Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" (51341 Views)

Atiku's Exit Not Good For APC, Tinubu Crying More Than The bereaved - Okorocha. / Rocha's Okorocha Refers To Atiku's Departure- Blasts Tinubu / Buhari Hates Igbos, Tinubu Crying Over Treatment Of Osinbajo, SW - Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Nkemakonam62: 4:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
The Imo State Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha, has said that Alhaji Atiku Abubakar resigning from the ruling All Progressives Congress was not a good development for the party.

Atiku recently defected from the APC to the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, ahead of the 2019 Presidential Election.

The Imo State Governor spoke with journalists after receiving an honorary doctorate degree at the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State on Saturday.

He however, described Abubakar as a heavyweight politician.

He said, “I have taken a holistic view of our party, it (Atiku’s exit ) is not the best because no matter how anybody thinks, Atiku carries some political weight . His leaving our party is not the best.

Okorocha, however, said that since the former Vice President had decided to move on politically by going to another political party, the APC would make amend and his (Atiku) place will be filled up accordingly.

Reacting to Tinubu’s comment on automatic ticket for Buhari, Okorocha maintained that he would support Buhari for a second term.

Okorocha said, “The (Tinubu’s) statement came to me as a surprise, come to think of it, I never referred to him. I refer to the governors of Nigeria including the PDP governors and I said only one or two of them have not joined yet.

“Since I made the statement, no governor has said something contrary to what I said. I am surprised that Asiwaju will now be speaking for the governors. He looks like somebody crying more than the bereaved.

“I did not see reason for the statement actually. But he commands my respect and I don’t want to join issue with the National Leader of my party.

“What I mentioned was for the governors and secondly what I said is support.

“The word I use is support that does not mean there will not be primary.

“Governors can only contribute only 37 votes, we still have over 5 ,000 votes up there . What I was talking about was governors.

“I was not talking about other party members . Governors alone do not determine the flagbearer of a party.

“If you recall, I said but for Buhari, I would have run for presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

“But I found in him a man credible and he still has four years term to do.

“I will allow him to complete and I will go back to my political trenches because I would still run for presidency anyhow.

“I consider myself young enough to wait until 2023 and I don’t hide my stand on any issue. But for now , my support goes to President Muhammadu Buhari.”

http://dailypost.ng/2017/12/10/2019-atikus-departure-sad-apc-tinubu-crying-bereaved-okorocha/amp/

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Sunofgod(m): 4:07pm On Dec 10, 2017
Okoroawusa dey craze.....Imo people suppose carry am go psychia,

121 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Okoroawusa: 4:08pm On Dec 10, 2017
The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023!

OWELLE!!!

BIRIKWAOO!!!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 10, 2017
sad

*Kneels down and does sign of the cross*

Father in heaven,
May every rat, cockroach, ant, spider, weevil,
lizard, bedbug and mosquito pursue Rochas
If he ever steps foot in Aso Rock to visit
let alone becoming President.
Father Lord, he can be when I have permanently relocated to that country in my mind.

Rochas I will be your President rather, then when I step down and relocate, you will construct a statue to honor me....Amen!!!

101 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Okoroawusa: 4:12pm On Dec 10, 2017
Sunofgod:
Okoroawusa dey craze.....
My friend wetin I do u?

I go report u for mods o!

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Drversatile: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
So you can fill the entire Nigeria with your statues.

It won't work.

91 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by mgbadike81: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2017
Okoroawusa:
My friend wetin I do u?
I go report u for mods o!
lol.

7 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 10, 2017
Okoroawusa:
The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria in 2023!

OWELLE!!!

BIRIKWAOO!!!
M ke gi okpo n'isi, you will change to nwa akpuda

24 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Okoroawusa: 4:49pm On Dec 10, 2017
FortifiedCity:
M ke gi okpo n'isi, you will change to nwa akpuda
Afugom na inweghi respect

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Okoroawusa: 4:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
FortifiedCity:
sad

*Kneels down and does sign of the cross*

Father in heaven,
May every rat, cockroach, ant, spider, weevil,
lizard, bedbug and mosquito pursue Rochas
If he ever steps foot in Aso Rock to visit
let alone becoming President.
Father Lord, he can be when I have permanently relocated to that country in my mind.

