Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,158 members, 7,818,513 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US (63055 Views)

Breaking News Iran: President Trump Bans All Muslims From Entering United States / Donald Trump To Terminate Birthright Citizenship / Donald Trump Bans Diego Maradona From Entering US "For Insulting Trump On TV" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by joansteff(m): 4:55pm On Jan 25, 2017
amnesty7:
Oh, I tot he wants to stop them from coming into the world or deny them oxygen. That's only when I will consider him a powerful man.

Tink well. All terrorists are moslem but not all moslems are terrorist

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by assyn(m): 4:58pm On Jan 25, 2017
Gen 16: 11-12 Even the bible advises so. Be wise. I have Moslem friends, but still respect their space.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 25, 2017
wristbangle:

If it didn't fly, the media house in that link wouldn't have posted it. Between it was on the news bro. Google it to confirm. No one is playing hypocrisy here

Lol. You don't need to twist words. How many media outlets talked about it? Did you even see a thread about it right here on NL?

Besides u didn't answer all my questions

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by manny4life(m): 5:01pm On Jan 25, 2017
abbey621:

You are so backward thinking! I'ma Muslim, I'm a Nigerian and I'm also a U.S Citizen. I voted for Trump and I'm proud of it. If you had any clue how a real democracy works you would know people can't be deported or refused visas based on religion alone. Even the law that Trump signed only subjects certain Muslims to extreme vetting before they can be given visas, it does not ban them; educate yourself!

First, if you're a U.S. Citizen and you claim to know how democracy works, then you would know that President Trump is the head of the executive, and what he signed is NOT law, but an Executive Order.

Second, Congress is the only arm of govt that makes laws, the president does not make laws but uses an EO to temporarily suspend or resume an activity that often deals with executive branches until Congress decides what to do with it. For instance, on his first day in office, he signed an EO to repeal Obamacare, well, Obamacare is still very existent because he cannot suspend it. As a matter of fact, Republicans are actually reconsidering whether to allow states decide if they want to keep it or not.

Finally, you're mixing two things: deportees and refusal of visa. These are two agencies: Deportation is strictly the responsibility of the Dept. Homeland Security in which USCIS falls under, while Visa is the responsibility of the State Dept. The president has the Constitutional right to issue an EO to the state department (consular affairs) on U.S. Visa Policy. Whether this EO is constitutional or violates INA is a different story, and considering that we have a republican controlled house and a soon-to-be conservative Supreme Court, anything is possible. Visa or not is irrelevant because when you arrive to the U.S., the person who decides your entry is the CBP agent at airport.

5 Likes

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by wristbangle: 5:06pm On Jan 25, 2017
ollah1:

Lol. You don't need to twist words. How many media outlets talked about it? Did you even see a thread about it right here on NL?

Besides u didn't answer all my questions

Was every terrorist attacks and ongoing ISIS treachery reported on NL? The prevalence of these demons are too much that is why forums like NL decided to headline it. If such prevalence happens in Christian countries, ofcourse the media will air it. Who doesn't want to make money.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by abbey621(m): 5:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
manny4life:

First, if you're a U.S. Citizen and you claim to know how democracy works, then you would know that President Trump is the head of the executive, and what he signed is NOT law, but an Executive Order.

Second, Congress is the only arm of govt that makes laws, the president does not make laws but uses an EO to temporarily suspend or resume an activity that often deals with executive branches until Congress decides what to do with it. For instance, in his first day of office, he signed an EO to repeal Obamacare, well, Obamacare is still very existent because he cannot suspend it. As a matter of fact, Republicans are actually reconsidering whether to allow states decide if they want to keep it or not.

Finally, you're mixing two things: deportees and refusal of visa. These are two agencies: Deportation is strictly the responsibility of Homeland Security in which USCIS falls under, while Visa is the responsibility of the Department of State. The president has the Constitutional right to issue an EO to the state department (consular affairs) on U.S. Visa Policy. Whether this EO is constitutional or violates INA is a different story, and considering that we have a republican controlled house and a soon-to-be conservative Supreme Court, anything is possible.Visa or not is irrelevant because when you arrive in the U.S., the person who decides your entry is the CBP agent at airport.

Executive order is a directive which has the same capabilities as a law. Forget the grammatical jargon, I'm telling you exactly how it functions. Next, visa refusal based on just religion is against the U.S Constitution and even the strongest Republican won't support a violation of the Constitution. Stop making it sound as if Trump is going to make it impossible for all Muslims to come to the U.S, even he is not that crazy!

