Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:36 AM

Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians (6780 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Fake Zahra Buhari’s Facebook Post Insulting Nigerians / Presidency Reacts To Planned Nationwide Protest On February 5th / Presidency reacts to why pres. Buhari was not invited to Donald Trump's inaugura (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by kanicorp9(m): 2:52am On Jan 31, 2017
Following the implementation of President Donald Trump's immigration policy, the United States is expected to stop issuing 2-year visas to Nigerians.

Presidency Reacts to Trump's Visa Ban for Nigerians
The policy aims to treat countries the same way Americans are treated as regards visa issuance. Nigeria only offers a one-year visa to Americans at the moment while American used to offer a 2-year visa to Nigerians.

According to Vanguard, presidential spokesman, Femi Adesina, in reaction to the visa ban on Sunday, January 29, said: “It is not a presidency matter.”

READ ALSO: Protests rock airports as US immigration detains, turns back Muslims from entering

A critical analysis by Naij.com shows that Nigerians who hold dual nationality will be affected if their other passport is from Syria, Iraq, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen the seven Muslim-majority countries “of concern”.

Recall that barely a week after the inauguration of Trump as the president of the United States, he approved some executive orders that include visa denial for citizens of Syria and six other middle eastern and African countries.

There had been a widespread uproar during Trump's campaign when he proposed a temporary ban on Muslims migrating to the United States, this he believed, would protect the citizens from jihadist attacks.

READ ALSO: Trump fulfils campaign promise, set to build Mexico wall

But rather than place a ban on those of a specific religion, Trump and his nominee for attorney general, Senator Jeff Sessions, have agreed to focus on restrictions instead, with special focus on countries whose migrants could pose a threat.

I Think Our Fg Response Fast To Things like this

https://www.naij.com/1085254-presidency-reacts-us-visa-ban-nigerians.html

Also Check Up coming site https://www.wikinaija.net
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by FastShipping: 3:05am On Jan 31, 2017
Cjrane2:
Why did Buhari poke his nose into American business by sponsoring Hillary with $500 million dollars?

Now expect Liar Mohammed to tell us some cork and bull story to deny it.

Abeg React, that is all we can do. Why don't we "ban" Americans?

I warned getting involved in American politics was a high risk behavior for Buhari, but ofcourse Oga President Buhari calls every who isn't Fulani : Dogs & Baboon.

When some of you decide to come online and spread falsehood, one just have to shake head. American law does not permit foreign donations of political campaign. There is no way such amount of money could have slipped through into American election campaign. Hillary Clinton only spent about 800 Million dollars on her campaign but you knowingly lied and disgraced yourself for everybody to see you. How could Buhari have donated $500M out of which $800M was spent? Do you really think people are foolish to believe this lie?

I shake my head for any kid who look up to a liar like you. The future of any kid who look up to blatant liar as you is bleak.

I don't support Buhari but I won't start lying or wishing him dead or celebrating his death when he's still alive. It is my wish for Buhari to be disgraced out of office but liars like you won't make defeat of Buhari a reality.

Stop lying through your teeth.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Atiku2019: 3:37am On Jan 31, 2017
Cjrane2:
Why did Buhari poke his nose into American business by sponsoring Hillary with $500 million dollars?

I warned getting involved in American politics was a high risk behavior for Buhari, but ofcourse Oga President Buhari calls every who isn't Fulani : Dogs & Baboon. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now he better bans Americans o!

Buhari will never donate $500m to Hilary. Thanks grin

3 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by saint047(m): 3:44am On Jan 31, 2017
Nigeria Presidency are synonymous with reaction and retraction

2 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by LoveDecay(m): 3:46am On Jan 31, 2017
Their is no ban on visa's applicants from Nigeria only from Biafra .... grin

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by paschal47(m): 4:34am On Jan 31, 2017
Cjrane2:

I warned getting involved in American politics was a high risk behavior for Buhari, but ofcourse Oga President Buhari calls every who isn't Fulani : Dogs & Baboon. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Now he better bans Americans o!
I'm not a fan of buhari oh but when you want to dish out lies, apply wisdom. Why would buhari support a campaign with $500 million?

16 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Paperwhite(m): 4:48am On Jan 31, 2017
Moral of this news-Trumps is never a slow poke president unlike the one who took a whooping 6months to appoint his corrupt political stooges that knows next to nothing.He walked the talk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Emerald94(f): 5:00am On Jan 31, 2017
it's an eye for an eye...so what's the ish

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by CoolFreeday(m): 5:18am On Jan 31, 2017
who cares, its better for us self
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Joephat(m): 5:27am On Jan 31, 2017
React ni.......
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by greatgod2012(f): 5:27am On Jan 31, 2017
As if Nigeria presidency can do anything about it...........

