Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,962 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:37 AM

U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban (27316 Views)

Joey Saladino Donates His Testicle To Protest Trump’s Impeachment / Checkout Hilary Clinton's Tweet After Court Revokes Donald Trump's Travel Ban / US Federal Judge Blocks Donald Trump's Travel Ban (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by OldBeer: 3:42pm On Jan 30, 2017
ezera:
Protest or not Trump has come to stay. They think they are doing me!
This one still no get sense with all that beard for face.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Rekit: 3:44pm On Jan 30, 2017
Akshow:
Lame. Not even related. His bans affect muslims. I might not be muslim but I'm human and we are all human. Try again
His ban does not affect Muslims.
Has the ban stop muslims from practicing their religion?
I just observed zuhr (afternoon) prayers.
Wetin concern Agbero with overload?
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Akshow: 3:47pm On Jan 30, 2017
Rekit:

His ban does not affect Muslims.
Has the ban stop muslims from practicing their religion?
I just observed zuhr (afternoon) prayers.
Wetin concern Agbero with overload?
So the ban and restrictions on muslims entry into America affects Christians right? You are one confused joker
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Badgers14: 3:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
hotwax:

Thats the African/Nigerian mentality speaking.

Please read the news and stop being so lazy. Illiteracy is not an excuse.

1. He is not banning immigration. He is stopping 7 countries which are considered very dangerous by Obama administration. Obama passed the list to congress and it was approved. But Obama got no balls to implement it.

2. Out of like 100+ countries, he is only banning 7. Google President Ronald reagan. He did something similar and heaven did not fall.

3. Trump is not trying to pull a hilter, he is fullfilling his campaign promises. He is gaining more respects from his voters. A politician who promise and fullfills it is hard to come by. He has achieved 80% of his campaign promises except jobs and the wall.

4. The ban only last 90 days for Homeland to formulate new vetting process.

5. There is a reciprocate clause in the ban. America should treat other countries the way they treat America. E.g. Nigeria gives Americans 1 year visa, but America give us 2 years. We are cheating Americans. So hencefort, Nigeria will be getting 1 year visa too. Thats why Donald Trump won.

He won the election because he promised to do what he is doing now.

But I guess we Nigerians know more than AMericans. We can decide how Americans live their live for them. We can teach them who they can accepts as immigrants. Trump is giving you guys middle fingers. You quoted google. All these Techy guys jews (80%). Trump is a friend of Israel and Jews.

Be sure to read and understand someones opinion before flaunting your single figure IQ.

Did i ever mention he banned immigration...

Just a lesson to you, although you masked yourself in ignorance in an attempt to sound intelligent.

My response was my opinion, you can have yours if you want.

Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Badgers14: 4:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
Butterworth:

So, what you're saying is that TRUMP should form a Military Task force to protect ISLAMIC TERRORIST like Buhari deed to the FULANI HERDSMEN.

Don't put words in my mouth... What i wrote was my opinion and That's what am saying.

You could say that yourself...
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by hotwax: 4:03pm On Jan 30, 2017
Badgers14:

Be sure to read and understand someones opinion before flaunting your single figure IQ.

Did i ever mention he banned immigration...

Just a lesson to you, although you masked yourself in ignorance in an attempt to sound intelligent.

My response was my opinion, you can have yours if you want.

Name calling does not make any poor argument valid.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Chiedu4Trump: 4:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
Deadlytruth:

The hypocrisy and inconsistency is both ways. Those who chided Fashola and called him names for that deportation are here now defending Trump while those who rejoiced and hailed Fashola for that deportation are here throwing missiles at Trump. I as a person supported Fashola because federalism permits settling in another state on the condition that the settler does not become a nuisance. Likewise I support Trump now because immigrants from those countries are only of nuisance value to the USA.
If Nigeria had not lost the federalism bequeathed on us by the departing colonial masters, our regional community policing system would have been sustained and interstate movement would have been properly controlled by the police of each state hence this Fulani Herdsmen menace would never have existed as no state's police would permit entry of an unauthorized and undocumented immigrant on the excuse of normadic economy.

