Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,683 members, 7,816,788 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:09 PM

Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. (100787 Views)

UNIBEN Final Year Student, Freedom, Dies (Disturbing Photos)) / Back Of UNN Female Hostel Building, Enugu Campus (Disturbing Photos) / 10 Unexplained Photographs And The Stories Behind Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by martineverest(m): 8:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

He didn't die of guilty conscience you self-righteous P.O.S.

He died of depression after been scarred for life by his harrowing experience in Sudan.

The unfair criticisms just hastened his demise.

He fended the vultures. He was prevented by Sudanese military that accompanied him to interfere or help anyone. He was helpless and he felt gutted. He came back to the free world to share a photo he felt would raise uproar and cause people to act. Rather the free world mocked him while others gave him an award rather than do something drastic about the situation in Sudan.

He lost faith in this world. He lost faith in people like you. He felt he didn't have to be part of a world where people would be so unperturbed about the death and misfortune of others. He has gone to a better place now. A better place that you clearly do not deserve to be in.

-Lord
y d insult,bro?

5 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Candour(m): 8:58pm On Jan 28, 2017
CHARLOE:

Just wondering how d senator that went there to Investigate died, did he drink d poisonous juice?

The guys plane was ambushed by gun men loyal to Rev Jim Jones and they executed him and some members that chose to leave Jones town with him.

Its why Jim Jones ordered the mass suicide. He knew the govt was going to come after him bigly
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by bonna4u(m): 8:58pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

You are a disgrace to mankind.

Did you even bother to read the account intently?

The photographer fended off the vulture and couldn't help the child because he was held back by the Sudanese military men monitoring his movements.

He said the child eventually got to the feeding center. But that he was unsure that the child would survive for long.

Maybe you need to use the bio organ in your skull, rather than respond like a zombie.

-Lord
I don't have your time.

2 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 9:02pm On Jan 28, 2017
DAramis:

Have you ever imagined what would have happened if he removed his cloth, wrapped the girl and carry her to the refuge center?
That is what real help entails. It is just like seeing a child walking to fire, instead of removing the child entirely from the place, you only shifted the fire and walk away.
My summary is that, his singular act of not rendering help when it is needed most, might has haunted him leading to the suicide.
Please watch a film called 'Schindler list'... Something like that name... It is about world War 2 and how an Austrian who had failed in virtually all business endeavors finally succeeded during war.... Circumstances made him to render help by risking his own life protecting the Jews.. Over 1000 all in the name of creating work for them.
Maybe, you will learn what empathy is called not 'creating an awareness like you called it with a likely hidden agenda of obtaining fame'.
Salaam

Maybe if you weren't so judgmental, you'll read that account and not be so misinformed.

He was under strict supervision by the Sudanese military that warned him not to intervene.

He did the most anyone in his position could do. He scared off the vulture and ensured the child got to the feeding center. So what are you on about?

A "likely hidden agenda of obtaining fame"?

Likely is the key word. You'd have to be a complete sadist Bleep*d up person to reason that way.

Or do you think he just took his bags, bounced into Sudan and started taking pictures?

It was a conflict. He was protected by government soldiers and one of their many don't rules was that he did not intervene.

Get the facts and stop your unfair criticism.

To your analogy. Carter did not step aside for the fire. He put out the fire and got that child to safety. Afterwards, he said because of his limitations he couldn't help any further by probably taking the child with him out of Sudan and that considering the conditions of the child's surroundings, she wouldn't survive.

Read intently.

As for why he died. It's clearly written there, read his suicide note!