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by akaahs(m): 5:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
maslong:
shocked shocked cool cool cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

NO wonder terrorist and potential terrorist so much hate Trump.
Trump do not forget to also ban the ones from Nigeria, because all na the same. hahahahaha,kikikiki
I'm loving ur post oooooooooooo.... Both terrorist nd potential terrorist na the same papa nd mama give birth to them.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by PDJT: 5:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
dsenator:
Truth be told,this man is ready to put an end to what America really stands for.He is a man that does not like immigrants at all wether legal or illegal.America is great because of their immigration policies that encourage immigrants into the country,embrace and assist them to realize their dreams and thats why for example we have so many Indians excelling in medicine and I.T and Nigerians doing extremely well in the medical field today.
Trump kept telling his supporters at his campaigns and rallies that the immigrants have taken the jobs from the native Americans and was promising to return their jobs to them by deporting all the undocumented immigrants.
It is not debatable that its not only the countries mentioned here that would be affected as he is not targeting only the muslims but the immigrants as a whole because the republicans believe that the democrats always enjoy the lion"s share of the immigrant"s support during elections.
I can bet it with anyone that if for example the Ghanaians that were issued visa into the US in 2016 were 100,000,expect the number to be highly reduced to something like 20,000 for this year 2017.
He is the commander-in chief of the country, he can take whatever decisions he feels like and all we can do is to wish him all the best.

You have no clue what you're chatting about.

Trump's grandad was an immigrant from Germany.

Trump's granny was an immigrant from Germany as well.

Trump's mum was an immigrant from Scotland.

Trump's first wife(Ivana) and mother to his first 3 kids is an immigrant from Czech Republic.

Trump's current wife(Melania) is also an immigrant from Slovenia.

You don't become successful to the tune of billionaire without dealing with citizens of foreign countries.

Now tell us, are you more accepting of foreigners than Mr. Trump?
And please show us your evidence, whilst at it.

3 Likes

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by manny4life(m): 5:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
abbey621:

Executive order is a directive which has the same capabilities as a law. Forget the grammatical jargon, I'm telling you exactly how it functions. Next, visa refusal based on just religion is against the U.S Constitution and even the strongest Republican won't support a violation of the Constitution. Stop making it sound as if Trump is going to make it impossible for all Muslims to come to the U.S, even he is not that crazy!

Really? Has the same capability as law? So why is Obamacare is very active? Heck why do taxpayers have to pay tax penalties for not having Obamacare? No need arguing with you, believe whatever you want. You would wake up one morning to realize that you're the one yarning jargon.

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by CplusJason: 5:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
Benita27:
He's a nice man and a liberal one though.
Very soon he will show you the real nice man in him.

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by tillaman(m): 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
Donald J Trump flying the Presbyterian flag!!! Man of his words!! But what will happen to the ones that are already in the US
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
CplusJason:
Very soon he will show you the real nice man in him.
Go joor!. grin
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by CplusJason: 5:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
Benita27:
Go joor!. grin
Lol, one of the reasons Jason is at home presently. cheesy
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by damsala(m): 5:18pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hmmm!.,,Islamabad is capital of...
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by abbey621(m): 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2017
manny4life:

Really? Has the same capability as law? So why is Obamacare is very active? Heck why do taxpayers have to pay tax penalties for not having Obamacare? No need arguing with you, believe whatever you want. You would wake up one morning to realize that you're the one yarning jargon.

Executive Orders do not require Congressional approval to take effect but they have the same legal weight as laws passed by Congress.

ex·ec·u·tive or·der
nounLAWUS
a rule or order issued by the president to an executive branch of the government and having the force of law.

The above was taken directly from Google and http://www.thisnation.com/question/040.html

Next time you argue online make sure you know what the f**k you are talking about!

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by addey44: 5:26pm On Jan 25, 2017
maslong:
shocked shocked cool cool cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin

NO wonder terrorist and potential terrorist so much hate Trump.
Trump do not forget to also ban the ones from Nigeria, because all na the same. hahahahaha,kikikiki
That could also include you. How would they know you are not a terrorist?
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by NaMeAboki: 5:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
maslong:

He will only ban the ones with terrorist names.eg muha..... ,ladin.... , etc etc
Rubbish, he is also after Africans and particularly Nigerians who he claims take over American jobs - no doubt he would also go after the criminal elements which constitute the flattened heads.
Careful what you are wishing for; sometimes it may come back and bite you in the arse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATFMvZRgQjw

1 Like

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by factwriter(m): 5:38pm On Jan 25, 2017
DONALD TRUMP'S FULL SPEECH ON WHY HE HATES AFRICANS & ARABS.