Fashola deported Nigerians.

Trump is banning foreigners big difference.

Well your reply proves that there is no one Nigeria.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Badgers14: 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
hotwax:

Name calling does not make any poor argument valid.

I hope you learn from your statement.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by eezeribe(m): 4:14pm On Jan 30, 2017
OK
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jan 30, 2017
Olabestonic001:

He was a Civilian chancellor and not even a president.
i think thats the highest in Theirs
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by TeamSimple(m): 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2017
Akshow:
What I don't get is some of Nigerians obsession and support for Donald Trumps policies even when it doesn't affect their lives. Majority of the Americans themselves don't support his foreign policies, but naija carry am put for head like say e concern them.
Sorry,the Nigerians supporting Trump are christians who thinks they are 'doing' the muslims.

Waiting for America to declare free visa to all Nigeria christians.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by TeamSimple(m): 4:56pm On Jan 30, 2017
Davehunk:
Osama Bin Ladin is from Saudi Arabia. Many members of ISIS are from Saudi Arabia. ISIS sponsorship traced to Saudi Arabia. Twin Towers or 9/11 orchestrated by Saudi Arabia. Islam birthplace and most important place is Saudi Arabia. But a Muslim ban is in force and....

SAUDI ARABIA is not among the countries banned by Trump

Osama Bin Ladin and ISIS home country is not banned.
USA OWN THOSE PEOPLE YOU LISTED.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by TeamSimple(m): 5:00pm On Jan 30, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:
Copied From Facebook

Fashola once ordered Igbos within the same country to leave Lagos. Many FB noisemakers hailed it and laughed at Igbos and justified why Igbos should go back to the Eastern states.
Now, this is within the same country, dominated by people of same color, same race but just mere differences in tongues and tribes.

Fashola's crazed supporters echoed:
Igbos must leave Lagos.
Igbos should go.
Lagos is NOT a no man's land.

Fast forward...Trump bans muslims into US territory and says that he will build a wall to keep illegal immigrants out from his own territory.

These are not people of his country, race or tribe.
These are strangers/visitors/illegal immigrants who come into his territory from their own territory to occupy space.

And suddenly, many of those who once justified Fashola's one-time madness towards his fellow country men are crying the loudest.

Listen...YOU are confused.
Be consistent. Stay consistent. Consistency is a virtue!

Infact, I can fill a pool with the amount of idiocy that I think you are.

Kitikpa rachaa gi onu there!!!
Why are you ipad youths so brain dead? And what was the reaction of the eze ndigbos and ipad youths online? did they not take lagos to court with their mantra that lagos is a no man's land.

Many of the ipad lunatics who refused Fashola's order are now wailing the loudest. very stvpid clan.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by amanikondo: 5:22pm On Jan 30, 2017
Akshow:
Grow up. U either present ur argument logically and respectfully or u buzz off
How do you expect me to argue with you when you have no sensible post?
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by blingxx(m): 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2017
ok
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by dealslip(f): 8:58pm On Jan 30, 2017
Akshow:
you are the hypocrite here. Quick question, are you American? Why are u soooooo happy about a policy that has no direct impart on ur life

I am happy because it would teach people to respect the constitution of other people's land and life style. You were equally worried about Trump's policy a few threads ago
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Ugosample(m): 9:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
hotwax:

You don't even need to read your fake news. Just check for the meaning of 'Silent Majority.'

Republican won 70% of house of rep
won 80% of senate
Won the presidency
Will appoint more than 100 judges in the few weeks.

So tell us what is your definition of Majority.

America is more than 130,000,000. 3 million (1%) democrats and Islamists are on the street protesting. Wait for the silent Majority to protest, thats when you will know who the majority is.

They are silent now because they have no reason to protest. They got what they want.

