Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,454 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms (11219 Views)

"The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results / JAMB Applicants In Maiduguri Struggling To Buy JAMB Forms In The Night (Pics) / 3 Arrested In Ekiti State For Selling Fake Jamb Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by olokeded: 5:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Ekiti Command, is monitoring and raiding cyber café in the state found selling fake JAMB registration forms to unsuspecting people.

NSCDC’s State Commandant, Mr Donatus Ikemefuna, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Ado-Ekiti on Wednesday that the command had arrested four persons in connection with the illegal act.

Ikemefuna condemned the defrauding of unsuspecting parents, guardians and wards by some young men through the internet.

NAN reports that the operation was made possible by a synergy between the Corps and JAMB to monitor every operational activity of JAMB, including provision of security coverage during examination.

He said that the suspects were arrested in different locations in the state.

Ikemefuna, therefore, advised Nigerians to be careful with cyber café and their owners that were selling fake JAMB forms and printing fake admission letters.

He also urged them to patronise registered and accredited JAMB registration centres and report any cyber café or their owners involved in the sharp practice to the NSCDC. (NAN)

http://www.metronaija.com/2017/01/civil-defence-arrest-4-cyber-cafe.html

cc: lalasticlala mynd44

2 Likes

Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by eezeribe(m): 5:25pm On Jan 25, 2017
Op, post pictures or My FTC becomes invalid
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by slurryeye: 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2017
Ladies! undecided

2 Likes

Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by jamex93(m): 6:05pm On Jan 25, 2017
Someone epp me tell seun to leave us alone with our MMM

He should stop hating

We know he was paid to paint MMM black

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by promisechild(m): 6:05pm On Jan 25, 2017
am just here to check names

am so disappointed

out of thread
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Baroba(m): 6:10pm On Jan 25, 2017
Jamb forms should be free to download as PDFs, same goes for any other application form in this country..
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Cmoyor: 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2017
good news
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by chuose2: 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2017

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Agimor(m): 6:12pm On Jan 25, 2017
Is Jamb form really out? Jamb as a body should always sensitized prospective jambites as per when the forms will be out to avoid issues like this. My niece has already bought jamb form 2 weeks ago I don't even know now if she has been dumped.
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
Na wa ooo. Good job guys
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by glossy6(f): 6:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
Agimor:
Is Jamb form really out? Jamb as a body should always sensitized prospective jambites as per when the forms will be out to avoid issues like this. My niece has already bought jamb form 2 weeks ago I don't even know now if she has been dumped.

I doubt if they've started selling Jamb forms
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Nobody: 6:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
End of the Road...
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by BCharles: 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
They should give out this form for free na

Check my signature if you want to invest in a meaningful bitcoin business....

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Nobody: 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
They are killing the education system that is struggling to stay fit angry angry
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Godprotectigbo2(f): 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
ofonja and fraud

am not suprised

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Sabay02(m): 6:16pm On Jan 25, 2017
Agimor:

Sorry, your niece has been dumped because Jamb form is not out yet
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 25, 2017
jamex93:
Someone epp me tell seun to leave us alone with our MMM

He should stop hating

We know he was paid to paint MMM black

who's "we"? undecided

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Pavore9: 6:20pm On Jan 25, 2017
When the form is not yet out!
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by 1Rebel: 6:24pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hmm
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by figment232(m): 6:26pm On Jan 25, 2017
Godprotectigbo2:
ofonja and fraud

am not suprised
This what unnecessary delay in sales of Jamb form can anxiety,and blame Jamb for this.Can't they announce the date of commencement for sales of the form.Even if they want to stay sales June they shld just announce it so that everyone would aware.However I don't think anyone is being duped here.What most cafes are doing is to collect Templates of the forms with details of applicants and pass them over to CBT centers when the thumb printing starts.Mind you Cybercafes have been the registration points for Jamb since its inception,before CBT Centers were introduced and are equally closer and easily accessible to these students.These students are quite familiar to these cyber cafe s,so there no question of anybody being duped here

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Agimor(m): 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
Sabay02:

Sorry, your niece has been dumped because Jamb form is not out yet
angry We Nigerians are our own problems. So after the damage has done that's when the authorities decided to spring into action.

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
H
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Agimor(m): 6:28pm On Jan 25, 2017
glossy6:

I doubt if they've started selling Jamb forms
The news of jamb form has been on air for a while now.
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by hok4u(f): 6:38pm On Jan 25, 2017
When did civil defence turn to police? I am not understanding cry
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by seunlayi(m): 6:44pm On Jan 25, 2017
[size=14pt]

IDONTBILIVIT, maximum of 10k per candidate x 4 and they are celebrating the arrest rather than going after those swallowing our billions.

Maybe in order not to loose customers due to the delay from Jamb, those guys decided to start collecting data and money from people in advance so that they can help them apply when the form is finally out. I remembered last year, my son filled the paper form before the cafe called him after some days to come and do his biometric.
[/size]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Sirheny007(m): 6:49pm On Jan 25, 2017
Agimor:

My brother, she has been 'Dumped' and Duped... grin
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by lastkidconcepts: 7:05pm On Jan 25, 2017
Jamb form is not yet out oooo....you better be careful of fraudsters......
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by Mesutlewy(m): 7:21pm On Jan 25, 2017
That's what I call "fighting recession"
someone should remind me who sang this song abeg "every day am hustling, everyday am hustling hustling hustling
Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by seunlayi(m): 7:26pm On Jan 25, 2017
figment232:
This what unnecessary delay in sales of Jamb form can anxiety,and blame Jamb for this.Can't they announce the date of commencement for sales of the form.Even if they want to stay sales June they shld just announce it so that everyone would aware.However I don't think anyone is being duped here.What most cafes are doing is to collect Templates of the forms with details of applicants and pass them over to CBT centers when the thumb printing starts.Mind you Cybercafes have been the registration points for Jamb since its inception,before CBT Centers were introduced and are equally closer and easily accessible to these students.These students are quite familiar to these cyber cafe s,so there no question of anybody being duped here

You are right, this is just what I wanted to explain. The security agent should take their searchlight to somewhere else. Only if I see a fake jamb no and a fake printout will I say they have duped them

1 Like

Re: Civil Defence Arrest 4 Cyber Cafe Owners Selling Fake JAMB Forms by figment232(m): 7:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
Godprotectigbo2:
ofonja and fraud

am not suprised
This is what unnecessary delay in sales of Jamb form can cause anxiety,I blame Jamb for this.Can't they just announce the date of commencement for sales of the form.Even if they want to stay sales by June they shld just announce it so that everyone would be aware.However I don't think anyone is being duped here.What most cafes are doing is to collect Templates of the forms with details of applicants and pass them over to CBT centers when the thumb printing starts.Mind you Cybercafes have been the registration points for Jamb since its inception,before CBT Centers were introduced and these well known equally closer and easily accessible to these students.These students are quite familiar to these cyber cafe s,so there no question of anybody being duped here

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Cousin Was Duped Of ₦15,000 Because Of JAMB / GCE Registration Begins On Friday, 28th April – WAEC / Police Shoot At Rioting Students In Rivers State Jamb Center

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.