Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,951 members, 7,817,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:50 PM

You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! (3510 Views)

Boiling Point Tutorials Ranks First In 2020 JAMB. / You'd Be Surprised You Use These Words Everyday But They Do Not Exist / Can Saliva Divinorum Be Cultivated In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by lexilla007(m): 5:26am On Jan 27, 2017
Do you know that the average saliva you have got in your mouth has a boiling point three times that of water?

What then is the boiling point of saliva ? Drop your answers as comments on Friday Facts.

https://ogunleyeakinola./2017/01/27/friday-facts-2/
Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by Tosejik: 5:34am On Jan 27, 2017
Hmmm.. The person below me should answer

3 Likes

Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 27, 2017
I believe the person below me should know.

2 Likes

Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by lavenderjade(m): 6:47am On Jan 27, 2017
lexilla007:

Do you know that the average saliva you have got in your mouth has a boiling point three times that of water?

What then is the boiling point of saliva ? Drop your answers as comments on Friday Facts.

100.16%
Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by donbrowser(m): 6:48am On Jan 27, 2017

1 Like

Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by alex81(m): 8:06am On Jan 27, 2017
3 times bp of water should be around 300°C na

2 Likes

Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by chemystery: 10:35am On Jan 27, 2017
846°C
Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by lexilla007(m): 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2017
lexilla007:

There are many controversies regarding the boiling point of human saliva. It is assumed that the boiling point of saliva is nearly three times than that of pure water (boiling point of pure water is 100° C ). But according to the mathematical calculations, it comes out to be 100.16° C .
Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by lexilla007(m): 12:45pm On Jan 27, 2017
alex81:
3 times bp of water should be around 300°C na
There are many controversies regarding the boiling point of human saliva. It is assumed that the boiling point of saliva is nearly three times than that of pure water (boiling point of pure water is 100° C ). But according to the mathematical calculations, it comes out to be 100.16° C .
Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by lexilla007(m): 12:47pm On Jan 27, 2017
donbrowser:

dey try do like Albert Einstein ehn... Na Google dey actually talk for you... anyway there are many controversies regarding the boiling point of human saliva. It is assumed that the boiling point of saliva is nearly three times than that of pure water (boiling point of pure water is 100° C ). But according to the mathematical calculations, it comes out to be 100.16° C .
Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by lexilla007(m): 12:49pm On Jan 27, 2017
donbrowser:

you too dey form Isaac newton shey ? and if we check well well na google dey actually work for you. anyway there are many controversies regarding the boiling point of human saliva. It is assumed that the boiling point of saliva is nearly three times than that of pure water (boiling point of pure water is 100° C ). But according to the mathematical calculations, it comes out to be 100.16° C .
Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by alex81(m): 3:33pm On Jan 27, 2017
lexilla007:

I just followed d simple logic u posted up der.

so which one are we to go with

1 Like

Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by jaymichael(m): 5:46pm On Jan 27, 2017
Why would I want to boil saliva in the first place?

2 Likes

Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by pussydrill(m): 7:09pm On Jan 27, 2017
jaymichael:
Good question cheesy

2 Likes

Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by lexilla007(m): 7:17pm On Jan 27, 2017
jaymichael:

lols ordinary men don't seek answers to life big questions now, only thinkers like scientist do.
Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by lexilla007(m): 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2017
pussydrill:
Good question cheesy
knowledge they say is one step to wisdom.....simple as that.
Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by jaymichael(m): 7:23pm On Jan 27, 2017
lexilla007:

lols ordinary men don't seek answers to life big questions now, only thinkers like scientist do.
I do think, but not about boiling saliva.

1 Like

Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by lexilla007(m): 9:33pm On Jan 27, 2017
jaymichael:
I do think, but not about boiling saliva.

forgive me please, I am not saying you don't think but the thing is that scientist try to study things that we don't even count reasonable to give thought to. for example, Isaac Newton considered that if we throw a feather and a stone down together from the same height, given no air resistance, it will touch the ground at roughly the same time. Ever thought of that ? Newton did and that brought about the law of gravity..... so scientists question nature and try and give explanation to natural occurrences that we may not even think of.

1 Like

Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by lexilla007(m): 9:38pm On Jan 27, 2017
alex81:

I just followed d simple logic u posted up der.

so which one are we to go with

Good question... I for one with relatively no authority in science will go with mathematical calculations based on known facts because I don't really believe in assumptions. for me, assumption is the least level of knowledge.
Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by femo86(m): 7:21am On Jan 28, 2017
pussydrill:
Good question cheesy

Chai....your moniker no be here ooooo

Na wetin you dey drill Oga Oyel Driller
Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by Nobody: 9:22am On Jan 28, 2017
Your writeup says one time, you are saying another undecided

1 Like

Re: You Might Be Surprised By The Boiling Point Of The Saliva! by lexilla007(m): 9:32am On Jan 28, 2017
SirWere:
Your writeup says one time, you are saying another undecided

yeah that is kind of true... The thing is that I initially saw the post about salivas boiling point 3 times that of water on GT banks public page which I thought was cool to know. So I decided to share via my own accounts too only to discover after posting that there are varying opinions on the boiling point of saliva. Thus as a blogger who is only interested in sharing valid information on eeucation , I decided to correct matters.

(1) (Reply)

Did You Miss Your JAMB Exams? Get In Here [thread] / English As A Medium Unilag / 2011 Nnpc/addax Undergraduate Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.