Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,186 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? (61168 Views)

Which Bank Is The Best For Savings Account In Nigeria? / What's The Best Bank For Savings Of Business Income? / What Is The Maximum Deposit And Balance For A Savings Account? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by BestySam(m): 2:42pm On Jan 26, 2017
MMM any day, any time.

1 Like

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by olujaidi: 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2017
Adesiji77:

Bros, you may have to edit the "no bank in Nigeria" part.

I can tell you authoritatively that 4.2% pa is the official rates for Zenith Bank, Stanbic IBTC Bank, Skye Bank, Union Bank, Diamond Bank and other banks that I can't readily mention right now. A few banks that I know even pay higher for customised savings products.

It could be that the displayed rate guide in the banking hall of that particular bank/branch has not been updated. If any bank pays you less than 4.2% pa, report them to CBN! angry

GTBank is still at 3.6%. Diamond bank (HIDA) is still at 4% for N1m and above. I confirmed the rates from GTB CC and my account officer at DBP. Plus, it should also be factored in that interest will be forfeited after 3 withdrawals
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by BALO314: 2:46pm On Jan 26, 2017
I GUESSED IS UNION BANK OF NIG. PLC i.e IF YOU HAVE A SAVINGS ACCOUNT WITH THEM
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by olujaidi: 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2017
Godmother:

This explanation is so detailed, thanks. But mehn, these banks are terrible o; 4.2% per annum! It will favour me to put the money under my bed or dig a hole in the ground.

You can also try a money market fund. ARM, STANBIC, AIICO Capital funds are doing pretty good now as a result of the high yields on Treasury Bills

1 Like

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by longerthroat(m): 3:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
Eco bank for me, GT BANK is the worstest bank in this world. no interest, keep deducting from you.

2 Likes

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by kio052001(m): 3:01pm On Jan 26, 2017
benileo:
If you want a good rate in Nigeria, go to the MFB's, I will recommend Fortis MFB Plc.
PLZ how do 1 get qualified for the loan
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by jist2day: 3:29pm On Jan 26, 2017
invest in Gold. Invest in Eagle Aurum Company. only €40 euros, onetime. for life. thank me later.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by heybee72(m): 3:37pm On Jan 26, 2017
Mmm bank Plc.... With 30% interest rate every month

1 Like

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by searay(m): 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
7footre:

Oh that's two years ago... rates have improved much now. if you want the cash readily available, you can try any of the two banks above
Please what's the minimum amount for the Tbills?
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by betaessays: 3:51pm On Jan 26, 2017
try MMM and all other ponzi schemes
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Sodijan(m): 3:52pm On Jan 26, 2017
Na GTB i dey use nd pay me 2;56% in every month
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by 2tek: 4:05pm On Jan 26, 2017
MMM
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by yedidiah(m): 4:06pm On Jan 26, 2017
Certainly not eco bank. They deduct more than they pay so at the end of the month, your balance doesn't go up but down.

1 Like

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by 7footre(m): 4:08pm On Jan 26, 2017
searay:
Please what's the minimum amount for the Tbills?

247Dior:
bro please enlighten me about this TREASURY BILL. kynbasil@yahoo.com.. tnx

Please do well to check out the thread on nigerian treasury bills in the investment section of nairaland

Tips you can get as much as 17.5% or more if you do a one year tenure or 14.3% or more if you do 90 days
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by diva90: 4:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
MMM bank cheesy
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by omoharry(f): 4:51pm On Jan 26, 2017
Adesiji77:

If you have idle cash (N100K and above) that you can spare for up to 30 days but not more than 60 days, you can go for fixed deposit.

For 91 days and above, I will suggest TBills. Current rates are the best that you can get in recent times. Be right back with the last stop rates.
Is ARM good recommendation for investment?
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Mbediogu(m): 5:15pm On Jan 26, 2017
Godmother:

If the rates have gotten better that will be good o and one can now consider it sef.

I have 3 pieces of advice for those who want to be richer.
Firstly invest your money.
Secondly invest your money.
Thirdly invest your money.
Start with short and medium term trials.
That's all. Saving money in banks is lazy man's style. Where are monies invested in Savannah and Allied banks? Many more banks are anemic and some in coma. Thank me later.