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by ZUBY77(m): 9:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
DAramis:

Have you ever imagined what would have happened if he removed his cloth, wrapped the girl and carry her to the refuge center?
That is what real help entails. It is just like seeing a child walking to fire, instead of removing the child entirely from the place, you only shifted the fire and walk away.
My summary is that, his singular act of not rendering help when it is needed most, might has haunted him leading to the suicide.
Please watch a film called 'Schindler list'... Something like that name... It is about world War 2 and how an Austrian who had failed in virtually all business endeavors finally succeeded during war.... Circumstances made him to render help by risking his own life protecting the Jews.. Over 1000 all in the name of creating work for them.
Maybe, you will learn what empathy is called not 'creating an awareness like you called it with a likely hidden agenda of obtaining fame'.
Salaam

Maybe you will just shut up when you know that there were trigger Happy soldiers watching Carter while he took that picture.
The instruction from Sudan was that the Cater and his likes don't help the South Sudanese people.
If they do, they get killed.

6 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Osezzua(m): 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2017
Following
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 9:07pm On Jan 28, 2017
martineverest:
y d insult,bro?

Carter has a kid. That kid didn't get to know his father for long because of the unfair criticisms that led to Carter's death.

Your criticism is like the thousands others that caused his death and seek to validate his suicide as fair game.

If your read that story intently, you wouldn't make the insensitive statement you made, and I wouldn't have wasted my time replying that useless statement you made.

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by nbright: 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
Explorers:
Starving Sudanese child is stalked, and eyed hungrily, by a starving vulture.

This contrast of a plump vulture and a starving, emaciated Sudanese girl is striking, alarming and won the photographer, Kevin Carter, a Pulitzer Prize for feature photography.

The girl was on her way to a feeding center, when she collapsed.

When asked about the fate of the girl, Kevin Carter said that she resumed her trek to the center, while he chased away the vulture.

However, he added, that it is unlikely she survived.

He later committed suicide
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by DAramis: 9:12pm On Jan 28, 2017
ZUBY77:

Maybe you will just shut up when you know that there were trigger Happy soldiers watching Carter while he took that picture.
The instruction from Sudan was that the Cater and his likes don't help the South Sudanese people.
If they do, they get killed.
OK. I was not aware that there was strict instructions though I know that he is being followed.
The insult is uncalled for.
Modified **
The only reference made was for him not to touch her in order not to contact a disease... No reference to those instructions from the military like you are implying.
My personal opinion.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
Benjom:

[s]What's the nexus between my comment and your response here. Do you have a problem with grammar or something else? Have you read the whole story before to arrive at your assertion? You should have just dropped your comment in a polite manner without hurting the feelings of others. That's a very bad attitude.

.[/s]

Feelings of others?

Did they care about the feelings of Carter or his kids when they typed their scathing retorts? If they had taken the time to read the whole story, they wouldn't have made those replies.

People who show no empathy for people do not deserve empathy from others.

And if you read my reply and didn't get my point, you don't deserve a rejoinder.

You can keep believing that Carter used that kid to become famous despite fending off the vulture and being under strict orders not to intervene.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
Feraz:
AAHHH!!
The bolded is a question that really needs answers. . .Hello there!

hello oo, my dear. Hope ur doing great.
I shouldnt have opened this thread na morbid curiosity cause am.

People are just too wicked for my understanding sometimes.

I need to unfollow the thread.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by OsoDupe(f): 9:13pm On Jan 28, 2017
SPDAZZY:

So he couldn't help her to the feeding center. Na award and vulture im dey find. Smh
it was told the photographer later committed suicide out of guilt of not helping the child.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by VanBommel(m): 9:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
ZUBY77:

Nope.. The pastor was never gifted.
Rather the people were brainwashed and silly.

Who would blame them?
More than that number would die if TB jocrook orders them to do so in 2017.
I'm quite sure no one in southern nigeria will dare with the level of exposure they have gotten
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by chuksp09(m): 9:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
Ah Op u have done it this time.
These images are scary and touchy, though i wonder what message u are trying to get across.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 9:16pm On Jan 28, 2017
DAramis:

OK. I was not aware that there was strict instructions though I know that he is being followed.
The insult is uncalled for.

It maybe uncalled for, but you should understand that the insult is fitting.

