Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

IMPORTANCE OF LASRRA.....a Must Read - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / IMPORTANCE OF LASRRA.....a Must Read (3608 Views)

The Importance Of The Red Copy Of A Survey Plan / Importance Of Survey Plan / The Role And Importance Of A Surveyor In Real Estate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IMPORTANCE OF LASRRA.....a Must Read by Legalolumoran(m): 8:09pm On Jan 29, 2017
Read comments for body of post
####I HOPE YOU WERE ABLE TO GET A THING OR TWO FROM THIS SHORT STORY ###

For more assistive information on real estate laws and the investment strategies

Re: IMPORTANCE OF LASRRA.....a Must Read by Legalolumoran(m): 10:11pm On Jan 29, 2017
Like seriously I really wouldn't understand why the main body of the article will not reflect. This is not funny!
Re: IMPORTANCE OF LASRRA.....a Must Read by Legalolumoran(m): 10:12pm On Jan 29, 2017
Lasrra oh lasrra!! ...

This was the bitter lamentation on phone by a client who is resident in Canada.

He was so desirous of owning one of the Lagos housing schemes houses. He had read my post about ways of applying for it.

Despite the comprehensive explanation, he still begged me to put him through process step-by-step, hmmm!! he seemed so use to sending documents to and fro nigeria on regular basis. He was just optimistic and ready for all it'll take to put an application in.

Well....Fine, that's the spirit, I thought to myself. But before he wishes too far, I sorrily burst his burbles.

"sir, but you'll also need lasrra card". I said.
"LASRRA ??!!!" He exclaimed.

"WHAT IS LASRRA?", he added.

Then I started to explain...

LASRRA represents Lagos State Residents Registration Agency and it was established through a bill that was passed on the 27th of June. 2011 and responsible for the registration of all residents who currently reside in the State, irrespective of age, gender, religion, ethnic origin, nationality, economic, social or financial status.
Re: IMPORTANCE OF LASRRA.....a Must Read by Legalolumoran(m): 10:15pm On Jan 29, 2017
What are ITS BENEFITS? He asked.
Then I continued....and even answered his invoiced questions.

Considering the teeming population of Lagos, and the attendant scarcity of resources, amongst which HOUSING is begging for so much attention, lasrra allows Government to determine the overall resources required to formulate and implement policies, projects and programs, when the number of people to cater for is known and trusted with a reliable and updateable data base of Lagos residents.

LASRRA is there to create and document a unique means of identification of Lagos State residents and also to provide a highly secured identification card for all residents of the state.
Anyone who wishes to access the services and facilities (amongst which is the HOUSING SCHEME) provided by Lagos State Government for its residents will be asked to authenticate their residency and identity. This (i.e a copy of the lasrra card) has always been a germane document to be annexed to the Application form for any of the housing scheme policies. All residents of Lagos or anyone who intends to stay for six months or more must register irrespective of the age, although people below ages 0 - 15 are excused from biometric registration.

Visit any of the lasrra registration centres. Applicant's data is entered manually by the registration officer directly into the registration data bank and their bio-metric information is captured.

Also applicants are required to provide proofs of residence ( utility bill of current place of residence) and identity (either of the following: International Passport, Birth Certificate, Employee ID card (must have address/logo of employer), National ID card, National Driver’s License, Student ID card, Tax Card or receipt, Letter of Identification from Parent/CDA/Householder or registered association or organization).

After the manual registration, temporary Registration Card is issued for the applicant to retain. It's valid for 12 months from date of issue and serves as proof of registration that must be presented when the permanent residency card is printed and to be collected.

Even though the registration can be done in any of the centres in lagos, the printed residency cards are to be picked up from the registration office located within the LGA/LCDA of place of residence.

In a progressive state like Lagos, you can trust that the essence of having a data base of Lagos residents will not be glossed over, and this will enable government provide adequate social amenities particularly in the housing sector.. I said in conclusion...

By this time, my phone battery was already giving me signs, so I excused myself.
I guessed right he felt low. I wished I could help. embarassed

(1) (Reply)

A Fenced Plot Of Land In The Best Estate In Owerri Imo State For Sale (pix att.) / PRICE/COST OF ROOFING UR HOUSE With QUALITY DS/BATLAN STONE-COATED ROOFING SHEET / 5 Bedroom Detached (new) House 4 Sale In Magodo Gra (shangisha) - {see Pix).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.