Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,203 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers (1066 Views)

Most Of The Results From Punch And Vanguard Are Fake / More Lies Against Gov Sullivan Chime From PUNCH Newspaper...read For Yourself / Get Live News From Punch, Vanguard, Thisday And Guardian Sent To U Daily (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 12:39pm On Apr 18, 2010
SUNDAY PUNCH NEWSPAPERS 18/04/2010.

Comments :

It is a shame that even Oasanjo still rule Nigeria, even after milking us dry. I am ashamed of Jonathan, and most ashamed of EFCC, and because all this will, Ibori is now gaining popular sympathy from Nigerians. Where is the thief called Obasanjo? Where is the thief called IBB? They are all enjoying their loots. Stop this political persecution. I am also ashamed of PUNCH Newspapers. It is very evident that you too are biased. Shame on you all.
Posted by: Sunday , on Sunday, April 18, 2010

Report this comment

if want to get ibori,he comes out at night to auto–lounge,in adeola odeku,VI,lagos.however,he is protected by so call mobile police security,so mrs farida waziri please stop fooling Nigerians
Posted by: chris , on Sunday, April 18, 2010

Report this comment

EFCC is not serious at all, maybe because of the Head is weak. If it’s serious, it ought to have arrested Ibori, Igbinedion, Peter odili, Orji Uzor Kalu and the likes of these. EFCC can’t claim ignorance of the whereabout of Ibori. They are just afraid. Nobody can hide away from the eyes of EFCC, even if the culprit travels abroad. The Head of EFCC should be changed immediately for inefficiency, corruption, and unseriousness. Prof. Wole Shoyinka or Elder E.K Clark will do better in EFCC
Posted by: Donaldson C. Donaldson , on Sunday, April 18, 2010

Report this comment

The problem in Abia States is, those who alerted EFCC about the frozen account owed by orji Uzo has all deid from, why? But all Abians are praying that the wrath of God will certainly come upon them (ORJIS) because that states is GOD"S OWN STATES, not orji"s family.
Posted by: NWA ABIA STATE , on Sunday, April 18, 2010

Report this comment

But whom shall we blame? Ibori has empty the states account, but if this fund is recovered who will give an account where it goes. formal EFCC boss made over #5billion naira within a short time, nobody care, Abacha"s loot recovered, where is the money? nobody cares. Our president and Governors will becomes billion with six months in the office, that was their mission, BUT ONE MAN HAS SHOWN ME THAT NIGERIA WILL ONE DAY CHANGE–WHO IS THAT? LAGOS STATE GOVERNOR.
Posted by: UMU ABIA WOKEUP , on Sunday, April 18, 2010

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201004184302471
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 12:45pm On Apr 18, 2010
From the comment here, it is evident, that even the hunters ate from the same plate Ibori ate from, and his chase is beginning to attract sympathy, and it may soon back fire on the "chasers", except they do what is right; and that is, "bring all corrupt officials to justice".
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by Oboma1(m): 1:04pm On Apr 18, 2010
One thing i know for sure is that, demon cannot cast out demon. Jonathan should start this ibori's hunt with his wife and obasanjo. His ugly wife too, is a thief.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2010
Oboma1:

One thing i know for sure is that, demon cannot cast out demon. Jonathan should start this ibori's hunt with his wife and obasanjo. His ugly wife too, is a thief.

Why call Jonathan's wife ugly? This is not fair at all. Soon, you will Jonathan, Baba-suwe.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by Oboma1(m): 1:15pm On Apr 18, 2010
I hate injustice. Just like one of teh comments above, Ibori is a thief no doubt, but compare what he did in Delta and what happened in Edo state? Obviously, there is a reason EFCC is looking for him and not on corruption grounds, else IBB, OBJ, Atiku, Abdulsalami, Igbienedion, Odili etc should have been in jail a long time ago.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 1:22pm On Apr 18, 2010
I am not against your comment here, but I was against you calling someone's wife ugly. The main reason why EFCC is chasing after Ibori will soon be known soon. As it is very now very evident, that Jonathan is fighting Ibori, because he was against his ascending the office of the Presidency. Besides, Ibori is still in the bad books of OBJ, who is now the new godfather in Nigerian politics (becos of Jonathans current position).
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by Oboma1(m): 1:29pm On Apr 18, 2010
It is not only that, Jonathan knows Ibori wants to contest the next elections with either IBB or with Atiku, that is why the political persecution.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 1:34pm On Apr 18, 2010
Oboma1:

It is not only that, Jonathan knows Ibori wants to contest the next elections with either IBB or with Atiku, that is why the political persecution.

