Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,148 members, 7,825,584 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. (6800 Views)

ISIS Militants Raid Afghanistan Prison, Free 300 Inmates, 29 Killed (Graphic) / US Troops Were Injured In Iran Missile Attack Despite US Denying Casualties -CNN / US Drops The "Mother Of All Bombs" In Afghanistan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by BUHARIISCURSED(m): 10:35pm On Jan 31, 2017
ollah1:

What religion were they practicing in the 70s? Bigotry and tribalism kills.

the religion of piss destroyed those countries

3 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 31, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:

I don't discuss with empty headed bigots

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by Xbee007(m): 7:17am On Feb 01, 2017
oglalasioux:
Iran before Islam took it back to the stone age.

The Shah worked out a fantastic social security system and was about to kick off before the Ayatollah struck. It will take at least half a century before Iran will get back to the pre revolution status.
Iran has always been a Muslim country since the begining of time. Several religions and culture existing side by side until America decided to destroy the middle east for their ally, Israel.

4 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by Rich4god(m): 8:10am On Feb 01, 2017
Xbee007:

Iran has always been a Muslim country since the begining of time. Several religions and culture existing side by side until America decided to destroy the middle east for their ally, Israel.

I quite agree with you.... Even though after the revolution, there were some up springs of extremists, but the middle East was destroyed by the US.... Even a toddler knows that.

4 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by QuietHammer(m): 8:18am On Feb 01, 2017
Xtianvic:
*Grabs sit with full force*
Calm down. Don't break the chair
Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by QuietHammer(m): 8:22am On Feb 01, 2017
BUHARIISCURSED:

Can't you just pretend to have a functioning brain for once?

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by magabounce(m): 8:25am On Feb 01, 2017
@explorers, I can't believe diz!!!
Iraq?
Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by SalamRushdie: 2:07pm On Feb 01, 2017
This is what Buhari want to do to Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by daveP(m): 6:41pm On Feb 01, 2017
The freedom prophesied of in the book of Revelation and Isaiah will be very effective on middle eastern countries. They've been in bandage for ages.
Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by wman(m): 11:29pm On Feb 01, 2017
The president before the revolution was supported by the United States and the country was highly westernized.

The revolution was caused by Islamic extremists.

The country became the Islamic Republic of Iran after the revolution.

There was a referendum passed then.

Stop blaming the United States for everything.

You won’t talk about the radical imam who declared war against sovereignty and declared war on Iraq, Baghdad, Yemen and other countries.

You won’t talk about the Iraq Iran war where Iraq invaded most of Iran. Iran started the war and it backfired on them.

Lots of people lost life and the country fell.

You won’t make any analysis or research at all. You'll just blame the United States for everything.

Sure they have their own mess but don't blame them for everything.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by metallisc(m): 8:30am On Feb 02, 2017
ollah1:

What religion were they practicing in the 70s? Bigotry and tribalism kills.

when you don't know something, ask and learn. stop insulting people.

for your information before the late 70's and early 80's most of Iran were Zoroastrians by faith. If you want to know how the middle east (from Iran) became the hell hole that it is today then go and study some history about Ayatollah Khomeini, he ruined the middle east with radical islam as you see today, the foundations he laid with brainwashed muslim sheep is what has kept the large part of the middle east the horrible way they are up till today...

as you can see above from explorers, life in the middle east used to be just like in europe, but the idiiot bastardd ruined the whole region with stupidity... shame

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by metallisc(m): 8:34am On Feb 02, 2017
....time magazine covers from the early 80s

3 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 02, 2017
metallisc:

when you don't know something, ask and learn. stop insulting people.

for your information before the late 70's and early 80's most of Iran were Zoroastrians by faith. If you want to know how the middle east (from Iran) became the hell hole that it is today then go and study some history about Ayatollah Khomeini, he ruined the middle east with radical islam as you see today, the foundations he laid with brainwashed muslim sheep is what has kept the large part of the middle east the horrible way they are up till today...

as you can see above from explorers, life in the middle east used to be just like in europe, but the idiiot bastardd ruined the whole region with stupidity... shame

Read and be enlightened
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by Nobody: 10:09am On Feb 02, 2017
Explorers is that you??
Pitches tent here
Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by metallisc(m): 10:18am On Feb 02, 2017
ollah1:

Read and be enlightened
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Mosaddegh

enlightened... grin grin grin grin dude i know the history of the middle east like the back of my hand... i have studied it for almost two decades!

and your point with the 'wikipedia biography' up there to my conversation is....??

