Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,897 members, 7,814,033 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:24 AM

Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) (15765 Views)

Rumors Of Ortom's Plans To Join PDP Heightens As He Reconciles With Suswam / Governor Obiano Wears Police Uniform (Photos) / Buhari Cannot Be Forced To Address Nigerians On Rumors Of His Death- Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 8:45am On Jan 27, 2017
Amidst Rumors if Ill health, The Governor of Anambra State, Chief Willie Obiano, has returned from his short annual vacation in the United States.

Governor Obiano arrived Awka the state capital yesterday evening to the warm welcome of family, friends, colleagues and Ndi Anambra thereby dispelling malicious rumours of illness reported in some newspapers the day before.

Governor Obiano who was bustling with energy and vitality when he arrived the Governor’s Lodge in Amawbia seemed to have had a great time mapping out strategies on how to finish his first term in office on a strong note and endear himself to Ndi Anambra in readiness for the gubernatorial election that comes up later in the year.

Addressing the crowd that gathered to receive him on his arrival, Governor Obiano dismissed the story that he was flown overseas to receive treatment for an eye problem as a mere rumour that should be disregarded by Ndi Anambra.

“I went to the US for a short vacation. But I am back in Awka. I do not have any injuries anywhere. I am in a great shape. I have no problem at all with my health,” Governor Obiano declared while observing that the false story about his health may not have been unconnected with the people’s wish to see their governor again after being away for short while on vacation.

“Ndi Anambra were missing their governor. It is okay. I am back now! Dalunu,” he assured with a broad smile.

He explained that after observing a period of rest, he had returned to focus more intensely on meeting the expectations of the people and widening the circle of excellence that his administration has established in the state to ensure that Anambra assumes its full status as a pacesetter among all the states in the federation.

It would be recalled that Governor Obiano had embarked on an annual vacation in the first week of January after what was widely adjudged to be a remarkable year for him; a year that brought out his fighting spirit as he competently managed the affairs of the state in a manner that minimized the impact of the current recession on the vulnerable populations of the state.

http://mynaijainfo.com/2017/01/obiano-returns-us-vacation-dismisses-health-rumors/

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 8:47am On Jan 27, 2017
Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by sarrki(m): 8:53am On Jan 27, 2017
Great man

Weldone obiano

Long live obiano

Long live anambra

Long live federal republic of Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 27, 2017
Obiano bin die join too? Nawao for all these death rumors oo. grin

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 27, 2017
sarrki:
Great man

Weldone obiano

Long live obiano

Long live anambra

the Oba zombie himself keep your wishes to yourself,the last thing an igbo needs is well wishes from a yoruba man

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by rifasenate11(m): 8:59am On Jan 27, 2017
sarrki:
Great man
Weldone obiano
Long live obiano
Long live anambra
I laugh

8 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by DozieInc(m): 9:40am On Jan 27, 2017
Ok, Obiano is back.

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by eleojo23: 10:45am On Jan 27, 2017
Na wa for Nigerians and rumors o.

So anybody/politician that travels abroad for vacation now must be sick.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by babyfaceafrica: 10:45am On Jan 27, 2017
Nice one...thunder fire all rumour mongers
Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by Nobody: 10:45am On Jan 27, 2017
2017, the year of vacation and death rumours

3 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by liman56: 10:45am On Jan 27, 2017
DozieInc:
Ok, Obiano is back.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by voicelez: 10:45am On Jan 27, 2017
Speech from Bubu or I don't believe

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by nan1: 10:46am On Jan 27, 2017
SO ANY POLITICIAN ON VACATION NOW IS EITHER ILL OR DEAD?

I TIRE FOR NAIJA O

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by Cope1(m): 10:46am On Jan 27, 2017
Welcome back
U went to US for a short vacation later u will tell us to buy naija goods to grow d naira.
Just pity those brainwashed e-warriors who will go extra lent to defend u and ur cohorts. ie both the ones in apc, pdp and every other political party including apga

10 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by eleojo23: 10:46am On Jan 27, 2017
pk
Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by Lasskeey: 10:47am On Jan 27, 2017
cheesy
Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by CXLVII: 10:47am On Jan 27, 2017
Am sure he was deported from USA for signing too much unrealistic MOU

Jeez! Obiano can sign MOU with the dead! Always using it to deceive his people with absolutely nothing on ground t show for it.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by jesus500(m): 10:48am On Jan 27, 2017
Why are they not patronizing our hospitals? Will this country ever be great?

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by WaffenSS(m): 10:48am On Jan 27, 2017
Dunno why he dresses like a piimp.
Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by jidxin(m): 10:48am On Jan 27, 2017
wen i saw d word vacation I tot it was Buhari oooo
Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by MicroFuse: 10:48am On Jan 27, 2017
Thank God o, nno to you
Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 27, 2017
Welcome

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by linkers: 10:49am On Jan 27, 2017
Don't know the true colours of this man.
Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by damton(m): 10:50am On Jan 27, 2017
ANAMBRA11:
the Oba zombie himself keep your wishes to yourself,the last thing an igbo needs is well wishes from a yoruba man

So it's Yoruba's derision you want ?

Huh undecided

2 Likes

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by Reader1988: 10:54am On Jan 27, 2017
Buhari is alive. He was viewed watching TV in London. Please Baba come back so that I can get my Npower stipend for December. My state has not been paid.

Wish you a quick recovery
Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by PrymChois: 11:03am On Jan 27, 2017
Welcome back sir

1 Like

Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by Mouthgag: 11:15am On Jan 27, 2017
My presido will arrive soon too cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

Sai baba till 2023.
Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by freshinko: 11:20am On Jan 27, 2017
Forge ahead sir, no time to waste at all.
Re: Governor Obiano Returns From US Vacation, Dismisses Rumors Of Illness (Photo) by michoim(m): 11:21am On Jan 27, 2017
That is how evil people that God has punished from the beginning,spread rumours about someone health and death. The same evil people are also spreading Buhari death rumour.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Robbers Attack NPC Office In Lagos, Steal Birth Certificates / Tension Grips Nasarawa Over Supreme Court Judgement / Rescued Kuriga School Children Arrive Kaduna Government House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.