Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,880 members, 7,813,995 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:46 PM

Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story (28356 Views)

Igho Sanomi Forfeits Private Jet, 3 London Homes To Swiss Bank Over $3m Debt / Customer Battles Sterling Bank Over N219m Fraud / Man Closes Company Account With GT Bank Over Innoson Saga(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by DecorhubNG: 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
Wow!!! PayDay Deals is LIve!!!!!!!!!!! Join the Awooff Shoppers Up To 70% Off Click Here http:///2jC1xhO or Call Our Customer Service Agent on 0803 752 9332 to Scheduled your Order and Delivery.

Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by napoleon77(m): 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
An actor/writer/film director is writing this illogical story and people believe it's true? I'm more worried for the people who can believe this. I blame Nollywood

Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by unmask: 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
He was told to fill his form somewhere else.....it could be that he was filling the form at the wrong place
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by BlackMbakara1(m): 1:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
I believe this story 100%. They see us as slaves in their country and want to treat us as slaves in our country with the connivance of some silly lackeys. I almost beat one up for trying to use the F word with me and gave him those F words back to the "idiot"...he will never forget that day.

#RespectHisView

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by justmenoni: 1:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
i don't just believe this story

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by UncleBob(m): 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
local boy, u dont even do online banking. I WENT AND WITHDREW ALL MY MONEY FROM THE BANK.... BLA BLA... Local boy
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by baysol: 1:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
alienvirus:
who is talk about understanding here. It's either you quoted the wrong person or you are demented.

You no even fit read also . I quoted your weak story, aren't you the demented one?
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by lovat(m): 1:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
paschal47:
Which kain lie con be dis na for dis early mor-mor.

Anybody that would believe this must still be wearing diapers. Even customers joined in saying stand up for 'oyinbo'?
I'm suspecting Flirtykaren now
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by napoleon77(m): 1:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
BlackMbakara1:
I believe this story 100%. They see us as slaves in their country and want to treat us as slaves in our country with the connivance of some silly lackeys. I almost beat one up for trying to use the F word with me and gave him those F words back to the "idiot"...he will never forget that day.

#RespectHisView

You believe that the branch had only one chair and the writer was in that chair?
You believe that a branch manager would ask a white man in a banking hall how much he has in his account and the white man would answer?
You believe that the branch manager could not have invited the white man into his own office to sit down?
You believe that the white man would simply come into a branch to transact business without his accounts officer handling it for him? Or the account officer not being present?
You believe that not a single person spoke in the writers defence?
You believe that the branch manager invited people to take pictures of the writer as he was a thief?
You believe that the writer (who is an actor,writer and film director) refused to tell us the name of the bank and branch because he wants to protect the job of the workers?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by thunderbabs: 1:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
Thank our ancestors you didnt stand up for the white man, otherwise the ancestors would ve been angry.

Buh, some Nigerians are still slaves despite their literacy.

It would ve bin nice if you mentioned the bank and branch
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by chachanga: 1:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
paschal47:

Anybody that would believe this must still be wearing diapers. Even customers joined in saying stand up for 'oyinbo'?

If u don't know the pathetic levels of intellectual and psychological poverty that most of your fellow countrymen carry, to the point where the country is like this, you must be new here.
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Millsz: 1:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
Lies.. isn't it very obvious from the writeup that its a lie?? Nobody sane enough would believe a bank manager would ask "how much do you have in your account". We all visit banks, there is no way they'd behave this way
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Mayflowa(m): 1:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
paschal47:

It's possible is not a lie. I once work in a bank. The customer service seat is always very busy and we don't allow people sit to fill in their transaction forms while other customers wait for service. True, the customer service officer would ask anyone especially if you are young to go elsewhere to fill his/her forms. But this guy was pissed because it was a whiteman coming to receive service or probably the word was not put well across to him.

That is not to say blacks dont discriminate against blacks for white men. It is sort of inferiority complex but the context of the case is not exactly as the boy has painted it. Broadly, don't we always discriminate against ourselves in renting houses, marriage, employment, university admission and giving helping hands. Nigerian suffers the most discrimination and stereotype in his/his country from other tribes
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by BlackMbakara1(m): 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
napoleon77:

You believe that the branch had only one chair and the writer was in that chair?
You believe that a branch manager would ask a white man in a banking hall how much he has in his account and the white man would answer?
You believe that the branch manager could not have invited the white man into his own office to sit down?
You believe that the white man would simply come into a branch to transact business without his accounts officer handling it for him? Or the account officer not being present?
You believe that not a single person spoke in the writers defence?
You believe that the branch manager invited people to take pictures of the writer as he was a thief?
You believe that the writer (who is an actor,writer and film director) refused to tell us the name of the bank and branch because he wants to protect the job of the workers?

Believe what you want to believe and respect my own view...who no go or do no know. Many thanks for your understanding...

Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by dapolaw(m): 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2017
This story does not add up, no bank manger will ask you how much you have in your account.... Its just a make up story or it was not how this guy put it.
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Bahddo(m): 1:35pm On Jan 25, 2017
Inasmuch as I agree that a white man would get preferential treatment over a Nigerian in Nigeria, but this story is fake jor.
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by RaptorX: 1:38pm On Jan 25, 2017
You clowns on NL will probably tell him to stand up too if you were there, not with all the oyinbo a.ss kissing threads that grace front page on a daily basis.
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jan 25, 2017
Ioannes:
Inasmuch as I refuse to believe this particular story Because he didn't mention the bank and the branch, I know It's definitely a possibility.

