Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,781 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:47 PM

How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. (6350 Views)

Igor Moroz Destroys His Mercedes-AMG G63 SUV By Dropping It From Helicopter / Inkas Reveals N432m Bulletproof Mercedes Benz G63 AMG Limousine (photos) / The N500 Million Mercedes Benz G63 AMG Limo (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Homguy(m): 9:14am On Jan 29, 2017
I was driving jejely when i saw this G-wag flashing me from my rear view mirror. The road wasnt so free however, but i was going 110km/hr. On the continuous flashing i felt my 09 corolla should be able able to accelerate faster than the Gwag due to its bulk, i put on my hazard lights and started weaving through traffic until i got through and floored my pedals. My engine groaned but i continued. The Gwag couldnt weave through so easily so he was stuckfor a while. The next time i checked my rear view i saw the Gwag coming with full speed at this time i was at 170km/hr+. My accelerator was still floored but this beast just overtook me like i was coasting. I felt my car shudder a bit when he passed. i already knew it was no contest at all but i just wanted to see if my driving skills might place me ahead. Sadly i was wrong.

After i saw the G63 AMG badge on it. I was ashamed and very humbled to have even thought of humiliating such a beast.

Lesson learnt angry
grin grin

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:17am On Jan 29, 2017
always respect elders lol

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Readonee35L(m): 9:18am On Jan 29, 2017
Why would you race a twin turbo V8 .
With you 140hp 4 banger corolla.

27 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:20am On Jan 29, 2017
170kph on that road I'm seeing?......That's a lie.

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Homguy(m): 9:22am On Jan 29, 2017
Readonee35L:
Why would you race a twin turbo V8 .
With you 140hp 4 banger corolla.
Chief ,he was not so close when i floored my pedals.
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by mayor2013: 9:22am On Jan 29, 2017
Next time use your stethoscope to check your corolla's engine beatand that of the Gwagon. You can also check when you get home. 2AR engine should cost nothing less than 400k. Disrespectful boy grin

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Homguy(m): 9:24am On Jan 29, 2017
JeffreyJamez:
170kph on that road I'm seeing?......That's a lie.
hehehe,from Owo to Uso village is quite a stretch and the road is fair bro.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by JeffreyJamez(m): 9:25am On Jan 29, 2017
Homguy:
hehehe,from Owo to Uso village is quite a stretch and the road is fair bro.

But 170? ....On a corrolla?.... naaahi still refuse to believe lol

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by kingreign(m): 9:39am On Jan 29, 2017
Homguy:
I was driving jejely when i saw this G-wag flashing me from my rear view mirror. The road wasnt so free however, but i was going 110km/hr. On the continuous flashing i felt my 09 corolla should be able able to accelerate faster than the Gwag due to its bulk, i put on my hazard lights and started weaving through traffic until i got through and floored my pedals. My engine groaned but i continued. The Gwag couldnt weave through so easily so he was stuckfor a while. The next time i checked my rear view i saw the Gwag coming with full speed at this time i was at 170km/hr+. My accelerator was still floored but this beast just overtook me like i was coasting. I felt my car shudder a bit when he passed. i already knew it was no contest at all but i just wanted to see if my driving skills might place me ahead. Sadly i was wrong.

After i saw the G63 AMG badge on it. I was ashamed and very humbled to have even thought of humiliating such a beast.

Lesson learnt angry
grin grin

The year is still young and I believe Gazzuzz, Mayor, I and others will be called upon to change more engines. The money go sweet o grin
That is my comment cool

11 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by GAZZUZZ(m): 9:57am On Jan 29, 2017
kingreign:

The year is still young and I believe Gazzuzz, Mayor, I and others will be called upon to change more engines. The money go sweet o grin
That is my comment cool

this year will be sweet for bois.
grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by kingreign(m): 10:08am On Jan 29, 2017
JeffreyJamez:

But 170? ....On a corrolla?.... naaahi still refuse to believe lol
I've pushed that 2009 corolla (Middle East/Arabian specs) to 210km/h.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by mayor2013: 12:05pm On Jan 29, 2017
kingreign:

That is my comment cool

Yes o tongue
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by ironheart(m): 12:30pm On Jan 29, 2017
That moment when an ant thinks itself an elephant

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Sunymoore(m): 1:10pm On Jan 29, 2017
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Phonefanatic: 1:25pm On Jan 29, 2017
So you know how to use a condom and not to smoke but not to limit your speed......continue.

