Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,251 members, 7,818,871 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. (38845 Views)

My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) / Why Onitsha Port And Baro Port Can't Function For Now (Photos) / Relics And Scrap As Trains! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by UceeTrust(m): 9:07am On Jan 27, 2017
mayorchelsea:
For the religious lunatics,these are the same white people that brought Christianity to us and at the same time sold many Africans into slavery;imagine humans buying and selling other humans.
My dear, you read my mind. I am beginning to question the essence of Christianity and Islamic religion in Africa because those that brought this religion to us as a way of life did more damages than good. Imagine selling our great great grand fathers as slaves. Our so called leaders in Africa, should be made to visit this slave museum once in every six months so that they can always remember that
1. Enough is enough of African slavery not longer from white men but the black man himself.
2. Emancipation of Africa from depending on white men for our daily needs. Everything we can think of that we use basically here is being produced by this white guys.
3. It time to develop Africa.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by mayorchelsea(m): 9:24am On Jan 27, 2017
UceeTrust:
My dear, you read my mind. I am beginning to question the essence of Christianity and Islamic religion in Africa because those that brought this religion to us as a way of life did more damages than good. Imagine selling our great great grand fathers as slaves. Our so called leaders in Africa, should be made to visit this slave museum once in every six months so that they can always remember that
1. Enough is enough of African slavery not longer from white men but the black man himself.
2. Emancipation of Africa from depending on white men for our daily needs. Everything we can think of that we use basically here is being produced by this white guys.
3. It time to develop Africa.
These whitemen would buy and sell Africans and have them work on their plantations and factories like bulls and on Sundays,go to church and sing hymns glorifying God while Islam crept into Nigeria and some other countries through Jihad led by Uthman Dan Fodio conquering towns and fighting kings who refuse to surrender to Islam as a religion. At the end of all of these,religion is very personal; between you and God.It's quite unfortunate how African leaders still continue to enslave their people. Corruption and embezzlement of public funds,refusal to relinquish power to winners of elections and these leaders have one religion or the other that they practice. I don't know any of them who is an atheist yet they keep their people in modern day slavery, it's time for Africa to awake.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by richeso: 10:57am On Jan 27, 2017
mummyson26:
nice one

this pic should be made very loud so Africans can read it. many don't even know this. i am very surprise to read it too
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by gmoni2(m): 1:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
Vanpascore:
Where is Ajayi Crowther??

Ajayi Crowther was sold from Oyo to a slave marchant and then he first landed in the Gambia, later was brought to Sierra-Leone to testify against his captors, he got his education in Sierra-Leone and later came back to Nigeria.Slave trade was a popular thing in West Africa and our Yoruba people contributed a lot to it, that's the reason you have a large Yoruba population in Sierra-Leone and the Gambia, they are called Krio (Christians) Aku (Muslims).
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by gmoni2(m): 1:13pm On Jan 27, 2017
adecz:
What people should know about slave trade is that, it was our own people that caught & enslaved their fellow brothers, oyibo just came to buy what our black dealers were selling. Oyibo did not enter the country to catch slaves. If your own people can be heartland, merciless & greedy enough to catch & enslave you for money, why do you expect oyibo to treat you any better? In fact, when oyibo later decided to end the evil trade, the African kingdoms & dealers who were making so much money from enslaving & selling their brothers, bitterly resisted it. The Fulani & Borno slave raiding of the middle belt tribes started before oyibo came to Africa. undecided

Fulani came to Nigeria in the late 18 century.
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by otipoju(m): 2:44pm On Jan 27, 2017
Life4Varnity:

Thats your business

who u epp ?

You see your life outside. How about the " Local " that you guys do, Abi your fellow Nigerians who are struggling to make a living offend you too?

Like I said keep lying to yourself and soothing your conscience. One day your eye go clear.

I will rather be deal with a thief who knows and accepts hat he is one ( at least he has integrity) than a deluded thief who thinks he is a freedom fighter.

You are a thief, no matter how many lies or Hennessy you drink to numb your conscience.

You are a weak soul, strong men don't steal from others.
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Life4Varnity: 4:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
otipoju:

You see your life outside. How about the " Local " that you guys do, Abi your fellow Nigerians who are struggling to make a living offend you too?

