Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:58 PM

Fashola’s Aide Resigns, Cites Medical Condition. Yar'Adua Pls Resign! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola’s Aide Resigns, Cites Medical Condition. Yar'Adua Pls Resign! (1067 Views)

Gov. Nyesom Wike's Media Aide Resigns / Fashola's Aide Shocks APC In Lagos Rally / Gov. Amaechi's Aide Resigns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola’s Aide Resigns, Cites Medical Condition. Yar'Adua Pls Resign! by walata44(m): 8:19am On Dec 01, 2009
Fashola’s aide resigns, cites medical condition
By Mudiaga Affe, Published: Tuesday, 1 Dec 2009

The Special Adviser to the Lagos State Governor on Information and Strategy, Mr. Segun Ayobolu, on Monday formally resigned from the state cabinet.

Ayobolu said he was suffering from high blood pressure and acute ulcer.

His resignation, however, created shock among some members of the cabinet, who said the action took them by surprise.

At a valedictory session during the SEC’s meeting, the state Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Opeyemi Bamidele, who announced Ayobolu’s resignation, said it would take effect from 12am on Tuesday.

Bamidele said the special adviser had informed Governor Babatunde Fashola about the decision, adding that the governor had willingly his explanation.

Ayobolu was the Chief Press Secretary to the immediate past governor, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, for six years (1999-2005); Permanent Secretary/Special Adviser, Ministry of Information and Strategy (2005-2007); and Special Adviser to Fashola on Information and Strategy from 2007-2009.

Speaking further on his medical condition, Ayobolu said he had been facing the medical challenge since 1984. he said the situation made him lose one academic session at the university.

While thanking the state government for giving him the opportunity to serve for about 10 years, he said it was time for him to seek medical attention.

He said, “A few months ago, I sought the attention of Governor Fashola, which he granted me, in spite of his tight schedule.

“I have been contending with high blood pressure and acute ulcer, which I felt were beginning to take their toll on my performance. I need to take care of myself. That is the primary reason why I am resigning.

“I come from Kogi State and I know no other state can give me the kind of opportunity that Lagos State gave me. That is the uniqueness of Lagos.”

No fewer than five commissioners expressed surprise at Ayobolu’s action.

Those who expressed shock included the commissioners for Establishment and Training, Mr. Jide Sanwoolu; Science and Technology, Dr. Obafemi Hamzat; Rural Development, Mr. Lanre Balogun; and the Head of Service, Alhaji Yakub Balogun, among others.

Sanwoolu said, “It is coming to me as a shock, but he has demonstrated what true leadership is all about. This is a good test case – that you can bow out when the ovation is loudest.”

Fashola, however, apologised to the commissioners, who had expressed surprise, saying the resignation became inevitable as a result of his (Ayobolu’s) failing health.

He expressed regret that the vacuum Ayobolu had left would be difficult to fill, but noted that the special adviser had played a critical role in the development of his administration.

Fashola said, “We have laboured hard to build a team. His exit will create a huge vacuum. It will be unfair for us to continue to ask him to stay when we know the situation. We are committed to exploring the best medical attention to address his problem.

“He has been in the service of the government in the last 10 years and I appreciate the many things he has been doing. This is a demonstration that one cannot be so desperate to hold on to public office in the face of failing health.”

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2009120133931
Re: Fashola’s Aide Resigns, Cites Medical Condition. Yar'Adua Pls Resign! by lannre(m): 12:04pm On Dec 01, 2009
He tried
Re: Fashola’s Aide Resigns, Cites Medical Condition. Yar'Adua Pls Resign! by semid4lyfe(m): 12:27pm On Dec 01, 2009
So 9ja man sabi resign? Hmmm.
Re: Fashola’s Aide Resigns, Cites Medical Condition. Yar'Adua Pls Resign! by walata44(m): 12:36pm On Dec 01, 2009
He has been in the service of the government in the last 10 years and I appreciate the many things he has been doing. This is a demonstration that one cannot be so desperate to hold on to public office in the face of failing health.”

I think Yar'Adua needs to learn from this man action.
Re: Fashola’s Aide Resigns, Cites Medical Condition. Yar'Adua Pls Resign! by Kx: 12:42pm On Dec 01, 2009
Its a lie,naija serving govt officer resigned?

I see hope.

The light always shines from Lagos.

May God grant u speedy recovery.

Soon,some aboki somewhere will
do a press conference and tell us it was propaganda by d south to force yaradull to resign.

If only we realised that health comes first,but still they wont listen sad

Little wonder why the bible says wisdom is d principal thing.
Re: Fashola’s Aide Resigns, Cites Medical Condition. Yar'Adua Pls Resign! by bjmighty(m): 5:19pm On Dec 01, 2009
Wow! May God heal Segun Ayobolu. I wish this foolish Yar'dua can learn from this humble gentleman!
Re: Fashola’s Aide Resigns, Cites Medical Condition. Yar'Adua Pls Resign! by babapupa: 10:12pm On Dec 01, 2009

We wish him good luck.

Fashola not too happy to see him gone.

The team @ Alausa saying good bye.

Good Luck and God Speed.

(1) (Reply)

News Report: Nigeria's Three Most Influential Retired Generals Re-unite / Mammy Market Closes 6pm, Coup Scare! / Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.