Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,132 members, 7,811,197 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:10 AM

Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec (4493 Views)

Poll: Which team is proceeding to the semis?

Manchester City: 30% (3 votes)
Arsenal: 70% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs Arsenal (3 - 2) On 28th February 2016 / Liverpool Vs Arsenal (3 - 3) On 13th January 2015 / CapitalOne-Cup: Manchester United Vs Newcastle (2 - 1) On 26th Sept 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by Sauron1: 11:08pm On Dec 02, 2009
akinalabi:

Lol!

Meanwhile Sauron, your darling razor was the pundit on HITV tonight

U gotta be kidding me. . . . .
Did she rip the GAYnners apart cos she's always biased against Wenger's boys? grin grin grin
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by dominique(f): 11:09pm On Dec 02, 2009
this is just devastating cry angry angry
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by akinalabi(m): 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

U gotta be kidding me. . . . .
Did she rip the GAYnners apart cos she's always biased against Wenger's boys? grin grin grin

She said something like Arsenal players are not good enough. She asked Deji Tinubu
that if you were to pick 11 players in the whole world, you wont pick any arsenal player
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 02, 2009
HNIC:

Ha ha ha
David
You are mad at Arsenal right now.
Rightly so.
But one question
Would u rather we fielded our best 11 tonight and maybe still lose, with a league match coming at the weekend?
I wasnt expecting us to win
The match is outta the way now
We can only look forward
Dont let the scummies and chavs around u mess with your mind!

May i ask why? We're supposed to be a "big" team. Man U would never lose to Man City even if they fielded youngsters. If we had played the Totenham team they played yesterday we would have lost . . . FACT.
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by 4Play(m): 11:12pm On Dec 02, 2009
akinalabi:

How do Arsenal fans sleep at night?

Lorazepam , midazolam , diazepam and propofol. Arsenal fans have got Michael Jackson's doctor to put them to sleep.
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by Sauron1: 11:14pm On Dec 02, 2009
akinalabi:

She said something like Arsenal players are not good enough. She asked Deji Tinubu
that if you were to pick 11 players in the whole world, you wont pick any arsenal player

Razorr is a mad babe. . . . . .GAYnners will stone his face with shit in Lagos soon.
Actually, i will pick Eboue in ma world XI.

Mark ma words. . . . .Eboue will become the MVP in next year's world cup. cheesy
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by akinalabi(m): 11:16pm On Dec 02, 2009
~Sauron~:

Mark ma words. . . . .Eboue will become the MVP in next year's world cup. cheesy

This will crash my lappy. I'm shutting down grin
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by Sauron1: 11:18pm On Dec 02, 2009
akinalabi:

This will crash my lappy. I'm shutting down grin

Do you know a better player than Eboue. . . .cos i dunno anyone better than Eboue on this planet.
Apart from his precocious skills, his British accent is mint when he gripes to the match officials.
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by nateevs(m): 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2009
Carling Cup is the competition for Arsenal to field young players. . Yet Wenger did not shake Hughes' hand after the match.
It's so evident he doesn't care.
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by 4Play(m): 11:19pm On Dec 02, 2009
Eboue and Silvestre are the most underated players in that Arsenal squad. Eboue is far better than Fabregas, IMHO.
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by proudly9ja(m): 11:24pm On Dec 02, 2009
Eboue/Fabregas??

Im trying hard not to gloat cos I feel the pain too but when during the summer some of us cried to high heavens that we didn't have a complete team yet, some people said we should keep quiet and watch.

Well 3 games, 7 goals conceededand none scored, I wonder when we should start panicking.

Meanwhile, I think the kids tonight showed more determination even though they lost. The first team shows no urgency and infact, the players who messed up today are from the first team. Rosicky comes to mind.

Let's move on and concentrate on the remaining cup competitions. I do not think the PL title has been won and lost yet and we still have the FA and CL to look forward to. All Arsene needs to do is spend some cash in January and we r there.

Some wise person once said that if you keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result, then there's something wrong somewhere. Someone needs to tell that to Monsieur Arsene.
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by dayokanu(m): 12:01am On Dec 03, 2009
how market?
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by aieromon(m): 12:18am On Dec 03, 2009
proudly9ja:

Eboue/Fabregas??

Im trying hard not to gloat cos I feel the pain too but when during the summer some of us cried to high heavens that we didn't have a complete team yet, some people said we should keep quiet and watch.

Well 3 games, 7 goals conceededand none scored, I wonder when we should start panicking.

Meanwhile, I think the kids tonight showed more determination even though they lost. The first team shows no urgency and infact, the players who messed up today are from the first team. Rosicky comes to mind.

Let's move on and concentrate on the remaining cup competitions. I do not think the PL title has been won and lost yet and we still have the FA and CL to look forward to. All Arsene needs to do is spend some cash in January and we r there.

Some wise person once said that if you keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result, then there's something wrong somewhere. Someone needs to tell that to Monsieur Arsene.