Nigerian politics has become such a game that, even 2 brothers can kill one another just to become relevant. The case of Andy and Chris Uba is a typical example. With the new title attached to it "do or die", then it will be very hard to get a true leader, for fear of being killed.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by Oboma1(m): 1:39pm On Apr 18, 2010
EFCC have shown one reason we cannot have state police in Nigeria. In as much as I will never support corruption, I hate seeing government agency being used as a tool to intimidate opposition (whether as pay back or not).
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2010
Oboma1:

EFCC have shown one reason we cannot have state police in Nigeria. In as much as I will never support corruption, I hate seeing government agency being used as a tool to intimidate opposition (whether as pay back or not).

Well, will one really say that, Jonathan is paying Ibori back for what he did? Come to think of it, did Ibori really attack Jonathan, or he was only trying to protect himself, by making sure the government of the day remains, so that, a day like this never come?
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by Oboma1(m): 1:48pm On Apr 18, 2010
You may be right here, since he knew his enemies where at the door waiting for him.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 1:51pm On Apr 18, 2010
This woman is really confused, as she has become a tool under the present government. How I wished, she started this immediately she assumed that position;  Corruption in this country would have subsided.

Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by chidichris(m): 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2010
maybe ppl are begining to open their eyes now. i knew it from the unset.
there was no real war on corruption under obasanjo and ribadu.
the jonathan of a man is where he is today because he sold out alams like judas did to Jesus.
he became too loyal to obasanjo and gained the trust that yielded him the present position he is occupying today.
in which country of the world can a ribadu get direct instructions from obasanjo to probe or and not probe a person over corruption charges?
the inccidents that followed the exit of ribadu from office made us understand that efcc was never an institution rather it was a one man show.
how can nigerians believe obasanjo and ribadu when they made us to believe that abacha was the only corrupt past president nigeria ever had?
how are we to believe those who legalised looting among their loyalists?
i have said it here times without numbers, Ibori shld stand his ground and fight this war with every possible weapon. he must make sure that at least 100 ppl go down before him. he must not let himself to be picked and treat like a child as was the case of alams.
if obasanjo,goodluck and co are ready to fight corruption, let them make it a general thing and not a selective business.
on the other hand, the rumour of ribadu coming back to nigeria will be because of the nearness of the elections because he will act very well as a distractive factor as we saw in the last election where oposition had their bitter battles in passing the screening of ribadu.
i am well convienced that ribadu will not have an easy run this time arround.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 6:11pm On Apr 18, 2010
chidichris:

i have said it here times without numbers, Ibori shld stand his ground and fight this war with every possible weapon. he must make sure that at least 100 ppl go down before him. he must not let himself to be picked and treat like a child as was the case of alams.
if obasanjo,goodluck and co are ready to fight corruption, let them make it a general thing and not a selective business.
on the other hand, the rumour of ribadu coming back to nigeria will be because of the nearness of the elections because he will act very well as a distractive factor as we saw in the last election where oposition had their bitter battles in passing the screening of ribadu.
i am well convienced that ribadu will not have an easy run this time arround.

When I said the other time, that OBJ was now in power, that Jonathan is the weakest link in Yar'adua's govt, many short-sighted shouted me down, but I wonder why they have all gone too now. You can now see the hand writing of OBJ hunting those they dont want to contest 2011 elections. The same method they used to pick Yar'adua is now in force. Am I wrong?
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by Oboma1(m): 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2010
It is becoming obvious that Nigerians are becoming wiser by day. That is why we want the likes of IBB to go and sit down, for their season has expired. OBJ have better prepare his grave, for if he continues this way, the spirit that took away Rimi is still by the corner.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 6:39pm On Apr 18, 2010
Wole Soyinka: How Smart Are Thou? • Shuu, Notin Be Wayo, My Neighbour Na Sense Pass Sense - Urhobo Man
(****ANOTHER SUITABLE TOPIC FOR THIS: HOW JONATHAN DECEIVED WOLE SOYINKA****)