We are not obliged,even for a second, to try to prove to anybody and especially to blacks and Arabs that we are superior people - we have demonstrated that to the black and Arabs in 1001 ways.
The America we know today was not created by wishful thinking.We created it at the expenses of intelligence, sweat and blood.....we do not pretend like other whites that we like the blacks - We must admit,without any fear,that we don't like them,and for so so may many valid reasons.

The fact that blacks and Arabs look like human beings does not necessarily make them sensible human beings. Hedgehogs are not porcupines and lizards are not crocodiles because they look alike. if God had wanted us to be equal to blacks and Arabs, he would have created us all of a uniform colour and intellect. But he created us differently.Whites, blacks, yellow, the rulers and the ruled. intellectually we are superior to the blacks and Arabs.That has been proven beyond the reasonable doubt over the years.

I believe that a white man is an honest, God fearing person who has demonstrated practically the right way of being a human.By now every one of us has seen it practically that blacks and Arabs cannot rule themselves. Give them guns and they will kill each other.They are good in nothing else but making noise, dancing, marrying many wives, alcoholism, witchcraft, indulging in sex, pretending in church, jealousy, fighting and complaining of nonsense.

Their only main concern (which according to me is stupidity of the highest magnitude) is same - sex marriages.They keep pointing fingers to us,we the west,that we have legalised it in our countries,and that we always outspokenly support gay people around the world.And because they always foolishly want to demostrate their ignorance,hatred and fear about the subject,some of them have even enacted harsh laws to codemn their own gay citizens.This shows that beyond illusions and doubt,what people do with their own bodies is Africans main concern.I hear they even strip their women publicly.

Let us all accept the fact that the black man is a symbol of poverty, mental inferiority, laziness and emotional incompetence.To make the matter worse,he can do everything possible to defend his stupidity.Give them money for development and they will fight and create hatred and enmity for themselves.Drill oil wells for them and they will not have peace all the days of their life.See,for instance,what's happening in Nigeria,Southern Sudan,Malawi,DRC just to mention a few.
this proves to anybody including a stupid fool that Africans do not know what they want. isn't that plausible?
Therefore that the white man is created to rule the black man, Africans will always have day dreams.And here is the creature (black man) that lacks foresight but only sees what is near him and still fails to know what to do. A black man is stupid to the extent that he cannot plan for his life beyond a year. Therefore how can they develop and live longer.

Corruption in west (And China) is a big abomination but in africa,it's so huge that it is slowly becoming an acceptable way of life.They sing and rejoice to their corrupt political leaders.They worship their scandal-ridden religious leaders like their gods.Lest you forget,these so called Africans are praising,dancing and praying for the people that have impoverished them,and who comes to hide their loot here.
Then which fool argues that the black man is not born a beggar, grows a beggar, looks a beggar, falls sick as a beggar and dies a beggar. this has been proven beyond reasoning. I wonder why even up to now most Africans still go to school by force and those who are at school are are just drug addicts who don't know what took them there.This is a pregnant stupidity in Africa that needs Jesus's immediate second coming. the body of Africans is a very fertile ground for all diseases in the world because they don't fear even HIV/AIDS. This leaves me with a question: are our eyes created the same with those Africans,,.? I hear there are still cultures in Africa that prohibit them from using latrines which is very annoying.
They cried for independence but have failed to rule themselves. For sure being African is a very untreatable disease that even prayers are not enough.
They have minerals but they cannot do anything with it.Therefore let us (whites) go to Africa and pick what we can pick and leave what is of no use.Poverty is a disease to the whites but to the blacks it is very normal.

The worst tragedy in Africa is that if you dare stand up and speak up for what's right,you may end up regretting.The few wise and open-minded Africans who have tried to educate these fools about civilization have met the worst.They have been pushed hard on the wall,they have been silenced and others have been killed.
Before I finish,let me tell Africans that before you jump and call me a racist,an anti-blacks or whatever term you may wish to use against me,first tackle runaway corruption,dreadful terrorism,tribalism,poverty,unemployment, diseases, illiteracy ,ignorance and inequality that have put your whole continent on the verge of collapse.Hate me or love me I don't care.I know this is the plain truth which will never see the light of the day to the cowards that are afraid to be told as it is.
Jesus please hurry and save Africans and Arabs. A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.
By, Donald .J. Trump.

