Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,462 members, 7,846,941 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 07:58 AM

Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness (3932 Views)

Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" / Photo Of President Buhari & Osinbajo Smiling Before His Departure To London / Uyo: A City Of Young And Stupid, S3x And Shame (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Stingman: 11:50am On Jan 29, 2017
Lushore1:

I don't understand you people,....Go and develop your region but you no go gree. I really can't remember any one sending you invitation letter to come n live in lagos. lagos will always prosper and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it. Just imagine lagos future with eko Atlantic, dangote refinery, Badagry seaport, lekki seaport, lekki airport, the light rail, lagos to ibadan rail project and you are sitting down in your 2 by 2 shop with no plan and making threat. May God deliver you.

Not a problem...what percentage of other people import from the ports? Almost half of the travellers using MMIA are from the East...Nobody said other regions shouldn't develop...We are encouraging our population to relocate...but we must have alternatives...The federal government built the current seaports and MMIA airports..they should do the same in the eastern part as well...That's' all...
Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by ba7man(m): 11:55am On Jan 29, 2017
Stingman:

Not a problem...what percentage of other people import from the ports? Almost half of the travellers using MMIA are from the East...Nobody said other regions shouldn't develop...We are encouraging our population to relocate...but we must have alternatives...The federal government built the current seaports and MMIA airports..they should do the same in the eastern part as well...That's' all...
Baseless facts induced by chest beating instincts.

8 Likes

Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by waternogetememy: 11:56am On Jan 29, 2017
Every State in the SS should have a deep SeaPort, including Opobo and Bonny island respectively. That is all we are saying. Once that is done all we need is good road and rail network and super highway/ bridges to connect the SE to them.
Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Nobody: 11:58am On Jan 29, 2017
Stingman:

Correct. Most Easterners in diaspora want to go home. Several groups have been working to bring investments home other than real estate that is springing up everywhere... We need high rise buildings, generation of power from coal; attracting IT ventures like Microsoft, Apple, Samsung, etc; building heavy industries, like automobile, cement, steel, plastic, pharmaceutical and petrochemical, etc...Ibeto cement, Innoson automobile have started in the right direction...

This ur write-up is a clear symptom of malaria,

Try keep your Area clean from mosquitoes/stagnant water. Smh 4 u

8 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by waternogetememy: 11:59am On Jan 29, 2017
Deep Seaport in Cross River, Akwa ibom, Rivers, Opobo/Bonny, Bayelsa, Delta and Ondo.They should all have the same amount of Deep Seaport as Lagos.

Lagos is nothing special and the Federal govenment should make the same provision for all the states with access to the Ocean as it has done for Lagos.

I am deeply opposed to the special status bill for Lagos. Lagos is not special.
Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Stingman: 12:04pm On Jan 29, 2017
OoniOfIfe:

This ur write-up clear symptom of malaria,

Try keep your Area clear from mosquitoes/stagnant water. Smh 4 u

..and your brown roofs, with no toilets...? Are you saying there are no Ibeto cement or Innoson automobiles? This is why we want out, as we are different...What makes things reality, if not dreams...? Your dream ends in Owambe...That's all!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Stingman: 12:07pm On Jan 29, 2017
ba7man:
Baseless facts induced by chest beating instincts.

Which is baseless? That the federal government built the Tin Can port and Ro Ro port, headed by Aisha of NPA, or that they built the MMIA? Which one?
Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Lushore1: 12:16pm On Jan 29, 2017
Stingman:

Listen!, im not going to get into who uses airport or seaport with you because i really dnt care! as long as it benefits lagosian and nigerian at large. We can debate lack of federal government project in South east and south south but you cant keep making threat and telling people that there life's will fall apart without you. Lagos is in partnership with federal government to build lekki port why can't any of your governor do the same?

3 Likes

Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lushore1:

Listen!, im not going to get into who uses airport or seaport with you because i really dnt care! as long as it benefits lagosian and nigerian at large. We can debate lack of federal government project in South east and south south but you cant keep making threat and telling people that there life's will fall apart without you. Lagos is in partnership with federal government to build lekki port why can't any of your governor do the same?

Is Lagos your state of origin?

3 Likes

Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Stingman: 12:24pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lushore1:

Mister, you have no idea about the hopeless evil country you have...What has happened to the partnership to build 2nd Niger bridge or even an international airport in the EAST...? And you are talking of a seaport...You amuse me...the country is pure evil...That's why many people from the region want out...
Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Ngokafor(f): 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
Neemrod:

...I was going to ask the same question embarassed

1 Like

Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Lushore1: 12:26pm On Jan 29, 2017
Neemrod:

What is your question have to do with my quote or to the tittle of the thread?

1 Like

Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Lushore1: 12:33pm On Jan 29, 2017
Stingman:

Mister, you have no idea about the hopeless evil country you have...What has happened to the partnership to build 2nd Niger bridge or even an international airport in the EAST...? And you are talking of a seaport...You amuse me...the country is pure evil...That's why many people from the region want out...

I support you and I will probably be doing thesame thing you are doing except wishing and hoping other region will fall apart. Correct me if im wrong but i belived Niger bridge is ongoing project and there's currently international airport in the east. I wish you guys goodluck with your Biafra.
Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Stingman: 12:37pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lushore1:

I support you and I will probably be doing thesame thing you are doing except wishing and hoping other region will fall apart. Correct me if im wrong but i belived Niger bridge is ongoing project and there's currently international airport in the east. I wish you guys goodluck with your Biafra.

Thanks for your civility...How long did it take to build the Lagos 3rd mainland bridge...? The central government has been building that bridge for 40 years? The Op wasn't too wrong by suggesting that a region could fall apart when people relocate en mass...Cities have collapsed around the world, when its economic importance has ended...

3 Likes

Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by ariesbull: 1:02pm On Jan 29, 2017
Neemrod:

That's an apt question

Why is it that most Yoruba flaming Lagos
Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Lushore1: 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2017
Stingman:

Thanks for your civility...How long did it take to build the Lagos 3rd mainland bridge...? The central government has been building that bridge for 40 years? The Op wasn't too wrong by suggesting that a region could fall apart when people relocate en mass...Cities have collapsed around the world, when its economic importance has ended...

Federal government has simply failed every region and I personally believed nigeria need restructuring very badly. Lagos is in strategic location and it will continue to attract more businesses than any other part of nigeria. This might slow down to certain degree when igbo finally decided to leave but it will never collapse.
Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Stingman: 3:39pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lushore1:

Federal government has simply failed every region and I personally believed nigeria need restructuring very badly. Lagos is in strategic location and it will continue to attract more businesses than any other part of nigeria. This might slow down to certain degree when igbo finally decided to leave but it will never collapse.

Nope..the central government has not failed every region like it has failed the SE? Use the recent loan of $29.9 billion to regions excluding the SE...This type of action has been going on for decades...
Re: Uyo....a Far Departure From Lagos Madness by Ndipe(m): 9:40am On Feb 03, 2020
Nice writeup. We are known for being hospitable to strangers.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING.... Nnamdi Kanu Chased Out Of Owerri By Real Imo Indigenes / Buhari Mission Is Completed, See List / The Most Developed South West State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.