BY MICHAEL ODIGBE
If the truth must be told, then Acting President Goodluck Jonathan outsmarted Prof Wole Soyinka during the latter’s visit to the Presidential Villa. During the encounter, Dr Goodluck Jonathan spoke sweetly about his commitment to the amnesty deal with Niger Delta ex- militants and Uwais recommendations for electoral reforms, Soyinka told us Dr. Goodluck Jonathan’s credentials however shouldn’t make him a credible person to an illiterate Ring Road shoe repairer in Benin let alone a person of Professor Wole Soyinka’s intellectual calibre. See, to start with, Jonathan is a beneficiary of Obasanjo’s political largesse of candidate imposition in 2007.

Who doesn’t know that, deploying his power of incumbency, Obasanjo used military fiat to draft as well as impose Yar’Adua and Jonathan as PDP Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidates. Fortunately enough, the PDP constitution which discounts internal democracy aided Obasanjo to achieve his goal.

Secondly, Jonathan and Yar’Adua are also inheritors of the Presidential Villa through flaw elections in 2007 masterminded by Obasanjo. Atleast, Yar’Adua told the nation this in 2008. Hence, he set up the Uwais Panel to recommend the way forward for credible election in 2011, so to speak.

Thirdly, it is no longer a hidden secret that Jonathan is a protégé- sorry, I mean a Godson-of Obasanjo. Therefore, the soul of Jonathan’s words, thoughts and deed is
Obasanjoran. In other words, Jonathan will always be Esau in Nigeria’s current political equation as Obasanjo plays Jacob.

Certainly, it is these three salient facts our cerebral Wole Soyinka ought to take into consideration when dealing with Jonathan. Soyinka indeed, ought to dine and wine with Jonathan, a personification of Obasanjo, with a long, wooden spoon. Sadly enough, this is not what happened. Rather Soyinka walked into the Presidential Villa on March 27, 2010. to see Jonathan and came out pleased with him.

Apparently, playing Obasanjo smart card Jonathan was able to “convince “Soyinka that he holds the Uwais recommendations on electoral reforms clear to his heart. So when Soyinka emerged from the Villa he turned information communication minister for Jonathan.

Hear Soyinka: “We also discussed electoral reforms of which he is a very clear supporter. He is a very keen believer in it. I got very good vibrations from him. I believe from every conversation, and even before now that he is of a different cast of mind and that if everything is left to him, I have no doubt at all that there will be a commendable tempo in the passage of the Uwais report and recommendations.

A corper who chooses anonymity is so bemused that a man of Wole Soyinka’s calibre could be so gullible as to be bamboozled by Jonathan’s homily on Uwais report. Yet, while discussing with Jonathan, it was “Obasanjo” he was talking to literally. Afterall, there is no political difference between Jonathan and Obasanjo argues the corper.

In simple terms therefore in the Presidential Villa tete-a-tete held on 26th March, 2010 the acting president Jonathan outsmarted Soyinka. Too true Jonathan gave him a pinfall. While behaving like Sun Tzu, a one-time chief strategist and a teacher of Chairman Mao. The man Sun Tzu in his work THE ART OF STRATEGY says: “Always use rewards, distractions, substitutions and inconsistencies to keep yourself in control over your opponents”.

These are Sun Tzu strategies Jonathan seems to have adopted in his meeting with Soyinka which made him believe that Obasanjo-sorry, I am talking about Jonathan –is a true supporter of Uwais report and recommendations on electoral reforms.

Weekend Observer is of the opinion that from his recent outing with Jonathan, it appears Soyinka is yet to understand what “smartness” is all about. For this reason, the magazine this week will dwell on this subject which is critical for survival of men and nation.
Preliminaries

Recall the biblical story of how Christ handled the issue of taxation during the days of the Roman empire. The Jews had searched in vain for ways of putting him in trouble so that he might be jailed or crucified for treason. Finally, they settled for one which centred around payment of taxes to Caesar, emperior of the Roman Empire.

