Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,609 members, 7,820,166 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

"See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". (91569 Views)

Pump Action Rifles Destined For Nigeria Hidden In Sound Systems In Niger / Seized Pump Action Rifles: Nigerian Customs Meet With Turkish Ambassador(photos) / Nigeria Customs Intercepts Rifles Concealed In 40ft Container In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by eposho: 12:27pm On Jan 31, 2017
thinkative:

1) The shotguns were concealed with steel doors. that's and indication they were not properly cleared.

2) Civilians are permitted to own small fire arms. Yes! But I think you can only get the licence and buy from the military. there are no authorized privately owned gun shops in Nigeria as at present. This consignment doesn't look like it belongs to the military

Correct me, if I'm wrong pls
I think if I am right , in ibadan there is company that sell license guns and been doing so for long time. Cant just remember the name now.
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by Stormofsword: 1:21pm On Jan 31, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
The Federal Operations Unit (FOU) of the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS) intercepted 661 pieces of pump-action rifles from China, concealed with steel doors and other merchandise goods, which came in through Lagos port. Pictured are the suspects; Mr Oscan Okafor (an importer), Mr Mahmud Haruna (a clearing agent), Mr Sadique Mustapha (accompanying the consignment to its destination).

The Comptroller-General of Customs, Retired Col. Hameed Alli, made the disclosure while briefing newsmen on Monday in Lagos.

Alli said that the Federal Operations Unit, while on patrol, intercepted a Mark truck with registration number BUG 265 XG conveying a 40ft container with the number; PONU/825914/3 along Mile 2 Apapa Road, Lagos.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the consignment was cleared from Lagos port.

The comptroller-general said the truck was immediately taken to F.O.U. premises for physical examination and 49 boxes containing 661 pieces of pump action rifles concealed with steel doors were revealed.

Source; http://www.nationalhelm.net/2017/01/see-men-who-imported-pump-action-rifles.html

Every government security agency that conducted a search on the container and passed it for clearance should be probed. They should be sacked from top to bottom particularly those that work in Apapa port. There is no way they wont know about it.
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by litaninja(m): 2:20pm On Jan 31, 2017
Errr...lets see.The customs service has recently been shown to be very sloppy at record-keeping. Pumping action SHOTGUNS (pictured) are NOT illegal in Nigeria, they are however strictly controlled. I'll wager that someone who actually has a valid arms import license brought these in and the customs service has lost the documentation or just plain forgotten. The quantity, quality and intended use of the firearms however, would be under the jurisdiction of the police and other security agencies...
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by lastpage: 4:24pm On Jan 31, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Two northerners and one easterner , I don't see any westerner there

Pictured are the suspects; Mr Oscan Okafor (an importer), Mr Mahmud Haruna (a clearing agent), Mr Sadique Mustapha (accompanying the consignment to its destination).

The Northerners are mere transporters, to move it to the destination from the Wharf.

The real Criminal who imported the Guns is Mr. OKAFOR!

I guess you already know where he hails from!
grin grin undecided undecided

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by Eledan: 4:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
Nigerians are Nigeria's problem.

A Nigerian imported the guns.

Some Nigerians cleared the guns

Some Nigerians transported and accompanied the guns

Some Nigerians will USE the guns to kill Nigerians.
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by eposho: 4:52pm On Jan 31, 2017
Eledan:
Nigerians are Nigeria's problem.

A Nigerian imported the guns.

Some Nigerians cleared the guns

Some Nigerians transported and accompanied the guns

Some Nigerians will USE the guns to kill Nigerians.
Well said, patrotism out of the door.
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by thinkative: 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2017
eposho:

I think if I am right , in ibadan there is company that sell license guns and been doing so for long time. Cant just remember the name now.
Really? That's interesting
will try to find out
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by Horus(m): 6:35pm On Jan 31, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqVp0JPZWug

Nigeria Has Not Gotten To The Point Where People Can Import Arms -- Olusegun Ajano
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by akigbemaru: 11:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Pump action!
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by selectedhero(m): 12:37am On Feb 01, 2017
see the face of the man who imported the deadliest type of hunger that is sporadically killing Nigerians.

Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by Origin(f): 8:03am On Feb 01, 2017
Kudos to customs and this people must not go free. Add the weapons to the Army's arsenal. The ultimate buyer must be caught.

@Seun- please I need a "e no go better for you" aka "waka" aka "five fingers" emoji.

For 10kobo they will destroy lives destroy nations for money they cannot use after death.
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by gamechanger1: 6:10pm On Feb 02, 2017
thinkative:

1) The shotguns were concealed with steel doors. that's and indication they were not properly cleared.

2) Civilians are permitted to own small fire arms. Yes! But I think you can only get the licence and buy from the military. there are no authorized privately owned gun shops in Nigeria as at present. This consignment doesn't look like it belongs to the military

Correct me, if I'm wrong pls

Ok, I'm not an authority on these things, I once wanted to apply to own a gun and this is what my police officer friends told me. They also said it is the police that grants the license, sells the gun and provides training to the applicants
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by LannisterIMP: 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2017
cytell56:
Mumu, when did Hausa name become a Yoruba nah. Abeg carry your cross by yourself. No rope us.

Take you remarks. Put it on your back pocket to present to those that own you.

So they can re-invest it In your EDUCATION. Hopefully you can get a re-orientation again.

That way you can come hear and read and understand before naming tribe or point Fingers.
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by cytell56: 7:46pm On Feb 06, 2017
LannisterIMP:

Take you remarks. Put it on your back pocket to present to those that own you.

So they can re-invest it In your EDUCATION. Hopefully you can get a re-orientation again.

That way you can come hear and read and understand before naming tribe or point Fingers.
English you can not compose well
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by ThaRealNyke: 8:45pm On May 16, 2021
(+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information on Clearing and Forwarding, Import and Export, Air Freight and Sea Cargo delivery with proper documentation at Customs Apapa Wharf, Lagos Nigeria port authority.

Everyone deserves an easy way of Clearing their goods in Wharf Apapa Lagos, Nigeria. From a Container of Tokunbo Cars, New Cars, Trucks, equipment and gadgets, electronics, building materials and all types of goods in vogue at the normal charges.

(+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information.
VANLEX GLOBAL EXPRESS NIG. LTD.
Office Address: 21, Complex Office, TINCAN Island, Apapa Lagos.

We are here on Earth to help each other!
Our presences in virtually Sea and Airports in Nigeria have facilitated the increase in our list of clientele far and wide, mainly those importing to Nigeria.

I help the Importers and Exporters with all Customs Brokers services , as well as statutory agencies for the provision of logistics support and documentations of exportation and importation of goods. I render Custom Licensed clearing and Forwarding services.

(+234) 08069829826 - Call / Text / WhatsApp Martins for more information.
VANLEX GLOBAL EXPRESS NIG. LTD.
Office Address: 21, Complex Office, TINCAN Island, Apapa Lagos.
Re: "See The Men Who Imported The Pump Action Rifles Found In A Container In Lagos". by johnmartus(m): 9:10pm On May 16, 2021
Yoruba is not there.
Blackfire:
the 3 tribes well represented ...

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Graphic Photos From The Scene Of Yesterday's Bomb Blast In Kuje,Abuja / Tinubu Poses With PDP Members In Lagos (Photos) / Amaechi's Brother, Dede Amaechi Is Dead: Buhari Commiserates With Rotimi Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.