Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Quiet Time - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Quiet Time (412 Views)

Obasanjo: If Jesus Were In Nigeria Today, He Would Not Keep Quiet / 6 Tools To A Successful Daily Quiet Time / Those Attacking Me Now Kept Quiet When El-rufai Tweeted Hate Speech - Suleiman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Quiet Time by oshdamee(m): 1:50pm On Jan 26, 2017
HOW TO HAVE A PERSONAL QUIET TIME

In this topic we will be examining the following sub topics
a) What is Quite Time?
b) Why is Quite Time Personal?
C) How to Have a Quite Time
d) Benefits of having a Quiet Time

a) What is Quit Time
Quite Time is a time a Christian shut out noise, distractions and people to meet with God. (Luke 6:12 )
Quite Time is a separated time to pray to God, hear from God and dailogue with God. (Luke 6:12 )
Quiet Time is a time to effectively mediate on God's Word. (Psalm 104:34, 119:97, 99)
Quite Time is the combination of Prayer, The Word, Praises & worship, Meditation, and Study )
Quite Time is not only Prayer.

b) Why is Quite Time Personal?
1) God has made it an attitude to speak frequently with people personally
I) Daniel ( Daniel 2:9)
II) Paul (Acts 9:1- 7)
III) Moses (Exodus 3:3- 6)
IV) Abraham ( Genesis 12:1, Isaiah 55:2)
V) Noah ( Genesis 6:cool

2) God oftentimes reveals deep Secret to people personally
I) Daniel (Daniel 2:9, 8:2, 10:cool

3) When it comes to the Issue of our Lives, God speaks personally.
I) Paul (Acts 9:1- 7)
II) Moses (Exodus 3:3- 6)
III) Abraham ( Genesis 12:1, Isaiah 55:2)

4) To maintain Consecration and avoid distractions

c) How To Have A Quite Time
1) It's a quite time you must take away and avoid things of noise which can and will distracts you (e.g People, Phones and gadgets)

2) A place should be Organise for your Quiet Time because it is not every where that is quite enough (Jesus meet with God on the mountain Like 6:12 & 9:28)

3) A Time should be mainted for your quite time because it is not every time that is quite depending on the house and area you live)
Best Time to have a quite time for people that works through out the day etc is early in the morning, note quite time can be done any time but in the morning is better,
a) Our body has rested through the out the night so it free from stress or weakness.
b) By meeting God First, makes Him your priority daily. (Psalm 63:1)
c) It prepares you to face your day.

4) A duration should be Maintainted and can be increased as the Spirit leads but this just to keep you in check not to use less than the time you are expected to use.

Things Needed
1) Concentration of the Heart
2) Quietness
3) The Bible (Different Versions if possible)
4) Writing Materials (Biro and Note)
5) Dictionary
6) Study Bible or Concordance

Benefits
You know God better ( John 17:4, Hosea 6:6)
God will talk to you (Exodus 3:4)
Your Character will be changing in terms of strength, weakness and fruits (2Cor. 3:18)
It grows your Spiritual Life which enhances your Spiritual Sestivity (1Peter 2:2, 2Peter 3:18).
It helps your gifts to grow and expand (e.g Dreams, Visions etc)
God will give you revelations on personal life, career, family, others etc) (Ex 32:7)
Prayer
Personal Prayer each that God should help create a quite time,to others strengthen theirs and to some to rebuild theirs. Amen

(1) (Reply)

Choosing A Life Partner: Premarital Sex Factor / Sex Scandal: Apostle Suleman Demands Apology, N1bn From Keyamo. / I Need Media Ideas For My Church 1 Year Anniversary.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.