Rochas I will be your President rather, then when I step down and relocate, you will construct a statue to honor me....Amen!!!
Have u heard of unanswered prayers?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Nobody: 4:53pm On Dec 10, 2017
Okoroawusa:

Have u heard of unanswered prayers?
My prayers never go unanswered

13 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 10, 2017
Okoroawusa:

Afugom na inweghi respect
Sorry Sir
Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by ChangetheChange: 4:55pm On Dec 10, 2017
The Imo State Governor spoke with journalists after receiving an honorary doctorate degree at the Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba Akoko, Ondo State on Saturday.
He however, described Abubakar as a heavyweight politician.
He said, “I have taken a holistic view of our party, it (Atiku’s exit ) is not the best because no matter how anybody thinks, Atiku carries some political weight . His leaving our party is not the best.

grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by ChangetheChange: 4:56pm On Dec 10, 2017
Okorocha said, “The (Tinubu’s) statement came to me as a surprise, come to think of it, I never referred to him. I refer to the governors of Nigeria including the PDP governors and I said only one or two of them have not joined yet.
“Since I made the statement, no governor has said something contrary to what I said. I am surprised that Asiwaju will now be speaking for the governors. He looks like somebody crying more than the bereaved.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by ChangetheChange: 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
If you recall, I said but for Buhari, I would have run for presidency of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
“But I found in him a man credible and he still has four years term to do.
“I will allow him to complete and I will go back to my political trenches because I would still run for presidency anyhow.
“I consider myself young enough to wait until 2023 and I don’t hide my stand on any issue. But for now , my support goes to President Muhammadu Buhari.”
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Okoroawusa: 5:04pm On Dec 10, 2017
FortifiedCity:
Sorry Sir
Ezigbo nwa.Were ya nwayo na Nairaland.

Inugo?
Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by zombieHUNTER: 5:40pm On Dec 10, 2017
Apc is a camp of mad people

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by bedspread: 6:34pm On Dec 10, 2017
CONFUSED BUNCH OF APC

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by yesloaded: 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2017
grin grin grin 2019 knocking grin grin grin
Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Xeedorf: 6:36pm On Dec 10, 2017
Statue..
Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by AdeniyiA(m): 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
Signs of impending implosion.. cool

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by NaijaMutant(f): 6:57pm On Dec 10, 2017
ok
Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by economania(m): 7:24pm On Dec 10, 2017
It far from truth, if someone can measure the degree of closeness BTW Tinubu and Pmb immediately after the exit of Atiku.it is a sadomasochistic.

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Northernonyenku(m): 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2017
This rochas is shockingly disappointing

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by EmmaOgbu(m): 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2017
Statue governor get out first

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 10, 2017
I dnt understand, is he for or against tinubu and apc

This man is in a dream world, he is not in touch with reality, imagine he would still run for presidency after buhari lol

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by BruncleZuma: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
grin grin grin grin

27 Likes

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Dee60: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
A few years ago it was the South West and South East plotting how to wrestle Nigeria from dominance by the North. Today, it is the South East and South West plotting to elongate that dominance. The northerners are truly the only smart people in Nigeria!

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by AntiWailer: 8:15pm On Dec 10, 2017
Lol
Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
President of statues moulding council perhaps
Re: Okorocha: "Tinubu Crying More Than The Bereaved; Atiku’s Departure Sad For APC" by AntiWailer: 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2017
Dee60:

A few years ago it was the South West and South East plotting how to wrestle Nigeria from dominance by the North. Today, it is the South East and South West plotting to elongate that dominance. The northerners are truly the only smart people in Nigeria!
Fact

I am disappointed by the idiots who after shouting Northern Slaves for how many years are now Atikulating grin

It was never about principle. Those kids are very hungry and simply face where Belle dey.

23 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Visits Mall Looted By Nigerians Over Xenophobic Attacks (Photos) / Tinubu Flops Again: Says 100 Bags Thousand Barrels Of Oil / Shehu Sani Dumps APC, Resigns From Party

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.