And, so, they asked Christ: “Is it proper to pay taxes to Caesar instead of God since you claim we should only pay tribute to God?” Christ knew they had set a trap for him. If he told them not to pay tribute to the supreme God, he will be accused of anti-Godism. Meanwhile, if he says that they shouldn’t pay tribute to Caesar but only to God, he would be branded a treasonable felon challenging Caesar’s rule. A catch-22 situation.

Well, Christ had the presence of mind to take the Jews’ question in stride. He asked the Jews to produce a coin used for paying taxes and engaging in other monetary transactions. The Jews did. Thereafter, Christ asked them which insignia the coin had.

They answered that it was that of Caesar. At this exact point, Christ delivered novelistic the denouement that unsettled them. He said: “Therefore, give to Caesar what is Caesar’s and to God what is God’s”.

Chikena … Ofone …Oku-agu-yes, finish. Alas, Christ outsmarted the Jews plotting his downfall, with his apt response.
The 1966 Nzeogwu Coup

Appraising Christ’s performance, an Urhobo man merely say: “Shuu, notin be wayo atal atal, my neighbour. Na sense only pass sense”. True talk. The “sense” displayed by Christ was the same one also displayed by Major Tim Onwuatuegwu, one of the five major’s involved in the Nzeogwu coup of January 1966. Major Onwuatuegwu was assigned by the coup makers to take care of Brigadier Samuel Ademulegun and Colonel Sodeinde, all living in Kaduna.
When the major broke into Brigadier Ademulegun’s bedroom, he flicked on the light. Behold, the brigadier who was in bed with his wife, was roused from sleep only to find the major brandishing a sten machine gun in his hand.

Brigadier Ademulegun shouted at him: “What the hell are you doing here, Tim? How did you get here in the first place?

But Tim Onwuatuegwu countered: “Sir, you are under arrest!! !”
From Tim’s reply, Brigadier Ademulegun knew he was in deep trouble. But he was a brave soldier who wouldn’t give up so easily. Therefore, his smart mind began to work out a survival plan as his right hand slowly inched towards his service pistol lying at a spot near the head of his bed. At this climactic point, his wife was already on her knees pleading with Major Onwuatuegwu to save their lives.

Hopefully, Brigadier Ademulegun saw the wife’s move as a good distraction for Major Onwuatuegwu. It would enable him to quickly pick up his service pistol and gun him down, Brigadier Ademulegun thought.

However, Major Onwuatuegun who had pushed his sten gun’s safe catch and had his finger on the trigger was smarter. He saw through all the plot. So, he pulled the trigger. A cascade of shot rang out, leaving Brigadier Ademulegun and his wife dead in a pool of their own blood.

Major Onwuatuegwu took no chances with the Brigadier and his wife. He outsmarted them to survive. But Major Chukuma Nzeogwu was not as smart as Onwuatuegwu in his interface with Major-Gen Thomas Aguiyi-Ironsi, their Nigeria’s first military head of state After Nzeogwu’s 1966 coup had failed, he was making plans to move on to Lagos from his Kaduna base with a military contigent of loyal troops to topple from power opportunistic Ironsi had become military head of state based in Lagos following the botched coup by Nzeogwu, who at the time was still in control of the North from his secured base in Kaduna.

Ironsi realized that it wouldn’t be feasible to take on Nzeogwu in a military power contest. Therefore, he used transparent subterfuge to domesticate Nzeogwu. How? He sent Col. Conrad Nwawo, a kinsman of Nzeogwu, to Kaduna to plead with him to come over to Lagos for negotiations to end the coup.

Nzeogwu swallowed the bait. When he arrived Lagos with Col. Nwawo, he was promptly detained by Ironsi. Alas, he was outsmarted. His rebellion was crushed because his arrest signaled the decapitation of the coup.

Now, enter General Babangida (1985 – 1993). Before he became a military head of state in Nigeria he demonstrated his swashbuckling, smart carriage as a colonel on February 13, 1976. On this day, Lt. Colonel Bukar Sukar Dimka was leading a coup against the regime of General Murtala Mohammed. Dimka had already seized Radio House at Ikoyi from where news of the coup was being announced at intermittent intervals.