Look closely that's number 55 that overtook you. You are 56.

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Kjnwancaro: 1:32pm On Jan 29, 2017
Next time you try it be careful with your handling so as not to have your car blown into bush from the wind of the G Wagon

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by nams77: 4:42pm On Jan 29, 2017
Una dey try with all this una speed. I can't even try it now. Life is too sweet and precious. My top speed then was about 160 km /hr and my mind was just telling me say what if something happen now, na be say na baba God you see so. I was just dusting everything on that ughelli- warri Express with my benz190 e 1.8L. I even dusted one highlander 03 model grin. Though I know say d guy just leave me make I dey show myself that day. And come to think of it, it was the eve to my trad wedding, and I was returning from Madam's village. Thank God say devil /my village people no put hand for the matter

19 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by diportivo: 6:39pm On Jan 29, 2017
Na why accident for that stretch between owo and akure dey always kill plenty ppl

I fear dat road pass oyo-ogbomosho

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by thegame(m): 8:57pm On Jan 29, 2017
@ OP, let me tell you a story.

In 2012 when I was still a youth corper, I used to escape to Lagos a lot from serving town, osogbo in osun state to enjoy my gidi life as a proper Lagos boy. Our CDs used to be on Thursdays so whenever I run to Lagos on weekends, I usually just leave Thursday morning so I can make it to my CDS meeting latest by 9. Now note, I have never missed my meeting or gotten there late despite leaving Thursday mornings. I start my journey around 5:30/40 and I make it down before 9. I used to drive a well maintained Camry 2.2 aka Diamond and My car was living the life.

Now on this thursday, I had gotten to Iwo road around 8am and I was doing about 140/50 on that stretch, heading towards gbongan. At that speed, it's not speedometer you will fix your eyes on but the road. I looked in my center mirror and I saw AN ANGEL EYES BMW 5 Series GRAN TURISMO coming behind me, it was a 530 or 535i, not so sure. I thought the guy would be with me in bout a min or two or at least make him sweat a little, before I could say jack, dude had breezed past me. I will never forget that day and despite me being a benz person, I actually appreciated BMW that day. That particular car is unique.i doubt any of their other cars could have had the guts to overtake me that way on that day due to our roads and all but dude did it and I never saw him past the next 4 seconds. Vroom, my uncle was gone.

Morale of the story is, a car needs a befitting driver. If you overtake one person driving a g63 and/or any turbo engine, you were only being allowed to play or maybe show off. Those stuff under the hood are not your mates.

Hope my story will make you chill the next time you see a solid German on the road. And just honk your horn as a show of respect for allowing you pass. grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by grrrhh(m): 9:35pm On Jan 29, 2017
If Biturbo v8 = two turbos on two i4s, connected to one shaft
then
G63 AMG = corrola * 4

Forget this dynamic physics
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by aieromon(m): 11:11pm On Jan 29, 2017
170km/h on the Akure-Owo expressway?

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Homguy(m): 11:34pm On Jan 29, 2017
thegame:

In 2012 when I was still a youth corper, I used to escape to Lagos a lot from serving town, osogbo in osun state to enjoy my gidi life as a proper Lagos boy. Our CDs used to be on Thursdays so whenever I run to Lagos on weekends, I usually just leave Thursday morning so I can make it to my CDS meeting latest by 9. Now note, I have never missed my meeting or gotten there late despite leaving Thursday mornings. I start my journey around 5:30/40 and I make it down before 9. I used to drive a well maintained Camry 2.2 aka Diamond and My car was living the life.

Now on this thursday, I had gotten to Iwo road around 8am and I was doing about 140/50 on that stretch, heading towards gbongan. At that speed, it's not speedometer you will fix your eyes on but the road. I looked in my center mirror and I saw AN ANGEL EYES BMW 5 Series GRAN TURISMO coming behind me, it was a 530 or 535i, not so sure. I thought the guy would be with me in bout a min or two or at least make him sweat a little, before I could say jack, dude had breezed past me. I will never forget that day and despite me being a benz person, I actually appreciated BMW that day. That particular car is unique.i doubt any of their other cars could have had the guts to overtake me that way on that day due to our roads and all but dude did it and I never saw him past the next 4 seconds. Vroom, my uncle was gone.