PLEASE SHARE WITH NOTABLE NIGERIANS AND POLITICAL LEADERS SO THAT NIGERIA IN OUR OWN TIME WILL EMERGE AN INDUSTRALISED NATION TO PUT THE TRUMPS AND WHITE SUPREMACIST TO SHAME.

WE CAN MAKE IT!

YES WE CAN!!!
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Nobody: 5:45pm On Jan 25, 2017
balanceofterror1:

Where is Buhari and how many countries have he jumped to?.

Real smart, comparing a presidents infrequent official duties with the junketing of your people. Clueless is what you are
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by maslong(m): 5:48pm On Jan 25, 2017
addey44:
That could also include you. How would they know you are not a terrorist?

By their names ye shall know them.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
I don't blame him. Those people will eat at your table and bomb you when you turn your back.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by factwriter(m): 5:54pm On Jan 25, 2017
Personally I was expecting Trump to include (in his immigration entry ban) core Muslim Arab countries like SAUDI ARABIA (99% Muslims) DUBAI, UAE (99% Muslims), BRUNEI, QATAR, KUWAIT etc....

but come to think of it, the economic benefit (or better said- greed) from continuing friendship with the above MUSLIM ARAB countries seems to overweights whatever (real or misconstrue) security implication there is to America.

I smell hypocrisy, I smell double standard.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by maslong(m): 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Rubbish, he is also after Africans and particularly Nigerians who he claims take over American jobs - no doubt he would also go after the criminal elements which constitute the flattened heads.
Careful what you are wishing for; sometimes it may come back and bite you in the arse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATFMvZRgQjw

help to pass the message to your fellow ab0kis, that Trump do not want terrorist and potential terrorist to USA. good bye.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by airmark(m): 5:58pm On Jan 25, 2017
ollah1:

Really Which religion isn't violent?

Christianity: The countries that created these refugees by bombing their lands are christians. Why isn't Christianity tagged a violent religion. Ohh the media wouldn't say jack shit about the terrorism they bring to the shores of these countries or better still, will find a different grammer to use

Were they shouting halleluyah while bombing like terrorists do shouting allahu akbar before or after wrecking havoc ? Don't mix up state action with one influenced by religion .
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by maslong(m): 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2017
akaahs:

I'm loving ur post oooooooooooo.... Both terrorist nd potential terrorist na the same papa nd mama give birth to them.

Thanks
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by persius555(m): 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2017
Why is Saudi Arabia not included? America wants unfettered access to Saudi oil. Let's see how long Trump's protective plans will work in a world that is becoming more and more globalized.
Europe is more at risk of terrorist attack than the US, so I still don't understand why he is more paranoid.
And for Nigerians and other Africans who think trump is a Messiah, better be prepared for a shock.
Trump is a racist, a mentally deluded billionaire who became an american president by circumstances brought about by the alienation of the white American population by the outgoing Obama administration.

2 Likes

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by balanceofterror1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
VomeSchakleton:

Real smart, comparing a presidents infrequent official duties with the junketing of your people. Clueless is what you are

Since your own people are not junketing, why are they pained that their movement in and out of USA are been checkmated?.

I know that you're a child, insult and foolishness is part of you.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by BudeYahooCom: 6:06pm On Jan 25, 2017
Trump is thinking like a true Biafrans. I'd likd him to ban all nigerian muslims from coming into the US. They've been identified as the biggest killers and hater of Biafrans.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by delishpot: 6:07pm On Jan 25, 2017
Let me me drop this. After a while, they would say trump has mental breakdown, they would put him under medical care. His wife and kid would go on vacation, they would say trump is unfit to continue leadership of USA, a new president would be sworn in.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by Tonason: 6:08pm On Jan 25, 2017
May God continue to guide you, may God continue to protect you. May God continue to strengthen you. A man of his word, calling a spade a spade.
Re: Donald Trump To Sign Orders Restricting Refugee, Muslims From Entering US by skywalker240(m): 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
balanceofterror1:

WHY ARE YOU PAINED?.
dont mind dt hypocrite, as if he didnt praised buhari when he entered the sit

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Trump Instructs US Navy To Shoot Down Iranian Gunboats If They Harass US Ships / South Africa Shuns Jonathan, Says "We Will Discuss With Buhari Next Month" / Inside Donald Trump Secret Service Detail(Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.