Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:30 AM

Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku (2321 Views)

2019: President Buhari’ll Call To Congratulate Me As President – Kingsley Moghal / Obasanjo & IBB Rock Customized Caps,campaign For Youths To Win 2019 President(pi / Igbo Leaders & Hamza Almustapha Meet Prof Ango Abdullahi (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by ERockson: 8:56am On Jan 26, 2017
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by ERockson: 9:01am On Jan 26, 2017
These people hate OBJ for no reason. I can,t figure out what bad things Obj did to igbo in the past after appointed their sons and daughters to enviable position that brought them to limelight.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by ERockson: 9:06am On Jan 26, 2017
MASSOB described Obasanjo's call for an Igbo presidency in 2019 as a sign of being jittery

- The group said it cannot take the former president serious The Movement for the Actualisation of s Sovereign State Of Biafra (MASSOB) has lashed out former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo after he rooted for an Igbo presidency for 2019. Obasanjo revealed this on Tuesday, January 24, while hosting the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN), Ogun state chapter, at his Abeokuta Hilltop residence.
He said: “Irrespective of the thinking of the people ahead of 2019, I personally think that South-East should have a go at the Presidency too. READ ALSO: Keep your presidency, on Biafra we stand, Igbos tell Obasanjo Vanguard however reports that MASSOB said they will not take the former president serious as he might just want to use the Igbos for his own gain.

The group said: “Nobody should rejoice over the statement by Obasanjo because he will never do or say anything good about Igbo. For him to solicit for Igbo president is not in the interest of Ndigbo. “It could also be that he is afraid of the emergence of Alhaji Atiku Abubakar as the next president and he is, therefore, trying to work against the man by pretending to be on the side of the Igbo.
“We in MASSOB cannot take him serious. If he means to show remorse for all the wrong things he did against Igbo, he should first of all pay solidarity visits to the Ohanaeze Ndigbo,and the traditional and religious leaders in this area. Chief Abia Onyike who is a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party described the call for Igbo presidency as superficial. He said: “That can happen through genuine re-structuring of the system and a return to genuine federalism. Talking of Igbo presidency is deceitful and superficial. It is either we restructure or be prepared for de- amalgamation.

Uzoma Nkem-Abonta who is a member of the House of Representative described Obasanjo as an elder statesman but wondered if he was rational. READ ALSO: What Obasanjo and Jonathan discussed when they met He said: “Obasanjo calling for South East President in 2019 could be rational, could be real, it could be proper. Perhaps, he is realising all the unfair and unkind things he did to the South-East.

“Obasanjo as an elder statesman, is he sincere for calling for the presidential candidate now coming from South East knowing that the incumbent ordinarily, naturally and from political arrangement will want to do two tenures?
“Is it not an arrangement to throw spanner into political arrangement already done? With all the intent of that statement, we should look for the idea in him, the reason for saying that.” NAIJ.com
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by ironheart(m): 9:18am On Jan 26, 2017
Hahahahaha, not surprised, thats how they have been, in the end, they blame others for there woes

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by LordAdam7: 9:19am On Jan 26, 2017
Everybody in Nigeria knows Igbos cannot produce the President in 2019.

It is politically impossible!

Even if Buhari dies today, it is a Yoruba person that will take over. In 2019, either he recontests or a Northerner contests to complete their 8 years.

If Buhari is not incapacitated and he chooses to recontest, he will become the President and complete his 8 years. If he chooses to step down, he will be replaced by a Northerner. Between Atiku, Saraki, el Rufia, Lamido, or Kwankwaso.

The major opposition party has zoned 2019 presidential slot to the North.

Even the new mega party will zone the 2019 presidential slot to the North.

So, all students of Nigerian history and politics know Baba was just pulling legs and making comparisons.

No Igbo group will take that endorsement as anything more than OBJ's foxy tactics.

So the North would leave their many Presidential aspirants and vote for an Igbo presidential candidate?

Or will the Yorubas leave Osibanjo to vote for an Igbo presidential candidate?

The SE/SS needs one of these regions to get up there, so who will vote in an Igbo presidential candidate in 2019?

