Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,830 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) (30217 Views)

Ambode Commissions Bridge, Car Park Built By Deeper Life Church / Ambode Commissions Jubilee Bridge Ajah (Photos) / Ambode Commissions Ojodu Berger Bridge (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by willibounce1(m): 11:28am On Jan 28, 2017
Na fountain we wan chop?
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by OPCNAIRALAND: 11:30am On Jan 28, 2017
Good job to ndigbo enemy namba 1
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by teebaxy(m): 11:31am On Jan 28, 2017
bettercreature:
south west governors are doing it unlike their SS/SE counterparts who only care about their pocket
My brother I don't know where the South West Governors got this their wisdom from.... They are all excellent be it ABC or PDP...... I love them all

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by juman(m): 11:32am On Jan 28, 2017
Backward country.

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Okeikpu(m): 11:33am On Jan 28, 2017
Our oil n tax moneys
Well it still a no mans land
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 28, 2017
People MUST complain..... you do, dem go complain, you no do, dem go complain... as some were hailing Obama, some were criticising him... they must talk

If you have to wait for the opinion of people to do things, you won't EVER do anything

Mr Governor, Carry on Sir
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by dealslip(f): 11:34am On Jan 28, 2017
This square was named after Madam Efunroye Tinubu, a strong, wealthy and powerful woman from Egbaland who put up a brave fight against the colonial masters before they eventually had their way. She is in no way related to Bola Tinubu just a coincidence like anyone can bear Adeyemi or Nduka or Buhari. Let no man start any praise singing or mud slinging.

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by math2001: 11:34am On Jan 28, 2017
Tinubu was name tinubu in around 1999
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by klax(m): 11:35am On Jan 28, 2017
Honestly I always says it I love the SW, SE, SS a lot I don't mean tribalism by this but I just love them.

This guys were busy developing and building their region every day doing their best to be the region to emulate but unfortunately one particular side called the North were busy for position, oil and power and nothing to show for it and later they will say oh we are left behind or being marginalised
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by browniex: 11:36am On Jan 28, 2017
He has not uparaded anything, he just maintained what fashola upgraded.

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Exciton(m): 11:37am On Jan 28, 2017
sar33:
Ambode vows to preserve Lagos historical, cultural heritage

Speaking further on the site, the Governor said: “All over the world, monuments are erected as a way of preserving human history and upholding societal values and ethics. They are testament of selfless leadership, valor and bravery of great men and women who have contributed significantly to the development of mankind.

As we all know, this magnificent monument was erected in memory of a valiant woman, Madam Efunroye Tinubu, the first Iyalode of Egbaland and one of the greatest merchants of colonial Lagos.

“It is a celebration of her exploits in the business world and contribution to the foremost status to which our State has attained in the world of commerce and for us as a government and in line with our administration’s commitment to harness the tourism potentials of our State, historical monuments such as this will continue to be given a face lift and outlook.”

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2017/01/ambode-commissions-newly-upgraded.html?m=1

Hehe. They skipped the part where she was also one of the most renowned slave traders in the history of Yorubaland. A person who was against Kosoko mainly because she wanted to continue the profitable slave trade even after it had been outlawed.

We have a habit of turning criminals into heroes in this country.

Before you say crap, I'm Yoruba.
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Swahili0(f): 11:37am On Jan 28, 2017
sarrki:

Especially ikpeazu

what do u mean by ikpeazu tribal bigot like u
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Swahili0(f): 11:38am On Jan 28, 2017
sarrki:

Especially ikpeazu

what do u mean by ikpeazu tribal bigot like u

after u go dey form holy
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Fourwinds: 11:38am On Jan 28, 2017
PoliticalThuG:
Nonsense project
so dis one is nonsense...??

do u know I can pay to go there and relax if security is present there.?

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by math2001: 11:42am On Jan 28, 2017
It was built in around 1999 , name after the leader of market women

Tinubu are Fulani people. They are not Yoruba people.

I speak northern language.

I use to live in the north
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by CXLVII: 11:45am On Jan 28, 2017
Bolustic:
I am patiently waiting for some people to condemn this first only to go and copy it.

Like they childishly copied the Ikoyi link bridge

But them no get am sha.

Hello Bolustic! The flat-headed dwarfs never copied the Ikoyi link bridge. They only tried all there possible best to produce a counterfeit.

