Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

There Are No M0re Hiding Place With True Caller And Facebook - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / There Are No M0re Hiding Place With True Caller And Facebook (874 Views)

What Is Wrong With This True-caller Report / Nnamdi Kanu's Hiding Place Discovered / [story] The Hiding Place – Episode 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

There Are No M0re Hiding Place With True Caller And Facebook by brodalikeme(m): 7:32am On Jan 25, 2017
Today will trying to collect the phone number of one of my workers, I erroneously entered a wrong digit and dialled the number, realising that I had made a mistake, I ended the call. Few minutes later the number I mistakenly dialled called me back, behold, it was a lady with an amazing voice. I told her it was a mistake and apologised. But the voice was so sweet that I decided to check out the babe. I turned to truecaller got her name and picture, went to Facebook mined more information about her than I could possibly need. Lucky me, the babe no bad, the face and the voice blend! In less than eight (cool hours, I’ve got myself a new friend.

Thinking about all these got me scared as to how much information we unknowing put out there in the cyber/social media space. The vast amounts of information collected by private companies — including Google, Microsoft, Facebook and Twitter — are giving new insight into all aspects of our everyday life. All our activities on these platforms leave cyber footprint that reveal a lot about us. We are being coerced into doing so at every turn, smart phones and tablet PC have made it a lot easier for us to be out there. Download an app, they pinch your private information, login to your mail on your phone and they get all your contact details. Facebook has moved from trying to know what is on our minds to actually reading our mind. My qualm is not giving this information out, but the manner in which there are share. I wonder what is contained in those terms and condition and privacy statements.

A bigger issue of concern is that this public space or social media has been transformed into a behavioural laboratory where data that are been mined as analyzed to generate our behavioural pattern. We now have a group of social media researchers who have published results such as parent-children relationships decreasing with age, 71% of Facebook users drafted at least one post that was never posted, Microsoft identifying women at risk of postpartum depression etc. The possibilities appear limited only by the imagination of the researchers.

My advice is that we should all realise that this space is being watched; hence we should be cautious of whatever information we put out there. There is absolutely no hiding place for you anymore!

Thank you guys

1 Like

Re: There Are No M0re Hiding Place With True Caller And Facebook by Emescot(m): 7:42am On Jan 25, 2017
That truecaller own bad pass

1 Like

Re: There Are No M0re Hiding Place With True Caller And Facebook by brodalikeme(m): 7:52am On Jan 25, 2017
Emescot:
That truecaller own bad pass

True, I regret installing that app on my phone.
Re: There Are No M0re Hiding Place With True Caller And Facebook by Kenshinmunac(m): 8:00am On Jan 25, 2017
brodalikeme:

True, I regret installing that app on my phone.

So even person when no install true caller for him phone you can still get his details and picture?
Re: There Are No M0re Hiding Place With True Caller And Facebook by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:01am On Jan 25, 2017
There was never a hiding place,the average citizen just didn't know it yet.
Re: There Are No M0re Hiding Place With True Caller And Facebook by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:04am On Jan 25, 2017
Kenshinmunac:

So even person when no install true caller for him phone you can still get his details and picture?

Not really,but if someone who has Truecaller has saved the person's number, it's that name that Truecaller will attach to that number in Thier database. That's why sometimes you dial a number and Truecaller shows the name has "Taiwo plumber". Because that's how the first Truecaller user who saved the name saved it.
Re: There Are No M0re Hiding Place With True Caller And Facebook by Kenshinmunac(m): 8:23am On Jan 25, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Not really,but if someone who has Truecaller has saved the person's number, it's that name that Truecaller will attach to that number in Thier database. That's why sometimes you dial a number and Truecaller shows the name has "Taiwo plumber". Because that's how the first Truecaller user who saved the name saved it.

Lmao @taiwo plumber
Re: There Are No M0re Hiding Place With True Caller And Facebook by brodalikeme(m): 9:41am On Jan 25, 2017
Have any of you noticed that when you view someone's profile on Facebook, after a couple of days, that person start appearing as "people you may know"

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

3rd Mainland Bridge Suicide Doctor: Am I Next? / Easy Way To Make Money,send You Itunes Gift Card For Instant Cash Out / Oyinbo Woman Meets Snake In Her Home, Picks It And Drop It Outside (pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.