Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone (4096 Views)

How Much Do Game Houses Charge For Ps2 And Ps3 Games?? / I Want To Swap My Ps2 With PSP. / Pls I Need Ps2 And Twin Pads For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by mikaelangelov: 10:46am On Jan 28, 2017
please am currently confused on how the ps2 SD card stuff works but please pals can I switch my ps2 SD card to my phone without corrupting the games inside
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by mikaelangelov: 11:31am On Jan 28, 2017
please I really need help about this issue, any help would be appreciated
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by 9tailskid: 10:37am On Feb 19, 2018
People don't take the time to reply threads these days tho...

Do not use the same Memory card for your Ps2 and Android phone cos the chances of it being corrupted are very high..
Use a dedicated Memory card for your Ps2 and a different one for your phone.

I've got a Ps2 so i'm talking out of experience.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by Emeka71(m): 2:08pm On Feb 19, 2018
9tailskid:
People don't take the time to reply threads these days tho...

Do not use the same Memory card for your Ps2 and Android phone cos the chances of it being corrupted are very high..
Use a dedicated Memory card for your Ps2 and a different one for your phone.

I've got a Ps2 so i'm talking out of experience.
I didn't know that the practice of using the same memory card for phone and PS-2 could damage the memory card.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by 9tailskid: 3:49pm On Feb 19, 2018
Emeka71:
I didn't know that the practice of using the same memory card for phone and PS-2 could damage the memory card.

It could.. The back and forth between your phone and PS2 exposes it to damages... It could break one day sef.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by Emeka71(m): 5:24pm On Feb 20, 2018
9tailskid:

It could.. The back and forth between your phone and PS2 exposes it to damages... It could break one day sef.
Is the thing actually a hardware damage or encryption damage.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by 9tailskid: 8:35pm On Feb 20, 2018
Emeka71:
Is the thing actually a hardware damage or encryption damage.

It's more likely to be Hardware damage... Your phone could also corrupt the mem-card.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by Emeka71(m): 5:32pm On Feb 21, 2018
9tailskid:

It's more likely to be Hardware damage... Your phone could also corrupt the mem-card.
Okay because I used to think such issue is encryption problem.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by 9tailskid: 7:25am On Feb 22, 2018
Emeka71:
Okay because I used to think such issue is encryption problem.

Nah...
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by typicalgamer(m): 10:54pm On Feb 22, 2018
guy anything about ps2 and ps3 ask me take note your ps2 game file is in numbers as long as those numbers does not get separated into any folder you will be fine but if you separate them it will not play all your Android file like xender or flashshare apps and files are stored in their respective folder so goes for your Bluetooth files in short you can use the memory card for both purpose as long as you don't move the game file
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 11:24am On Feb 24, 2018
typicalgamer:
guy anything about ps2 and ps3 ask me take note your ps2 game file is in numbers as long as those numbers does not get separated into any folder you will be fine but if you separate them it will not play all your Android file like xender or flashshare apps and files are stored in their respective folder so goes for your Bluetooth files in short you can use the memory card for both purpose as long as you don't move the game file
It doesn't really matter anymore whether your ps2 game file is numbered or not. Just upgrade to the latest opl and move your ps2 ISOs to DVD folder.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by 9tailskid: 11:58pm On Feb 24, 2018
Oluwaseunsodiq:
It doesn't really matter anymore whether your ps2 game file is numbered or not. Just upgrade to the latest opl and move your ps2 ISOs to DVD folder.
is the moving the games to dvd folder imperative if i update my opl to the latest version?
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 12:08pm On Feb 25, 2018
9tailskid:

is the moving the games to dvd folder imperative if i update my opl to the latest version?
Yes
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by 9tailskid: 4:03pm On Feb 25, 2018
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Yes

Okay. Thank you.
I've watched a couple of YouTube vids on how to upgrade OPL to the latest version (OPL 9.0.3). I kinda like its black theme better than the popular one that's blue or whatnot.

