Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,309 members, 7,819,053 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Catholic And Beer Taking. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Catholic And Beer Taking. (1843 Views)

Mbaka, Catholic And Politics: Nigerian Tweets Interesting Facts / From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! / Information On Catholic And Anglican Churches (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Catholic And Beer Taking. by kenny888: 4:43pm On Dec 01, 2009
Last weekend i was invited by a friend to their church baazar in a catholic church,i agreed to go wit him. During the baazar alot of various alcoholic drinks were displayed for sale including beer. I discovered that these alcoholic drinks were sold on a high rate, even a bottle of star beer was sold at #2000,i began to look around me if i was in d church or a beer parlour. So i would want nairalanders to share their experiences here to be sure i am not the only one with this experience.
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by mrperfect(m): 4:53pm On Dec 01, 2009
Officially selling , or just people selling it withing the premises?
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by kenny888: 4:56pm On Dec 01, 2009
Selling officially inside the church compound along other items.
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by mrperfect(m): 5:01pm On Dec 01, 2009
Have not witness such in the bazaar, rather people selling.
Do you go to church?
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by kenny888: 5:08pm On Dec 01, 2009
Why that question?do you think i will just come up with this if i did'nt witness it?
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by eghosaobas: 9:04pm On Dec 01, 2009
Hmmmm,i am just hearing for d first time.
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by kolaoloye(m): 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2009
kenny888:

Last weekend i was invited by a friend to their church baazar in a catholic church,i agreed to go wit him. During the baazar alot of various alcoholic drinks were displayed for sale including beer. I discovered that these alcoholic drinks were sold on a high rate, even a bottle of star beer was sold at #2000,i began to look around me if i was in d church or a beer parlour. So i would want nairalanders to share their experiences here to be sure i am not the only one with this experience.
You have not told us where it happened. Where and when?
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by eghosaobas: 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2009
Over to you kenny.
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by Nobody: 11:33pm On Dec 03, 2009
even reverene fathers take stout now,av seen many times
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by segyemaro(m): 5:21pm On Dec 05, 2009
uplawal:

even reverene fathers take stout now,av seen many times
are you sure?
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 05, 2009
There is nothing wrong with taking alcohol,what is wrong however is getting drunk in 1 tim 5:23 Apostle paul asks us to take a little wine becausr we fall ill so often.Also remember that our Lord Jesus performed his first miracle by turning water into wine.
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by segyemaro(m): 5:58pm On Dec 05, 2009
chukwudi44:

There is nothing wrong with taking alcohol,what is wrong however is getting drunk in 1 tim 5:23 Apostle paul asks us to take a little wine becausr we fall ill so often.Also remember that our Lord Jesus performed his first miracle by turning water into wine.
correct chukwudi
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by mayblossom(f): 6:08pm On Dec 05, 2009

i concur cheesy cheesy cheesy
God bless you Chukwudi44 cool cool cool
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by segyemaro(m): 7:25pm On Dec 05, 2009
Una do well
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 05, 2009
@SEGY,YES AM SURE

SEE THE DEVIL LEADING THEM TO HELL, PAUL
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by theseeker2: 5:38pm On Dec 06, 2009
kenny888:

Why are you complaining? Was it not your capentar god that set an example by turning drums of water in BEER
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by segyemaro(m): 9:45pm On Dec 09, 2009
You are too harsh my brother.
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Dec 09, 2009
how
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by KunleOshob(m): 8:48am On Dec 10, 2009
The christian faith has absolutely nothing against the consumption of beer or any other form of alcohol as long as it is taken in moderation.
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by theseeker2: 9:19am On Dec 10, 2009
segyemaro:

You are too harsh my brother.

How do you mean I am too harsh. Have i lied? Or was i the one that recorded in the bible that the first miracle that Lord jesus performed was making drunkards of wedding attendees (and ever since beer has flowed like water in Christendom). On this, the famous Jimmy Swagghart said "jesus was no kill joy". That is why we have a society of over 1.5 billion christians who think it is ok to get drunk. Why? Because their god showed off his brewing skills.

@kunleOshob, what do you mean by moderation? how does someone already under the influence know the limits. Alchohol or any other intoxicant for that matter works to dullen that part of your brain that sets the limits

Either you guys like it or not only islam provides the answers to all your questions and solution to all your problems. Prophet Muhammad, said what ever intoxicates in large amounts in forbidden even in small amounts; not even a drop or a nibble. In a single verse of the Quran Allah gives solution to almost all your problems.
"O You who believe, intoxicants, gambling, and the altars of idols, and the games of chance are abominations of the devil; you shall avoid them , that you may succeed." Qur’an (5:90)
After these verses were revealed drums of wine were emptied in the streets of Medina, never to be refilled again. Please compare that to the so called first miracle of your god jesus
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by mrperfect(m): 11:56am On Dec 10, 2009
No wonder you write the way you write
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 10, 2009
christians tell us which one is more miraculous,talked in cradle or to manufacture shayo?

i say SHAME SHAME SHAME TO CHRISTIANDOM
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by kenny888: 5:07pm On Dec 10, 2009
Muslims consume beer and gamble alot expecially the hausa muslims
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by alimat2(f): 7:44pm On Dec 10, 2009
@Posterssssssssssssssss,
Why do u always turn every thread to a BATTLE FEILD?, muslims vs xtians?Is that the motive of this thread?
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by eghosaobas: 10:17pm On Dec 10, 2009
Hope u read d response of the seeker who happen to be a muslim throwing the first stone at christains and the must retaliate abi alimat?
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by segyemaro(m): 12:24am On Dec 13, 2009
Beer! Beer!! Beer!!! Is it realy wrong to take alcoholic drink?
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by Nobody: 3:19am On Dec 13, 2009
its very wrong,any religion that tells you its fine is a devils doctrine,run for your dear life
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by segyemaro(m): 9:28am On Dec 13, 2009
Ha!
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 13, 2009
why did u say ha?but its the fact
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by segyemaro(m): 12:46am On Dec 16, 2009
I said ha beacause alot of people are guilty of this.
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by mamagee3(f): 1:29am On Dec 16, 2009
It's not a sin to take alcohol
It's only a sin if you drink it to the state of stupidity
. tongue
Re: Catholic And Beer Taking. by bawomolo(m): 2:21am On Dec 16, 2009
uplawal:

its very wrong,any religion that tells you its fine is a devils doctrine,run for your dear life

what about a religion that subjugates women's right in the name of sharia law, is that a devils doctrine? Is a religion that stones adulterers to death a devils doctrine too?

do you think i should run for my dear life from such religion?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Irrational Skepticism / Dear Seun, You Are Fooling No One Concerning The Religious (islam) Issue. / I Am Proudly An Athiest, Are You? , Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.