Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,949 members, 7,817,789 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week (24146 Views)

I Got Two Job Offers At The Same Time / Sacked By Konga, Customer Service Rep Gets 30 Job Offers On Twitter In 24 Hours / How I Got Three Teaching Jobs Within Three Months After My NYSC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Toks2008(m): 6:12pm On Jan 31, 2017
ollamy22:
Thank you all. i appreciate your responses. The three jobs pay above 100k. 2 in lagos and 1 outside lagos. I honestly applied for the jobs on nairaland

I'm quite happy for you but one worrisome thing I have realized is the way our youths celebrate when the secure a job.

People no longer celebrate a budding enterprenure who could become an employer tomorrow but would gladly celebrate a youth that gets a $200 or $300 monthly salary job.

Don't get it twisted dude..I'm happy for you and I pray you get to your desired level in life but it's time we started celebrating those hustlers out there who are the potential Dangotes tomorrow.

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by nabegibeg: 6:12pm On Jan 31, 2017
what is your take home after tax
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Tenplet(m): 6:17pm On Jan 31, 2017
Mind of a hustler tho bt open ur eyes wella to de kind of risk u take..also remember ,a bird at hand..to all dis commenters
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by gretblue: 6:25pm On Jan 31, 2017
paris10:
Christians attribute successes to God and Jesus Christ. This dude right here is giving 'Allah' the 'praise'. What do you have to say Christians?

Is Jesus Christ the only way as claimed by the Bible, or is it just a coincidence from this guy's perspective? May be luck, not favour?, destiny, not pre-destined?, or just being smart, hardworking and enlightened?
How and when did we get to this level? When and how are we going to stop this Religion persecution /Intolerance among Nigeria Elites?

2 Likes

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Francis95(m): 6:29pm On Jan 31, 2017
ollamy22:
Thank you all. i appreciate your responses. The three jobs pay above 100k. 2 in lagos and 1 outside lagos. I honestly applied for the jobs on nairaland
is there any chance for a graduate that studied an Education course in school to get job elsewhere asides Teaching ?
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Francis95(m): 6:30pm On Jan 31, 2017
Toks2008:

I'm quite happy for you but one worrisome thing I have realized is the way our youths celebrate when the secure a job.

People no longer celebrate a budding enterprenure who could become an employer tomorrow but would gladly celebrate a youth that gets a $200 or $300 monthly salary job.

Don't get it twisted dude..I'm happy for you and I pray you get to your desired level in life but it's time we started celebrating those hustlers out there who are the potential Dangotes tomorrow.

there any chance for a graduate that studied an Education course in school to get job elsewhere asides Teaching ?
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Souljaboi1: 6:33pm On Jan 31, 2017
This guy makes me remember DMeanMan.

From TSL to Bonny to CCP and now PH.

I still covertly check his LinkedIn page once in a while. I still await his update except he signed a clause agreement with his new firm.

As Ojoawo would say, Taiwo na Job hustler. grin

@OP, BaarakaLLaahu feekum !

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by spencekat(m): 6:47pm On Jan 31, 2017
Toks2008:

But money is needed to become a potential Dangote.He can gather money and launch out in any small capacity after few years in the company.
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by ajsans: 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2017
Toks2008:

The Nigeria environment is not friendly to budding entrepreneur another thing is fear of failing at the business. Hence people consider the safer option of looking for job regardless of the pay they receive.
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by iamsamadeyinka(m): 7:01pm On Jan 31, 2017
CONGRATS!

A wonderful evening to you Nairalanders!
Please, I need a soft loan to pay back in three months.
I'd be glad if you can assist.
kindly contact +2349068226911.
I celebrate you!
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Ceejey01(m): 7:08pm On Jan 31, 2017
Congrats. I attended the iteach cohort 5.wasnt selected. Your story is inspiring. Pls I would like to contact u... Freestyllar@yahoo.com
ollamy22:
I give thanks to Allah for giving me the strength and courage to believe in my self, to make employers perceive me as the right candidate right from CV screening to the point of interview. Nothing feels good to be a self made devoid of any underhand influence other than your ability and God's blessings.

This is a brief story about me. Immediately i finished NYSC, i was so determined never to sit at home doing nothing. I looked around my environment to secure a job with a cement trading company that paid me a salary of 10k. Soon, I joined Corona Schools Trust Council as a Graduate Teacher Trainee with the hope of being absorbed into their main teaching staff later on because i enjoyed teaching during NYSC.

