Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,273 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. (2101 Views)

The Rise And Fall Of Nnamdi Kanu By Shaka Momodu / Amaechi Reveals Cause Of His Problem With Goodluck Jonathan, Wife / Checkout The Writing Spotted On A Bus In Sokoto (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Simongm(m): 7:13am On Jan 31, 2017
The cause of recession is in the Mirror !

The fall of the Naira did not just happen overnight, when Naira was stronger was when we had;
1. Peugeot Automobile Nigeria.
2. Volkswagen Nigeria.
3. Dunlop Nigeria LTD
4. Michellin, Nigeria
5. BATA.
6. LENNARDS.
7. Nigerian Airways.
8. Steel Rolling Mill, Osogbo.
9. Steel Rolling Mill, Ajaokuta
10. Arewa Textile Mill.
11. BEREC Battery.
12. ANAMCO
13. General Motors.
14. Kingsway.
15 A.G. Leventis
16 Bhojson's
17. IBM
18. IICC.
19. RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB.
20. Aladja Steel Rolling
21. Osogbo Machine Tool
22. Anamco Enugu
23. Newclime Fan PortHarcourt ETC

Free fall started when we abandoned;
1. IICC for ARSENAL
2. RANGERS for MAN. U.
3. EYINMBA for LIVERPOOL.
4. NIGERIA AIRWAYS for BA
5. YANKARI for DISNEY LAND.
6. GURARA for ISRAEL.
7. IKOGOSI for UK .
8. PALM WINE for HENESSY.
9. ANKARA for SWISS LACE.
10. ARIARIA for ITALIAN SHOES.
11. MAMA PUT for QUILOX.
12. OJA OBA for SHOPRITE.
13. LOCAL for IMPORTED RICE
14. FRESH TOMATO for DERICA etc

There is practically nothing on ground in Nigeria to attract the dollar.
Naija brands are sponsoring foreign clubs e.g Star beer.
A bottle of Henessy is 110k in Quilox, in V.I.
The voice over of ARIK AIR advert was done by an English man.
We even exchange NAIRA to DOLLAR to bring in tooth pick, chicken and fish and we think we are growing the NAIRA!

Nigeria, being the 5th largest consumer of Japanese products in the world, do not have an Assembly Plant for Toyota.
We do not have assembly plants for Mercedes Benz, Hyundai, Honda, etc.

Despite the fast growth of broadcasting & ICT in Nigeria, we do not have assembly plants for any of the producers of all electronic appliances such as Samsung, Sony, Nokia, HP, Techno, etc.

Major software development contracts are warehoused from offshore. Corporate Executives & politicians give more preference to foreign trainings, foreign medical services, foreign
food items & foreign dresses.

With the growth in aviation, aircraft maintenance are are done offshore.

Most fishing companies have been taken over by the Indian.

Hmmmm.....
Don't look elsewhere, check the MIRROR - We are
collectively CULPABLE !
Please stop developing other economies at our
detriment. Let us begin to patronise local products, and grow the NAIRA !
The time to start is now.
(Copied)

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON NIGERIA, MAY HE GRANT USAND OUR LEADERS DIVINE DIRECTIONS IN JESUS NAME.
Cc: lalasticlala

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Kondomatic(m): 7:15am On Jan 31, 2017
But everything multiplied when our current oga at the top came. Can you tell me why?

Is because we left Jonathan for Buhari?
Transformation for Change?

Just asking

And why do people get dollar at N0.61/$1 while some are getting it at N495/$1.

I confuse die bros.

8 Likes

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Justiyke4u: 7:19am On Jan 31, 2017
How many of those companies still operate today?

2 Likes

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by dingbang(m): 7:21am On Jan 31, 2017
Buy america, hire america....

In Nigeria

Buy international, hire international

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Simongm(m): 7:22am On Jan 31, 2017
Kondomatic:
But everything multiplied when our current oga at the top came. Can you tell me why?

It is because you once supported the idea of "stealing is not corruption" which is one of the main causes of free fall of Naira to dollar.