OBJ should be apologizing for supporting PMB against GEJ, not giving USELESS endorsements.

-Lord

9 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by eyeview: 9:30am On Jan 26, 2017
Disregard that news. It's a calculated lie from Atiku's camp.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by signz: 9:31am On Jan 26, 2017
Igbo political elites have been talking for some weeks now regarding 2019.

If all things become equal, they'll prefer to pitch their tent with a Buhari that has only one term than Atiku that'll likely go for 2 term.

A serious campaign for Igbo Presidency in 2023 is about to start. Infact that is the project of this new Ohaneze leadership.

That is why most of our political elites will soon jump into APC and it has already started with OUK, Arthur Eze, Ken Nnamani, etc joining APC. So we shouldn't be suprised if Ike Ekweremadu and Govs of SE region cross carpets to APC in the coming months

Once concensus is reached on Buhari, he will clear the votes of Igboland in 2019.

Except the so called mega party have some thing up their sleeves undecided
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by ERockson: 9:42am On Jan 26, 2017
By 2023 even if the position is zoned to the south these set of people will still fail because it is obvious they don't know what they want. Some jobless will say they want Biafra, but those that matter don't want it.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by nabiz(m): 10:11am On Jan 26, 2017
signz:
Igbo political elites have been talking for some weeks now regarding 2019.

If all things become equal, they'll prefer to pitch their tent with a Buhari that has only one term than Atiku that'll likely go for 2 term.

A serious campaign for Igbo Presidency in 2023 is about to start. Infact that is the project of this new Ohaneze leadership.

That is why most of our political elites will soon jump into APC and it has already started with OUK, Arthur Eze, Ken Nnamani, etc joining APC. So we shouldn't be suprised if Ike Ekweremadu and Govs of SE region cross carpets to APC in the coming months

Once concensus is reached on Buhari, he will clear the votes of Igboland in 2019.

Except the so called mega party have some thing up their sleeves undecided

What the Igbos want is restructuring(federalism) the system and not the presidency which they believe atiku may consider.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by chansmokers: 10:13am On Jan 26, 2017
Ota baboon obasanjo cannot be trusted
I will rather trust a goat than that man
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by Swahili0(f): 10:14am On Jan 26, 2017
ERockson:
These people hate OBJ for no reason. I can,t figure out what bad things Obj did to igbo in the past after appointed their sons and daughters to enviable position that brought them to limelight.

u are crazy ..who broght who to limelight, iwithout igbos do u think obj will win his election, u yourbas should just furck of for all i care

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by Eledan: 10:15am On Jan 26, 2017
The most stringent and antagonist calls against an Igbo President will still come from the SE.
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by Swahili0(f): 10:18am On Jan 26, 2017
ERockson:

u yorubas disgust me, u guys can play ur hypocritical polities alone, no body needs yorubas furcking help
obj been the president is it not his duty to appoint other tribe, y are u saying it as if is an an acheivement..gosh

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 26, 2017
ERockson:

What are you talking about? Is MASSOB or whatever they called themselves Igbo? They are a tiny group of the Igbo race and can't represent Igbo opinion on any platform whatsoever.
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by Swahili0(f): 10:25am On Jan 26, 2017
what a useless country
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by ERockson: 10:38am On Jan 26, 2017
OBJ is known to be very blunt politician when it comes to taking a position on democratic leadership of this country. It is better igbos take Obj serious and wake up from their political slumber.
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by ERockson: 10:42am On Jan 26, 2017
Swahili0:

u yorubas disgust me, u guys can play ur hypocritical polities alone, no body needs yorubas furcking help
obj been the president is it not his duty to appoint other tribe, y are u saying it as if is an an acheivement..gosh

Yoruba disgusts you,
Hausa disgusts you,
Fulani disgusts you
Ijaw disgusts you
You must be the disgusting being

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by Swahili0(f): 10:43am On Jan 26, 2017
ERockson:

Yoruba disgusts you,
Hausa disgusts you,
Fulani disgusts you
Ijaw disgusts you
You must be the disgusting being

is only yorubas that disgust me, get dat into ur head

they are hypocrites,

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by chijiblaze(m): 10:47am On Jan 26, 2017
If OBJ wanted an Igbo president why did he go against Ekwueme in 1999?