Unfortunately, Corona Schools changed the goal post in the middle of the game. we were told that the programme is a corporate social responsibility and we wont be absorbed because there was no vacancy. mind u, we were paid 35k + feeding monthly. four months wasted for young, bright and brilliant graduates. After some weeks, i secured another job with an Audit Firm to learn practical accounting. Anybody who has worked with a small audit firm knows what it takes to be a man. Truly, i loved the job but left in frustration after 13 months on a salary scale of between 20-28k per month from Idimu - Maryland, Lagos. If no one praises me, i praise myself. The merry go round continues, got another job with a company that pays 50k. i enjoyed a little relief after NYSC. Spent 3 months and got offer with a capital market operator, my brother, the job no be beans, wake up 4am and return home around 10pm everyday coupled with transportation gulping more than 30% of my net pay.
That really fueled my desire to move again. i started applying voraciously to many job vacancies, related and unrelated skill sets. And finally, the 3 offers landed with a keen decision to be made.

Please be mindful that as a young person, i never set out to be jumping around jobs because of money. but when you find yourself in a let down situation, fight it. set standard for yourself and go for it. every employer wants the best and to continue to make more profit which is normal. however, no employer will pity u when it decides to sack you because you u are deemed to work below expectation.

Also note that for every place where i worked, my integrity and appetite for success always remain intact. it hurts me when i resign my appointments and observe that my employers still want me but hey, i can only hustle while i am still young. let us be sincere, how can i cope with 28k per month in Lagos, considering the distance for a guy who is around 30? when will i rent an apartment, when will i marry?

Ingredients for Success:
Set your standard
Believe in your ability
Be persistent
Never get discouraged
Be courageous
Sometimes controversial
Elements of greed
Never be docile
Be a risk taker
you can also add other qualities

thank you. may Allah bless our hustles

1 Like

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by AmeerahFKI(f): 7:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
Congratulations, op! Really happy for u smiley

1 Like

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Tidamsel: 7:22pm On Jan 31, 2017
Congratz dear
I tap in2 ur testimony
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 31, 2017
Souljaboi1:
This guy makes me remember DMeanMan.

From TSL to Bonny to CCP and now PH.

I still covertly check his LinkedIn page once in a while. I still await his update except he signed a clause agreement with his new firm.

As Ojoawo would say, Taiwo na Job hustler. grin

@OP, BaarakaLLaahu feekum !

No clause was signed bro grin

I've been doing load of writing lately, I thought I'd avoid the ones I can cheesy

Congrats to the OP on the new gig. Keep the fire burning sir.

3 Likes

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Championlaw200(m): 7:56pm On Jan 31, 2017
Must you talk? Abeg face ur own[b][/b]
initialize:
You just come here to praise ursef, tell us ur age, show say u dey find wife and say u Sabi write English very well...

The 3 jobs u no talk, salary wey dem give u, you silent,....

Na u Sabi o! undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Championlaw200(m): 8:08pm On Jan 31, 2017
Bros Wetin be ur own na, Must you talk?
initialize:
You just come here to praise ursef, tell us ur age, show say u dey find wife and say u Sabi write English very well...

Na u Sabi o! undecided

1 Like

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by wildchild1: 8:18pm On Jan 31, 2017
initialize:

Na u Sabi o! undecided
Bros you harsh ooo lols
Long time, wwetin dey?

1 Like

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by initialize(m): 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2017
wildchild1:

Bros you harsh ooo lols
Long time, wwetin dey?

My man Abass.... I dey alright. You never show for lag?
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by initialize(m): 8:28pm On Jan 31, 2017
Championlaw200:
j

Championlaw200:

U use normal font, I no reply

So na why you go thicken ur post again so that I go quote u.

Now I don quote u... Do ur worst

Rada-Rada tongue
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by soulhighman(m): 9:08pm On Jan 31, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:
Thank God not allahh

Olodo. Even in Arabic Bible God is written as Allah. Go get some lessons bro.
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by omoalhaji1(m): 10:14pm On Jan 31, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:
Thank God not allahh
. Alakatakiti
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by donGotze(m): 12:39am On Feb 01, 2017
Congratulations op...what an inspiring piece?
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Souljaboi1: 8:23am On Feb 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

I've been doing load of writing lately, I thought I'd avoid the ones I can cheesy

Nice !

Kindly share your writings so we can derive benefits from your Knowledge.
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by ksstroud: 9:01am On Feb 01, 2017
DMeanMan:

The land is GREEN...many are waiting... grin grin grin
Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by ksstroud: 9:02am On Feb 01, 2017
Souljaboi1:

Nice !

Kindly share your writings so we can derive benefits from your Knowledge.

You bn follow am bumper to bumper

1 Like

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by Championlaw200(m): 11:47am On Feb 01, 2017
Lol... Iya nje eeeeeeee
initialize:
j

U use normal font, I no reply

So na why you go thicken ur post again so that I go quote u.

Now I don quote u... Do ur worst

Rada-Rada tongue

1 Like

Re: How I Got Three Job Offers Within A Week by noblekel: 2:34pm On Feb 02, 2017
Greetings Mr Ollamy22! Don't know y but I feel inspired by ur post! Pls I'm Kelvin, will really like to talk/chat with u personally!

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Difference Between Application Letter And Cover Letter? / N-power Beneficiaries Share Experiences / Kaduna Government Recruiting 25,000 Teachers For Primary School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.