Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

My Best Friend's Bridal Shower - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / My Best Friend's Bridal Shower (1129 Views)

Nengi Entered The Shower With Ozo & Invited Trickytee - Ka3na / BBNaija Mistakenly Shows Nina's Shower Time / #BBNaija: Miracle And Nina Kiss & Romance In The Shower (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Best Friend's Bridal Shower by Orikinla1: 3:19am On Jan 29, 2017
COMING SOON!
"My Best Friend's Bridal Shower", a romantic comedy by Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima

Re: My Best Friend's Bridal Shower by Orikinla1: 12:51pm On Jan 29, 2017
The story. Part 1.

Nkechi Igwe is a single beautiful young upwardly mobile investment banker based in New York City and shares an office with her close associate and friend, Lucy Hayes, a young Caucasian feminist who is a real estate broker and is also single.
They are making reservations for their summer vacation in the Bahamas when Lola Adejumo, Nkechi's best friend in Nigeria from nursery school to secondary school calls to inform her that she getting married and wants Nkechi to come to Lagos city to help her organize her bridal shower. Nkechi is happy to hear the good news and excited to organize the bridal shower. She tells Lucy that she has to postpone going to the Bahamas, because she is going to Nigeria for her best friend's bridal shower. Lucy says she will accompany her, because she cannot go to the Bahamas without Nkechi.
So, they postpone their reservations for the Bahamas and leave for Nigeria.

They arrive at the Murtala Muhammad International Airport in Lagos and get an Uber taxi cab to take them to one of the best five star hotels in the city. Lucy days the hotel must be close to the beach. The Uber driver, a very handsome young man recommends Eko Hotel on Victoria Island. Lucy becomes friendly with the driver who says his name is Ubadike Chukwuemeka.
"Ubadike means wealth is power and Chukwuemeka means God has done me well. Just call me Uba," he says shaking Lucy's hand. Nkechi politely avoids shaking his hand. She whispers to Lucy, that she knows she does not shake hands with strangers.
Uba drives them to Eko Hotel and Lucy gives him her call card before he leaves.
Nkechi calls Lola and she is excited to hear that she is accompanied by her American friend and wants them to come to her residence immediately. Nkechi says they want to rest after the long flight and will see her the following day.

The following day, Lucy says she has a headache and cannot follow Nkechi to Lola's place. She calls Uba to come and take Nkechi. Then she tells him to return immediately to answer her questions on how Uber is doing in Nigeria. He quickly drives Nkechi to Lola's place and rushes back to the hotel.
Lola and her family are excited to see Nkechi as they welcome her with hugs and kisses. And Lola's mother says she is cooking Nkechi's favourite food of water yam porridge and smoked fish.
"With red pepper!" Nkechi exclaims cheerfully.
"Mama should come over to NYC and open an Ijebu eatery. Her Ijebu water yam porridge and fish will be sold out!"
"Are you serious?" Lola's mother says.
"Mama, I am not joking. There are enough Nigerians who will rush to eat Ikokore. Even the African Americans and Latinos will love it."
"That is a big business idea," says Lola.
"Food business is big business and profitable," says Nkechi.
Lola pulls her to a corner and whispers into her ears.
"What? He is crazy!" Nkechi shouts.
"I know you will not keep quiet," says Lola.
"What's that?" Lola's mother asks.
"Tunji," Nkechi says with a hiss.
"Tunji, wants her back and asking her to cancel her wedding after he got her pregnant and fled to London," says Lola's mother.
"He is a crazy vagabond!" Lola's father shouts.
"He thinks my daughter is a fool."
"He says he is coming to beg," Lola says with a hiss.
Nkechi laughs out aloud.
"He dares not even come near our house. I will unleash my dogs on him," says Lola's father

