Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,544 members, 7,812,706 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie (4860 Views)

I Need Subtitle For Money Heist Season Two / Download movies/series here. Got any movie in mind? comment to get ur D-link (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 27, 2017
Most people do not know it is actually possible to add subtitle to any movie. Many times we watch movies which it becomes too difficult to follow all the words being said, often times some movies are in different languages and we would have to add a subtitle to understand what is being said in our own languages. One easy way to add subtitle to any movie is by using searching and downloading for the SRT files on Google.

How to Add Subtitle to Your Movie
There are two ways to add subtitles to movies – you could either search on Google or go to websites made solely for downloading subtitles. For this tutorial, I will download a subtitle for the TV series, Empire Season 2 Episode 13. Open Google in your browser and type your search parameters as shown below. The S02 means season 2, while the E03 means episode 3. This is the way TV series and subtitles are named on line.

Hit the enter button on your keyboard to bring out the search results on Google. Most times what we need when searching on Google is often found on the first page, only on few occasions do people check second pages on SERPS.

Now click on one of the search results (I normally click the first one). Now Google directs you to the subtitle page for the one you click.

Click on Download Subtitles, the subtitle will be downloaded in ZIP file to your computer. Locate where it is downloaded and unzip it with your compression manager.Now, after unzipping the subtitles they could come in different languages, choose your preferred one (English) out of it. Subtitle files are always in .srt file format (extension).

Copy the subtitle file to the same folder where your movie is. If your movie wasn’t in any folder before create one and move the subtitle file inside with it. You now need to rename either the subtitle with the movie name or vice versa. Just let the name be the same as shown below…

If you do not want to use Google there is a credible website where you can easily go to and download. Subscene.com is a very good website with large database of subtitles, visit the website, search with the title of your movie and download.

source: http://howtotechnaija.com/how-to-add-subtitle-any-movie/
Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by sleepyeyez(m): 5:50pm On Jan 27, 2017
Nice one, bro

1 Like

Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by potent5(m): 5:51pm On Jan 27, 2017
Really nice one, Op.

1 Like

Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jan 27, 2017
potent5:
Really nice one, Op.
Cheers bruh.
Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by AvsGot007(m): 11:38pm On Jan 27, 2017
this goan work on phone?
Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by Nobody: 7:38am On Jan 28, 2017
AvsGot007:
this goan work on phone?
for 3gp videos? I don't think so
Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by DannyKnows: 8:38am On Jan 29, 2017
Nice article... thanks OP
Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by Davedoz(m): 9:15am On Jan 29, 2017
My brother this is BIG stress!
SIMPLE STEPS:
1. Download and install MX Player it's on Google Play
Store
2. Use it to watch your movies.
3. While watching a movie click on the 3 dots at the top right of the scree..... Infact i don tire to type already.... Follow the picture below grin

Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by Davedoz(m): 9:17am On Jan 29, 2017
More!

Note I'm not the one that typed all that name, season episode and for the search o. It happened on it own, immediately i checked that box!

Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by Davedoz(m): 9:26am On Jan 29, 2017
The app is the best movie player ever! It allows you to adjust the subtle speed or synchronize it properly! So that the words don't appear faster/slower than the sound of the words.

As shown below

Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by Davedoz(m): 9:33am On Jan 29, 2017
Did i mention that when you send the video to someone you can also send the subtitle. But the person needs to have a good movie player that can work with a subtitle.

PS: I just noticed that the OP's post was for PC. My own na for phone o. I don't know if MX Player is on PC. Laziness sha, cuz na just a google search away from knowing o! Mtchewwww, I just checked! The thing dey there! But there is a software that turns a FULL LAPTOP to function like an Android phone. You can actually use any app in your laptop that your phone is using! That one na gist for another day!
Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by Davedoz(m): 9:44am On Jan 29, 2017
Skateboard:
for 3gp videos? I don't think so

Oga, take sofrey dey talk wetin you no know! Infact, I never knew laptop could use it! It works on any format of movie! 3gp, mp4, anyone! As long as your MX PLAYER can show that format. And believe me MX PLAYER supports ALMOST every format. I no say ALL formats o.
Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by renstein: 11:13am On Jan 04, 2019
Adding subtitles to movies is very easy. You can get subtitles from free sources like opensubtitles.org. If you use free applications like MediaBox HD app to watch all latest movies and TV shows for free that too with subititles.
Re: How To Easily Add Subtitle To Any Movie by ifymorena(f): 12:36pm On Jan 04, 2019
All dis long process when I can simply use mx player to add subtitles easily

(1) (Reply)

DSTV To Increase Subscription Price Effective 1 May 2017 / Hotel De Jordan / Saint Obi: Loving His Return!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.