Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,550 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

11 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria [2017 Method] - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria [2017 Method] (5352 Views)

Ten Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2017 / Teacher Assaults SS2 Student In Imo After Pestering Her For Sex (Photos) / Webometrics Ranking Of Universities/Polytechnics In Nigeria - 2017 Edition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria [2017 Method] by Error111: 9:59pm On Jan 28, 2017
Due to the present economic recession in the country, students have no choice, than to combine a particular business with their school work in order to raise funds. Also considering the economic decadence and the unequal distribution of money in the nation, businesses are not really booming like the way it use to be. This has highly left a blow on the face of the Nigerian students, as almost all the businesses done in schools in one way or the other, do not breakeven, not to even talk of emerging into great businesses afterwards.
Nevertheless, we have done a thorough research and compiled a list of businesses that Nigerian student can venture into, to help them make money during their stay in the school, without having a negative effect on their academics.
So let’s get down to the real deal...

Sure Ways Student Can Make Money In 2017

Make Money Helping Post-Utme Student Secure There Bags:
I actually put this first because, i under-estimated this business until me and my brother decided to give it a try in the last FUTA post-utme, we made a whooping sum of #17,000 Naira for a period of 3 days. Though we covered other expenses, that left us with nothing less than #8,000 Naira each. That was only possible because we added our own initiatives, we got a table, chair and large umbrella.

Make money photocopying your school handout/past questions: i use to do this personally in FUTA, until i got better business ideas, and i upgraded. Since my dad has a strong HP 3in1 printer, all i do is to find past questions, gather the useful ones(3 years) then i photocopy it and sell in class to my fellow colleagues.And if am to tell you the truth, though the money was small, i was able to eat comfortable and survive a whole semester, when my parents received no salary for 3 months.

Selling Used Products on Classified Ads(OLX): You can make recurrent cash helping people to sell there used or unwanted materials on Classified ads(OLX, JIJI, MOBOFREE). I personally employ this method about 5 times every month, and am proud to say, i back home nothing less than ₦8000 per month. I charge an average of ₦1500 for each product that i’m helping people to sell and sometimes, i’m been giving extra ₦500 for the kind did.

Offer to Teach Fellow Students on an Hourly Basis: Though i didnt give this a try, virtually all brilliant dude in the university as made one money or the other when they teach there fellow colleagues. Though the money might be quite small, the fact is, the more you teach the more you know. You can as well hold private lessons in the evening. Simply put some notes on the university hallways offering personal tutoring services and ask for a good rate.

Use Your God Given Skills to Make Money: Are you good in writing essays, drawing diagrams or portraits? Do you know how to do makeup, why not offer this service for a fee? Today, many people forget or look down on them -at the end of the day, they graduate from school and start hopping from one place to another looking for jobs that needs you to become James Bond in order for you to get them.

Start Working as an Estate Agent: This is quite flexible. With houses springing around universities, students always have challenges of getting accommodation. So why not act as that go between. As an agent, your job is to look for houses for students and you are paid a commission of 10% per transaction. You can simply upload your listing for onwww.findbuyorrent.com
Use your Internet Savvy Skills to Make Money: You can make cool cash by facilitating the registration of students for Post-Ume examinations. For those who aren’t internet savvy. You could also help them do their course registration for a fee.

Provide AD Services: Talk to any organization which you think would like to have their presence felt in the university. Offer them an opportunity to advertise their goods and services on a branded shirt. You can also partner with foreign companies and outsiders by being there ambassador in your school. One of my friend was a google student ambassador.

Blogging: I want to believe you already know what a blog is. And I want to believe you already know the ways it can be used to make money.Though this is a business one can do with little or no capital, but when it is brought up as a money making venture, the first image that first comes up is Google Adsense. Well, for your information, that’s just a tip of the iceberg when it comes to making money at home without cash. You could sell adspace directly to advertisers, sell a service, advertise banners of local businesses etc. The opportunities are basically limitless.But I don’t have a laptop yet? You can start with an Android phone!!!! Yes, just set aside some little money for data subscriptions.

Use Youtube: Are you good in modeling or dancing? Then you-tube is a platform to make good money when you post videos of your post online. The video uploaded should include your dancing or make-up techniques. By so doing you increase the chances of people viewing your upload. As people get to see your video -you make money if you have a youtube account. It’s so easy. Just create amazing content consistently, and you’ll be rolling in traffic. I’m just kidding. Even if you know what you’re doing, content marketing takes a lot of work. But it can pay off in a big way.

Laundry: Many people don’t have time to wash their clothes, and they won’t mind paying others to do it for them. Instead of not having something to do, why not consider this? Between, many things we think are ‘degrading’ are actually profitable. Just have the right thoughts!!!!Are you looking for businesses that can be done in Nigeria with little capital? Here you are. Do more researches. Pray to God to help you. And, do something!!!!!!

NOTE: As a student, only choose businesses that require little amount of your time. Use you IQ and initiatives to your advantage, you can make more money by improving your knowledge base, don’t do business that will take you 4 weeks away from school, thinking you are earning much. you only earn more by learning more i.e updating the knowledge upstairs.

Source: http://nigeriaschoolsupdate..com/2017/01/Make-Money-As-A-Student-In-Nigeria-2017.html

Re: 11 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria [2017 Method] by Error111: 10:15pm On Jan 28, 2017
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Dominique
Seun
Re: 11 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria [2017 Method] by TheBestManKnow(m): 11:26pm On Jan 28, 2017
Please try this, very easy https://ecooperativesite./
Re: 11 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria [2017 Method] by aanuoyedele(m): 12:29am On Jan 29, 2017
You are right bro. This is an eye opener to those who have the interest. Thanks for sharing.

distinctiveimpact..com
Re: 11 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria [2017 Method] by KingsJohnson(m): 4:30am On Jan 29, 2017
aanuoyedele:
You are right bro. This is an eye opener to those who have the interest. Thanks for sharing.

distinctiveimpact..com

Lol! grin grin grin grin grin

Check my signature to start making cool cash today, trust me no stress involve
Re: 11 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria [2017 Method] by KoladeKoded(m): 11:45am On Jan 29, 2017
i love this
Thanks for sharing
Re: 11 Sure Ways To Make Money As A Student In Nigeria [2017 Method] by Nigeriahomebiz(m): 7:45am On Oct 12, 2019
I like how you said 11 ways. It gives people many options to find how to make money in Nigeria as a student but there are still many more you haven't mentioned yet.

(1) (Reply)

Photo Of Student With Parallel F9 In 2017 WAEC / Lecture And Demonstration Method Of Teaching: What Is The Difference? / Lagos Trains 1000 ICT Teachers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.