By the way by ISOs you mean the already converted format by USB Util right?
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 5:14pm On Feb 25, 2018
9tailskid:

Okay. Thank you.
I've watched a couple of YouTube vids on how to upgrade OPL to the latest version (OPL 9.0.3). I kinda like its black theme better than the popular one that's blue or whatnot.

By the way by ISOs you mean the already converted format by USB Util right?
Before being "converted" by usbutil. Usbutil doesn't really "convert" the games per se. Opl has supported ISOs for quite a while now. What usbutil simply does is that it splits the iso into parts so it can fit into the fat32 USB drive. This is so as to bypass the 4gb file size limit the fat32 file system has. It's even detrimental in terms of efficiency since it usually leads to file fragmentation issues.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by 9tailskid: 9:18am On Feb 26, 2018
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Before being "converted" by usbutil. Usbutil doesn't really "convert" the games per se. Opl has supported ISOs for quite a while now. What usbutil simply does is that it splits the iso into parts so it can fit into the fat32 USB drive. This is so as to bypass the 4gb file size limit the fat32 file system has. It's even detrimental in terms of efficiency since it usually leads to file fragmentation issues.

So, i can load my games on OPL right off the bat in ISO format... And i thought Usbutil was really important(nonsense and usb
:-D )

How then do i bypass the 4GB file limit on a FAT32 drive? Cos some ISOs are quite large..
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 11:58am On Feb 26, 2018
9tailskid:

So, i can load my games on OPL right off the bat in ISO format... And i thought Usbutil was really important(nonsense and usb
:-D )

How then do i bypass the 4GB file limit on a FAT32 drive? Cos some ISOs are quite large..
Yes you can load ISOs directly. There's an OPL with exfat support just Google it. No file size limit and no fragmentation issues. Enjoy.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by 9tailskid: 12:14pm On Feb 26, 2018
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Yes you can load ISOs directly. There's an OPL with exfat support just Google it. No file size limit and no fragmentation issues. Enjoy.

Okay, i guess i'll be needing a flash drive formatted in exfat instead of fat32 and the OPL with support for exfat drives, right boss?
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 1:20pm On Feb 26, 2018
9tailskid:

Okay, i guess i'll be needing a flash drive formatted in exfat instead of fat32 and the OPL with support for exfat drives, right boss?
Your FAT32 flash would do. Just format it to exfat.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by 9tailskid: 1:25pm On Feb 26, 2018
Oluwaseunsodiq:
Your FAT32 flash would do. Just format it to exfat.

OKAY... Then i copy the E2OPL (hope it's the right one) to it then move it to my FMCB memory card?
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 2:29pm On Feb 26, 2018
9tailskid:

OKAY... Then i copy the E2OPL (hope it's the right one) to it then move it to my FMCB memory card?
Do that prior to formatting the Flash drive.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by 9tailskid: 7:26am On Feb 27, 2018
Oluwaseunsodiq:

Okay. Thanks.
The installing method is the same as OPL right? Give me hints please, and oh Good morning.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by 9tailskid: 4:59pm On Mar 05, 2018
Oluwaseunsodiq:

Okay. I've got an issue bro. I tried upgrading my OPL to the latest version and when i got to the part where i have to choose where to place the OPL.. The 3rd option shows HD Loader.. I'm a bit confused as to whether that's the same thing as OPL.
Re: Can I Use One Memory Card For My Ps2 And Android Phone by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 6:52pm On Mar 05, 2018
9tailskid:

Okay. I've got an issue bro. I tried upgrading my OPL to the latest version and when i got to the part where i have to choose where to place the OPL.. The 3rd option shows HD Loader.. I'm a bit confused as to whether that's the same thing as OPL.
Could you post a picture of what you are talking about? I really don't understand what you mean since it's been quite long I used a ps2.

(1) (Reply)

Can Dell Latitude E6420 Run HD Games? / Gta 4 Free Download / Easy Way To Downgrade Sony PS3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.