We Nigerians, or should I say Africans are worshippers of the white skin.

Ecenter though slave trade ended hundreds of years ago, the PTSD is still with us generations after.

Worse things happen in this country when it comes to "oyinbo ".

Shame on us.

Hi
So long as we say things like, "Nigeria is a Christian, Islamic country"....this will always be the case

The world will never respect a people without their own philosophies, religion, cultures...we need a real change
(While it may seem that I digressed from the topic, I really didn't...they are all linked)
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 25, 2017
admax:
That is a bloody lie!

The story lacks substance, there is no way, I repeat, no way everybody will just collude in a banking hall to force you to stand up for a white guy in this Nigeria, No way!!

This is a cock and bull story, Absolutely!

I have to believe this "rant"
....for my sanity and peace of mind

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jan 25, 2017
merahki:

Hi
So long as we say things like, "Nigeria is a Christian, Islamic country"....this will always be the case

The world will never respect a people without their own philosophies, religion, cultures...we need a real change
(While it may seem that I digressed from the topic, I really didn't...they are all linked)

I've never said Nigeria is a Christian or Islamic country on this forum. That would be being sentimental because Nigeria is neither. It's a secular country, at least according to the constitution. And being the type of people we are, I think it should remain So.

Our problem is an ingrained inferiority complex we feel when we see a Caucasian. We need to snap out it. Fast!

I hope you agree with me.
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jan 25, 2017
Ioannes:

I've never said Nigeria is a Christian or Islamic country on this forum. That would be being sentimental because Nigeria is neither. It's a secular country, at least according to the constitution. And being the type of people we are, I think it should remain So.

Our problem is an ingrained inferiority complex we feel when we see a Caucasian. We need to snap out it. Fast!

I hope you agree with me.

You missed my point, totally
We have ingrained the whiteman into our psyches when we adopted his religion and all that
So we will always be inferior and until we change, things like the OP will always happen
Cheers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by alaskido(m): 2:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
If I were you I will go home with the banks chair. Let Heaven fall.
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Rinsola32(f): 2:33pm On Jan 25, 2017
admax:
That is a bloody lie!

The story lacks substance, there is no way, I repeat, no way everybody will just collude in a banking hall to force you to stand up for a white guy in this Nigeria, No way!!

This is a cock and bull story, Absolutely!

God bless you

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by habsydiamond(m): 2:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
Why is it that some nigerians still see these oyinbo people like gods. After independence some of us are still in oyinbo bondage ooo. My question is this... What's special about white people to make some nigerians worship them I don know oooo
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Okeyson4wisdom(m): 2:56pm On Jan 25, 2017
nwadasuki:
This is serious...

That should be Eco-Bank Confirm if am right grin grin
do you have issues with ecobank
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
merahki:

You missed my point, totally
We have ingrained the whiteman into our psyches when we adopted his religion and all that
So we will always be inferior and until we change, things like the OP will always happen
Cheers

Yeah. I get what you're saying now. You're right and I totally agree with you.

Yet I think our complex goes deeper than religion.

The foundation of all these started with slave trade and even hundreds of years later, here we are. The colonialists came before the religions came.

By the time religion came, we were already a subdued and conquered people. So it was easier to accept the religions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
repogirl:
Slavery might have been abolished but Many Nigerians brains are still enslaved.
just tire ooO nigerian's too dey fuckup 4 sn kin place,nor know why!!!?
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 25, 2017
repogirl:
We Nigerians suffer serious inferiority complex against oyibo people. Its shameful really. What's that nonsense?

If you go to their country, will they stand for you because you are a visitor? We Africans need to rewire our mentality abeg. Oyibo people will come to our country and be forming boss for you when it's not as if they are the ones paying your salary, for what?
waitin we go do nah
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by yankeypha: 3:06pm On Jan 25, 2017
Is a lie, how can manager ask you and white guy how much you have in your account, a manager can never ask you your account, unless you have a problem with your account.
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by aragon4realz(m): 3:32pm On Jan 25, 2017
paschal47:

Bro being searched before you enter a place is different from asking you to give up your sit for a white man, and still people in the banking hall told you to get up? What lies!!!
it's almost the same scenerio
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by vislabraye(m): 4:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
dingbang:
The Bank Manager, the tellers, the security men and in fact, the customers are all silly....

First the customers saw what was happening and they all kept quiet... Shows how deranged some persons are..

Are you now telling me that the oyinbo pauper will stand up for a black man in his own country? We need to go back to stone age

I wonder why this guy is defending the bank. If I was the one I would report them to their head office and other related agencies. This is bullshit.
Let him tell us the name and branch of the bank....
Re: Nigerian Man Humiliated At A Bank Over A White Man Tells His Story by room089: 4:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
Till we learn to be bold and irrepressible when narrating such an ordeal, we are still far from establishing processes of healing this great nation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dangote Acquires 2,500 Trucks For Cement, Fertiliser Distribution / Aliexpress Payment Problem / Chuksbaby Is Back After A Long While

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.