3 Likes

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Kondomatic(m): 7:25am On Jan 31, 2017
Simongm:

It is because you once supported the idea of "stealing is not corruption" which is one of the main causes of free fall of Naira to dollar.
Yea.... And you're one of the Abacha never stole crew that are now clamoring for the return of Abacha's loot.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Emescot(m): 7:25am On Jan 31, 2017
We never see anything o... All this na small compared to wetin still dey come

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by 7lives: 7:27am On Jan 31, 2017
Kondomatic:
Yea.... And you're one of the Abacha never stole crew that are now clamoring for the return of Abacha's loot.

We don hear you Mr free lunch.
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Simongm(m): 7:28am On Jan 31, 2017
Justiyke4u:
How many of those companies still operate today?

The same question keep running through my mind sir..may be Peugeot Automobile Nigeria and Volkswagen Nigeria.
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Simongm(m): 7:33am On Jan 31, 2017
Kondomatic:

Yes, atleast we are clamoring for it safe return. Kindly tell your Hero and his group of looters to return our "yams" as well. When that is done, it will sure grow the Naira to some extent.
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Kondomatic(m): 7:36am On Jan 31, 2017
Simongm:

Yes, atleast we are clamoring for it safe return. Kindly tell you Hero and his group of looters to return our "yams" as well. Atleast, it will sure grow the Naira to some extent.
Clamoring for the safe return of what was never missing?

Convict him of eating your yam with verifiable evidence and we will all join you guys to force him return it or keep calm and enjoy your change.

3 Likes

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by george93(m): 7:40am On Jan 31, 2017
This is our own doing as we c foreign commodities as more original than ours.

Nigerians will always find a way to introduce something fake among d original to maximize profit.

Let me give an instance here. I'm a pharmacist by profession and have found out that the lumefantrine&arthemeter combination antimalaria drugs imported and produced locally are not the same. In fact, analysis has shown that most local brands contain less than 40% of the active ingredient unlike foreign (e.g coartem 80/480) that has above 85% of the active ingredient.

Our problem is faking n I don't blame ppl for going for foreign products as against locally manufactured ones.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by buchai: 7:42am On Jan 31, 2017
the one wey still dey pain me bi say our local markets are been upgraded to plaza where the rents are too high for common man the people that will eventually rent the plaza will use them to sale imported goods whereby our own farm produced will be displayed on the road side

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by SalamRushdie: 7:45am On Jan 31, 2017
Simongm:
The cause of recession is in the Mirror !

The fall of the Naira did not just happen overnight, when Naira was stronger was when we had;
1. Peugeot Automobile Nigeria.
2. Volkswagen Nigeria.
3. Dunlop Nigeria LTD
4. Michellin, Nigeria
5. BATA.
6. LENNARDS.
7. Nigerian Airways.
8. Steel Rolling Mill, Osogbo.
9. Steel Rolling Mill, Ajaokuta
10. Arewa Textile Mill.
11. BEREC Battery.
12. ANAMCO
13. General Motors.
14. Kingsway.
15 A.G. Leventis
16 Bhojson's
17. IBM
18. IICC.
19. RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB.
20. Aladja Steel Rolling
21. Osogbo Machine Tool
22. Anamco Enugu
23. Newclime Fan PortHarcourt ETC

Free fall started when we abandoned;
1. IICC for ARSENAL
2. RANGERS for MAN. U.
3. EYINMBA for LIVERPOOL.
4. NIGERIA AIRWAYS for BA
5. YANKARI for DISNEY LAND.
6. GURARA for ISRAEL.
7. IKOGOSI for UK .
8. PALM WINE for HENESSY.
9. ANKARA for SWISS LACE.
10. ARIARIA for ITALIAN SHOES.
11. MAMA PUT for QUILOX.
12. OJA OBA for SHOPRITE.
13. LOCAL for IMPORTED RICE
14. FRESH TOMATO for DERICA etc

There is practically nothing on ground in Nigeria to attract the dollar.
Naija brands are sponsoring foreign clubs e.g Star beer.
A bottle of Henessy is 110k in Quilox, in V.I.
The voice over of ARIK AIR advert was done by an English man.
We even exchange NAIRA to DOLLAR to bring in tooth pick, chicken and fish and we think we are growing the NAIRA!

Nigeria, being the 5th largest consumer of Japanese products in the world, do not have an Assembly Plant for Toyota.
We do not have assembly plants for Mercedes Benz, Hyundai, Honda, etc.

