Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Where Should Muslims On The West Coast Of Usa Face When Praying? - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Where Should Muslims On The West Coast Of Usa Face When Praying? (689 Views)

Muslim Man Seen Praying In The Rain In Benin (Photo) / Why Do Muslims Face Mecca When Praying? / Why Do Muslims Face The East When Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Should Muslims On The West Coast Of Usa Face When Praying? by Jairzinho(m): 7:35pm On Nov 29, 2009
Living in the US west Coast,where should muslims face for prayer - East or West ? Just curious. . . .
Re: Where Should Muslims On The West Coast Of Usa Face When Praying? by Abuzola11(m): 12:18am On Nov 30, 2009
Sir olabowale, this is for u
Re: Where Should Muslims On The West Coast Of Usa Face When Praying? by illusion2: 9:45pm On Nov 30, 2009
undecided
Re: Where Should Muslims On The West Coast Of Usa Face When Praying? by Lagosboy: 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2009
Anywhere you are in the world you could use a compass to help you indicate the direction of the ka'abah. Technology has resolved the problem and it was the early muslims that develped the tool called a compass to solve this problem.
Re: Where Should Muslims On The West Coast Of Usa Face When Praying? by Jairzinho(m): 10:23pm On Nov 30, 2009
Lagosboy:

Anywhere you are in the world you could use a compass to help you indicate the direction of the ka'abah. Technology has resolved the problem and it was the early muslims that develped the tool called a compass to solve this problem.
No need for propaganda.

From mainland USA,the Ka'abah can be located both to the West (via pacific) and East (via Atlantic). So I require a practical answer not stories. Cheers.
Re: Where Should Muslims On The West Coast Of Usa Face When Praying? by Lagosboy: 10:31pm On Nov 30, 2009
I now understand your question and from a fiqh perspective. If if this is the case like you say (as i dont knw) either direction to the ka'abah is sufficient. Allah also states in the quran he is the lord of the east and west and whichever direction one faces (if one is not sure) it is permissible.

N.B You need not been sarcastic i aint doing no propaganda i was simply stating the fact
Re: Where Should Muslims On The West Coast Of Usa Face When Praying? by Jairzinho(m): 10:35pm On Nov 30, 2009
Lagosboy:

I now understand your question and from a fiqh perspective. If if this is the case like you say (as i dont knw) either direction to the ka'abah is sufficient. Allah also states in the quran he is the lord of the east and west and whichever direction one faces (if one is not sure) it is permissible.

N.B You need not been sarcastic i aint doing no propaganda i was simply stating the fact
No worries bro. . . you're cool  wink
Re: Where Should Muslims On The West Coast Of Usa Face When Praying? by olabowale(m): 12:00am On Dec 01, 2009
@Jairzinho; « #4 on: Today at 10:23:17 PM »
Quote from: Lagosboy on Today at 10:10:17 PM

No need for propaganda.
From mainland USA,the Ka'abah can be located both to the West (via pacific) and East (via Atlantic). So I require a practical answer not stories. Cheers.
Kaaba, the Qibla is a stationary point. That we all know and agree about. Regardless of where you are on earth, you need to face the Kaaba by the shortest distance direction possible.The whole of the US is in the westernly direction to Makka! Though northernly to it than Nigeria which is just westernly, therefore the people inContinental US shall face in general Southernly east direction. The general direction of the Kaaba therefore is when the rising Sun hit your left ear at some angle from the front since the sun rises from the East of you based on the rotation of the earth!

(1) (Reply)

Science And Faith / The Effect Of Sins In Our Daily Life's / Amnesty For Bokoharam And The Quran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.