OK, as una don react so,,make we see wetin una fit do o

Yeye dey smell!

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by opalu: 5:39am On Jan 31, 2017
You can be in the UK and not be OK
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by AntiIPOOP(m): 5:50am On Jan 31, 2017
What do we expect when people from certain region commits all sorts of crimes there, angry.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by jejemanito: 5:56am On Jan 31, 2017
undecided
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Gten(m): 6:00am On Jan 31, 2017
The Federal Government should send DSS to investigate Donald Trump immediately.

4 Likes

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Nobody: 6:25am On Jan 31, 2017
Na so so react we go dey react until the chips are down.
Watch how it takes 6months before Buhari does anything meaningful about this.
First he would set up a committee to study the immediate and remote implication of the policy while the house committee on foreign affairs sets up their own parallel committee.
Then the Attorney General would have to set up his own committee to study the recommendations of the presidential committee and come up with a white paper which would be forwarded to the national assembly.
By the time we're done with all these, 2019 would be around the corner.
Nothing like an executive order at all. SMH

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by proeast(m): 6:29am On Jan 31, 2017
Is Buhari dead or alive? We the masses need to know pls! Yaradua saga is still fresh in our minds and we dont need a repeat!
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by AntiWailer: 6:33am On Jan 31, 2017
FastShipping:

When some of you decide to come online and spread falsehood, one just have to shake head. American law does not permit foreign donations of political campaign. There is no way such amount of money could have slipped through into American election campaign. Hillary Clinton only spent about 800 Million dollars on her campaign but you knowingly lied and disgraced yourself for everybody to see you. How could Buhari have donated $500M out of which $800M was spent? Do you really think people are foolish to believe this lie?

I shake my head for any kid who look up to a liar like you. The future of any kid who look up to blatant liar as you is bleak.

I don't support Buhari but I won't start lying or wishing him dead or celebrating his death when he's still alive. It is my wish for Buhari to be disgraced out of office but liars like you won't make defeat of Buhari a reality.

I don't blame liars. I blame dead brains who can not just think.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by cirmuell(m): 6:38am On Jan 31, 2017
Bunch of illiterate fucktards angry
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by joe4christ(m): 6:41am On Jan 31, 2017
Trump my main man grin

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Omudia11: 6:45am On Jan 31, 2017
Lol.
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by EternalTruths: 6:50am On Jan 31, 2017
FastShipping:

Whether $500million or $5million Buhari must be investigate angry

If found to have done such, Buhari should be impeached. angry

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by helinues: 6:52am On Jan 31, 2017
no wailing

Simply do me and do you
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by dunkem21(m): 7:02am On Jan 31, 2017
helinues:
no wailing

Simply do me and do you

Simple cheesy No love lost ..

Americans will love this new sherrif grin
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Pavore9: 7:03am On Jan 31, 2017
Nigerian government is really dull!

In 2015, Kenyan government negotiated with Obama for increase in the validity of Visa.

"The United States and the Republic of Kenya are scheduled to jointly increase the validity of short-term business/tourist visas and student visas issued to each other’s citizens on September 22, 2015," the announcement said.

This means Kenyan applicants who qualify for non-immigrant visa will be eligible to receive a multiple-entry visa for up to five years for business and tourist travel."
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by kuuljay(m): 7:04am On Jan 31, 2017
FastShipping:

I don't support Buhari but I won't start lying or wishing him dead or celebrating his death when he's still alive. It is my wish for Buhari to be disgraced out of office but liars like you won't make defeat of Buhari a reality.nairaland is infested by very poor literate kids which sometimes I wander whether am in the midst of market women in ogbete,try to currect them and their either call you a wailer or a zombie.

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by dunkem21(m): 7:07am On Jan 31, 2017
Pavore9:
Nigerian government is really dull!

Very dull, I swear .. The only *reaction they gave is that "It is not a Presidency matter" ..

Make I shut up joor lipsrsealed
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by Nobody: 7:15am On Jan 31, 2017
n
Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by kolado(m): 7:20am On Jan 31, 2017
The coast is now clear for us to know where we belong. Nothing good can come out of this government but bad luck.

1 Like

Re: Presidency Reacts To US Visa Ban On Nigerians by sdindan: 7:24am On Jan 31, 2017
GEJ regime was setting up committees,
Buhari's regime is always reacting, abi na chemical? I see no changes!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vice President Osinbajo, Sue Ochereome Nnanna Now! / EndSARS: Lagos To Release White Paper On Panel Report Today – Sanwo-Olu / Just In: Peter Obi Running Mate’s House Surrounded By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.