Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It (5948 Views)

Photos Of Smuggled Suvs Worth N1.374billion Intercepted By Nigeria Customs. / Smuggled Snakes, Spiders Intercepted By Customs In Calabar (Photos) / Career Intelligence Job Recruitment Scam: Stealing From Job Seekers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 7:04am On Jan 29, 2017
So I got this news circulating on media about replacements/vacancies in the Nigeria customs. Interested candidates were asked to send their C.V to info.nigeriacustomservice@mail.ru or replacement_ncs@gmail.com. Well as an ambitious young man, I decided to give it a try. I sent my c.v together with a cover letter to the first email. I applied for the post of 'Assistant superintendent of customs ii (ASCII) consol 07'. I sent the mail on Sunday, 22nd January 2016. Below is the screenshot of the scam vacancies.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 29, 2017
You should have known it's a scam from the email addresses.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 7:10am On Jan 29, 2017
I was replied around 4:55pm the next day. An application form was attached. Note that a different mailbox was used in this case(nigeriacustomservices.inbox@gmail.ru). I was asked to submit the completed form back to this same email. Below is the screenshot of the mail I received and the form attached.

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 7:11am On Jan 29, 2017
I completed the form and sent it back to the same mail on Tuesday, 24th January 2016. I got a mail the next day acknowledging the successful submission of my application. I was even given an application number. cheesy below is the screenshot

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by nifemi25(m): 7:13am On Jan 29, 2017
Won fe gba e ni ooooooooooooo.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 7:14am On Jan 29, 2017
I didn't have to wait for long, grin I got another mail this morning, miraculously, I have been selected for interview/training at their headquarters in Abuja. The interview/training was stated for 22nd February 2016. I was asked to pay the sum of #10,600 into the secretary's account with the account name Umaru T. Sam, account number 0071674268.(Diamond bank)
Below is the screenshot.

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 7:16am On Jan 29, 2017
How did I know they are scammers?

1. Actually, I knew right from the start. A quick google search revealed the whole scam to me. I proceeded with the application just to expose the people behind this. The informations i provided on my c.v/application forms were all wrong.
2. A corporate organization such as Nigeria customs will not use 2-3 different emails/mail providers in their recruitment process. Most times their website comes with a webmail e.g info@customs.gov.ng, pro@customs.gov.ng
3. Nigeria customs will never ask you to pay any sum into a personal account.
4. They were too fast to reply my mails. It took them 5 days to review and select me for an interview.

I believe these people can be traced from their bank information using BVN. I implore concerned authorities to please look into this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 7:17am On Jan 29, 2017
CC lalasticlala, seun, mynd44. This might help someone.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 7:18am On Jan 29, 2017
coolesmile:
You should have known it's a scam from the email addresses.

I know, was just playing along
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by charijee(f): 10:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
All these scammers sef....
Just imagine the stress they go through just to scam ...
Leks see how them wan use you shine grin
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by JeffreyJamez(m): 10:56pm On Jan 29, 2017
bqlekan:
So I got this news circulating on media about replacements/vacancies in the Nigeria customs. Interested candidates were asked to send their C.V to info.nigeriacustomservice@mail.ru or replacement_ncs@gmail.com. Well as an ambitious young man, I decided to give it a try. I sent my c.v together with a cover letter to the first email. I applied for the post of 'Assistant superintendent of customs ii (ASCII) consol 07'. I sent the mail on Sunday, 22nd January 2016. Below is the screenshot of the scam vacancies.

Mail.ru?.......You didn't see that as a red flag? Lol.....Plus,no government agency uses Gmail,they all use a . gov custom domain grin
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 8:02am On Jan 30, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Mail.ru?.......You didn't see that as a red flag? Lol.....Plus,no government agency uses Gmail,they all use a . gov custom domain grin

I tell you brother. I actually knew about the scam before applying. I wanted to see how it goes down. I took the time to edit my c.v and I didn't upload my original passport.. grin I had that time. cheesy

I think the guy can be traced with the account number right?
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 8:04am On Jan 30, 2017
charijee:
All these scammers sef....
Just imagine the stress they go through just to scam ...
Leks see how them wan use you shine grin

Lol.. Don't mind them. I was just passing time. That is what happen when you are jobless. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 30, 2017
I'm glad you are sharp pikin, with the recession n so many unemployed looking for work it good you posted this dear. All the best with your future endeavors.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by JeffreyJamez(m): 8:57am On Jan 30, 2017
bqlekan:

I tell you brother. I actually knew about the scam before applying. I wanted to see how it goes down. I took the time to edit my c.v and I didn't upload my original passport.. grin I had that time. cheesy

I think the guy can be traced with the account number right?

