Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,517 members, 7,819,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

"See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". (91566 Views)

Pump Action Rifles Destined For Nigeria Hidden In Sound Systems In Niger / Seized Pump Action Rifles: Nigerian Customs Meet With Turkish Ambassador(photos) / Nigeria Customs Intercepts Rifles Concealed In 40ft Container In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by jerrymej(m): 6:47am On Jan 31, 2017
Very soon, they'll grant them bail. it won't be also surprising to hear that they've escaped...
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by penta(m): 7:12am On Jan 31, 2017
Amen brother mi.

(quote author=Henrolla post=53275534]This guy must be an "Arsenal" fan.
This is what it means to be a "Gunner"..

We're trying to see how we can disarm the ones causing ptoblems in the country presently and this one is bringing more.
it is well o.

#GodBlessNigeria[/quote]
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by seunmsg(m): 7:27am On Jan 31, 2017
EternalTruths:
Yoruba Igbo and Hausa

The 3 of them.

Now this is truly a profitable business grin

This is a criminal enterprise between an IBO man and his Hausa partners. Stop dragging Yoruba's into what doesn't concern them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by guttentag(m): 7:34am On Jan 31, 2017
For Custom officers mind, them dey work.
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by thinkative: 7:35am On Jan 31, 2017
gamechanger1:

Civilians are permitted to own double barrel rifles. These are shotguns (pump action), they are not meant for civilians

1) The shotguns were concealed with steel doors. that's and indication they were not properly cleared.

2) Civilians are permitted to own small fire arms. Yes! But I think you can only get the licence and buy from the military. there are no authorized privately owned gun shops in Nigeria as at present. This consignment doesn't look like it belongs to the military

Correct me, if I'm wrong pls
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by thinkative: 7:41am On Jan 31, 2017
chyima:

Okay thanks for the information,I know nothing about guns sha,just that the one the police guys always look rusty with those cell tape on it and kinda too heavy and rusty.but I do admire the type DSs carries.it's unique and sophisticated

Lol. you're right. their guns always look tattered and unkempt. but its the best for their line of work. it is automatic - they don't have to pump or reload after each shot. and it can fire bullets over a very long range.

A shotgun is better for close range action. that's why its usually used by armed robbers and night watchmen. its impact is much. instead of the bullet piercing body parts, it blows off the part. but it is short range and you have to manually pump the gun after each shot
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by thinkative: 7:46am On Jan 31, 2017
DBannedAssassin:

I think this is just for show. It is a fact that the constitution allows the people to bear light arms for self defence, if the need be.

Our political and security structures creates a demand it (Most times fences and barb wires are not enough). So what is wrong with this shipment?

The only reasonable thing is that the man did not have papers to bring in the weapons into the country.

But if he did not have the papers, why did he use the warf? Nigerias borders are as porous as a basket.

Left for me, the shipment is legit, and perhaps is one attention seeking low life customs junior officer that blew whistle to his oga (who definetely would be from the same tribal integration).

I repeat this is just scape goating the ibo man.
Pump actions are allowed necessities by the police force. One cannot export such without seeing the right papers.

This is just a show off.

the constitution allows civilians to carry arms. Yes!
But does the constitution allow you to buy arms from privately owned gun stores? Are you telling me that the guys are taking the guns yo their shop at Ikeja and civilians will go and buy there? come on!
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by VanBommel(m): 7:47am On Jan 31, 2017
Tbillz:
FG should give him contract to import for them because he knows the right mafians to buy from, instead of those rusted iron Nig police are hanging around!!!
Yea, you know what's up man cool

1 Like

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by vanwyk82: 7:48am On Jan 31, 2017
Funny enough d importatn might comes frm most our top officials in Aso_Rock
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by asumo12: 7:51am On Jan 31, 2017
Ask4Info:
EVERY SENIOR AND JUNIOR CUSTOM OFFICER WHO THIS CONTAINER FILE PASSED THROUGH MUST BE FIRED WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT

So it was actually cleared and was heading to its destination? No way on Planet Earth will some Senior custom guys claim they weren't aware of the contents.

Corruption has killed Nigeria and same corruption if not curtailed will bury this country

Maybe they shortchanged some set of Custom guys in the settlement that's why those ones waylaid them and casted.

No customs officer in his rightful mind will release arms and ammunition my Bro...

The container was not well examined cause in Nigeria port we lack handling equipment....
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by olanshi: 7:55am On Jan 31, 2017

They truly want to ground this country ' Nigeria' it's so sad!

This men don't believe in Peace and Unity.

No more Love in this present world we live.

661 Pump action guns!!! Oh God
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by SilvanusII(m): 8:00am On Jan 31, 2017
EternalTruths:
Yoruba Igbo and Hausa

The 3 of them.

