Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,944 members, 7,952,804 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 02:21 AM

California To Exit The United States - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / California To Exit The United States (1637 Views)

Brexit: United Kingdom To Exit The European Union On January 31 / Officials Announce Proposal For California To Secede From The United States! See / California To BREAK AWAY From The US As Searches For 'secession' Soar! #calexit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

California To Exit The United States by kettykin: 5:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
New York – California has announced a proposal, called “Calexit” that would establish it as a separate nation from the U.S., officials have said. The proposal for California to secede from the U.S. was submitted to the Secretary of State’s Office on Thursday, according to a report.Calexit” would ask voters to repeal part of the state constitution that declares California an inseparable part of the U.S. A recent poll found that one in three California residents would support a possible secession from the U.S. due to their opposition to President Donald Trump, according to the proposal. No mention has been made of the president in the proposal. If the proposal qualifies for the ballot and is approved by voters, it could be a step to a future vote on whether the state would break away from the rest of the nation. Secretary of State Alex Padilla said the group behind the proposal, ‘Yes California Independence Campaign’, was cleared to begin attempting to collect nearly 600,000 voter signatures needed to place the plan on the ballot. “In our view, the United States of America represents so many things that conflict with Californian values. “And our continued statehood means California will continue subsidising the other states to our own detriment, and to the detriment of our children,” the Yes California Independence Campaign’s website says.

1 Like

Re: California To Exit The United States by tit(f): 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
Buhari,burantashi and the hailers, food is ready
Re: California To Exit The United States by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 6:00pm On Jan 28, 2017
The Silicon Valley alone can sustain Africa, not to talk of Carlifonia.
I don't support this though
Re: California To Exit The United States by kettykin: 6:04pm On Jan 28, 2017
The question is will US military, and police start shooting down unarmed voters and pollers in this incidence that is aimed at truncating the unity and oneness of the United States

1 Like

Re: California To Exit The United States by FreeGlobe(f): 6:07pm On Jan 28, 2017
Only Nigeria's unity is not negotiable all through the world

1 Like

Re: California To Exit The United States by DjAndroid: 6:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
FreeGlobe:
Only Nigeria's unity is not negotiable all through the world
I wonder ooo

I found out more on twitter.

Re: California To Exit The United States by cstr55: 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
kettykin:
The question is will US military, and police start shooting down unarmed voters and pollers in this incidence that is aimed at truncating the unity and oneness of the United States
Only weak and utterly pitiable nations bully their citizens. The US is not a weak nation and does not need to show her strength on protesters.
As for the topic, This is not the first time though . Even Texas being a republican state wanted to seceed under Obama and it never came to pass because they could not even muster enough votes to get it to congress.
California is a Blue state. They are just aggreived at the trump presidency. cheesy They will soon calm down.
Re: California To Exit The United States by BiafranPrince: 6:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
Waiting for when the U.S Marines, Navy Seals, Army and National Guard will start firing at these Calexit people...

2 Likes

Re: California To Exit The United States by Stingman: 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
BiafranPrince:
Waiting for when the U.S Marines, Navy Seals, Army and National Guard will start firing at these Calexit people...

You dey mind these people...?

1 Like

Re: California To Exit The United States by vengertime: 6:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
Mcheew, when are we doing wake keeping for our dead president?
Re: California To Exit The United States by cstr55: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
InyinyaAgbaOku:
The Silicon Valley alone can sustain Africa, not to talk of Carlifonia.
I don't support this though
A single company in the silicon valley is worth more than all the oil wells in Africa.
The top 10 biggest and richest companies in the world are in california. They could be the richest country in the world with less than 40 million people
If they leave, america will never be the same again. Atleast 30% of the american economy will go with them. It will never happen anyway. cheesy

1 Like

Re: California To Exit The United States by Kondomatic(m): 6:31pm On Jan 28, 2017
BiafranPrince:
Never gonna happen. They have a president not a Nomad.
Re: California To Exit The United States by bankyblue(m): 6:47pm On Jan 28, 2017
I can imaging that joy of an IPOB now, if yes California can work. Why won't we get our own country?

But sorry u can't get it tongue
Re: California To Exit The United States by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jan 28, 2017
Beginning of the end

California no go
America don dey scatter
Nigeria sef somehow

I'm leaving this country Nigeria
I'm going to Edo grin

1 Like

Re: California To Exit The United States by Jglad(f): 7:10pm On Jan 28, 2017
cummando:
Beginning of the end

California no go America don dey scatter Nigeria sef somehow

I'm leaving this country Nigeria I'm going to Edo grin

Edo is close na, y not Ogun... Just make sure u leave Nigeria
Re: California To Exit The United States by idupaul: 7:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
Thats not going happen California does not belong ro satanist .
Re: California To Exit The United States by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
Jglad:

Edo is close na, y not Ogun... Just make sure u leave Nigeria
Will you come along? I'll buy biscuit for you

1 Like

Re: California To Exit The United States by browniex: 9:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
cstr55:

Only weak and utterly pitiable nations bully their citizens. The US is not a weak nation and does not need to show her strength on protesters.
As for the topic, This is not the first time though . Even Texas being a republican state wanted to seceed under Obama and it never came to pass because they could not even muster enough votes to get it to congress.
California is a Blue state. They are just aggreived at the trump presidency. cheesy They will soon calm down.
just as the clownish Igbos are aggrieved at buhari presidency,why didnt they call for Biafra during jonathan's presidency
Re: California To Exit The United States by Jglad(f): 9:56pm On Jan 28, 2017
cummando:
Will you come along? I'll buy biscuit for you
Add viju milk, I will follow u grin
Re: California To Exit The United States by AZeD1(m): 10:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
kettykin:
The US police has been killing unarmed people for years....
Re: California To Exit The United States by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 28, 2017
Jglad:

Add viju milk, I will follow u grin
Mama nneka say viju don finish
But Goldberg and nkwobi dey
Ha fa na?
Re: California To Exit The United States by Jglad(f): 10:54pm On Jan 28, 2017
cummando:
Mama nneka say viju don finish But Goldberg and nkwobi dey Ha fa na?
Nah, I don't do Goldberg... No fayrouz ni? Or Hollandia yoghurt?
Re: California To Exit The United States by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 28, 2017
Jglad:

Nah, I don't do Goldberg... No fayrouz ni? Or Hollandia yoghurt?
Chair see f up. Den get origin
Re: California To Exit The United States by Jglad(f): 11:08pm On Jan 28, 2017
cummando:
Chair see f up. Den get origin
No, thanks... I'd rather not. Good night
Re: California To Exit The United States by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 28, 2017
Jglad:

No, thanks... I'd rather not. Good night
Goodnight

(1) (Reply)

NATO Chief Says Alliance Won’t Protect Israel If Iran Attacks / Israeli Soldiers Sleeping At The War Front / Breaking News : Donald Trump Found Guilty on all charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.