Like I said keep lying to yourself and soothing your conscience. One day your eye go clear.

I will rather be deal with a thief who knows and accepts hat he is one ( at least he has integrity) than a deluded thief who thinks he is a freedom fighter.

You are a thief, no matter how many lies or Hennessy you drink to numb your conscience.

You are a weak soul, strong men don't steal from others.

You can never understand............

SMILES...
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by otipoju(m): 6:26pm On Jan 27, 2017
Life4Varnity:

You can never understand............

SMILES...

I pray never to understand how stealing from anyone can be justified... Smile all you want, it won't change what you are " a thief" no matter what fancy name you give it. Ole ni ole nje.

Right now I am done with you because it's really condescending for me to be talking to a thief.
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Life4Varnity: 8:18pm On Jan 27, 2017
otipoju:

I pray never to understand how stealing from anyone can be justified... Smile all you want, it won't change what you are " a thief" no matter what fancy name you give it. Ole ni ole nje.

Right now I am done with you because it's really condescending for me to be talking to a thief.

see mugun....

OYO lo wa
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Vanpascore(m): 9:05pm On Jan 27, 2017
Thanks for the enlightenment
gmoni2:

Ajayi Crowther was sold from Oyo to a slave marchant and then he first landed in the Gambia, later was brought to Sierra-Leone to testify against his captors, he got his education in Sierra-Leone and later came back to Nigeria.Slave trade was a popular thing in West Africa and our Yoruba people contributed a lot to it, that's the reason you have a large Yoruba population in Sierra-Leone and the Gambia, they are called Krio (Christians) Aku (Muslims).
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by citadels(f): 9:18pm On Jan 27, 2017
valdes00:
Make up wahala!
I Just got a call from a friend who said his wife woke up this morning and started applying her makeup right on bed around 5:15am there on the bed without bathing......
Husband stared at her and asked - "Have you lost your mind ?" Why on earth are you making up this early
She Replies
"I need to unlock my phone, it's on face recognition and it doesn't recognise me.
hahahahaha. madness in the highest order
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 8:11am On Mar 13, 2017
mellinjaga:
so the white came and start putting chains on blacks, getting them ready for transportation and the Kings and Queens, and the people folded their hands and allow it... Pls think it through and still tell me how it was possible.. No guards again, no hunters who can hunt the white beasts down etc.... I use common sense these days and not allow trash written by someone who tries not to take responsibility for his or her ancestors mistake and make change sink in to my mind....

Am a free thinker and I don't dwell on the bad that happened then only wanted to state out something cos of some comments I read here and for those that also thought the very same people that did all that will teach them to be better than them(whites)

A tiger eye gemstone will help see things clearly even as it all happened in the past only if u get 1 and know how to see with it... With the stone you will see this world is actually flat and not round like they lied and the sun is never in space but in this universe they called planet.. And also space as dark as melanin which is found in abundance in blacks or charcoal....

Man I know a whole lot of things and I speak my truth from my heart... Who wants to hear let him or her hear....

I can't be deceived anymore
I need your help please. How can I reach you. Reply as soon as possible
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 13, 2017
Giantslayer:
I need your help please. How can I reach you. Reply as soon as possible
how can I help you u
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 9:07pm On Mar 13, 2017
mellinjaga:
how can I help you u
ppease this is my email. Princealwell@gmail.com. I would love to have a discussion with you. It's important to me
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 29, 2017
mellinjaga:
how can I help you u
which other way can I reach you, please.
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Mar 29, 2017
Giantslayer:
which other way can I reach you, please.
ask me whatever you wish to know from me here
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 1:05pm On Mar 29, 2017
Giantslayer:
ppease this is my email. Princealwell@gmail.com. I would love to have a discussion with you. It's important to me
I sent you mail
Re: Pictures From The Badagry Slave Port And Slavery relics / Heritage Museum. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Mar 29, 2017
mellinjaga:
I sent you mail
thanks bro, you have been much helpful

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra International Cargo And Passenger Airport Umueri Update (Photos ) / All Passengers, New Wife, Killed In Accident In Abia (Graphic Photos) / Lagos Mainland Vs Island.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.