Morale of the story is, a car needs a befitting driver. If you overtake one person driving a g63 and/or any turbo engine, you were only being allowed to play or maybe show off. Those stuff under the hood are not your mates.

Hope my story will make you chill the next time you see a solid German on the road. And just honk your horn as a show of respect for allowing you pass. grin
Bro,you see,the bolded was the major reason i even attempted such a vain feat, that small odd that the driver of the G wag might not have the guts to push such a hefty ride that far. I wagered on the wrong horse tho. smiley undecided

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Homguy(m): 11:41pm On Jan 29, 2017
grrrhh:
If Biturbo v8 = two turbos on two i4s, connected to one shaft
then
G63 AMG = corrola * 4

Forget this dynamic physics
hehehe, see as you just ridicle my humble,obedient,reliable ride.. Still love my corolla until something better shows up.
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Homguy(m): 11:45pm On Jan 29, 2017
nams77:
Una dey try with all this una speed. I can't even try it now. Life is too sweet and precious. My top speed then was about 160 km /hr and my mind was just telling me say what if something happen now, na be say na baba God you see so. I was just dusting everything on that ughelli- warri Express with my benz190 e 1.8L. I even dusted one highlander 03 model grin. Though I know say d guy just leave me make I dey show myself that day. And come to think of it, it was the eve to my trad wedding, and I was returning from Madam's village. Thank God say devil no put hand for the matter
Drive some very recent cars and you would not know when you start ticking 160km/hr.
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by nams77: 8:15am On Jan 30, 2017
Homguy:
Drive some very recent cars and you would not know when you start ticking 160km/hr.
Bros. I like that car. It inspires confidence. The balance, the road handling, stability and suspension is just breathtaking
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by snipesdam(m): 9:20am On Jan 30, 2017
thegame:

Homguy:

Lesson learnt angry
grin grin

OP Infact I have a confession. Yesterday on my way back from Benin to Portharcourt through Sapele , Warri, Ugheli, Patani Road with my corolla 1.8ltr 06 240km/hr speedometer. I left by 10:44am was @ Tank junction East West Road PH when Bae called me to know whats up, that was exactly 2pm.

So immediately join Sapele Road I was dusting every thing on the road 140km/h to 160km/h. Until there was brief traffic so however a Kia Sportage which has been eating my dust manoeuvred and was ahead of me. It took about 5mins to catch up manoeuvring other cars. Then i guess the guy maxing about 170-180km/h, I haven't even floored my pedal i just added a little boost to 190km/h and he was eating my dust again not until we got the round about in warri shoprite area where he gave me the horn of respect and headed his direction.

So the next chapter began through warri patani road, I was enjoying my drive 160km/h dusting everything ahead of me. Not until i saw this Oga that OP just talked about A Gwag with V8 Tundra on convoy behind my mirror in a 10 sec gap. I decided to make him earn it before he dusts me. I boosted to 180km/h again the Gwag was even closer arrrrh!!! jesu said in my mind he was about dusting me when i needed to dust a truck in front of me, i gave him a signal to the right to dust the truck when he was just right on my tail (those who race knows the feeling) he gladly obliged and allowed me (Now thats was i call a fair play giving me the opportunity play for a sec). When i passed the truck i was doing 190km/h trying really see what this twin turbo can do, for like another 3mins he was just @ my tail through most of the turns on the highway still the Twin Turbo dusted me seeing its twin exhaust beside its left back door roaring my car shuddered a little from its wind, I showed my respect when i horned twice and so did the V8 Tundra dusted me. Also I was close to their tail until i met police check point then there were lost into thin air. Kai German Machines

God it was my first time to reach 190km/h on my corolla.

10 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Readonee35L(m): 10:35am On Jan 30, 2017
Make una buy beta motor una no go hear.
Na dt 1.8 corolla una like.
There are beta cars out there.

