Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Politics (246 Views)

Omoyele Sowore Interview On Channels TV Politics Today With Seun Okinbaloye / Awo's Dysfunctional Legacy On Nigerian Politics / I Have Received Uncountable Insults Since I Joined Politics -Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Politics by gabbilicious: 3:43pm On Jan 27, 2017
Press Release
27 January 2017

BPP and Recent Allegations in the Media

The attention of the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP) has been drawn to reports in several media outlets pertaining to contract awards in the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing.

The Bureau hereby clarifies as follows:

i. Currently, the Bureau is treating requests for “No Objection” to contract awards from procuring entities, including the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing, to review their procurement processes for compliance with the Due Process requirements of the Public Procurement Act 2017.

ii. The Bureau does not award contracts for procuring entities; rather, it reviews the procurement processes of procuring entities to ensure that they are as spelt out in the Law.

iii. To the extent that the review process is still ongoing, the impression that it has been concluded should be ignored, as the Bureau cannot comment on it in line with the provisions of the Act.

iv. At the conclusion of its review of any request, the Bureau will communicate its position to the particular procuring entity.

v. The Bureau remains committed to its mandate of ensuring a national procurement system that is transparent, competitive and guarantees value for money in support of the national development efforts of the Government.

For more information, please contact Thomas Odemwingie, Head of Public Relations and Protocol, on 08033068074 or via thomas.odemwingie@bpp.gov.ng

(1) (Reply)

Abet, Who Help Me See Buhari May?! / Poll:::buhari's Health And Vacation / Electricity Union Workers Reject Mohammed As TCN Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.