2 Likes

Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by aalangel(f): 5:27pm On Jan 26, 2017
Who still bothers about Interest Rate these days?
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Kabir2Mohammad(m): 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2017
Godmother:

This explanation is so detailed, thanks. But mehn, these banks are terrible o; 4.2% per annum! It will favour me to put the money under my bed or dig a hole in the ground.

lol
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by otunbacarter(m): 5:48pm On Jan 26, 2017
Who can tell me more about treasury bills
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by uckennety(m): 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2017
7footre:
1st bank and ecobank try for mua .... but if you don't have immediate need for the money, you can try treasury bills.. it's safe and much better

Wts treasury bills
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Roseey0(f): 6:38pm On Jan 26, 2017
Most people don't know they forfeit their interest when they withdraw more than 3times from their saving account in a month.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Roseey0(f): 6:43pm On Jan 26, 2017
otunbacarter:
Who can tell me more about treasury bills
Lending your money to Nigerian govt .
Interest is paid upfront.
As at Oct/ Nov last yr, interest rose to about 17℅.
Most Nigerian bank accept from 500k and above with option of 30, 90, 180, 365 days
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Plus234(m): 6:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
Roseey0:

Lending your money to Nigerian govt .
Interest is paid upfront.
As at Oct/ Nov last yr, interest rose to about 17℅.
Most Nigerian bank accept from 500k and above with option of 30, 90, 180, 365 days

thats sound interesting, if i know about this b4 my interest will amount to millions by now
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by masterplan303(m): 7:37pm On Jan 26, 2017
Wuminity:
GT Bank is the best, infact i love the bank, based on savings account.
My interest is always at the end of the month, meanwhile it increases month by month if i did not touch the money before the month ends.
Iro ti pa e wunmi...oya jewo you be gtb staff. grin
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Wuminity(f): 7:52pm On Jan 26, 2017
masterplan303:
Iro ti pa e wunmi...oya jewo you be gtb staff. grin
grin grin Fear God now, i am not.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Icon79(m): 8:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
Godmother:

I tried TBills two years ago with First Bank and was given 9.6% . Would have gone for it again but want the cash available.

Are you guys serious? Does T Bills offer a better interest rates than the Fixed Deposit?

Godmother and @7footre, abeg comment. If so I will move my money to T-bills once it matures in a few months.
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by bakry86: 9:21pm On Jan 26, 2017
Adesiji77:

I can authoritatively say that most banks (if not all) pay 4.2% per annum.

The reason for this is simple: The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), being the regulator of the banking industry, directed banks to pay a minimum of 30 per cent of the Monetary Policy Rate (MPR) as interest on savings accounts.

The MPR is an interest rate at which CBN lends to commercial banks. It is also the benchmark rate by which the apex bank determines interest rate.

Currently, MPR is 14%. 30% of 14%=4.2%

While the minimum is 4.2%, most banks pay just the minimum. This enables them to reduce their interest expense and make more profits cheesy

This is understandable; banks, like every profit-oriented business, wants to make as much profit as possible.

4.2% per annum?
wen mmm gvs 30% per month. smh
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by democrat001(m): 9:26pm On Jan 26, 2017
I have asked myself some questions on how banks calculate commission on turnover especially when import is involved. But I do not have a definite answer to them. some banks exclude value of letter of credit from the customer's induced debits while others include such transactions in the turnover for the month before charging COT. is there no standard guideline on this? And should banks charge COT on LC transactions even after taking a spread of 50k each on the exchange rate between Naira and USD?
Re: What Bank Pays The Best Interest Rate For Savings Account In Nigeria? by Largernonso(m): 10:13pm On Jan 26, 2017
mmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anthony Enukem Tonimas: Champion Of Think Home Philosophy In Igbo Land-photos / UBA Security Guard Returns N3m He Found On The Ground. Tony Elumelu Honours Him / See Why Loan App Operators Disgrace Most Of Their Customers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.