Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,652 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:54 PM

Boiled Stew - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Boiled Stew (1159 Views)

Nigerian Vegetable Stew Recipe: How To Prepare Healthy Vegetable Stew / Roasted Corn VS Boiled Corn / How To Make Goat Meat Stew (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boiled Stew by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jan 30, 2017
I have received alot of inspiration here about cooking things by just boiling them grin And mixing everything cheesy

I had earlier boiled a mix of cow peas and soya beans (which took hours)

Then, slow boiled the meat (intestines) with onions, spice for about two and 1/2 hours before adding the peas and beans and boiling for one more.

Goes well with maize meal smiley

I'll be doing it again cool

Re: Boiled Stew by Lucasbalo(m): 3:36pm On Feb 02, 2017
Muafrika2:
I have received alot of inspiration here about cooking things by just boiling them grin And mixing everything cheesy

I had earlier boiled a mix of cow peas and soya beans (which took hours)

Then, slow boiled the meat (intestines) with onions, spice for about two and 1/2 hours before adding the peas and beans and boiling for one more.

Goes well with maize meal smiley

I'll be doing it again cool
That stuff looks scary. I hope it's tasty since you seems to like it.
Re: Boiled Stew by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lucasbalo:
That stuff looks scary. I hope it's tasty since you seems to like it.
Veeery tasty. Especially when slow boiled grin
Re: Boiled Stew by Lucasbalo(m): 4:11pm On Feb 02, 2017
Muafrika2:

Veeery tasty. Especially when slow boiled grin
I believe you. I remember the first time I ate amala and I thought i was going to throw up but the look in my mum's face scared me to death. I enjoyed it and that happens to be the only solid Nigerian food I can eat.
Re: Boiled Stew by Nobody: 4:24pm On Feb 02, 2017
Lucasbalo:
I believe you. I remember the first time I ate amala and I thought i was going to throw up but the look in my mum's face scared me to death. I enjoyed it and that happens to be the only solid Nigerian food I can eat.
Exactly ... looks can deceive.

I've got that cassava meal (amala) on my list of foods to try. cool It disappeared from our diet when the white man brought maize here undecided

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Healthy Meals / Online Doughnuts Class!!! / Cake Decorating Ideas And Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.