Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,232 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:54 AM

How Sultan Of Sokoto Suddenly Found His Voice - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Sultan Of Sokoto Suddenly Found His Voice (865 Views)

2019: How Sultan Of Sokoto Clashed With Gov El-rufa’i, Mobilized Monarchs To Boy / President Buhari Hosts Ooni Of Ife, Sultan Of Sokoto, Emir Of Kano(photos) / PHOTOS: Gov. Wike Visits Sultan Of Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Sultan Of Sokoto Suddenly Found His Voice by BestGovernance(f): 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2017
It is disheartening seeing our revered leaders manipulating truth on the tripod altar of ethnic, religion and political sentiments. This was my reflection on sudden response of the Supreme head of Islam Council of Nigeria who also double as Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar to recent self defence statements made by some preachers.

While I'm not in consonant with any speech that can fan embers of war or incite people against their leaders, but we should always do well to trace the arising matter to its root. Countless of innocent blood are being shedding by Fulani herdsmen killer squad without knowing when it will stop. In Kano, a woman was butchered by the jihadists and another woman was slaughtered in Abuja for preaching her faith. The perpetrators were acquitted and Sultan of Sokoto could not find his voice on the matter.

From Agatu in Benue State to Nimbo in Enugu, now to the ongoing massacre of Southern Kaduna people, no single perpetrator has been arrested or docked and yet the Sultan of Sokoto could not find his voice. Despite, the perpetrators umbrella body coming out boldly as brain behind all these atrocities, Supreme head of Islam could not find his voice.
Do they want people to accept their lame excuse that this Fulani herdsmen killer squad is from outside Nigeria? Or do they want this narrative to be enough for people to fold their hands while their killers have field day? No, I mean capital NO, people will not continue to allow this. They will defend themselves against this murderous Jihadists since government at all levels has failed to do so.

I have called attention of this constituted authority to disastrous movement undertaking by Fulani herdsmen as far back as August 2015 and later February 2016. You can read them through the link below;
https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/187079/fulani-herdsmen-serial-attacks-another-unnoticed-war-boomin.html
https://m.thenigerianvoice.com/news/207352/fulani-herdsmen-serial-attacks-an-avoidable-war-looming.html

If this current government is not collaborator in this saga then why has it not arrested a Fulani herdsman. The narrative that they are foreigners is against the position of Myetti Cattle Rearers and Breeders Association of Nigeria, who always claim responsibility for herdsmen attack. The Northern Governors Forum's assertion of Mali and Senegal as origin of this Fulani herdsmen is a clear departure from herdsmen umbrella that keep tagging their attacks as reprisal for cattle slaughtered by farmers.

I put it to Alhaji Sa'ad Abubakar to ask for arrest of Garba Sheu, the spokesman of Mr President for supporting blood shedding in Southern Kaduna by his misguided utterances. Garba Sheu claimed the killing in Southern Kaduna was as a result of PDP controlling the senatorial district. It would have been better for the Supreme head of Islam call for the arrest of stakeholders in Myetti Cattle Rearers and Breeders Association of Nigeria than calling religious leaders that want self defence for their followers. It will be more good to hear Sultan of Sokoto calling for the arrest of Governor Nasir El'Rufai for paying killers of his people than indirectly condemning self defence.

As for those Governors shifting post on this matter may their children and relations be slaughtered by this foreign herdsmen one day, so they can feel the pains. Likewise to those ones in the South and Middle belt carving out their lands for Fulani herdsmen to graze, may their children also be victims of Fulani herdsmen killer squad.

By tomorrow Monday, 30th January, 2017, two Christian leaders will be at DSS headquarters office in Abuja for asking their followers to embrace self defence. This is my warning to these so called constituted authorities, if they don't desist from protecting one of the world ranked deadliest group called Fulani herdsmen at the expense of innocent public, their government will fall like pack of cards. No matter how they try to manage this nation, they will keep failing from one sector to the other. They are incurring the wrath of the Almighty God with their actions and inactions, therefore miserable deaths will not cease from their camp.
We are talking of human lives and one police officer called IG is busy doing arithmetic with number of causalities. May his children also be victims of Fulani herdsmen killer squad. For all sponsors, collaborators and sympathizers of this Fulani herdsmen killer squad, I wish you can repent and place human lives above cattle lives. But if you will not repent, may what happened in Agatu, Nimbo and Southern Kaduna be your homes portion speedily.

To Mr President, enough is enough, you sent fighter jet to rescue cattle from cattle rustlers but turned deaf ears to massacre of human lives. You also deemed it fit to send troop to Gambia but no troop to arrest the menace of Fulani herdsmen killer squad. It is high time you told us what you stand for and where you are standing.

To this end, I'm calling on all well meaning Nigerians to save this nation from ruins. Let us say no to the grazing bill and save the minorities and innocent farmers from oblivion.

Ifedayo Obi,
Lead Partner, Good Governance Advocates.

1 Like

Re: How Sultan Of Sokoto Suddenly Found His Voice by Ahmadgani(m): 2:39pm On Jan 30, 2017
POLIICAL MONARCH
Re: How Sultan Of Sokoto Suddenly Found His Voice by BbcNews: 3:04pm On Jan 30, 2017
Nothing But D Truth
Re: How Sultan Of Sokoto Suddenly Found His Voice by AceRoyal: 5:51pm On Jan 30, 2017
Bless you Op
Re: How Sultan Of Sokoto Suddenly Found His Voice by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 30, 2017
The Sultan is a down-righted insincere coward
Re: How Sultan Of Sokoto Suddenly Found His Voice by stonemasonn: 8:31pm On Jan 30, 2017
Well op it seems you want to incur the wrath of cow worshipping cowards called Fulani herdsmen.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do You Not Want Biafra? / Truly Our Politicians Are Wicked By John Zibiri / A Tribute To Nigerians: Great Nation & Good People - Facts You Don't Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.