It was decorated to be a suspension bridge but outrightly not suspending. The falsefully acclaimed suspension bridge is a shame, disgrace and height of incompetence of Engineering, design and architecture.

It wa total waste of cement, sand, gravel, water and manpower.

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by vengertime: 11:45am On Jan 28, 2017
Yorubbers and sycophancy

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by ba7man(m): 11:46am On Jan 28, 2017
willibounce1:
Na fountain we wan chop?
Hungry boy. undecided

Must you announce your poor acces to food online?

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by ba7man(m): 11:48am On Jan 28, 2017
vengertime:
Yorubbers and sycophancy
I know you're dying inside.

Take heart, maybe one of these days they'll be a scenery like this in your region. cry

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by CRAPHA96(m): 11:53am On Jan 28, 2017
LET THUNDER FROM AGHANISTAN AND PAKISTAN CONJOIN THOSE FROM IRAQ AND IRAN PICK UP FLIGHT FROM SOMALIA AND SUDAN LAND UNTOP ALL POLITICAL GOD'SONS IN NIGERIA
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Toosure70: 11:58am On Jan 28, 2017
great JAGABAN.

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Neerich1512(m): 12:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
[quote author=Bolustic post=53197912][color=#000099][b]I am patiently waiting for some people to condemn this first only to go and copy it.

But them no get am sha.

U mean the bridges in Awka
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jan 28, 2017
Royalfurnitures:
Hope it'd be maintained regularly else it'd still get dilapidated before long.

Please check out my signature for quality and durable furniture

Fashola was d first to renovate it. It was just grass in dt area wt dilapidated roads around. He fenced it, interlocked it, upgraded d statue & put in a water fountain. He also interlocked dt whole area of balogun market behind old Cbn building and made d whole area 1way down to broad street.

Ambode just added other statues inside & maintained it. Dts d power of continuity. So I think they'll keep maintaining it wt each new administration.

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Ecosystem4u: 12:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
Tinubu square faa? selfishness, stupid. Y mould yourselves only when Lagos is coowned by Igbos!!!!!! We were not consulted, nor represented in the so calld project. Where is the love?
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by melejo(m): 12:48pm On Jan 28, 2017
sarrki:

Especially ikpeazu
I was mistakenly taking you to be adult
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by math2001: 12:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
It is not tinubu square. It is call independent square.

They just put the scripture of famous people there.

The scripture of kokoro
Now they put ademusiwa scripture on a bed. Because ademusiwa posted my picture while I was a bed.

One of the scripture is tinubu, but the name is independent square

Now you have to call it ademusiwa square
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by cuminside: 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2017
Bolustic:

I said it, children of hate will condemn it first but wishing deep down their heart that their governors would copy it.

children of hate have investments scattered all over Afonja land. But Children of love have non in the East. Who then are the children of hate here? slowpoke
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by willibounce1(m): 1:21pm On Jan 28, 2017
ba7man:
Hungry boy. undecided

Must you announce your poor acces to food online?

Lol... you wey never chop dey yarn access to food. Mukpas
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by tosynAB(m): 2:09pm On Jan 28, 2017
Ecosystem4u:
Tinubu square faa? selfishness, stupid. Y mould yourselves only when Lagos is coowned by Igbos!!!!!! We were not consulted, nor represented in the so calld project. Where is the love?
I know you hate your tribe wella bhu why hiding the Truth, don't worry Go back to your village and claim your fathers land then start to develop it. stop denying your root, think about your children tomorrow are you also expecting them to throw away their town like you?... How can your region develop while you're here claiming other mans land.. Fool you Idiotic - magot

Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by SINDD: 2:20pm On Jan 28, 2017
nice one ambo
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Eastwalk(m): 2:38pm On Jan 28, 2017
Bolustic:
I am patiently waiting for some people to condemn this first only to go and copy it.

But them no get am sha.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ambode Commissions Newly Upgraded Tinubu Square Fountain(photos) by Eastwalk(m): 2:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
cuminside:

children of hate have investments scattered all over Afonja land. But Children of love have non in the East. Who then are the children of hate here? slowpoke
In quest of greener pasture, one will always invest in the better side. Why will u invest in a village with low purchasing power and consumer spending grin grin

PDP Committee Recommends Wike As Atiku’s Vice-Presidential Candidate / Throwback Picture Of Dino Melaye And His Female Friend / Nigerians Feel Less Secure Now Than Under Jonathan, Says Soyinka