Please stop being lazy

What is this one saying?
The republicans have only 51 seats out of a possible 100
how is that 70%

Even in the house, they don't have up to 66% of the total seats
And the president lost the popular votes by more than 2 million votes..

So just keep quiet if you don't know what to say
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Rimamsirufun(m): 11:10pm On Jan 30, 2017
Badgers14:
Trumps rude awakening... Hahaha..

Trump failed to realize that he won electoral vote and not popular vote.

That his success as a businessman doesn't mean success in politics... To be successful in politics, you need political acumen which he lacks.. Business is different from politics in the sense that a business man wants to make money, he bargains and since the owner writes a check he dictate who to buy from.

But presidency is not like that, alot of U.S. politicians join politics because of power, they Dont make much money compared to their counterparts in Nigeria grin grin

But Trump is ridiculing himself already. A judge have blocked "temporary" the executive order while signalling the Plaintiffs, ACLU have a good case.

To be sincere, Trump thought there would be jubilation, he never expected this backlash.

Trump supporters fail to realize his hypocrisy... His grandfather was expelled from Germany, his mother is from Scotland, his first wife Ivanka is from Czech republic and his current wife is from Serbia... Yet he is anti immigration..

Don't forget that one of the biggest company in the planet GoOgle is founded by 2 immigrants.

Trump thinks he could pull a Hitler but that would not happen in this generation. Things have changed.

His immigration orders is just sensless, all this mass shootings left and right , Colorado theather shooting, virgina tech, Connecticut middle school, Chicago every weekend... Which country did all those suspects come from

I thought His problem was illegal migrants.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Olatajib: 11:53pm On Jan 30, 2017
President Trump is now in charge. Make na simi roborebe.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Chiedu4Trump: 1:12am On Jan 31, 2017
TeamSimple:

Why are you ipad youths so brain dead? And what was the reaction of the eze ndigbos and ipad youths online? did they not take lagos to court with their mantra that lagos is a no man's land.

Many of the ipad lunatics who refused Fashola's order are now wailing the loudest. very stvpid clan.

they are very stupid and u are fighting to keep them with you?

they are very stupid and u are begging them not to leave this joke called Zoogeria?
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by madridsta007(m): 1:16am On Jan 31, 2017
Akshow:
Electoral college are the political elites not necessarily the true composition of the mind of the American people. Carlifonia planning to secede meanwhile. And u think trump will find it easy with his anti people foreign policies. Americans are not Nigerians that Sit down and watch. An overwhelming majority I repeat are against him

An overwhelming majority I repeat are against him

It's safe to say that there's a problem with the comprehension of "overwhelming majority." The only data that is available indicates NO majority, let along overwhelming majority, so where did you get your assumption from?

Let's get this straight: there are hundreds of pro-secessionist groups in the US. Many have radio stations, they hold rallies, etc. Carlifornia has been crying secession. Same with Texas, and a few other red-belt region.

That will never happen.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by sugarsoul(m): 2:23am On Jan 31, 2017
Ontarget:
I pity those protesting it. By the time they allow the virus called Islam to penetrate and wreck havoc they will come back to their senses.
The best post. All these guys crying foul should read "the rise of ISIS, a nairalander shared the link and you will understand why Trump had to take this action. Those guys are psychopaths.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Badgers14: 4:45am On Jan 31, 2017
Rimamsirufun:

I thought His problem was illegal migrants.

No... He is even banning those with valid visas..

Requiring even green card holders from those country to go for additional screening at a U.S embassy in their country.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by harffie(m): 5:24am On Jan 31, 2017
Badgers14:
Trumps rude awakening... Hahaha..

Trump failed to realize that he won electoral vote and not popular vote.

That his success as a businessman doesn't mean success in politics... To be successful in politics, you need political acumen which he lacks.. Business is different from politics in the sense that a business man wants to make money, he bargains and since the owner writes a check he dictate who to buy from.