While the coup was on, Babangida was the army officer sent by then army Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Theophilus Danjuma to the Radio House to “dialogue” with Dimka. A coup in progress is a war situation by all definitions. Invariably, Babangida should have gone to the Radio House armed to the teeth. But he was smart enough to realize that if he did so, Dimka would consider him an enemy combatant. This explains why he went to the Radio House without even his service pistol.

While there he called out to Dimka who appeared in a corridor of the Radio House clutching a gun. On seeing him, Dimka said in hausa raising his gun: “How I wish I could shoot you dead right away. Certainly, you are not on my side.”

Smiling, Babangida retorted, also, in hausa: “Ah! There will be nothing wrong for the world to hear that I have been killed. Not by anyone else but my own dear friend, Dimka.

Trust, Babangida’s smart conversational skill disarmed Dimka’s suspicion of him. At the end of the day, Dimka invited Babangida into the Radio House. There Babangida delivered Lt. Gen. Theophilus Danjuma’s message to Dimka and other coup plotters. The message? It was what their demands were so that the coup could be annulled. Of course, Dimka outlined their requests with which Babangida left the Radio House.

However, unknown to Dimka, the smart Babangida didn’t only come to the Radio House to “know” their demands, he equally came for two reasons. Firstly, he called to spy on Dimka’s military defences at the Radio House. Secondly, he wanted to give Dimka the impression that there was no need to press on with the staggering coup since all the coup plotters’ grievances will be addressed by government. Deploying these tactics, Babangida was able to create a cooling period for the coup as well as enable Lt. Gen. Theophilus Danjuma mobilize resources for a counter-coup to neutralize Dimka and his colleagues.

Hence, it was no surprise that moments after leaving the Radio House, Babangida re-appeared in battle fatigues leading a convoy of armoured personnel carriers, ferret cars, saladins and truckloads of loyal troops. He came not to deliver Lt. Gen. Theophilus Danjuma’s favourable reply to Dimka’s demands but to flush him out of the Radio House. That is exactly what Babangida did during his second coming. Too true, he outsmarted Dimka in the unfolding power game at the Radio House.

Why the opposition should be wary of Jonathan
Briefly, what a wise man learns from these smart cases cited in this magazine is that life is a football match in which opponents try to out smart each other with dare-devil opportunism. In life victory goes to someone who is not necessarily Godfearing or more muscular, determined, resourceful and hardworking but to a smarter person.

It is for this reason, for instance, that NPN of old and the PDP of today have been winning elections through massive rigging.

Coincidentally, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan is a member of this same PDP which its chairman Vincent Ogbulafor has boasted will rule Nigeria for sixty years. Like other members of the PDP, Jonathan wants national, state and local government political relevance for the party. Still, like his PDP colleagues Jonathan has natural phobias about a life in Nigeria without PDP in control of the central government in Abuja. Given all these, he will always be a protagonist of PDP victory at all elections. This is more so now that he is the flagbearer of the party, being its acting president.

Therefore, it is surprising that Wole Soyinka can so easily be taken in by Jonathan’s “sweet” talk about institutionalizing the Uwais’ electoral recommendations. Does Soyinka need to be told that in all sincerity – Jonathan hates them naturally. This is because they won’t enable the PDP to win the presidency, keep its majority in the national and state houses of assembly; state government houses; as well as local government councils? So does it mean Soyinka is unaware that Jonathan is wearing a PDP bone around his neck presently as acting President of Nigeria.

He is not going to eat the bone; neither is he contemplating to hand it over to another president from another party in 2011. Respondents told (Weekend Observer) that since every politician is a Machievillian, one should therefore expect Jonathan to play Winston Churchill’s card. So, it is a tragedy for the Soyinkas to believe that Jonathan will preside over the liquidation of PDP presidency in 2011 through accepting an Uwais recommendations that guarantees free and fair elections. Infact, an insider informed Weekend Observer that Obasanjo is even grooming Jonathan for the 2011 presidency, using the smart tactics and strategies for which he is well known. Weekend Observer has no reason to doubt this. For instance, taking a close look at Obasanjo’s political antecedents reveal that he is a pathological schemer who believes all is fair in war.