We've heard this line over and over again for the past 5 years.He had the opportunity to buy Arshavin but opted for the January window when he was already cup tied.Now's the turn of Chamakh/Balotelli.
Sometimes,i wonder what runs through the guy's veins.
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by lalaboi(m): 12:43am On Dec 03, 2009
Seeing the highlights now. . .

NA wa for this penalty referees they award nowadays
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by tkb417(m): 8:52am On Dec 03, 2009
gotta be kidding me. . . . .
Did she rip the GAYnners apart cos she's always biased against Wenger's boys?

the gurlie was yakking opaks

saying vela drops deep to collect ball for Ramsey shocked shocked shocked

she doesnt know jack!! grin grin grin

she actually said no arsenal player can be selected if they wanna pick the bext XI in the world
thts the only thing she got right truout the nite

but hey, the gurl no fine again o grin
awon draculas don enter her dragon

@topic
wenger is a poor psychologist. why lose a game when u just got battered by Chelsea?
how does this help the confidence level in the team?

una never jam this season grin grin
just be ready to lose 3-0 when we visit the emirates
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by Emperoh(m): 9:59am On Dec 03, 2009
No be say u talk!!
She no just wowo, she just didn't get it right. . . . . its not about featuring babes as Analysts
But please get girls that know what is on ground. . . . this is not a fashion show-off
We are talking of football here. .

I wonder why Wengey keeps throwing away the only trophy he has the capability to win.
He will come back and tell us its not his main target yet the ones he targets keeps eluding him
He had better stop clutching at straws. . . . . .the trophy cabinet is likely to remain dusty this season again!!
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by allboyz(m): 12:12pm On Dec 03, 2009
that girl dey come TOP 90.9Fm at times too and also on LTV sports. . .he's a Chav fan so what do you expect?

the Carling has never been a priority!!!
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by khanye(m): 12:24pm On Dec 03, 2009
Wit gratitude to God, we announce the untimely death of our brother,father,uncle and grandfather
Arsenal Football Club NEE GunnerZ.who fell ill on the 14th of nov(Sunderland), died on the 2
2nd of nov(Chelsea) and was buried quickly on the 2nd of dec 2009(Man city),
May he rest in PEACE! lol
grin cheesy
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by allboyz(m): 12:29pm On Dec 03, 2009
khanye:

Wit gratitude to God, we announce the untimely death of our brother,father,uncle and grandfather
Arsenal Football Club NEE GunnerZ.who fell ill on the 14th of nov(Sunderland), died on the 2
2nd of nov(Chelsea) and was buried quickly on the 2nd of dec 2009(Man city),
May he rest in PEACE! lol
  grin cheesy

and was resurrected on the third day(Saturday) at the Emirates against Stoke City - by 4 Thunderous goals to nothing to become inevitable!!!!!

BTW - thank God you recongnize ARSENAL FC has Grandfather,Father and Uncle to all those shity-chavs and manure clubs grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by loyika(m): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2009
Ya'll should give Razoor a break I bet half of you couldn't even sit in front of a mirror talkless of camera sef to analyse shyte!!

Both my girls are doing their stuff on TV!! so more grease to their elbows (and other body parts grin)

Arsenal are out of the Milk Cup (Yawns)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by Sauron1: 3:09pm On Dec 03, 2009
loyika:

Ya'll should give Razoor a break I bet half of you couldn't even sit in front of a mirror talkless of camera sef to analyse shyte!!

Both my girls are doing their stuff on TV!! so more grease to their elbows (and other body parts grin)

Arsenal are out of the Milk Cup (Yawns)

cool GOONER 89

Yawn again when they get dumped out of the next round of the UCL.
Don't you think it's time for Wenger to leave?
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by scantee(m): 4:39pm On Dec 03, 2009
Arsenal Comment: Arsene Wenger's Tantrum Is An Insult To His Club's History

Wenger's conduct unacceptable as an Arsenal manager
Dec 3, 2009 1:41:50 PM
CC: Arsene Wenger - Mark Hughes, Manchester City - Arsenal (Getty Images)
Photo Gallery
Zoom
CC: Arsene Wenger - Mark Hughes, Manchester City - Arsenal (Getty Images)
Related Links
Teams

* Arsenal

Players

* Arsene Wenger

There used to be an old football joke in London about West Ham United.

It went along the lines of 'when the Christmas decorations go up, West Ham go down the league'.

It was coined in the days when the pitches got wet, the mud and the puddles upset the ball-players and the young graduates of the East London academy at Upton Park struggled against physically-superior opponents.

Something similar is threatening to become a tradition for Arsenal.

But there is a major difference.

The Hammers and their fans have a sense of humour and are self-effacing, too.

The Gunners, alas, under Arsene Wenger's leadership, currently look like a club where everyone takes themselves very seriously - and find cracking a joke as difficult as laughing at themselves if they miss the bus.

Certainly, Mark Hughes is no source of mirth for the Arsenal boss as Wednesday night's act of hauteur at Eastlands demonstrated, Wenger flaring his nostrils and almost cocking a snook at the Manchester City manager after the home side won 3-0 and in some style.

After two crushing defeats and three domestic fixtures without a goal, it was understandable, but unacceptable, that Wenger did not feel like shaking hands with Hughes.