Despite the fast growth of broadcasting & ICT in Nigeria, we do not have assembly plants for any of the producers of all electronic appliances such as Samsung, Sony, Nokia, HP, Techno, etc.

Major software development contracts are warehoused from offshore. Corporate Executives & politicians give more preference to foreign trainings, foreign medical services, foreign
food items & foreign dresses.

With the growth in aviation, aircraft maintenance are are done offshore.

Most fishing companies have been taken over by the Indian.

Hmmmm.....
Don't look elsewhere, check the MIRROR - We are
collectively CULPABLE !
Please stop developing other economies at our
detriment. Let us begin to patronise local products, and grow the NAIRA !
The time to start is now.
(Copied)

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON NIGERIA, MAY HE GRANT USAND OUR LEADERS DIVINE DIRECTIONS IN JESUS NAME.
Cc: lalasticlala

But are you aware most of the industries you spoke of were killed by poor policies initiated by this same Buhari in 1984

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 31, 2017
As you rightly said, we're all culpable. We think of what we would gain from the system but not what we can contribute to improve the system. Employ a Nigerian today, tomorrow he is thinking of how is going to make his life out of your sweat illicitly. Stealing to us is a business.
Nigerians will compromise quality on anything, including medicine without considering the
consequences, as long as financial gain is achieved.
A society where there is no law and order, where
godfatherism strives, where your skill and knowledge can not get you what you deserved, but whom you know.
Everyone of us must be prepared to change for us to move ahead as a nation.
We MUST LOVE NIGERIA if we really want our lives to have a meaning and leave a good legacy for our children yet unborn if not, they will be cursing us all wherever we may be. God bless Nigeria and change our hearts to love our dear nation.
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by DoyenExchange: 7:47am On Jan 31, 2017
More or less the truth!
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Simongm(m): 7:51am On Jan 31, 2017
SalamRushdie:

But are you aware most of the industries you spoke of were killed by poor policies initiated by this same Buhari in 1984

That is a lie, i still heard about those companies in the late 90s.
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by SalamRushdie: 7:55am On Jan 31, 2017
Simongm:

That is a lie, i still heard about those companies in the late 90s.

Yes some of them struggled into the mid 90s but that but Buharis poor policies in the 80s set the ball rolling for their eventual demise just like many companies who are already struggling due to his bad leadership today will struggle for sometime and pack up in another persons govt

1 Like

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Nobody: 7:59am On Jan 31, 2017
george93:

Nigerians will always find a way to introduce something fake among d original to maximize profit.

Let me give an instance here. I'm a pharmacist by profession and have found out that the lumefantrine&arthemeter combination antimalaria drugs imported and produced locally are not the same. In fact, analysis has shown that most local brands contain less than 40% of the active ingredient unlike foreign (e.g coartem 80/480) that has above 85% of the active ingredient.

Our problem is faking n I don't blame ppl for going for foreign products as against locally manufactured ones.

You see now, Nigerians will compromise quality on anything, as long as financial gain is achieved.
Even red oil, Nigerian will mixed colour with chemicals and sell it to his/her neighbor. So many adulterated red oil in the market these days.
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Simongm(m): 8:04am On Jan 31, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Yes some of them struggled into the mid 90s but that but Buharis poor policies in the 80s set the ball rolling for their eventual demise just like many companies who are already struggling due to his bad leadership today will struggle for sometime and pack up in another persons govt

Most of those companies pack up/moved to Ghana because of power situations in the country during pdp reign.
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by SalamRushdie: 8:06am On Jan 31, 2017
Simongm:

Most of those companies pack up/moved to Ghana because of power situations in the country during pdp reign.

I didnt know I was speaking to a party agent. So you mean there was steady power supply in Nigeria before PDP?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Simongm(m): 8:09am On Jan 31, 2017
SalamRushdie:

I didnt know I was speaking to a party agent. So you mean there was steady power supply in Nigeria before PDP?

No, but PDP ought to have improve the power situation before their(companies) eventual pack up.
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by george93(m): 8:13am On Jan 31, 2017
Guseh:

You see now, Nigerians will compromise quality on anything, as long as financial gain is achieved.
Even red oil, Nigerian will mixed colour with chemicals and sell it to his/her neighbor. So many adulterated red oil in the market these days.
When I was a student there was one OKPA that I bought n my mum ate it and made a comment that l heard for the first time.

