

Find the avocado on the right
with grafted mango and Soursop

28th February 2015

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 2:22pm On Jan 24, 2017
TRECULIA AFRICANA (UKWA) OR BREADFRUIT

26th of July 2014

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jan 24, 2017
Same treculia started fruiting 2016 exactly 3 years from seed (hybrid not grafted) and this 2017 it fruited again.
17th January 2017

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
Comments are welcomed.

I am working on kola and bitter kola.
Also to double the number of multi-graft (eg. one mango tree with 2 or more types of mango on it) produced this 2017
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jan 24, 2017
Want to establish an orchard ? Have you decided on the type of fruit trees? Want our assistance?
call or WhatsApp: 08057021372
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 25, 2017
we are open for improvement
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by PapaBrowne(m): 10:11am On Jan 25, 2017
I need to graft Hass Avocado? Any idea where we could get a Hass tree?
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
PapaBrowne:
I need to graft Hass Avocado? Any idea where we could get a Hass tree?
Hass may be at NIHORT Ibadan. Our challenge is that these research institutes do not keep records of these thing in a manner that it can help the potential farmers. Meanwhile a country like Trinidad and Tobago have both electronic and paper documents on how to locate each tree for mass production.
it's well.
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by PapaBrowne(m): 2:47pm On Jan 25, 2017
happybrother:

Hass may be at NIHORT Ibadan. Our challenge is that these research institutes do not keep records of these thing in a manner that it can help the potential farmers. Meanwhile a country like Trinidad and Tobago have both electronic and paper documents on how to locate each tree for mass production.
it's well.

I want to do a massive Hass plantation. With seeds, we'd be looking at average 10 years before harvest. With grafting, how long before we start seeing fruits?
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 3:47pm On Feb 01, 2017
PapaBrowne:

I want to do a massive Hass plantation. With seeds, we'd be looking at average 10 years before harvest. With grafting, how long before we start seeing fruits?
8 years is enough for seed planted stocks
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Walexz02(m): 8:50pm On Jul 21, 2017
Nice work you are doing sir I just followed you
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 4:12am On Dec 03, 2018
The Keith mango planted 2015

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 4:15am On Dec 03, 2018
Though we may be challenged by a short supply of space, we are pushing forward.
Expect new updates in few days time.
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 4:19am On Dec 03, 2018
Avocado seedlings ordered by a client in Osun State. Ready for grafting. We can reproduce your choice tree easily.

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Madas1986(m): 6:05am On Dec 03, 2018
Where do you base and how much is avocado seedling
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 8:08am On Dec 03, 2018
Madas1986:
Where do you base and how much is avocado seedling
we are based in Umuahia Abia State
We are Splashagro ...we grow your joy!
www.splashagro.
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 8:23am On Dec 03, 2018
These lemon seedlings will be capped with sweet oranges,pinnaple oranges, shaddock,super Mandarin and long lemon

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 8:25am On Dec 03, 2018
Dycrodes Edulis, our local pear (the type you eat with corn)
Long journey to grafts.

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 03, 2018
Grafting avocado is a delicate job due to some factors. Our tropical environment encourages quick growth of bacteria so you will be surprised to see your Sion fail even after all cleaning procedures.
For example,you may disinfect your secatuer and knife with bleach or 'ogogoro' but the water you use to rinse it can reintroduce bacteria thereby changing Sion colour to brown.
Again any compromise on shade could rubbish you effort. Though avocado grafts need 25°c+ humid environments but you must not position your healing chamber in an open sun without a shade.

2 Likes

Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 03, 2018
When you see a grafted cocoa fruiting,you will shout in awe. What about Guava fruiting at the height of your knee
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 03, 2018
Promotion : chose a number from 1 to 49 and your number can win you a grafted mango ,orange or guava
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Nobody: 2:52pm On Dec 03, 2018
Improvision
How do you bear the burden of buying a heap of nylon for production of seedlings. Anyway you can improvise by commissioning someone to get disposed plastic cups from beer joints at the cost of N2 .
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Abramgreen: 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2018
7. Great work. Keep it up.
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by olly6559: 7:57am On Dec 09, 2018
happybrother:
Promotion : chose a number from 1 to 49 and your number can win you a grafted mango ,orange or guava
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Olohunjedalo(m): 9:45am On Dec 09, 2018
happybrother:
Number 1
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by eddyline(m): 5:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
Re: Update On My Grafted Plants; Mango ,avocado, Treculia Africana by Jesuschild: 5:24pm On Dec 12, 2018

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: 20 Bags Of Groundnut For Sale / The Open Truth: Cassava Transaction False Accusation. / Poultry Battery Cage For Sale In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.