The pair have had 'previous' and they clashed verbally during the first half.

Hughes' claim that it is a professional courtesy and a sign of respect that sportsmen shake hands at the end of their contest was snootily waved aside by the Alsatian.

"I think I have nothing to say," Wenger told a television interviewer. "I am free to shake hands with whom I want."

Greetings | Wenger usually acknowledges his rivals

At a subsequent news briefing with the print media, he added, when pressed: "I have no professional courtesy."

Yes, it was drawled sarcastically, but the black humour, if intentional, was lost and the irony went without appreciation. For this was a more serious matter than the result of a cup-tie. Here, Wenger missed the bus and then, instead of grinning and shrugging it off with a typical football manager's cliche ("that's football" or "it wasn't our night"wink, or a shaft of dry wit - of which he is eminently capable - he stormed off to sulk in his own self-delusion.

For Wenger, it may have been just another in a series of 'Basil Fawlty' moments, but on a night when he fielded a team of youngsters and reserves to gain good experience, it was a terrible example of sporting behaviour.

He was not the only losing manager in the quarter-finals.

Indeed, he was in good company as all three of London's top clubs went out after trips to Lancashire - Tottenham Hotspur losing at Manchester United and Chelsea, on penalties, at Blackburn Rovers.

But he is the only one to have lost his composure and sense of humour.

In short, it proved beyond doubt that he is a bad loser. And that, for an Arsenal manager, is not acceptable conduct.

Every day and every week, hundreds of football managers finish up on the losing side, but shake hands with their conquerors. It is one of the oldest rules in the book of sport. Remember how Roger Federer reacted to his defeat by Rafael Nadal at Wimbledon in 2008? Or how Australia's cricketers handled losing the Ashes? Or the style in which Felipe Massa congratulated Lewis Hamilton on winning the F1 world title last year in Sao Paulo?

It is what the old Corinthian ideals are all about - the very ideals that are so entwined with the traditions of Arsenal; and so entwined with Wenger's passionate embracing of his club and its history. And his love of British life and the values that are wrought from Rudyard Kipling's treatment of those twin imposters, Triumph and Disaster,

So, on behalf of all Arsenal fans and all football-lovers, and the millions of supporters of the game who admire and respect Wenger's wonderful achievements in the English game, let us hope he has the grace to reflect on this, make a phone call to Manchester City and laugh at the folly of his ways.

It would be good if it was done swiftly. Arsenal need their manager to show them the way - the right way.

hahaaaa
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by Nobody: 5:43pm On Dec 03, 2009
[size=13pt]My God, I jst watched the highlight

ARSENAL TEAM is DEAD

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! see beating
[/size] grin grin grin
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by afrodoc(m): 7:26pm On Dec 03, 2009
HNIC sims 2 b d classic Naija fan (deluded and recalcitrantly unrealistic).there comes a time when one has 2 realise dat there has 2 b a balance btw winning trophies and building 4 d future.AW's policy is skewed 2wards d latter and it is DESTROYING Arsenal! How many of d current crop of players hv won ANYTHING in a Gunner shirt? Those boys nided ydays victority 2 lift d gloom in their young hearts! U nid 2 balance good experience with youth.d ONLY xperienced gunners of quality r Gallas and Fab
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by afrodoc(m): 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2009
D team is made up of only artists and no artisans,a sure recipe 4 gallant failure! Where r d neversay die defenders in d calibre of Adams,Keown,Campbell? D midfield enforcers lyk Viera,Parlour and Gilberto? Winning trophies isnt all abt silky skills,u nid players wit balls (as Vito Corleone would hav said).unfortunately those r scarce at d emirates;Gallas,Cesc and mayb RVP r d only gunners i believe hav cojones grandes.d others r "coasters" who flourish when d going is good BUT fold unda pressure
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by afrodoc(m): 7:43pm On Dec 03, 2009
Chelsea on d other hand is full of born leaders;Cech,Terry,Carvalho,Essien,Ballack,Lampard,Drogba,A Cole and Deco r all mentally tough and r gr8 fighters.ManU has VDS,Neville,Rooney,Rio,Fletcher,Giggs as leaders.d gunners r lacking in dis respect i.e leaders and fighters
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by loyika(m): 4:24pm On Dec 04, 2009
Ballack The born leader missed his pen to help get Chelsea out of the CC Terry the born leader missed his pen to lose the UCL

Born Leaders my a@@ tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by Image123(m): 12:17am On Dec 05, 2009
But what is expected from the senior team if it's always a mix of 'previous' carling cup losers? I don't think experienced carling cup losers like Vela,Eboue,Silvestre,Song and co are 'young blood' in the sense portrayed. my thoughts anyhow-
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by adebayo201: 1:38am On Dec 05, 2009
hmmmh grin grin grin
Re: Carling Cup: Manchester City Vs Arsenal [3 - 0] On Wed, 2nd Dec by MightySparrow: 4:26pm On May 21, 2023
Man city 7: Chelsea 0

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alan Shearer's Career Ended Too Soon / Most Memorable Goals Ever! / Jose Mourinho Cannot Be The Best Coach In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.