Hence, he is merciless in his bid to outwit everyone else but himself in any encounter. It is in pursuance of this philosophy of Machievelli that made him out smart Babangida, Abdulsalami Abubakar and other power-brokers like Atiku who offered the presidency to him on a platter of gold in 1999. They wanted him to play the role of John the Baptist for the North that is, stay in office for one term and leave in 2003 to allow in a Northerner, probably Babangida, to come in as president. However, smart Obasanjo stayed in office until 2007. That is, he was president for two terms. As if this wasn’t enough, he schemed for a third term that would have ended in 2011.

However, this plot didn’t work. Later, in anger and frustration, he imposed a sick northerner Umaru Yar’Adua and Dr. Goodluck Jonathan as president and vice-president of Nigeria, respectively. The arrangement was calculated to allow Jonathan to become president when in future a medically in capacitated Yar’Adua is unable to complete his first term in office.

Also, it is in a diabolic bid to outsmart others that Obasanjo tricked the Loobo governors of the South-Western State in AD Party into a fake political arrangement during the 2003 general elections that saw them losing out to the PDP. Similarly, playing the same disingenuous game of tricking others, Weekend Observer recalls that Obasanjo invited Asari-Dokubo, a Niger Delta freedom fighter, to the Presidential Villa for dialogue only to arrest and detain him for over a year

. Lest one forgets, Obasanjo again used decoy to give Charles Taylor of Liberia asylum in consonance with Britain, America and other African collaborators. Later, he contrived a false escape with Taylor that allowed him to be driven in a government vehicle to a neighbouring state’s border. There, Taylor was accused of trying to escape. He was arrested by the SSS, put on board a plane and subsequently flown to Hague, The Netherlands where he is now facing trial a the ICC at genocide, war crimes and crime against humanity.

Wole Soyinka ought to know from these incidents that Obasanjo is a very smart, cunny man to be cautious of. Much more, Soyinka is supposed to be aware that Jonathan is an Obasanjo in government. So anything treatise by Jonathan on the need to adopt the Uwais report and recommendations is all sugar talk full of sound and fury. It signifies nothing since it is made to deceive Soyinka, a great pillar of support for progressives in Nigeria.

Oops, what a lucky man Goodluck Jonathan has always been imagine, once again, he has been lucky with outsmarting an erudite scholar of Soyinka’s sanding. But what a calamity for Nigeria’s opposition!!

http://nigerianobservernews.com/10042010/weekendobserver/features/indexfeatures2.html
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by Enjoyment1(f): 6:56pm On Apr 18, 2010
selingel:

Wole Soyinka: How Smart Are Thou? • Shuu, Notin Be Wayo, My Neighbour Na Sense Pass Sense - Urhobo Man
(****ANOTHER SUITABLE TOPIC FOR THIS: HOW JONATHAN DECEIVED WOLE SOYINKA****)

BY MICHAEL ODIGBE
If the truth must be told, then Acting President Goodluck Jonathan outsmarted Prof Wole Soyinka during the latter’s visit to the Presidential Villa. During the encounter, Dr Goodluck Jonathan spoke sweetly about his commitment to the amnesty deal with Niger Delta ex- militants and Uwais recommendations for electoral reforms, Soyinka told us Dr. Goodluck Jonathan’s credentials however shouldn’t make him a credible person to an illiterate Ring Road shoe repairer in Benin let alone a person of Professor Wole Soyinka’s intellectual calibre. See, to start with, Jonathan is a beneficiary of Obasanjo’s political largesse of candidate imposition in 2007.

Who doesn’t know that, deploying his power of incumbency, Obasanjo used military fiat to draft as well as impose Yar’Adua and Jonathan as PDP Presidential and Vice-Presidential candidates. Fortunately enough, the PDP constitution which discounts internal democracy aided Obasanjo to achieve his goal.

Secondly, Jonathan and Yar’Adua are also inheritors of the Presidential Villa through flaw elections in 2007 masterminded by Obasanjo. Atleast, Yar’Adua told the nation this in 2008. Hence, he set up the Uwais Panel to recommend the way forward for credible election in 2011, so to speak.

Thirdly, it is no longer a hidden secret that Jonathan is a protégé- sorry, I mean a Godson-of Obasanjo. Therefore, the soul of Jonathan’s words, thoughts and deed is
Obasanjoran. In other words, Jonathan will always be Esau in Nigeria’s current political equation as Obasanjo plays Jacob.