Yes he can lol....But he might just be one out of many.
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 9:48am On Jan 30, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

Yes he can lol....But he might just be one out of many.
You are right sha.. May God help us..
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 9:50am On Jan 30, 2017
Adanna86:
I'm glad you are sharp pikin, with the recession n so many unemployed looking for work it good you posted this dear. All the best with your future endeavors.

Thanks and you too ma'am

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 30, 2017
bqlekan:

Thanks and you too ma'am

Most welcome dear

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 10:47am On Jan 30, 2017
Eldeevee, com and see something grin
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by charijee(f): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2017
bqlekan:

Lol.. Don't mind them. I was just passing time. That is what happen when you are jobless. cheesy
Next time don't give them such attention cheesy

You have no idea what joblessness means......maybe your profession should be taken from you so you'd understand better. . grin..Always be grateful .....
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by ElDeeVee(m): 12:21pm On Jan 30, 2017
bqlekan:
Elde.evee, com and see something grin

You did well, son.
I see you are learning this shii very fast.
Great stuff!
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 12:36pm On Jan 30, 2017
charijee:
Next time don't give them such attention cheesy

You have no idea what joblessness means......maybe your profession should be taken from you so you'd understand better. . grin..Always be grateful .....

Lol, just kidding.. That was too harsh from you..
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by charijee(f): 1:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
bqlekan:

Lol, just kidding.. That was too harsh from you..
lol...same here grin.......been long I came harsh on you though grin.........errm scratch that, just to let you know I'm back wink

You ain't angry, right?
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 1:11pm On Jan 30, 2017
charijee:
Been long I came harsh on you.........errm scratch that, just to let you know I'm back wink

You ain't angry, right?
Lol, angry kwa? Glad you are back... *dancing skelewu on pins* grin
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by charijee(f): 1:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
bqlekan:

Lol, angry kwa? Glad you are back... *dancing skelewu on pins* grin
Oh thanks boo kiss
Only skelewu? ....what of shakiti bobo? grin
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 2:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
charijee:
Oh thanks boo kiss Only skelewu? ....what of shakiti bobo? grin
Hahaha, shakiti bobo kor disco nii grin .. Don't derail my thread ooo.. cheesy
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by charijee(f): 3:43pm On Jan 30, 2017
bqlekan:

Hahaha, shakiti bobo kor disco nii grin .. Don't derail my thread ooo.. cheesy
Lolgrin ...you mean our thread cheesy.....best thread to derail, atleast no one would arrest me

So tell me, what's happening?

You know I've missed you abi? wink
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 3:52pm On Jan 30, 2017
charijee:
Lolgrin ...you mean our thread cheesy.....best thread to derail, atleast no one would arrest me

So tell me, what's happening?

You know I've missed you abi? wink

Lol... I am hoping this thread will reach FP.. grin let's not derail nah..

Well I know you missed me tongue I do too.. Trust me tongue

What's happening o? Okay, I've been home for 'God knows how long'. The national treasury is getting depleted grin
God should just do his miracle..
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by charijee(f): 4:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
bqlekan:

Lol... I am hoping this thread will reach FP.. grin let's not derail nah..

Well I know you missed me tongue I do too.. Trust me tongue

What's happening o? Okay, I've been home for 'God knows how long'. The national treasury is getting depleted grin
God should just do his miracle..
Alright, no more derailing

Don't worry dear, God will make a way
Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by bqlekan(m): 8:12pm On Jan 30, 2017
charijee:
Alright, no more derailing

Don't worry dear, God will make a way

grin AMEN O.. thank you..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Customs Recruitment Scam, Don't Fall For It by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jan 31, 2017
Adanna86:

Most welcome dear

Ayy baebae, put more sexy into it yo.

(1) (Reply)

Man Buys Power Bank From Computer Village Then Found This After Opening It / PICS:::A Weird-looking Man With No Skin On His Head Was Caught stealing / Watch CCTV On Phone Or Laotop Anywhere.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.