Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,762 members, 7,813,529 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria (2680 Views)

Nigeria Breweries To Intensify Local Raw Materials Sourcing For Improved Earning / A Nairalander Perfect Sourcing Of Agro Products With Ease / A Guide To Online Sourcing Of Wholesale Products (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by xprimate(m): 11:58pm On Jan 26, 2017
It is no longer news that Nigeria must diversify its economy or be doomed.Nigeria is known for its wealth in raw materials and minerals, but only 46.7% of raw materials are sourced within the country according to Lagos Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
Renaissance Capital reports that manufacturing has become major economic driver, as it was witnessing growth which surpassed those of oil and gas, telecommunication and agriculture. Part of the decline in manufacturing in sector in recent time among other factor is poor quality of raw materials and insufficient supply of them within the country.
This thread is primarily for those who wants to go into or are into the business of sourcing raw material for manufactures and industries to share their experiences, connect and guide newbies into this expedition.
Let the ship set sail!
P.S. lets try as much as possible to keep the discussion within this thread for the benefit of all.
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by SFSNIPER(m): 12:05am On Jan 27, 2017
Any manufacturer or recycler that needs satchet water or plastic waste should send a mail to lordbaruka@gmail.com
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by ghettowriter(m): 12:14am On Jan 27, 2017
Interesting thread. am planning of starting the supply of soya beans to manufacturers. I have the links and details already. Just waiting to raise some more cash to start with.
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by xprimate(m): 12:47am On Jan 27, 2017
ghettowriter:
Interesting thread. am planning of starting the supply of soya beans to manufacturers. I have the links and details already. Just waiting to raise some more cash to start with.
nice one ghettowriter. have you any idea the kind species of soya beans the company require and things like moisture content and quantity the company needs and how often. i believe this will go a long way in determining your success.
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by ghettowriter(m): 1:04am On Jan 27, 2017
xprimate:

nice one ghettowriter. have you any idea the kind species of soya beans the company require and things like moisture content and quantity the company needs and how often. i believe this will go a long way in determining your success.

The company am in touch with are into soya meal for the feed mill industry and refined edible oil. For the moisture I learned its btw 9 to 13%. The quantity they accept is from 30bags upwards if u are selling direct. There is also the option of merging ur materials with someone.
besides, thanks for d advice.

1 Like

Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by menama(m): 5:12am On Jan 27, 2017
SFSNIPER:
Any manufacturer or recycler that needs satchet water or plastic waste should send a mail to lordbaruka@gmail.com

What type of plastic waste do you have?
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by dharmielle: 4:38am On Jan 28, 2017
ghettowriter:
Hi, please how can one begin this business? I sent you a pm. Kindly respond
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by ghettowriter(m): 9:19am On Jan 28, 2017
dharmielle:

Hi, please how can one begin this business? I sent you a pm. Kindly respond

Getting into the soybean business is actually easy.

Firstly, you'll need a buyer ( either the manufacturing company or a supplier).

Then you visit any foodstuffs market in your state of residence (preferably the bush markets) and ask of prices. from the difference of buying & selling prices minus logistics you make interest.

Afther you trade a couple of times, you can even be buying on credit, transport them to the manufacturer, get paid, then you pay back. Soybean are in high demand presently.

You might also want to read this, to get a clearer picture on the market demand in Nigeria :

http://agronigeria.com.ng/soya-beans-opportunity-in-supply-and-commercial-usage-not-fully-tapped/#

1 Like

Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by xprimate(m): 5:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
ghettowriter:

Then you visit any foodstuffs market in your state of residence (preferably the bush markets) and ask of prices. from the difference of buying & selling prices minus logistics you make interest.

Afther you trade a couple of times, you can even be buying on credit, transport them to the manufacturer, get paid, then you pay back. Soybean are in high demand presently.

You might also want to read this, to get a clearer picture on the market demand in Nigeria :

http://agronigeria.com.ng/soya-beans-opportunity-in-supply-and-commercial-usage-not-fully-tapped/#

Good job ghettowriter , these are the kind of post that will keep this thread alife. Also I believe the north(i think Kaduna) has a comparative advantage in soy beans planting, you may want to start from their. You should make use of the railroads, it can cut transportation cost drasticaly

1 Like

Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by menama(m): 8:49pm On Jan 28, 2017
SFSNIPER:

Do do have waste non PET plastics, ?eg jericans, buckets, etc. injection, blowing, car bumper? We buy any quantity you have, minimum of 5tons though
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by Theophinio(m): 8:24pm On Oct 03, 2022
ghettowriter:

Good evening boss

Are you still in this supply business

1 Like

Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by ghettowriter(m): 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2022
Theophinio:

Good evening boss

Are you still in this supply business

Yes, i am. Are you interested?
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by WhizdomXX(m): 10:56pm On Oct 03, 2022
ghettowriter:

I'm interested. How Can I reach you?

1 Like

Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by Theophinio(m): 11:07am On Oct 04, 2022
ghettowriter:

Am very interested boss

I need concrete information on how to go about it
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by ghettowriter(m): 5:06pm On Oct 05, 2022
Theophinio:

Am very interested boss

I need concrete information on how to go about it

Okey.

You can start by asking about the price of a bag of Soya beans in your area. You stand to profit more if you can get them from the foodstuffs market close to your residence. Then i will give you the price the company i sell to buys. If you deduct the differences + logistics you'll know the profit you stand to gain. Its quite simple.
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by ghettowriter(m): 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2022
WhizdomXX:

I'm interested. How Can I reach you?

We can chat right here.

Here is abit of info;

You can start by asking about the price of a bag of Soya beans in your area. You stand to profit more if you can get them from the foodstuffs market close to your residence. Then i will give you the price the company i sell to buys. If you deduct the differences + logistics you'll know the profit you stand to gain. Its quite simple.
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by Theophinio(m): 8:42pm On Oct 08, 2022
ghettowriter:

Okey.

I just asked a friend because am in a neighboring country for now

He said is #16k the last time he bought to sell

But he thinks it might have gone up a little now
Re: Sourcing Of Raw Materials For Manufacturers In Nigeria by Wfsholla90(m): 6:28am On Oct 25, 2022
Hello Farmers and Buyers.

Our name is Agrovent Enterprises and we deal in Soya Beans and Shea Butter agricultural value chain. We are located in Oke Ogun axis Oyo state.

If you are in need of a contact to supply you high quality Soya Beans and Shea Butter or Nut we are the plug toy can contact me on 0-8-0-6-4-8-6-6-0-9-5

We can supply in Tons or smaller unit.

A trial will convince you.

(1) (Reply)

Quickpaid Surveys And Data Entry Jobs: Scam Or No Scam? / Starting Coldroom Business With 650k,how Possible Is It? / Which Network is better, Etisalat Or Glo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.