What does it take to be thoroughly informed before jumping to conclusions and condemning Carter.

Hasty generalizations and condemnations made Carter commit suicide and rendered his kids fatherless. Learn to exercise caution with the words you use. You never can tell what the effects might be.

-Lord

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by preselect(m): 9:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
so sad and depressing, what happens on this planet.

see how nigerians are so sympathetic to the pains of other people

even more sad that these same nigerians will show no sympathy if these horrors happened to fellow nigerians from "the other ethnic group" or the "other religion" or "the other political party" . . .

#humanityfails

3 Likes

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by VanBommel(m): 9:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

Media will not record this as terrorism, But if it happen to involve Muslim the world will hear about it..
bro leave trash for LAWMA undecided
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

How is this terrorism?

Definition of terrorism, since you've clearly shown that you are dumb:

-Lord

So someone who silently killed 900+ people what should we call it?

crime? accident?
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by ZUBY77(m): 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
VanBommel:
I'm quite sure no one in southern nigeria will dare with the level of exposure they have gotten

Those "Lord's Chosen" Iddots wearing some yellow clothes sanctioned by their cult leader Lazarus Muoka, are not different in anyway.

In my own estimation, they are all equal idiotsss.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by martineverest(m): 9:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

Carter has a kid. That kid didn't get to know his father for long because of the unfair criticisms that led to Carter's death.

Your criticism is like the thousands others that caused his death and seek to validate his suicide as fair game.

If your read that story intently, you wouldn't make the insensitive statement you made, and I wouldn't have wasted my time replying that useless statement you made.

-Lord
dude,if he felt really bad about the cruelty of the world on sudan,why did he sell the pic to new york newspaper?why did he spend 20 minutes trying to get the best shot?why did he take the photo?was the stopping force more than the willing force that he wud av used to save the girl's life?

He felt guilty after american readers were eager to know what happened afterwards.....taking the pix and selling it tells more about his intention.

May his sourl rest in peace

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by uvalued(m): 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2017
Benjom:

...because he couldn't help the little boy to safety and the thought of not rendering such assistance haunted him for the remaining days of his life.
now i know the true picture.. God brought this photographer to be the mitacle bit chose to snap and let that child die... then they blame God.smh
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by meteor(m): 9:20pm On Jan 28, 2017
Idydarling:
I know this one, we actually did a study on it in my 200l, the woman in question refused to marry the choice of her mum and bro which led to the lock up, she was given food once a day by the maid, its reported that when the maid could bear it no longer, after several years, she reported to the authorities who broke in and found her a shadow of her former splendid self...

Did she eventually survive?
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 9:23pm On Jan 28, 2017
VanBommel:
bro leave trash for LAWMA undecided

Abi as it will end in trash bin at the end..
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by VanBommel(m): 9:24pm On Jan 28, 2017
ZUBY77:

Those "Lord's Chosen" Iddots wearing some yellow clothes sanctioned by their cult leader Lazarus Muoka, are not different in anyway.

you and I know that when it comes to issues pertaining life, southern Nigerians know when draw the line
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by ZUBY77(m): 9:25pm On Jan 28, 2017
VanBommel:
you and I know that when it comes to issues pertaining life, southern Nigerians know when draw the line

You mean the people who stone an old woman because they think she is a witch?

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Feraz(m): 9:30pm On Jan 28, 2017
ZUBY77:

You and Lord just dey vex this night. But I cannot fault your submission. . .
fellis:

hello oo, my dear. Hope ur doing great.
I shouldnt have opened this thread na morbid curiosity cause am.

People are just too wicked for my understanding sometimes.

I need to unfollow the thread.
I understand you.

I'm very fine.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 9:33pm On Jan 28, 2017
martineverest:
dude,if he felt really bad about the cruelty of the world on sudan,why did he sell the pic to new york newspaper?why did he spend 20 minutes trying to get the best shot?why did he take the photo?was the stopping force more than the willing force that he wud av used to save the girl's life?