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by ucheo: 10:51am On Jan 26, 2017
Truth be told...Atiku knows Nigeria and the politics and also has a powerful pedigree while being a successful business man.
Igbo or no igbo we need leaders now nit thosé chose by sentiments
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by drss2(m): 10:55am On Jan 26, 2017
massob made a good point. one tin i know about OBJ is dat any tin he support is purely made out of his own interest, not d interest of d person whom he support. #greensnake

2 Likes

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by drss2(m): 10:59am On Jan 26, 2017
ironheart:
Hahahahaha, not surprised, thats how they have been, in the end, they blame others for there woes
if u tink Igbo presidency is our major problem den u have been decieved.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by lovat(m): 11:01am On Jan 26, 2017
ironheart:
Yhe headline is misleading

Boy, Grow up or use fertilizer if you have stunted growth
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by steppin: 11:02am On Jan 26, 2017
They prefer Atiku? The mods should ban these urchins from posting false information here.
The Op deliberately posted the link to the article only, without posting the details.
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by Odingo1: 11:20am On Jan 26, 2017
ERockson:
Who made Obasanjo the President in 1999 ,[/b] Yoruba rejected him in 1999[b],Igbos voted massively for him and he run his government with Igbos.Yoruba hate Obasanjo for handing over power to Shagari instead of Owolowo not the Igbos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by ironheart(m): 11:27am On Jan 26, 2017
lovat:
Yhe headline is misleading

Boy, Grow up or use fertilizer if you have stunted growth
your comment though. I blame free MB
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by ironheart(m): 11:32am On Jan 26, 2017
drss2:
if u tink Igbo presidency is our major problem den u have been decieved.
i believe the igbo race are the architect of their own failure, i say this because they cannot be united. Quote me anywhere
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by Swahili0(f): 11:40am On Jan 26, 2017
Odingo1:

Who made Obasanjo the President in 1999 ,[/b] Yoruba rejected him in 1999[b],Igbos voted massively for him and he run his government with Igbos.Yoruba hate Obasanjo for handing over power to Shagari instead of Owolowo not the Igbos.

DONT mind those hypocrites
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by lovat(m): 11:41am On Jan 26, 2017
ironheart:
your comment though. I blame free MB
if only you can check my old post to know if i won't feed you for donkey years
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by ironheart(m): 11:43am On Jan 26, 2017
lovat:
if only you can check my old post to know if i won't feed you for donkey years
i did bro n i can see its full of insult n that tells me the kind of person u are n a waste of my time replying you after this
Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by owodokiri: 11:50am On Jan 26, 2017
Swahili0:

u are crazy ..who broght who to limelight, iwithout igbos do u think obj will win his election, u yourbas should just furck of for all i care

Nne leave matter for marthias...We dont call them AK 47 mouths for nothing. You havent heard them claim they gave Jonathan the presidency when you and i know it was Akunyili that stirred the hornest nest during the dying days of Yardua, they will claim to be the first to produce this and the first to produce that , that the have the longest runway in the whole world, even if the airport in question looks like the one you will see in the movie "blood diamond" first Tv, first radio, first gramaphone, first ihie nile, sooooo teyyy, that weirdly looking alfa at Osogbo government house went and used his last penny to contruct a drum that you will need to climb an elevator to use, all in a bid to be the one with the "tallest drum" in the univers! Ihe ukwu mere.. Follow them and you will think you can not breath without them since they are "first liars" in the world..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Leaders Blast Obj, Reject 2019 President Slot, Prefer Atiku by hysteriabox(m): 1:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
nabiz:

What the Igbos want is restructuring(federalism) the system and not the presidency which they believe atiku may consider.

And what best way to get it by clinching the highest office of the land. GEJ, knowing the amount of resources put into the national conference and how much nigeria needed it shoukd av ensured its full implementation, but nooo, he chose to play politics with it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

See Nigerians Reactions To New Photos Of President Buhari And Senate Leaders / Yoruba Youths Spit Fire / RIP TO MYSELF” Nigerian Lady, Wish Herself Death Reasons Will Shock You [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.