These are facts we already know; Mr. Reporter we need fresh news!.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 7:10pm On Apr 18, 2010
Enjoyment1:

These are facts we already know; Mr. Reporter we need fresh news!.

Well, some of the facts might be old, but it is another way of educating the public and more so, it is a public forum, let others benefit. Jonathan is not worth the praise. He is just playing out someone's scripts.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by redsun(m): 7:14pm On Apr 18, 2010
To be a member of pdp means being a member of the criminal syndicate and like any other criminal sydicate,out of greed and stupidity,they gang against one another every now and then.

Ibori shouldn't be pitied,he is just paying the price that all of them will eventual pay when their time is up
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 8:47pm On Apr 18, 2010
redsun:

To be a member of pdp means being a member of the criminal syndicate and like any other criminal sydicate,out of greed and stupidity,they gang against one another every now and then.

Ibori shouldn't be pitied,he is just paying the price that all of them will eventual pay when their time is up

You are very correct. That is why IBB wants to join the party of like-minds so a s to achieve his dream. Yes, Ibori is a thief but you need to see how Delta was in 1999, and how Delta was after he left. Go to Benin, and you will forever curse Igbienedion, and wonder EFCC still allow him cruise round town with customised cars in Abuja unmolested, and not even with a security aide. Is this not another case of selective justice and injustice in Nigeria? Why?
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by redsun(m): 8:52pm On Apr 18, 2010
selingel:

You are very correct. That is why IBB wants to join the party of like-minds so a s to achieve his dream. Yes, Ibori is a thief but you need to see how Delta was in 1999, and how Delta was after he left. Go to Benin, and you will forever curse Igbienedion, and wonder EFCC still allow him cruise round town with customised cars in Abuja unmolested, and not even with a security aide. Is this not another case of selective justice and injustice in Nigeria? Why?

Why is the motherfuck-er so sure he is going to win?because he is been pre-elected as the member of the criminal gang that runs nigeria(pdp).

There no election in nigeria on presidential level.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 9:20pm On Apr 18, 2010
redsun:

Why is the motherfuck-er so sure he is going to win?because he is been pre-elected as the member of the criminal gang that runs nigeria(pdp).

There no election in nigeria on presidential level.

He knows that, if he can scale through the primaries at PDP, the sky is the limit. That is why he is running away from other parties. He should have tasted his popularity with other parties first. He will be brought to shame in this forthcoming elections.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by naijamini(m): 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2010
I cannot believe this crap about Ibori's Chase being unjustified and getting him sympathy - surely the sympathy of syncophants whose job is precisely that.

Nigerians don't need to worry about which thief is catching which thief. Don't they say that only a thief can track a thief on the rock. Na so so they will turn on each other.

If Jonathan has a case to answer, surely his day would come, but until then I don't care who is bringing Ibori to justice. Let him show up and defend himself. If there is no honor among thiefs, whose fault is that.

Nigerians should just stop being their own worst enemies by protecting those who don't give a hoot about your pathetic life simply because a thief is chasing a thief.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 10:48am On Apr 19, 2010
naijamini:

I cannot believe this crap about Ibori's Chase being unjustified and getting him sympathy - surely the sympathy of syncophants whose job is precisely that.

Nigerians don't need to worry about which thief is catching which thief. Don't they say that only a thief can track a thief on the rock. Na so so they will turn on each other.

If Jonathan has a case to answer, surely his day would come, but until then I don't care who is bringing Ibori to justice. Let him show up and defend himself. If there is no honor among thiefs, whose fault is that.

Nigerians should just stop being their own worst enemies by protecting those who don't give a hoot about your pathetic life simply because a thief is chasing a thief.