She said that they mixed the OKPA with maize and that in addition to that they used colouring to redden the OKPA. I was shocked to the bone marrow.

Faking an ordinary OKPA...
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by ayindejimmy(m): 8:14am On Jan 31, 2017
Kondomatic:

Is because we left Jonathan for Buhari?
Transformation for Change?

Just asking

And why do people get dollar at N0.61/$1 while some are getting it at N495/$1.

I confuse die bros.

Please who are those getting dollar at N0. 61/$1?
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by SalamRushdie: 8:15am On Jan 31, 2017
Simongm:

No, but PDP ought to have improve the power situation before their(companies) eventual pack up.

My friend stop being economic with the truth , before 1999 most of those companies you listed had packed up finally ..I never even met the volkwagen plant producing , by 1997 PAN had stopped any major assembly and was just sitting there ...there was no leventis super store operating anywhere before 1999 ..Soon Buharis poor policy will send shoprite et al away again and in future sombody will draw a list like you have doe to blame another govt ....Buhari is responsible for 70 percent of the problems in our economic history .
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by ayindejimmy(m): 8:18am On Jan 31, 2017
SalamRushdie:

So in all, only Buhari is to blame whether then or now?
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by ayindejimmy(m): 8:21am On Jan 31, 2017
george93:

That means agencies like Nafdac and Son are not doing their work effectively
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by Kondomatic(m): 8:27am On Jan 31, 2017
ayindejimmy:

Please who are those getting dollar at N0. 61/$1?
You didn't see the post yesterday?

Some are getting at N0.61,some at N23, N83 etc.

I won't be surprised to hear that some are getting it free.
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by SalamRushdie: 8:30am On Jan 31, 2017
ayindejimmy:

So in all, only Buhari is to blame whether then or now?

Please go and study the economic policies of Buhari in the 80s proper and you will see that was where Nigeria lost the big plot ...For example Nigeria Airways was the biggest airline and most profitable airline in Africa before he came but barely 15 months later the same airline would return 70 percent of its fleet and cut 1000 jobs ...Are you aware that Buhari engaged in strnage economics then like secretly changing the currency virtually overnight without proper plans just so he could get at rich politicians ...who does that? Are aware in his 20 something month rule the man never initiated a single capital project ...please go and read our economic history properly
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by oluwalewis(m): 8:34am On Jan 31, 2017
Real talk.
Despite we knowing that we have a long way to go, we are yet to take a step but enjoy playing the blaming game
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by george93(m): 8:36am On Jan 31, 2017
ayindejimmy:

That means agencies like Nafdac and Son are not doing their work effectively
That is the million question for them. They are more interested in the imported drugs than the locally manufactured ones.

These industries have a way of manipulating them. Sometimes they argue that despite having lower concentration of the active ingredients, their drugs are still effective.
Re: Checkout The Main Cause Of Free Fall Of Naira To Dollar. by ayindejimmy(m): 8:39am On Jan 31, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Please go and study the economic policies of Buhari in the 80s proper and you will see that was where Nigeria lost the big plot ...For example Nigeria Airways was the biggest airline and most profitable airline in Africa before he came but barely 15 months later the same airline would return 70 percent of its fleet and cut 1000 jobs ...Are you aware that Buhari engaged in strnage economics then like secretly changing the currency virtually overnight without proper plans just so he could get at rich politicians ...who does that? Are aware in his 20 something month rule the man never initiated a single capital project ...please go and read our economic history properly

All these was when..., over 30 years ago?
And no other president since then can remedy the ills?
The time you're speaking of, SA has not attained independence, Dubai was a desert then. Look at both of them now.
Let me tell you the truth, from the 70s till now we've been having visionless and complacent leaders - period!
All leaders are to blame

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra Election..Even If My Phallic Symbol Is Severed, I'll Never Vote For APC! / Nigeria Is Allah's Gift To The Fulani–aliyu Ismaila Gwarzo (former Head DSS) / Morgue Worker Arrested After Giving Birth To A Dead Man’s Baby

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.