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by Nobody: 10:34am On Feb 02, 2017
metallisc:

enlightened... grin grin grin grin dude i know the history of the middle east like the back of my hand... i have studied it for almost two decades!

and your point with the 'wikipedia biography' up there to my conversation is....??

You don't wanna read what the link entails yet you want me to read your epistles

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by metallisc(m): 10:45am On Feb 02, 2017
ollah1:

You don't wanna read what the link entails yet you want me to read your epistles

like i said, i know about the middle east and what you have their is a preamble/summary of mossaddegh's biography! what i asked you, of what relevance is it to my discussion above?

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by Nobody: 10:56am On Feb 02, 2017
metallisc:

like i said, i know about the middle east and what you have their is a preamble/summary of mossaddegh's biography! what i asked you, of what relevance is it to my discussion above?

Don't be myopic with your thinking process. You will know the relevance when it's opened cos it's not just about his Biography.

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by owobokiri(m): 7:13pm On Feb 02, 2017
oglalasioux:
Iran before Islam took it back to the stone age.

The Shah worked out a fantastic social security system and was about to kick off before the Ayatollah struck. It will take at least half a century before Iran will get back to the pre revolution status.

The Shah destroyed Iran and it was his slavish loyalty to the west against the interest of his people that forced a greater number of Iranians to jump into the hands of the Ayatollahs.. I don't even know what you mean by the "pre revolution status" of Iran. . . Iran of today is by far more economically, militarily and diplomatically powerful than the Shahs Iran..

3 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by oglalasioux(m): 9:28pm On Feb 02, 2017
owobokiri:

The Shah destroyed Iran and it was his slavish loyalty to the west against the interest of his people that forced a greater number of Iranians to jump into the hands of the Ayatollahs.. I don't even know what you mean by the "pre revolution status" of Iran. . . Iran of today is by far more economically, militarily and diplomatically powerful than the Shahs Iran..

I'm shocked at the bolded.

Agreed that the dynasty of the Shah's was rightly ended because of widespread revolutions to end monarchy world over and embrace democracy. It happened in France, Russia, China, Germany, Japan etc. Iran's revolution was therefore in order.

But saying Iran under the Ayatollahs is better than Iran under the Shahs cannot be true.
Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by blessedvisky(m): 11:02pm On Feb 02, 2017
Chai! So radical Islam is what turned Iran into what it is today. ISLAMABAD no be joke OO. May God bless Trump OO. Before USA becomes another Islamic Republic.

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by owobokiri(m): 3:23am On Feb 03, 2017
oglalasioux:

Agreed that the dynasty of the Shah's was rightly ended because of widespread revolutions to end monarchy world over and embrace democracy. It happened in France, Russia, China, Germany, Japan etc. Iran's revolution was therefore in order.

But saying Iran under the Ayatollahs is better than Iran under the Shahs cannot be true.

Data can't lie.. Unless you are talking about liberalism in terms of social life, as we can see in the pictures folks seem far more liberal in terms of their outlook/dressing and general social life back then. . . Apart from that, Iran of today trounces that of the Shah in almost every other facet. . Iran is manufacturing more, Iran is exporting more, militarily, Iran is most probably the force to reckon with in the middle east with the exception of Israel. Diplomatically, Iran is influencing policies from Syria through Yemen to even the US (read the Iran nuclear deal). In fact there is no comparison. Shahs Iran was just there. Iran has made monumental strides in terms of serious technological advancements/education within the last 30-40 years. Does that take away the fact that there has been a certain level of repression and authoritarianism on the part of those who consider themselves as the "guardians of the revolution" in Iran? No.