See guy, Ibori is just being persecuted for his stand for Yar'adua and family. He deserves whatever he is getting though, eventhough it is now glaring that, Jonathan is being used to achieve this, so that Ibori will drop his VP election stand. Whether people are pitying him or not, does not hold water, but the method and the real reason behind should not be ignored.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by chidichris(m): 11:37am On Apr 19, 2010

@naijamini,
if u have been following my posts even in the days of ribadu, i am of the opinion that since this country is no man's land, let them enjoy the opportunities they have without disturbing the common man.
obasanjo and atiku have been together in the stealing industry for years but simply because they disagreed over third term, obasanjo through his dog(ribadu) turned to us to say, this man atiku is a criminal. funny enough, atiku shamelessly said yes dog, i am acriminal but i do that with your master(obasanjo).
we are no longer against their criminalities but let them leave us alone.
everybody has equal right even in the stealing industry of nigeria so if odili has the right to steal and live, ibori shld equally be allowed to steal and live.
iyabo obasanjo is facing criminal charges of which we were mearnt to understand that efcc dloes not lie so why fast forwarding the case of atiku leaving everyother case behind?
if they want to move nigeria forward, let the laws be for all nigerians and not for a few.
until somebody constitutionally ask our politicians their sources for all the crazy mansions they build over nights, we will not be anywhere close to war against corruption.
I CHALLANGE ANYONE IN THIS FORUM TO MENTION HIS/HER STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY MEMBER AND TELL US HOW RICH HE WAS BEFORE TAKING THE POST AND HOW RICH HE IS NOW AFTER THE OFFICE.
they are all criminals so let this justice be for all and not just ibori
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by selingel: 6:02pm On Apr 19, 2010
chidichris:

@naijamini,
if u have been following my posts even in the days of ribadu, i am of the opinion that since this country is no man's land, let them enjoy the opportunities they have without disturbing the common man.
obasanjo and atiku have been together in the stealing industry for years but simply because they disagreed over third term, obasanjo through his dog(ribadu) turned to us to say, this man atiku is a criminal. funny enough, atiku shamelessly said yes dog, i am acriminal but i do that with your master(obasanjo).
we are no longer against their criminalities but let them leave us alone.
everybody has equal right even in the stealing industry of nigeria so if odili has the right to steal and live, ibori shld equally be allowed to steal and live.
iyabo obasanjo is facing criminal charges of which we were mearnt to understand that efcc dloes not lie so why fast forwarding the case of atiku leaving everyother case behind?
if they want to move nigeria forward, let the laws be for all nigerians and not for a few.
until somebody constitutionally ask our politicians their sources for all the crazy mansions they build over nights, we will not be anywhere close to war against corruption.
I CHALLANGE ANYONE IN THIS FORUM TO MENTION HIS/HER STATE HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY MEMBER AND TELL US HOW RICH HE WAS BEFORE TAKING THE POST AND HOW RICH HE IS NOW AFTER THE OFFICE.
they are all criminals so let this justice be for all and not just ibori

Well said jare. You have said it, the same way it is.

@naijamini, the truth is always bitter, embrace it the way it is stated above.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by naijamini(m): 3:02am On Apr 20, 2010
selingel:

Well said jare. You have said it, the same way it is.

@naijamini, the truth is always bitter, embrace it the way it is stated above.

Obviously, Ibori is deploying his billions with the hope of escaping this round. Given that realization it is not even worth discussing the merits of Ibori's argument with you, so I 'll just leave you guys alone to enjoy your loot ---- not.

In reality, the more Ibori attempts to protect himself by this fallacious arguments, the more he piles red-hot coal on his own head and anybody that partakes in this self-deceit with him, until the judgement come visiting upon them. If they won't voluntarily give up their loot and free the Nigerian people from their psychotic, $astard-like stealing, it will be taken from them another way! Each day the clock is ticking - tic-toc-tic-toc cool.

Unlike others Ibori has nowhere to run, he already fouled up the usual refuge, so it is a fight to the finish within Nigeria! No matter how long it takes, the long-suffering people of Nigeria will win agains a 1000 Iboris and their lackies.
Re: Ibori's Chase, Attracts Sympathy To Him - Comments From Punch N/papers by Hardtalk: 6:57pm On Apr 20, 2010
I just heard that Militants dealt with Security and EFCC men that went to arrest Ibori at Delta. The Express road leading to Oghara from Benin or Warri was blocked. The men had to flee!.

(1) (Reply)

Who Bombed Abuja? ~ Video / Nigeria's Failing Educational System: Why? / The Church As A Powerful Tool In Nigeria's Politics; Yet Being Misused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.