Imagine, common language is MONEY. The Igbo man cares less the same weapon will be used on his kinsman in the nearest future. When kasala burst, na Buhari Buhari dem go dey shout. Mumu

1 Like

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by samsam2019: 8:18am On Jan 31, 2017
kuuljay:
grin grin grin really?do you even have an idea how many bullets are encased in a shortgun bullet shell case? Believe what you like I don't have time to argue may you not have to experience the diferences grin grin grin goodluck
aren't we say g the same thing?
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by Nobody: 8:48am On Jan 31, 2017
bendike:
Whats the noice all about? These are ordinary pump action shot guns for personal home protection of which you can get a license for. Have you seen soldiers using shot guns for war? Instead of most people here to find out how to buy one to peotect your home from robbers and boko haram people are complaining. Mwtcheew. See most big men and even average folks have 1 or 2 in their homes.

There is little sense in this but Nigeria is not mature enough for gun control.
How do we ascertain background checks before allowing someone to legitimately own a gun
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by lilytender: 8:49am On Jan 31, 2017
EternalTruths:
Yoruba Igbo and Hausa

The 3 of them.

I told you all, Nigeria shall never ever divide. Can you see how the three major tribes united in crime? One Nigeria Forever. Omo Naija ni wa, Naija lo bi was si, Naija ni ati ka A B C. Awa Naija, ale fi eyin shi Pepsi.

But wait ooo, the two Muslims guys there may not be Yorubas. The probability is 50-50. Either of them could be Yoruba Muslim.
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by morisnewrain(m): 8:51am On Jan 31, 2017
EternalTruths:
Yoruba Igbo and Hausa

The 3 of them.

Where did u see Yoruba name?

2 Likes

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by Eledan: 9:00am On Jan 31, 2017
Arewa and Biafran collabo grin
O ma badt gan!!

1 Like

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by Eledan: 9:01am On Jan 31, 2017
lilytender:

I told you all, Nigeria shall never ever divide. Can you see how the three major tribes united in crime? One Nigeria Forever. Omo Naija ni wa, Naija lo bi was si, Naija ni ati ka A B C. Awa Naija, ale fi eyin shi Pepsi.

Show me the Yoruba name there!

1 Like

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by morisnewrain(m): 9:01am On Jan 31, 2017
cobadit:
These men are sent by some set of godfathers and wen investigation get to those people case will be shut and we hear nothing abt those guys again..... Nigerians are now wise government should stop fooling us jhoor
Why u people always find excuses for every event? "Government should stop fooling us jhoor". We know the manner can go under carpet but let's keep all arms on deck. The perpetrators must hear uhen! Those lawyers & justices defending them nko? This is a clear TREASON against Nigeria but Adegboruwa and Omokri will begin another episode or argument on consignee, consignor & consignment. I begin to see sense in your comment though.

1 Like

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by morisnewrain(m): 9:05am On Jan 31, 2017
Blackfire:
the 3 tribes well represented ...
Look closely. No Yoruba rep there. They hate shut like this.
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by jbcul4ril(m): 9:05am On Jan 31, 2017
I thank the importer for equipping our newly recruited police officers with pump action guns.
I also want to use this medium to encourage illegal importers arms to please import more so that they will be caught and in turn equip our security agencies. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Some people in rivers just gave our air force two Helicopters . I thank the importers grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin you are helping government to prosper. Thank you cheesy grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by focus7: 9:06am On Jan 31, 2017
fastjett:

Idiot go and wise up and stop talking like fool. If the same SE say they want out you will still be the one shouting one stupid fuuuccckkkkking one Nigeria. Ode
Which of the banking hall are you ejaculating today?

1 Like

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by morisnewrain(m): 9:07am On Jan 31, 2017
Blackfire:
the 3 tribes well represented ...
Look closely. No Yoruba rep there. They hate shit like this.
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by morisnewrain(m): 9:18am On Jan 31, 2017
SalamRushdie:
How was the container cleared in the first place without physical inspection
They don't inspect whole consignment, they take samples. Although the agent would be 80% aware of the contents. That is why customs work along with the clearing agent to ascertain the contents.

1 Like

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by nwaomuma: 9:30am On Jan 31, 2017
Na waoh
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by Beetobee(f): 10:49am On Jan 31, 2017
The Hausa's were not the importers. They were just gullible and thus caught up in their greed. Biafran agenda arms, I believe!
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by dohhnutt1(m): 11:08am On Jan 31, 2017
See their dirty faces them be bokoharam. 12 Weeks Intensive Training on Interior Design and Autocad/Revit Design. Free Registration Online on http:///2kbIhoT
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by Eledan: 11:13am On Jan 31, 2017
focus7:
Which of the banking hall are you ejaculating today?

Focus!! You no get joy for these flatts at all grin
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by greatmind11: 11:14am On Jan 31, 2017
God go help naija

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Tinubu Poses With PDP Members In Lagos (Photos) / Amaechi's Brother, Dede Amaechi Is Dead: Buhari Commiserates With Rotimi Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.