But presidency is not like that, alot of U.S. politicians join politics because of power, they Dont make much money compared to their counterparts in Nigeria grin grin

But Trump is ridiculing himself already. A judge have blocked "temporary" the executive order while signalling the Plaintiffs, ACLU have a good case.

To be sincere, Trump thought there would be jubilation, he never expected this backlash.

Trump supporters fail to realize his hypocrisy... His grandfather was expelled from Germany, his mother is from Scotland, his first wife Ivanka is from Czech republic and his current wife is from Serbia... Yet he is anti immigration..

Don't forget that one of the biggest company in the planet GoOgle is founded by 2 immigrants.

Trump thinks he could pull a Hitler but that would not happen in this generation. Things have changed.

His immigration orders is just sensless, all this mass shootings left and right , Colorado theather shooting, virgina tech, Connecticut middle school, Chicago every weekend... Which country did all those suspects come from
Chicago alone sef ehn
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by TeamSimple(m): 7:16am On Jan 31, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

they are very stupid and u are fighting to keep them with you?

they are very stupid and u are begging them not to leave this joke called Zoogeria?
Go and make your complain to Aguyi Ironsi in hell
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by mikolo80: 8:55am On Jan 31, 2017
olunuthegreat:
hmmm the last time i check adolf Hitler was a military leader
check properly
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by mikolo80: 9:05am On Jan 31, 2017
Akshow:
Electoral college are the political elites not necessarily the true composition of the mind of the American people. Carlifonia planning to secede meanwhile. And u think trump will find it easy with his anti people foreign policies. Americans are not Nigerians that Sit down and watch. An overwhelming majority I repeat are against him
haha so 3million more votes is overwhelming. Don't forget blue states are gun supporters, liberals will lose badly if things get ugly. They should just wait for 4 years to correct their mistakes
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by mikolo80: 9:06am On Jan 31, 2017
Akshow:
LMAO. Read bro. So u think in ur mind America is like Nigeria where people seat and watch the ruling elite trample on them? Lmao. Do well to post verifiable links to your bogus claims above Mr, stop throwing fake statistic.
well see during midterm elections cos once he appoints judges it's all over
This is not Ukraine
It's not by protesting in the streets.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by mikolo80: 9:09am On Jan 31, 2017
Akshow:
So the ban and restrictions on muslims entry into America affects Christians right? You are one confused joker
if you're a Christian and you travel to those countries you will be checked at the border even if you're a white American
This is why it is compulsory to pass waec English reading and comprehension.
Re: U.S. Companies Protest Trump’s Travel Ban by Deadlytruth(m): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2017
Chiedu4Trump:

Fashola deported Nigerians.

Trump is banning foreigners big difference.

Well your reply proves that there is no one Nigeria.
Federalism permits deportation within the same country. Even Peter Obi deported, Akpabio deported, etc. Why was Fashola's own magnified?
There has never been one-Nigeria, and those who invented that philosophy despite the preponderance of evidence to the contrary actually did us more harm than good. America is a prosperous society built on federalism and not on 'oneness'. That no one ever preaches 'one-America' in the US does not make the US disunited. That no one ever preached 'One-Canada' in Canada does not mean Canada is not really united. So with most other countries. But Nigerians, being very fraudulent and dishonest people, began talking of oneness in an attempt to deceive others to their own selfish advantage. Where there is really unity people don't talk of oneness because it is not even an issue. The fact that a section of Nigeria started talking of one Nigeria actually meant Nigeria was not really one and that those people chose to ignore reality and pretend all was well when the opposite was actually the case. Are we not all suffering the consequences today in the forms of Fulani herdsmen menace, BH, Niger Delta militancy, OPC menace, kidnapping, ethnic wars, federal government sponsored genocides, etc?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The World Is At Pivotal Moment - Antonio Guterres (Pictures) / Miami Building Collapse: Firefighters Trawl The Rubbles As 99 Still Missing / Bush, Romney Won't Support Trump Re-Election - New York Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.