He felt guilty after american readers were eager to know what happened afterwards.....taking the pix and selling it tells more about his intention.

May his sourl rest in peace

Photographers sell their pics. That's how they earn their money.

He made several photos that's they one NY times chose to buy.

That story about 20 minutes is unverified by his "supposed" partner photographer whose multiple starving photos "miraculously" didn't get published. Not even one.

Why would he not take the photo? Do you know that people on this planet deny that the Holocaust happened. There are people that deny that the Rwanda genocide happened.

That photo was meant to spark outrage. That's what normal people do. The photo of a burning man started the Arab rising that led to the toppling of suppressive regimes in Tunisia, Libya, Egypt and elsewhere in the Middle East.

You may as well ask why do newspapers write articles about conflicts or starving kids. You are unbelievable.

Americans decided to know what happened to the kid afterwards. That's what humane people do. He answered that question to the best of his ability, but under the circumstances he couldn't be of any more help to the girl.

Since you like condemning, you should realize that the second account you want to take as true that says he took 20 minutes to snap the photo said they were part of a UN mission and that the parents of the kid were close-by. And the parents were jostling for scarce aid materials and certainly would have taken returned to take care of the kid.

The supposed partner also confirmed that Carter fended off the vulture afterwards. But that picture actually sparked a discussion and response that wouldn't have happened.

Let me quote the supposed partner "It is certain that this photography is of great impact and leaves no one indifferent, but it made many people raise stupid questions. If you cut away a piece of reality and you isolate it, you’re able to either be expressing reality or not expressing reality. And in this case, that which is expressed in the photo is a pretty good reflection of that which happened and is currently happening, there in Sudan. Photography has an enormous power over the viewers, and it has to be like that in order to reflect the horrible reality"

You my good friend are one of the "many people [who] raise stupid questions" he was referring to.

I'm done with you.

-Lord

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by LordAdam7: 9:35pm On Jan 28, 2017
ISTANDWITHBUHAR:

So someone who silently killed 900+ people what should we call it?

crime? accident?

Oga it is a crime but it is not terrorism.

I don't know who your English teacher was, but you need to be re-schooled.

You may want to make a point of extremism being present in religions outside Islam which is a decent point. But this example is not the example to use.

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by gidimafia: 9:37pm On Jan 28, 2017
just curious how he could take a shot ike this with the old camera
Explorers:
This photograph shows a woman in mid air, after jumping off the ledge of the Genesee Hotel in 1942.

The image above was caputed by a photographerfor the Buffalo Courier, who was on his way back to the office after being out on assignment.

The woman who commited suicide was called Mary Miller.

It is thought that she was mourning a lover who was just killed during World War II.

1 Like

Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Emeskhalifa(m): 9:39pm On Jan 28, 2017
Edwinmason:
s€un dey pay you for this your educative thread?.....becos it seems u day spend time day gather this information..how do you feed ur self...no fex o am jus curious
Cudda jus create a blog so that u can earn something bro. Am not sure Ogar Seun is paying for this educative thread
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
Baseema:
what a callous man!
How could he

There's no evidence to suggest that the man actually stole from the starved boy,to me from watching the picture,it looks like the starving boy was a beggar,but the well fed man ignored him and kept walking.

On the car accident pic,if it was in NIGERIA people will say the man jaz picked him up and landed him there.Naija and jaz.
Re: Some Scary And Disturbing Images And The Stories Behind Them. by VanBommel(m): 9:42pm On Jan 28, 2017
LordAdam7:

How is this terrorism?

Definition of terrorism, since you've clearly shown that you are dumb:

-Lord
the religious bigot just posted that to start up a stupid religious argument. Ignore him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Unilorin Admission List / JSS Student Wants Sex From Female Corper Teacher In Enugu In Her Room / UNILAG Cold Room Where Sex For Marks Takes Place: Don Jazzy, Uche Jombo React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.