2 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by owobokiri(m): 3:32am On Feb 03, 2017
blessedvisky:
Chai! So radical Islam is what turned Iran into what it is today. ISLAMABAD no be joke OO. May God bless Trump OO. Before USA becomes another Islamic Republic.

It was a contorted version of "radical Islamism".. Take a look at Afghanistan of the pre-Taliban era. Look at the pictures of those pretty Afghan gals. . . , dressing freely and moving freely. That was the nature of life in Afghanistan even under the rule of different Soviet supported governments. All that changed when the CIA/Americans invented Al-Qaeda/Taliban and used the fierce Saudi supported ideology behind that movement to rally enough support just to overthrow the Soviet supported governments there. The Taliban came in and destroyed "modern Afghanistan" and then came up with the most conservative dress codes and social planning for Afghans. . For over four decades, the Taliban worked hard to catapult the unfortunate Afghans back to prehistoric existence while the Americans left immediately the Soviet Union disintegrated.. . Old habits die hard. The Taliban has been defeated, but her teachings seem to have stuck hard till this day..

3 Likes

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by blessedvisky(m): 6:27am On Feb 03, 2017
owobokiri:

It was a contorted version of "radical Islamism".. Take a look at Afghanistan of the pre-Taliban era. Look at the pictures of those pretty Afghan gals. . . , dressing freely and moving freely. That was the nature of life in Afghanistan even under the rule of different Soviet supported governments. All that changed when the CIA/Americans invented Al-Qaeda/Taliban and used the fierce Saudi supported ideology behind that movement to rally enough support just to overthrow the Soviet supported governments there. The Taliban came in and destroyed "modern Afghanistan" and then came up with the most conservative dress codes and social planning for Afghans. . For over four decades, the Taliban worked hard to catapult the unfortunate Afghans back to the prehistoric existence while the Americans left immediately the Soviet Union disintegrated.. . Old habits die hard. The Taliban has been defeated, but her teachings seem to have stuck hard till this day..

cry cry
Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by wristbangle: 7:02am On Feb 03, 2017
Prof lalasticlala, I think this thread deserves wider view please
Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by Explorers(m): 12:45pm On Feb 04, 2017
Iranian advertising before the Islamic revolution, 1979.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by blackjack21(m): 8:00pm On Feb 04, 2017
oglalasioux:

Unfortunately as it may be, Iran is a beauty
But the people are fanatically deranged yet well educated.
Iran is irony.

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by Explorers(m): 8:05pm On Feb 04, 2017
blackjack21:

Unfortunately as it may be, Iran is a beauty
But the people are fanatically deranged yet well educated.
Iran is irony.

Generally, planet earth is beautiful but the people.
Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by Ndipe(m): 12:43am On Mar 22, 2022
I had several Iranian colleagues at work and the lady used to wax nostalgically about life in Iran during the era of the Shah.
Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by thundafire: 6:29am On Mar 22, 2022
fijiano202:
Wow and wow....one great thing america is good at is destroying beautiful nations....I still don't understand their goals
mumu spitted
Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by nurudeen181(m): 6:58am On Mar 22, 2022
all pictures shows students and vacation spot.. i know there are british-iranians. American-iranian etc. what if they were the only ones in the picture.. do you watch farsi tv or ifilm before you can conclude this are iranians.. and the afghanistan pictures so nothing but a similitude to what the iranian pictures show.. its the westerners who were there to enforce their culture on them via western education.. why was a picture from prayer ground or quaranic graduation or a maket not shown... we all know how schools were in those day.. another propaganda news from mainstream outlet

1 Like

Re: Fascinating Photos Reveal Life In Iran And Afghanistan In The 70s. by nurudeen181(m): 7:00am On Mar 22, 2022
Explorers:
Iranian advertising before the Islamic revolution, 1979.
this are jews not iranians

(1) (2) (Reply)

UKRAINE WAR; Dead Bodies Pile Up - Graphics Photos / South Sudan Has Become The World's Newest Nation! / Larry C. Johnson: “the Ukrainian Army Has Been Defeated. What’s Left Is Mop-up”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.