Acura tl's 3.2L v6 churning over 280hp
Audi 2.0T and the V6 options
Even the Toyota v6 are not bad.
The almighty VQ in the Nissan v6 is also very powerful .
The J35 and J30 in Honda v6 are also impressive .

This cars will do better and even have a better chance against this v8 turbos.

The last time I drove a corolla it felt silly. Engine making noise during kick down .with little movement .

If you try a better car you'd know what I'm saying.
You closing over 160kph at 3000rpm .
Do you know what happens when you red line such car .you're gone in seconds.

My favorite everyday car will always be the 2008 Acura Tl type s . Dropping 280hp.

12 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by grrrhh(m): 11:01am On Jan 30, 2017
Homguy:
hehehe, see as you just ridicle my humble,obedient,reliable ride.. Still love my corolla until something better shows up.
My brother we all love those German machines but until money come, we go dey cherish our jap Mobiles

1 Like

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by EMIOMOADEOYE: 10:41pm On Jan 30, 2017
snipesdam:

OP Infact I have a confession. Yesterday on my way back from Benin to Portharcourt through Sapele , Warri, Ugheli, Patani Road with my corolla 1.8ltr 06 240km/hr speedometer. I left by 10:44am was @ Tank junction East West Road PH when Bae called me to know whats up, that was exactly 2pm.

So immediately join Sapele Road I was dusting every thing on the road 140km/h to 160km/h. Until there was brief traffic so however a Kia Sportage which has been eating my dust manoeuvred and was ahead of me. It took about 5mins to catch up manoeuvring other cars. Then i guess the guy maxing about 170-180km/h, I haven't even floored my pedal i just added a little boost to 190km/h and he was eating my dust again not until we got the round about in warri shoprite area where he gave me the horn of respect and headed his direction.

So the next chapter began through warri patani road, I was enjoying my drive 160km/h dusting everything ahead of me. Not until i saw this Oga that OP just talked about A Gwag with V8 Tundra on convoy behind my mirror in a 10 sec gap. I decided to make him earn it before he dusts me. I boosted to 180km/h again the Gwag was even closer arrrrh!!! jesu said in my mind he was about dusting me when i needed to dust a truck in front of me, i gave him a signal to the right to dust the truck when he was just right on my tail (those who race knows the feeling) he gladly obliged and allowed me (Now thats was i call a fair play giving me the opportunity play for a sec). When i passed the truck i was doing 190km/h trying really see what this twin turbo can do, for like another 3mins he was just @ my tail through most of the turns on the highway still the Twin Turbo dusted me seeing its twin exhaust beside its left back door roaring my car shuddered a little from its wind, I showed my respect when i horned twice and so did the V8 Tundra dusted me. Also I was close to their tail until i met police check point then there were lost into thin air. Kai German Machines

God it was my first time to reach 190km/h on my corolla.

All ye puny little 4 cylinders huffing and puffing against naturally aspirated, turbocharged, V8's and co, una go just die like fowl for road.

The only reason I would challenge a German beast is because I am a German beast or a turbocharged V8. Anything else is an invitation to trouble.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by ba7man(m): 10:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

this year will be sweet for bois.
grin
Plenty people car go spoil be that. undecided
Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by Stylz69(m): 8:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
So you are one of those 'health professionals' who want to flaunt their occupation by hanging stethoscope on the rear view mirror! I wonder the rationale behind that... I don't just get it... what is the point To show off or to check the heart beat of your passengers? To your story... no comment. You no dey fear sef... Any sort of G wagon be it an AMG or not will put your Corolla to shame even in your sweetest dreams. Next time you see a G wagon behind you, move over , slow down, turn down your stereo so you can appreciate the sound of a machine... just humble yourself and make sure he has gone way ahead before you continue oppressing the Keke napeps and Toyota starlets grin

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Trampled By A G-wag G63 AMG At Akure-owo Axis. by festuks(m): 9:01pm On Jan 31, 2017
#Thegame#

Hope my story will make you chill the next time you see a solid German on the road. And just honk your horn as a show of respect for allowing you pass..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can I Use 5w30 Instead Of 5w20 Recommended For My ACURA MDX 07 (tokubo) / Btw A Highlander And A Rav4 / Which Car Should I Go For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.