Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,316 members, 7,829,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction (959 Views)

University Otuoke Female Student Who Took Tramadol Dies During Sex In Bayelsa / See A Young Lady's 1st Text To Freind, After 3 Months In Coma (pics) / I'm Addicted To Codeine , Weed, Tramadol And Many More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction by Nobody: 8:47am On Jan 26, 2017
Hello Nairalanders, my close freind started taking tramadol after his accident in 2014 to control pains, and has since then been leaving on the drugs. It has gotten to a stage that he now takes average of 600mg daily. he now seams to be adicted to the drugs as he finds it very difficult to cope without the drugs. The good thing is that he wishes to discontinue the use of this drugs, but finding it very difficult as his body system dosn't seem to be functional well except he uses this drugs, which he takes 200mg 3 times daily b4 he'll sound.
Please professionals in the house help advise him on hw best to fight this adiction. Thanking you all in anticipation of your support.
Re: Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction by wydmag(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2017
Just to be on the safer side, tell you friend to visit a doctor, Psychologist, Therapist for professional advice. prayer alone can't solve the problem, he also needs you to stand by him but he also must be prepared to stay off the drugs
Re: Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction by toyeoye(m): 9:10am On Jan 26, 2017
He is playing with kidney failure. Pls let him read up on how terrible and painful and expensive treatments are. That should scare him. All the best
Re: Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction by Harris90(m): 9:13am On Jan 26, 2017
bro it's not easy to suddenly stop the use of the drug or opiate as commonly called by professionals because 600mg a day is really massive and if he stops his body system will not be able to cope without it. he will start having withdrawals Symptoms of weakness in the general body system, inability to sleep, total restlessness. I'm saying this because I once was an addict too but went through hell to fight it and said I wasn't going back because the earlier he stops tut the better for him.
it's a good thing already that he wants to leave the drug but the beat way to go bout it is not to stop all of a sudden, he has to withdraw from it gradually, like example since he is always on 600 a day he should reduce it to like 400mg for like 2 weeks that will help his brain to adapt to new change in doses then after two weeks he reduces to like 200mg or 150 and so on. it's the best way to withdraw as his is somewhat high
I was on 200mg a day and I knew what I went through to finally withdraw from the nightmare of a drug and the truth is blame our physicians who strongly recommend such poison as a drug for patients, and you need to always be with him during this process or his loved once .
how old is he by the way?
believe me bro it's hard and he cannot stop fully at once, just follow the steps I mentioned OK.. good luck to your friend. he needs to do a Lil research about it also, I'm sure there are some medical blogs in the internet where he can read about other people having the same issues and learn, feel good about himself cos it's not the end of the world. good luck again
Re: Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction by Nobody: 11:28am On Jan 26, 2017
@harris90 I must confess to u that ur advise will go a long way in helping the situation. I'll surely transfer this advise to him, and I pray God will give him the grace to overcome this. Thank u once again.
Re: Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction by Harris90(m): 12:23pm On Jan 26, 2017
EFOLK5:
@harris90 I must confess to u that ur advise will go a long way in helping the situation. I'll surely transfer this advise to him, and I pray God will give him the grace to overcome this. Thank u once again.
you're welcome bro
Re: Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction by Brown14: 3:08pm On Jan 26, 2017
Wow this is something.
Well to stop using tramadol by going cold turkey I.e stopping at once can have bad effects.lack of sleep restlessness, nervousness and so on.
Personally I don't think tramadol has any long term effect (cos ave done lots of research bout it) but u become dependent on it over time.so u can tell ur friend to consult a doctor who can help with other drugs to help with the side effects of withdrawal.
Re: Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction by Nobody: 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2017
Brown14:
Wow this is something.
Well to stop using tramadol by going cold turkey I.e stopping at once can have bad effects.lack of sleep restlessness, nervousness and so on.
Personally I don't think tramadol has any long term effect (cos ave done lots of research bout it) but u become dependent on it over time.so u can tell ur friend to consult a doctor who can help with other drugs to help with the side effects of withdrawal.

Thank you very much, I knw this will go along way in helping him out.

RESPECT!

1 Like

Re: Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction by RxH8: 10:38am On Jan 27, 2017
The process of stopping the drug may be gradual or sudden as suggested. However, for individuals that have been on mega doses of tramadol for long periods, stopping without proper professional support may not always be safe. Furthermore, it usually requires more than personal will to manage craving and prevent relapse. Let me know if you have additional questions.
Re: Help My Freind Fight Tramadol Adiction by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 28, 2017
I remain grateful to every one that contributed to this, I pray God to position his Angels to attain to your needs in Jesus name. AMEN

(1) (Reply)

The Most Effective Natural Remedy For Melting Kidney Stones And Gall Bladder. / Natural Remedy For Weak Erection, Low Sperm,low Libido & Premature Ejaculation. / Please Help A Friend Financially Concerning His Kidney Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.