At the Eko Hotel, Lucy flirts with Uba and they end up making out before Nkechi returns. Lucy tells Uba to dress up quickly and leave as she hears Nkechi pressing the door bell. Uba forgets to put on his boxers before wearing his trousers, shirt, tie and shoes. Lucy opens the door for him to leave as Nkechi comes in. She makes a face in grimace of surprise to see Uba with Lucy who notices his boxers on the bed and quickly hides them from Nkechi as she puts the boxers under her own bed. But Nkechi notices that she is acting funny. Lucy asks her about Lola and the preparation for the bridal shower.
Nkechi tells her about how Lola's ex boyfriend wants to scuttle her wedding.
"He must be a nut case!" Lucy says.
"Baddass nigga," says Nkechi.
The following day, Lucy declines going to Lola's place with Nkechi.
"Can you be honest with me Lucy. What's going on?"
"Nothing. I will be at the bridal shower tomorrow."
"But it's good to meet her first before the event."
Lucy wants to call Uba again to come and take Nkechi to Lola's place, but she waves it off.
"No. Not him again! What are you up? Don't forget, this is my country and I have not forgotten the routes to different places in Lagos. I was born and bred here. "
She leaves for Lola's place by going out of the hotel and taking one of the local yellow cabs on the street.

At, Lola's place, all her close friends who will be her bridesmaids have come to plan the bridal shower.
Some of them who know Nkechi rush to hug her excitedly with cheerful smiles of joy.
As they sit and chat with drinks and small snacks, Lola receives calls from Tunji and shouts that he should stop harassing her. Nkechi takes the mobile phone from her to talk to Tunji and sternly tells him to leave Lola alone. But Tunji cuts her off.

Later, when Nkechi returns to the hotel, she sees that Lucy is not in their room. She soon finds her sitting alone at the beach and gazing at the Atlantic ocean in the sunset. She sits by her side.
"I know where to find you "
"Just meditating," says Lucy.
"What's going on?"
"I have done it here again."
"Are you kidding me?"
"No. I couldn't stop myself."
"Within forty eight hours of being in Nigeria for the first time?"
"C'est LA vie," Lucy says in French, meaning such is life.
"Who was the lucky guy this time? The hotel manager or you met a hunk at the swimming pool?"
"No. Not the hotel manager and not the handsome life guard "
"Then who? Wow! Don't tell me. Hugh...the Uber driver "
Lucy nodded.
Nkechi jumped to her feet and laughed out aloud.
"The Uber driver! No wonder, you were calling him to come over to drive me to Lola's place. That's why you stayed back in room."
"He was great in bed. He kept going for thirty minutes before coming and I have never felt so blown away in one awesome orgasm. I thought I was going to pass out."
"I thought you have given up on men."
"Yes. I said that in US. American men. But this is not America."
"Welcome to Nigeria!"
"Are all the Nigerian men so hot in bed?"
"Are you sure we are still going to the Bahamas?"
"After the bridal shower, let's stay until after the wedding."

NEXT
Tunji crashes Lola's bridal shower.

Re: My Best Friend's Bridal Shower by Orikinla1: 9:45am On Jan 31, 2017
The Bridal Shower

On the day of the bridal shower, Tunji drives to the street where Lola lives. He is accompanied by his close buddy Ade Mogaji. Both of them are well dressed in suits. He parks his Range Rover Sport about 30 meters close to Lola's house, where he can see whoever is entering or leaving the place.
"I must see Lola today and propose to her," says Tunji, bringing out a diamond ring.
"This diamond ring will blow her mind!" Ade says.
"And I will tell her that we will leave for London immediately after our wedding. I will offer her what her Average Joe fiancé cannot give her. He is just an ordinary bank manager "
"While you are your own boss 24/7. CEO of Capital Trust. With you, her future is secure."
"Now, let's see how to lure her out of the house. She will answer my call. So, let's look for any girl nearby to send to lie to her that one aunty is waiting for her outside."
"Dress up first. You will really look like an aunty."
"God help me. I can't lose Lola to another guy."
They bring out a wig, long gown and other accessories to disguise him as a woman.
Re: My Best Friend's Bridal Shower by Orikinla1: 4:40pm On Feb 11, 2017
Meanwhile, Nkechi, Lucy and Lola are watching a video on How to Plan a Bridal Shower Party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNFz5yGP_7A

"Let's make sure your bridal shower is unforgettable. And nothing is missing," says Nkechi.
"Tunji is still harassing me with his phonecalls," says Lola.
"Just block him," says Lucy.
"I blocked calls from his numbers. But he is using other phone numbers."
"You need to get body guards for your bridal shower and report the sonofabitch to the police," Nkechi says.

(1) (Reply)

Lekki Has Fallen- The Movie. A Must Watch. / Am I The Only One Who Hasn't Watched Black Panther? / 2018 Movies So Far.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.